Topic Stats

• 10,540 posts
  • 603 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,194 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADE83A81-A076-486A-BB15-D149DE1BD5C7 (resized).jpeg
50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10540 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 211.
#5901 3 years ago

I did not. My whole family is reall digging this game. Great job Spooky.

#5902 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I did not. My whole family is reall digging this game. Great job Spooky.

Awesome do you have it in adult mode ?

#5903 3 years ago

Yes I do.

#5904 3 years ago

Sweet great family time

#5905 3 years ago

Mother f got blood on my best clown suit,family fun for all

#5906 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

wow #90 my 113 is getting closer!

index (resized).jpg

#5907 3 years ago

Can't we opt to have mylar put on during the build process? I would want mine on in hopes play field would stay nicer longer. ? ?

#5908 3 years ago

Need help finding some apron cards. Thank you in advance for help.

#5909 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Need help finding some apron cards. Thank you in advance for help.

They are on the spooky website

#5911 3 years ago

Is v12 released yet? The Spooky website says V0012, but when I download, it's still v11 in the archive.

I installed a knocker, and it sounds great. I'd like to see more options to use it for high scores, though. I set my other games for GC 3 credits, HS1 2 credits, others 1 credit.

I also need to work on the lighting. Has anyone changed the GI to different bulbs? What did you use?

#5912 3 years ago

I think I'm going to add a spotlights on the slings to brighten the playfield up a little when I get mine. Charlie mentioned adding spots around the time of adding additional inserts.

#5913 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I think I'm going to add a spotlights on the slings to brighten the playfield up a little when I get mine. Charlie mentioned adding spots around the time of adding additional inserts.

Yeah i'm going to do the same.

#5914 3 years ago

huh...? Could be prettier, heh? What about alternates? Aurium, can u hear me?

#5915 3 years ago

Spots are a must IMO. You cannot even see the playfield artwork with the stock lighting.

#5916 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Spots are a must IMO. You cannot even see the playfield artwork with the stock lighting.

If your playing in the dark.

#5917 3 years ago

My gameroom has overhead lighting that helps a lot, probably even better than spots. Sometimes, I like to play in the dark, though. I tried OpMax, and the sunlight look good, but don't light anything better. The red OpMax barely lit at all. I think I'm going to try twin SMD, but I'll have to order them.

I installed a LED OCD this morning, but I still need to work on the firmware. I also gave Ben some code that he says he's looking at for AMH. Maybe that could be rolled into RZ and give us smooth inserts without any hardware.

I like white lamps under the mode inserts better than color matched ones.

#5918 3 years ago

Here are the spots I added, or moved from under ball return then added a comet light strip where they were. image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5919 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Is v12 released yet? The Spooky website says V0012, but when I download, it's still v11 in the archive.
I installed a knocker, and it sounds great. I'd like to see more options to use it for high scores, though. I set my other games for GC 3 credits, HS1 2 credits, others 1 credit.
I also need to work on the lighting. Has anyone changed the GI to different bulbs? What did you use?

Spooky site still claims v12. But just downloaded now, and whatsnew.txt only shows v11 8/9/16 changes & zip contents still RZO_V011.PRG

I decided to do nothing for now & stayed on v10.

#5920 3 years ago

Post LEDs with spots are very nice

image (resized).jpeg

#5921 3 years ago

Stock game with Spooky led upgrades and mods. Compared to WOZ GI it is much better in RZ IMHO. Added pic with game off.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#5922 3 years ago

Is your coin door open? Apron should be lit too and that throws some light.

#5923 3 years ago

Yep. Just hard to see in pics.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#5924 3 years ago

This lighting stuff is my jam. Can't wait to get a hold of mine and tinker until it's perfect. Herg you mentioned red and natural sunlight OPMAXes, but did you try any Amber? I'm thinking Amber GI under all that red and black plastic is the ticket on this game. Maybe some purple accents as the standard purple from comet tends to be very white as is and can be very bright and a unique substitute for boring white.

A friend bought tskinne's RZ and should be receiving any day. maybe he'll let me test stuff in his game : )

#5925 3 years ago

I'm not sure that other colors would work in this game. The lightshow uses the white and red strings separately to highlight game events. I'm not really a big fan of colored GI, either. I'm leaving the red here because of the way it's used, but if it was just like a Stern Pro game, I'd make them all white.

I have some frosted twin SMD on the way, and I'll step my way up through the spotlight and post light suggestions. I think it might remain a lot like WOZ. I added spots to WOZ, but I still never play it in the dark.

I'm pretty happy with the inserts now. I got the OCD running properly in it, and I love the white lights under the mode inserts. I do have a few more inserts that I'm trying to find the right bulbs for, and I have some stuff coming to try.

As others mentioned, one of the ramp screws came out of mine as well. The previous owner used the toothpick method, but it came out again. I used a longer screw.

I also have an occasional trap happening somewhere under the upper playfield where I can't see the ball. I have always been able to shake it loose, but it take a lot of shaking. I have a thin USB camera that I can slide up in there next time it hangs.

#5926 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The lightshow uses the white and red strings separately to highlight game events.

ah, good point. guess I never really paid much attention nor noticed while playing at conventions with a bunch of commotion! Can't wait to play in a home environment any minute...

#5927 3 years ago

I finally got to play a Rob Zombie yesterday on site and it was a shit show. I really hope this was not indicative of the build quality. Game was set to $1 per play and it obviously has to be pretty new, so I'm really disappointed at my experience.

Everyone talks about how dark this game is, but on this one I think ALL the GI was out. I didn't have a clue what I was supposed to be doing.

The ball hung up in so many different places: shooter lane on the switch (out of reach of the plunger), under the mini-playfield somewhere, in the left orbit, and at least one other place. Sometimes nudging worked it loose, but I tilted and lost balls more times than not (totally uncool at $1/game).

Between these issues and things I've read here, like ramp flap screws stripping and popping loose, I'm really concerned. I left this experience doubting if the game is any good and how well it was built. VERY SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, but enough that combined with other comments here has me worried I won't be happy with the experience when I get my game.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, and I'll wait to finalize any judgement until I can play another example (probably at Expo) but my initial impression took all the negative comments I've seen here and made them a bit worse. Here's hoping that was an anomaly experience.

#5928 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I finally got to play a Rob Zombie yesterday on site and it was a shit show. I really hope this was not indicative of the build quality. Game was set to $1 per play and it obviously has to be pretty new, so I'm really disappointed at my experience.
Everyone talks about how dark this game is, but on this one I think ALL the GI was out. I didn't have a clue what I was supposed to be doing.
The ball hung up in so many different places: shooter lane on the switch (out of reach of the plunger), under the mini-playfield somewhere, in the left orbit, and at least one other place. Sometimes nudging worked it loose, but I tilted and lost balls more times than not (totally uncool at $1/game).
Between these issues and things I've read here, like ramp flap screws stripping and popping loose, I'm really concerned. I left this experience doubting if the game is any good and how well it was built. VERY SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, but enough that combined with other comments here has me worried I won't be happy with the experience when I get my game.
I'm not saying the sky is falling, and I'll wait to finalize any judgement until I can play another example (probably at Expo) but my initial impression took all the negative comments I've seen here and made them a bit worse. Here's hoping that was an anomaly experience.

When I picked up my game It sounded like Spooky was going to put out a video explaining game rules shortly. Might be some time to get it all edited I'm sure

As far as the GI, out, sounds like the operator needs to take care of that.

#5929 3 years ago

A poorly maintained route game and a stripped screw are not indications of poor quality control.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Between these issues and things I've read here, like ramp flap screws stripping and popping loose

#5930 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

hopefully you contacted the operator to let them know. I can say form experience that when you have a bunch of games on route, the ONLY way to know of issue and fix them is when concerned players help out by informing the owner/operator.

#5931 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Sounds like the operator needs fix things and make sure they game is set up correctly. Saying the game is poorly built is kinda harsh as we well never see games built as good wpc games were in the past. Spooky stands behind there games and well take care of any issues you have asap. I had my issues with amh fixed in 1 hour when i had a problem. Lastly it's pinball things well break it happen even in new games.

#5932 3 years ago

Cheeks, you have one on order?

#5933 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

we well never see games built as good wpc games were in the past.

This always confuses me. in my experience, ALL pinball games break... and especially the 20-25 year old Bally-WPC games. if your games aren't "breaking" and/or needing tweaks then you're very likely not playing them.

I fully expect to both tweak my RZ out of the box and "fix" it in the first year. Because I'm going to play the hell out of it.

#5934 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

This always confuses me. in my experience, ALL pinball games break... and especially the 20-25 year old Bally-WPC games. if your games aren't "breaking" and/or needing tweaks then you're very likely not playing them.
I fully expect to both tweak my RZ out of the box and "fix" it in the first year. Because I'm going to play the hell out of it.

I was not saying wpc don't break as i agree all pinball breaks even new.

#5935 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Spooky site still claims v12. But just downloaded now, and whatsnew.txt only shows v11 8/9/16 changes & zip contents still RZO_V011.PRG
I decided to do nothing for now & stayed on v10.

I think you caught it in the middle of updating everything.

V012 is out and ready.

Side note, I am not including the AV firmware in the manual update process. AV code is at a point that I don't see any further updates being made to it. No reason to risk bricking machines if the code never changes.

If you update and somehow mess up, your machine will still be in a state that you can retry.

#5936 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Cheeks, you have one on order?

Yes, I do have one on order, that's why I'm concerned.

Quoted from jalpert:

A poorly maintained route game and a stripped screw are not indications of poor quality control.

Poor route maintenance is not necessarily indicative of a poor quality machine, but this game is so new and it played like crap. There was a Stern Metallica, Kiss, and Batman right next to it running and looking just fine. I can't stand any of those games, but them running like clockwork makes an initial impression compared to RZ none-the-less.

While I agree that people have made WAY too much of the screw-popping phenomenon, I have almost 30 games and I've never had this happen on one of them, nor have I heard of others complaining about this on other games. There just seem to be a lot of comments about multiple ball hang-ups and other poor performance related things.

I really love Spooky and I want this to be a success. I'm just relating my single experience with this game and comparing it to some of the many comments I've read on here.

#5937 3 years ago

We've already corrected the ramps screws... if anyone needs longer ramps screws, email KT and we'll get them out to you. It wasn't a huge issue, but yeah... some did work loose.

Ball hang ups in the inner orbit tend to happen on the switch. The rail is angled at 15 degrees, so that shouldn't be an issue (but can be if that switch is a tick high). Simple adjustments go a long way.

GI... we've got 38 lamps in there, and if the premiums are used they are the "f'n brights" that are 4 SMD LED's... plus 2 of those are spots under the apron shining up the playfield. It's just dark art... it's what was requested by the license, so we did what we could to illuminate.

Build quality is MUCH better in RZ from AMH... and we'll continue to get better.

#5938 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We've already corrected the ramps screws... if anyone needs longer ramps screws, email KT and we'll get them out to you. It wasn't a huge issue, but yeah... some did work loose.
Ball hang ups in the inner orbit tend to happen on the switch. The rail is angled at 15 degrees, so that shouldn't be an issue (but can be if that switch is a tick high). Simple adjustments go a long way.
GI... we've got 38 lamps in there, and if the premiums are used they are the "f'n brights" that are 4 SMD LED's... plus 2 of those are spots under the apron shining up the playfield. It's just dark art... it's what was requested by the license, so we did what we could to illuminate.
Build quality is MUCH better in RZ from AMH... and we'll continue to get better.

See spooky listens and take care of any issues So again i say it best customer support for pinball and thx charlie for all you do for pinball

#5939 3 years ago

Thanks for always listening and improving Chuck!

#5940 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for always listening and improving Chuck!

Do our best Hilton! We're only 2 games into this career... and I know we can and will do better! All part of the growing process.

#5941 3 years ago

Glad we are able to provide feedback and see it directly implemented! Amazing how a positive relationship with the community can mean so much

Now we just need to figure out how to get a Dominos over to MRP Maybe you can loan one to KingPin???

#5942 3 years ago

One week and loving the shit out of this game. It's so fast, and awesome when you get a 7 ball mutiball. Just insane. I too had a ball disappear under the upper playfield. I need to figure out how to disassemble and get it back its between two silver lane guides. Not causing a problem and playing great.

#5943 3 years ago

It's a great game but like amh it needs some tweaking to get it to play just right not unlike any new game

#5944 3 years ago

Please don't take the following as complaining, but rather as an attempt to make the game better. Overall, I love it, and I plan on keeping it a long time.

We've already corrected the ramps screws...

That's great to hear, and that's why reporting issues, even small ones, is important. The remaining 200 or so buyers won't have that issue to deal with. Good job, Spooky.

Along those lines, the wooden backbox trim piece that sits in front of the lock was not nailed in place on my machine. It has holes in it, so it looks like it may have been predrilled or something, but no nails. I'll tack it in place with some brads.

Ball hang ups in the inner orbit tend to happen on the switch.

I'll take a look at that. I didn't get any hang ups on that last night, so I didn't get a chance to go searching.

I did have a bunch of balls sitting on the back of the drop target, though. Most times it's resting against the left side of the target and the ball guide. A bump on the side of the cabinet clears it pretty easily, but risks a center drain. I leveled the game using a digital level on the playfield, near the bat, so I don't think that's the problem.

The GI is plenty bright, but the f'n brights don't really get a chance to point at the playfield. They're so low profile that they mainly light the plastics, though you do get some reflected light from the underside of the plastics. It's easy to change them out, and I'm not sure I'd be satisfied no matter what you chose. I'm pretty picky about lighting. The dark art does make the issue stand out more, but with good overhead lighting, the dark artwork looks fine. It certainly feels different than anything else I own, and that's part of the draw for me.

I have a few notes on gameplay as well.

House of 1000 Corpses is fun the first few times, but I'm starting to find it a bit lacking. I can't really aim at the multiplier targets all that well, and once they're collected, there's no reason to shoot at them anymore. There's nothing that I'm aware of to shoot for to get lots of switch hits (no spinners, pop aren't clustered, etc.). I just end up flapping away trying to keep balls alive.

It's too loaded with points to avoid, though. I can complete three modes and still end up with lower scores than one trip to HO1KC. The modes are where the fun is IMO, and I'd love for there to be a better reason to go for them.

Some of the modes are a bit ramp heavy. Despite one being timed and the other being avoid slings and pops, Dragula and Superbeast feel like the same mode to me. In Dragula, hitting the slings or pops results in time being chewed up, so the end result is the same. I think I'd like to see alternate shots being required, to collect gas or something, rather than just spamming the ramp.

I really like American Witch, how it makes you work your way across the playfield. Are the sling and pop hits clear when a shot is successfully made? It feels like I often get caught up in the slings before I hit the left orbit, then I don't have enough of a chance to complete the other shots.

I also like Dead City Radio, but I cringe every time I start to shoot at the 1 target. I've started shooting the ramp to get chop completed, hop the ball to the right flipper, then shoot the 1.

Demonoid Phenomenon feels like a wizard mode to me, and I've only come close to completing it once. It's a lot of fun, though.

What, I need to get a feel for the upper playfield before I can comment on it. I can't remember, are the shots carried over, or does it restart every time?

#5945 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The modes are where the fun is IMO, and I'd love for there to be a better reason to go for them.

great feedback Herg. I wondered this myself in my limited convention play experience with the game.

a spinner or clustered pops would probably make H1KC too easy imo. that would add a tremendous amount of hits I'd think

#5946 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Post LEDs with spots are very nice

Nice! I'd sure like to see more pics of those on your game. Where did you get them?

#5947 3 years ago

You can buy post lights from a number of suppliers,I use the 12 v one from cointaker but I understand the best ones are from great lakes modular ,also pinball life sells some that work one lower voltage.i have never had any trouble from the ones from cointaker.

#5948 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Glad we are able to provide feedback and see it directly implemented! Amazing how a positive relationship with the community can mean so much
Now we just need to figure out how to get a Dominos over to MRP Maybe you can loan one to KingPin???

Hilton - I have an easy way for you to get a Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure to MRP.... call KT with your credit card in hand!

#5949 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Hilton - I have an easy way for you to get a Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure to MRP.... call KT with your credit card in hand!

lol. Sorry Adam, but guessing I wont get it by Sept 23rd. Aside from that, I dont buy games I have not played yet

If you want to donate some coolstuff to the charity raffle that would be awesome. We love unique and one of a kind things. Ben Heck gave the original clat ghost he made for AMh a few years back. We also did a prize of "ability to do call outs in AMH 3 years ago" That was a sweet prize to win!

#5950 3 years ago

Is there any kind of shortcut for adult mode in the current code (v12)? I think I remember Fawzma saying he had to remove the flipper code. I'd be happy with something as simple as default to family mode, but booting with a flipper button pressed would set it to adult for that session.

Edit:

I found the reference to it being removed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tq=Flipper+code&tu#post-3236364

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Draper, UT
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10540 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside