Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 211.
#5801 3 years ago

It's back ..... Fuse blown while playing an infected mode. Time to turn that feature off in the Set Game screen.... Again.

Fawzma, infected wasn't working correctly in v.11 anyways. Time to elevate this to Tier2.

I played infected Dragula twice. Neither started with the reverse flipper mode. but I completed it once and lost the other time. Was an infected option removed from the menu? Then I played infected What! twice. Neither started with the reverse flipper mode and I completing it once and lost the other time. Then I played infected Superbeast twice. Neither started with the reverse flipper mode and I completed it once and lost the other. It was soon after I won, that the ball drained that the right flipper and ball launch quit working. Blown 3A fuse was the culprit. Changed it and game was back up and running. For now I disabled infection modes and suggest others follow.

#5802 3 years ago

From the V011 notes:
Update - Infected flippers option removed (opposite flipper option)

#5803 3 years ago

I'm picking up mine tomorrow. Yeah!!!!!

#5804 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

From the V011 notes:

Is this coming back? Was this thought to be the culprit of blown fuses?

I would like to see it as on option once the bugs get worked out as I have never had a game that offered that before and think it would be fun to see my guests freak out lol.

#5805 3 years ago

I think Dave is working on it but he may chime in with more details. I think he'll be improving the RZ code for a while which is great

#5806 3 years ago

Ben Heck set the precedent for what good coding and communication and taking feedback is. He is the style to model when it comes to coding and Fawzma appears to be taking a feather from his cap which is a good thing!

#5807 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Fuse blown while playing an infected mode. Time to turn that feature off in the Set Game screen

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

From the V011 notes:

I'm confused. Is the option still there or not? If there's no option, it's always on?

I'd like to take a peek at the code to see if anything jumps out, but it seems that the code won't be available for this game. Is that true?

#5808 3 years ago

If it is, I'd guess it has something to do with the game being licensed.

Quoted from herg:

Is that true?

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm confused. Is the option still there or not? If there's no option, it's always on?
I'd like to take a peek at the code to see if anything jumps out, but it seems that the code won't be available for this game. Is that true?

Infection can be turned on for each of (6) modes individually. There was another setting listed for using reverse flippers that refers to how you want to play a preceding 3 target mode. Choices were regular or reverse flipper. The mode and the option have been removed or hidden in v.11.

My understanding is that the code is open-source. I think you need p-roc to view though. It can be helpful having extra eyes looking at the code to search for the bug causing fuse to blow. I applaud anyone's willingness to spend time helping. Spooky may feel this won't help and that it will slow them down, as people initally ask a bunch of questions just to understand what's there. But when you are chasing a rabbit, you might need to try thinking outside the box.

#5810 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Is this coming back? Was this thought to be the culprit of blown fuses?
I would like to see it as on option once the bugs get worked out as I have never had a game that offered that before and think it would be fun to see my guests freak out lol.

Cactus Canyon Continued has the reversed flippers in drunk multiball. It is a great feature, would like to see this back in the code too if possible. Now just waiting for #150 to be ready to ship.

#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Cactus Canyon Continued has the reversed flippers in drunk multiball. It is a great feature, would like to see this back in the code too if possible. Now just waiting for #150 to be ready to ship.

Yes, I'd like a drunk multiball too!

#5812 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

It was implemented on RZ in a pretty cool way. Once you've beaten a mode a symbol appears beside the name in menu. Chose it again and the 3 target reverse flipper mode is active for x seconds. Fail to complete and you lose ball. Win and you restart mode. Something happens whether you win mode or fail but I can't remember, having never played when it was working 100 percent.

#5813 3 years ago

My understanding is that the code is open-source. I think you need p-roc to view though.

AMH is open source, but I have not seen the RZSSI code anywhere. It is PIC microcontroller code, not PROC based, and the compiler is freely available.

I would REALLY hope that people wouldn't bother them with support requests on source code, but maybe I'm giving people to much credit.

#5814 3 years ago

The code is available on Spooky's website.

#5815 3 years ago

Played a Rob Zombie for the first time at Chicago Street Pinball Arcade in Joliet, IL. LE for $1.00 a play, but had to leave with a few extra free games. Fun game all around, really cool animations/sounds/toys, and I'm looking forward to the future code revisions to add a little more depth (wizard modes)

Just too bad it wasn't in adult mode

20160812_185630_(resized).jpg

#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes, I'd like a drunk multiball too!

You have one every night at your house!

rd

#5817 3 years ago

My RZ is supposed to ship in a few weeks

#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

My RZ is supposed to ship in a few weeks

Enjoy,I took a chance on this game and I love it

#5819 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You have one every night at your house!

rd

That's why it would fit so well RD! Yes i like to let loose on the weekends. Work can be stressful.

#5820 3 years ago

This game is much better than I expected. great job Spooky!!

Does anyone know if standard Williams mirror blades fit this pin?

#5821 3 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

This game is much better than I expected. great job Spooky!!
Does anyone know if standard Williams mirror blades fit this pin?

Just wait i'm sure they well make some for RZ

#5822 3 years ago

We ran into a bug last night. I was in multiball, but I can't remember which one. It should have been 2 ball, but I was only seeing 1, so I assumed the other was trapped somewhere. After I drained, I went looking for the remaining ball. We found it in the VUK, and eventually noticed callouts for mode select, but it was not displaying mode select stuff on the display. Once I selected a mode blind, everything seemed to work fine again.

#5823 3 years ago

As of V012, infected mode will be disabled all together till I get to the bottom of this.

As for finding bugs, as long as I get good descriptions, I'm able to fix those quite easily. When I get a report that something happens, with no details behind it; it's quite difficult to trace those down. It helps a lot if I know what was going on right before a bug happens.

This game is not open source.

Outside of Infected, has anyone seen their fuses blow since V011? I had one report which was related to a drain and V012 should address that.

#5824 3 years ago

unfortunately my RZ and AMH are up for sale, ads are in market place if anyone wants them.

#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

unfortunately my RZ and AMH are up for sale, ads are in market place if anyone wants them.

That's terrible Tommy. Is all ok? I watched your dead flip with AMH, and enjoy you guys talking about RZ on the podcast. Hope everything is ok.

#5826 3 years ago

Yeah, life hurts sometimes, my fault, but need to get out and move on for awhile. Will be back on podcast soon.

#5827 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah, life hurts sometimes, my fault, but need to get out and move on for awhile. Will be back on podcast soon.

Sucks you gotta sell but sometimes life throws you curve balls and you gotta do what you must for now. Been there b4

#5828 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sorry man. You don't know me, but I wish you the best and back on your feet soon.

#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

been there. best of luck man. I just sold TAVLE and almost sold XMLE for personal reasons that had zero to do with pinball.

#5830 3 years ago

So.... anybody working on using the new PHABULOUS (PinHeck Addon Board / User Logic Optional Universal Slot) port for any addons?

#5831 3 years ago

I know I use Bonny flippers on any pin I can get away with it but what can I say,and also the post lights looks very nice and I also added some spots on the slings using the 4 smd ablaze bulbs like spooky uses and they do work ok on the 5v

image_(resized).jpeg

#5832 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:I know I use Bonny flippers on any pin I can get away with it but what can I say,and also the post lights looks very nice

Like the look of boney flippers on your RZ - hat's off on a good idea.

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I know I use Bonny flippers on any pin I can get away with it but what can I say,and also the post lights looks very nice

I had them on my AMH they do fit either but i'm stick with black flippers for RZ

#5834 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I know I use Bonny flippers on any pin I can get away with it but what can I say,and also the post lights looks very nice

Nice, I'll be doing the same, but mostly because I bought these flippers for TWD, installed them with milky clear bands that matched the rotting flesh, thought they looked awesome...then the crossbow jammed up against them and the glass had to come off :p Too tall for that machine, but they look like a good fit for RZ

#5835 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

As of V012, infected mode will be disabled all together till I get to the bottom of this.

I already had infected mode on the last 3 updates. I didn't erase my SD properly and my board got infected! #RAM0

#5836 3 years ago

While we await the resolution of infection modes / reverse flipper mode / blowing fuse, we have some time to throw out feedback on code. Some things I have been thinking lately -

Attract Sounds - all clips are good and they are triggered on a 15 sec cycle. If you are playing against someone who heads outside for 5 min, hearing this many callouts starts to sound like my wife’s nagging. Increase cycle to trigger every 60 second instead, please.

Demonoid - when playing this mode infected, begin with all lights turned on and extinguish as each switch is hit.

1000 Corpses – Finally beat the mode with 1,278 collected. I think the mode darkened when I passed 1k, but there was no fanfare. And I didn’t get to enter initials into a leaderboard because there wasn’t one. Add a corpse leaderboard and some a/v mode completion action.

Chopped - works just right, as it has been turned off during mb. No need to complicate with further changes.

Easier Leaderboard – currently this feels a little clunky. You have to peck through a list of letters to find three and then enter. If you had a good game you might go through this process as many as five times (five screens). Every time you are prompted to enter letters and there is no memory of what you just entered. Any way to fix this so it gets prepopulated from the first time? I know this sounds petty but it is sorely needed.

Shaker - haven’t tried this yet, anybody with a success story to share?

#5837 3 years ago

While we await the resolution of infection modes / reverse flipper mode / blowing fuse, we have some time to throw out feedback on code. Some things I have been thinking lately -
Attract Sounds - all clips are good and they are triggered on a 15 sec cycle. If you are playing against someone who heads outside for 5 min, hearing this many callouts starts to sound like my wife’s nagging. Increase cycle to trigger every 60 second instead, please.
Demonoid - when playing this mode infected, begin with all lights turned on and extinguish as each switch is hit.
1000 Corpses – Finally beat the mode with 1,278 collected. I think the mode darkened when I passed 1k, but there was no fanfare. And I didn’t get to enter initials into a leaderboard because there wasn’t one. Add a corpse leaderboard and some a/v mode completion action.
Chopped - works just right, as it has been turned off during mb. No need to complicate with further changes.
Easier Leaderboard – currently this feels a little clunky. You have to peck through a list of letters to find three and then enter. If you had a good game you might go through this process as many as five times (five screens). Every time you are prompted to enter letters and there is no memory of what you just entered. Any way to fix this so it gets prepopulated from the first time? I know this sounds petty but it is sorely needed.

What I noticed in the last decade is that other than Lyman, games aren't coded in a way to really reward players after mode accomplishments etc.

Lights and sounds magnified rewards players

#5838 3 years ago

Last I saw, there was no way to turn off the attract mode sounds at all. This is pretty standard adjustment going all the way back to early SS games. I would very much like to see this added, if it hasn't been added yet. I also do agree that a 15 second default is way too frequent too.

#5839 3 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Last I saw, there was no way to turn off the attract mode sounds at all.

It was added in version 10. It was ambient sounds before that, but on or off didn't make a difference on mine on version 9.

#5840 3 years ago

I'll increase the taunt time for waiting on player to shoot.

This mode is being rewritten to some extent, but I'll take this into consideration.

I was planning on a corpse leaderboard. The dang fuse issue is the highest priority.

easy enough to implement

Auto initials is in the works.

I've had reports of people installing and using this feature with success. Although, cracking up the bass has the same effect

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Last I saw, there was no way to turn off the attract mode sounds at all. This is pretty standard adjustment going all the way back to early SS games. I would very much like to see this added, if it hasn't been added yet. I also do agree that a 15 second default is way too frequent too.

I'll make the taunt adjustable.

#5842 3 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

It was added in version 10. It was ambient sounds before that, but on or off didn't make a difference on mine on version 9.

This is true, I did change ambient sounds to attract sounds. But I take it the launch taunt is considered part of the attract sounds. Either way I'll make some adjustments to make it less annoying.

#5843 3 years ago

Would there be anyway to hold one of the flipper buttons while the ball is in the shooter lane before you plunge the ball in multiplayer games to see scores?

#5844 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Would there be anyway to hold one of the flipper buttons while the ball is in the shooter lane before you plunge the ball in multiplayer games to see scores?

I'll look into reenabling this feature. Used to have it in. I can set it to where the scrolling info will show all players scores scroll across while holding the one flipper.

#5845 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll look into reenabling this feature. Used to have it in. I can set it to where the scrolling info will show all players scores scroll across while holding the one flipper.

Cool that would be awesome.
Sorry I just got the game with v11 installed so I didn't know it was there.
Tom.

#5846 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll make the taunt adjustable.

Thanks!

#5847 3 years ago

so I had one of my best games to night on RZ . 35,000,000 I got up on the leader board 3 times for one game it was cool the game is starting to grow on me, really like the way things are fleshing out with the code / wise .

One thing I thought during this add a ball fest American witch mode I had three balls going shooting jackpot after jackpot Double jackpot , then one ball got sent to upper playfield and I was bashing the clown for a while what if there was a triple jackpot you could get on the upper PF . Or something of this nature ..

Is there all really something like this in the game ?

please keep up the good work man I cant explain how this game makes me feel its a blast just a refreshing change of pace .

I have gotten the skill shot a couple times . a true skill shoot

#5848 3 years ago

I like the skill shot, but I would not call it a true skill shot. It is a true lucky ass shot. Even if a robot was plunging there is no way that shot will ever be consistent across two slingshots.

#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I like the skill shot, but I would not call it a true skill shot. It is a true lucky ass shot. Even if a robot was plunging there is no way that shot will ever be consistent across two slingshots.

the skill shot is hitting #1.

getting #2 is the "a little bit of luck" shot

getting #3 is the "go buy a lotto ticket" shot

#5850 3 years ago

#3 should be worth 5million

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Draper, UT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside