Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 211.
#5701 3 years ago

Installed version 9 beta on my RZ last night which is on location in Lafayette, IN. Played about two hours. Really like the change to 1000 corpses lock system. Was able to collect 1000 corpses for the first time since owning the game.

Upper Playfield flipper seemed stronger as well not sure if there was a code change or something but what mode was much more obtainable now.

As it states on the website I did have to adjust two switches due to the increased registration sensitivity in the new code. For me it was the lower left slingshot and the upper right rattle switch. They led to some insanely high scores for a few games.

Curious to see what others think of ver. 9 beta?

#5702 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is my worry. And an added factor why so many being flipped, apart from an easy profit is hard to turn down.
What I am not hearing from anyone really is comments like ' this is my favorite game ever' ( all NIB games get people saying this! ) , or 'this is easily top 3 or 5 in my collection' etc etc.
Now, I know games like TWD and Metallica only got good after big code updates.
This game has potential to be great but my gut tells me the code at the moment just isn't where I hope and want it to be.
Still plenty of time for it to come good but the next 12 months it's all about code, code and code.
Will continue to listen out to player's reviews and hope comments get more positive on the code

Great game, very unique and a blast to play. Code will be the #1 thing that makes this game a top 10 for me or just another cool gimmick that was a blast to play for awhile and then move onto the next new and shiny game. I think that about summarizes all new games for me as long as the theme is something I enjoy. Definitely need more modes or depth to the modes or mini wizard modes put in. I think there is a lot of room to add a lot of function and seems it is getting there with each update. Feedback and suggestions will go a long way I think as more and more people get their games.

#5703 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Curious to see what others think of ver. 9 beta?

Was there any mention of fixes to the fuses blowing? I am kind of skeptical to try anything beta at the moment, even though I know the fuse issue seemed to be related to the infected modes even in production version 8. Unfortunately I have had a few instances of losing a switch or a fuse which I didn't have handy and my game seems to be down more than it's been up over the last month. I just don't want to lose her again!!!

#5704 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Great game, very unique and a blast to play. Code will be the #1 thing that makes this game a top 10 for me or just another cool gimmick that was a blast to play for awhile and then move onto the next new and shiny game. I think that about summarizes all new games for me as long as the theme is something I enjoy. Definitely need more modes or depth to the modes or mini wizard modes put in. I think there is a lot of room to add a lot of function and seems it is getting there with each update. Feedback and suggestions will go a long way I think as more and more people get their games.

Agree in that great code will make this a keeper for many of the 300.

Is Hellbound coded in yet?

Great mini wizard mode and awesome final wizard mode will really help to add longevity to this game.

#5705 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

currently the callout and direction is pretty rudimentary in RZ. I agree that it needs more intuitive and direct player feedback.
I have been playing it a bit on the local on we have on route and I find myself constantly confused on what to shoot for and what was a success vs failure. I try and glimpse what the display says when starting a mode but then I find I have no idea how things are going as I play.

An interesting related discussion from Lyman's talk was in referring to questions around displays, player feedback, etc.. he talked about AC/DC. He said that game was done very quickly, they had about 4 months with it and really only one pass at the whitewood. So the game changed a bit from their initial ideas and some elements became more significant like the song jackpot. But because of the short timeframe, there was no additional pass at redesigning the playfield inserts and as a result the playfield doesn't necessarily reflect these important factors. He went on about how being able to directly communicate things to the player on the playfield itself was significant in helping guide players and give feedback (citing examples like having to find progress in the Info page in the DMD, etc). He mentioned if he could change anything about the game, he'd like to have another pass at the inserts on the playfield for this reason.

Sometimes we forget the old 'shoot for the blinking light!' guidance we had.. the more complicated rules get, the harder it becomes to effectively communicate needs, objectives, progress, etc to the player. JJP is trying to address this with the panels in their large LCD design.. it was just very interesting to hear Lyman speak on this topic of player communication and the significance of the playfield itself.

#5706 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Was there any mention of fixes to the fuses blowing? I am kind of skeptical to try anything beta at the moment, even though I know the fuse issue seemed to be related to the infected modes even in production version 8. Unfortunately I have had a few instances of losing a switch or a fuse which I didn't have handy and my game seems to be down more than it's been up over the last month. I just don't want to lose her again!!!

The read me for v.9 states changed flipper logic to isolate blown fuses, though the people using the beta will have to chime in.

#5707 3 years ago

Says it has been dealt with, I have had no flipper issues yet on version 9.

#5708 3 years ago

Just got offered a spot in line for this Awsome game. Apparently someone backed out and I was next in line to put deposit down...(lucky me) Soooo stoked paying deposit Wednesday morning!! Been a Rob Zombie fan for 25 years

#5709 3 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Just got offered a spot in line for this Awsome game. Apparently someone backed out and I was next in line to put deposit down...(lucky me) Soooo stoked paying deposit Wednesday morning!! Been a Rob Zombie fan for 25 years

That's awesome

#5710 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the mylar on RZ ? it it easy never done that on a pinball yet

#5711 3 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Welcome aboard the Spooky train.....enjoy the ride.

#5712 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This game has potential to be great but my gut tells me the code at the moment just isn't where I hope and want it to be.
Still plenty of time for it to come good but the next 12 months it's all about code, code and code.

isn't the software done - or let's call it 85%? Now they are left focusing on - trapping bugs and buffing the silver (I mean code). Lot's of meaningful and sometimes shapeshifting good happens in that last 15%. But don't expect it to be dramatically different from what it is now. You see the bones and skeleton. Buffing will add flesh and beauty (hopefully some more lighting eiffects). Biggest criticism is little attenetion to keeping player posted with status and hints of what to do. Now I have an idea for that.

Add a 3 x 5 inch flat screen lcd to apron. Use it to stream instructions and hints of what to do. Maybe drive it with a separate channel or something, but then rules related to current mode might play. This might be followed by a hint and then or reminder what mode you are in etc. It would be a monitor (similar to book in TH) to show you how to play better, no matter what your skill level.

I guess my original point was the software has got to be about done, so if you don't feel warm to it or get a tingling sensation when you are around one, it's probably not a pin you will like. Congrats, you probably just saved 15% on your insurance and were able to redposit RZSSI funds in your pin fund.

#5713 3 years ago

I forgot to ask or take a pic but there was additional mylar on the pf on the unit at ReplayFX in-front of the sling shots.. I assume this was added on later?

#5714 3 years ago

I dont see the link to the file. Is it somewhere else?

#5715 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I forgot to ask or take a pic but there was additional mylar on the pf on the unit at ReplayFX in-front of the sling shots.. I assume this was added on later?

Every game comes with Mylar, it's then your choice if you apply to PF. Spooky web site has Mylar sheet with locations to place each piece.

#5716 3 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Just got offered a spot in line for this Awsome game. Apparently someone backed out and I was next in line to put deposit down

Congrats! Nice to hear there's hope still for a couple on the wait list.

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

isn't the software done - or let's call it 85%? Now they are left focusing on - trapping bugs and buffing the silver (I mean code). Lot's of meaningful and sometimes shapeshifting good happens in that last 15%. But don't expect it to be dramatically different from what it is now. You see the bones and skeleton. Buffing will add flesh and beauty (hopefully some more lighting eiffects). Biggest criticism is little attenetion to keeping player posted with status and hints of what to do. Now I have an idea for that.
Add a 3 x 5 inch flat screen lcd to apron. Use it to stream instructions and hints of what to do. Maybe drive it with a separate channel or something, but then rules related to current mode might play. This might be followed by a hint and then or reminder what mode you are in etc. It would be a monitor (similar to book in TH) to show you how to play better, no matter what your skill level.
I guess my original point was the software has got to be about done, so if you don't feel warm to it or get a tingling sensation when you are around one, it's probably not a pin you will like. Congrats, you probably just saved 15% on your insurance and were able to redposit RZSSI funds in your pin fund.

Well, even if code is say, 80% done, the last 20% polish can make the difference between a game being rated as average or excellent.

Code seems fun as it is but not cohesive yet but that is where the polish will make the difference.

And an added mini-wizard mode is absolutely essential. That will give purpose to the game to light all the inserts i.e start all the modes.

Having all the inserts lit solid ( modes completed ) will hopefully lead to a cool wizard ( Hellbound mode ) and game completion.

So, really hoping for the above as game is getting close to being excellent.

#5718 3 years ago

Lost a left flipper fuse tonight out of nowhere. Replaced and no more issues. Finally collected 1000 corpses with the new locking system in version 9 on ball one which was nice feeling. Do recommend that once you have collected the 1000 corpses to no longer make that mode available to play. It was lucrative enough that in a competitive setting it would likely be the only thing worth playing for since you could just access it over and over.

#5719 3 years ago

Anyone know the latest shipping number?

#5720 3 years ago

The 80's I believe.

#5721 3 years ago

I can tell you that my #79 has not shipped yet (though spooky doesn't necessarily go in order, depending on factors such as playtesting outcome and payment, I'm sure), but I'm expecting to get the word soon. I'll post here when it does ship.

#5722 3 years ago

It official #269 in the house.

#5724 3 years ago

Sweet

#5725 3 years ago

WoW dude your kicking ass on the code

#5726 3 years ago

Woot at a Rob Zombie / Korn concert in Houston now!!!!

#5727 3 years ago

From Spooky's FB Page on this update...
"There will be a big ol' Rob Zombie code update coming later today with lots of fun features (like shaker code, dirty pool, etc) and MANY code bugs squashed! We're working hard to get this more polished & professional going forward. I'll post a link once available. Thanks for the patience all you cool customers & location players! smile emoticon"

#5728 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

"There will be a big ol' Rob Zombie code update coming later today with lots of fun features (like shaker code, dirty pool, etc) and MANY code bugs squashed! We're working hard to get this more polished & professional going forward. I'll post a link once available. Thanks for the patience all you cool customers & location players! smile emoticon"

Awesome! Nice to see the dirty pool finally getting implemented too!

#5729 3 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Awesome! Nice to see the dirty pool finally getting implemented too!

still need a callout for it, but you do get something for it at least

#5730 3 years ago

I picked my LE#4 from Gene (Genex here) on Pinside today. Thanks again Gene! We had our games shipped together to his location about 10 days ago.

Mine is still boxed. My wife & I are leaving tomorrow for Disneyland with granddaughter. My 28 y/o twin boys are here watching games with Harley my dog. I'll be unboxing RZ Monday or Tuesday.

Looking forward to it.

#5731 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Mine is still boxed. My wife & I are leaving tomorrow for Disneyland with granddaughter. My 28 y/o twin boys are here watching games with Harley my dog. I'll be unboxing RZ Monday or Tuesday.

That's not a bad few days! Disney then unboxing a new pin sounds like a great week! Hope you have a great vacation!

#5732 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

This is great news as this game has the potential to be one of the best

Spooky are doing a great job especially when you look at the problems competitors are having at the moment.

Keep it up!

Related to code I heard Roger Sharp quote that the best pinball games are Pavlovian and that is a real important feature since the 50's. Multiple rewards for players. Best 50's games were the 'multiple ways of winning' - very ingenious in that players were always 'close' to winning but of course the operators were always the winners as more coins were deposited.

#5733 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I picked my LE#4 from Gene (Genex here) on Pinside today. Thanks again Gene! We had our games shipped together to his location about 10 days ago.
Looking forward to it.

I have LE#4....Not sure what you got

#5734 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I have LE#4....Not sure what you got

My Bad... I went out to read the box; I got LE#5. My THSE was #4.

#5735 3 years ago

#79 is on the truck.

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

#79 is on the truck.

That's awesome ill be visiting soon

#5737 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

An interesting related discussion from Lyman's talk was in referring to questions around displays, player feedback, etc.. he talked about AC/DC. He said that game was done very quickly, they had about 4 months with it and really only one pass at the whitewood. So the game changed a bit from their initial ideas and some elements became more significant like the song jackpot. But because of the short timeframe, there was no additional pass at redesigning the playfield inserts and as a result the playfield doesn't necessarily reflect these important factors. He went on about how being able to directly communicate things to the player on the playfield itself was significant in helping guide players and give feedback (citing examples like having to find progress in the Info page in the DMD, etc). He mentioned if he could change anything about the game, he'd like to have another pass at the inserts on the playfield for this reason.
Sometimes we forget the old 'shoot for the blinking light!' guidance we had.. the more complicated rules get, the harder it becomes to effectively communicate needs, objectives, progress, etc to the player. JJP is trying to address this with the panels in their large LCD design.. it was just very interesting to hear Lyman speak on this topic of player communication and the significance of the playfield itself.

Where was this talk?
Is it online?

#5738 3 years ago

From Spooky's FB page today when someone asked about what number they were on...

"Spooky Pinball LLC - Hard to say.. ships when customer is ready for delivery, so some go sooner than others. 100 plus built. "

#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

From Spooky's FB page today when someone asked about what number they were on...
"Spooky Pinball LLC - Hard to say.. ships when customer is ready for delivery, so some go sooner than others. 100 plus built. "

nice come on 110

#5740 3 years ago

Just got the phone call from the shipper. RZ left spooky on Thursday evening and will be delivered to my residence in central PA on Monday afternoon. Not bad . . .

#5741 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Just got the phone call from the shipper. RZ left spooky on Thursday evening and will be delivered to my residence in central PA on Monday afternoon. Not bad . . .

Awesome

#5742 3 years ago

Posted this in another section on this forum and I thought I'd share it here.

Just got home from 12 hour road trip to pick up Rob Zombie Spookshow International #74. There was severe storms both there and back, white knuckle driving for sure! When I arrived, Charlie and crew were so hospitable, he took time out of his busy day to chat me up for bit and let me play some of the games on site. I was a bit zoned out from driving, but have to say I'm really impressed with how neat and tight everything seemed to be run. Also really impressed with Americas Most Haunted. This was the first time I've seen and played that game along with Zombie(sensory overload for sure). Call me old fashioned, but there's just something to be said about shaking the guys hand(and having him thank me) who was personally involved in the game I just bought. I feel good about my purchase and can't wait to get it set up this weekend. Good people over there!!

Really impressed with the quality level and detail, this pin really needs to be seen in person to fully appreciate it. This is one intense pin, it keeps calling back for one more game. It came with version 9 on it and I can't wait to get 10 uploaded. Btw, the sound systems rocks. The callouts in adult mode are great, its kind of nice to hear someone cussing at me for playing pinball besides my wife.

IMG_0049_(resized).JPG
IMG_0072_(resized).JPG
IMG_0085_(resized).JPG
IMG_0084_(resized).JPG
IMG_0083_(resized).JPG
IMG_0091_(1)_(resized).JPG
IMG_0090_(resized).JPG
IMG_0088_(1)_(resized).JPG
IMG_0083_(resized).JPG
IMG_0085_(resized).JPG
IMG_0066_(resized).JPG
IMG_0093_(1)_(resized).JPG
IMG_0086_(resized).JPG
IMG_0087_(resized).JPG
IMG_0066_(resized).JPG
IMG_0055_(resized).JPG
IMG_0051_(resized).JPG
IMG_0080_(resized).JPG
IMG_0079_(resized).JPG
IMG_0089_(resized).JPG

IMG_0098_(resized).JPG

IMG_0097_(resized).JPG

#5743 3 years ago

Back box hinge with spooky cut out. Very nice touch.

#5744 3 years ago

in case any new to spooky fans are looking to match up their RZ with a perfect AMH

Archived after 3 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (distributor/business) “Not that it matters, but I need a new (used) car. Priced for no hassle sale. SOLD for 8000. Willing to ship if buyer arranges. Game is one of the last 20 built in the production r...”
2016-08-06
Madison, WI

#5745 3 years ago

I was told i should have mine in September

#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I was told i should have mine in September

What # are you?

#5748 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Posted this in another section on this forum and I thought I'd share it here.
Just got home from 12 hour road trip to pick up Rob Zombie Spookshow International #74. There was severe storms both there and back, white knuckle driving for sure! When I arrived, Charlie and crew were so hospitable, he took time out of his busy day to chat me up for bit and let me play some of the games on site. I was a bit zoned out from driving, but have to say I'm really impressed with how neat and tight everything seemed to be run. Also really impressed with Americas Most Haunted. This was the first time I've seen and played that game along with Zombie(sensory overload for sure). Call me old fashioned, but there's just something to be said about shaking the guys hand(and having him thank me) who was personally involved in the game I just bought. I feel good about my purchase and can't wait to get it set up this weekend. Good people over there!!
Really impressed with the quality level and detail, this pin really needs to be seen in person to fully appreciate it. This is one intense pin, it keeps calling back for one more game. It came with version 9 on it and I can't wait to get 10 uploaded. Btw, the sound systems rocks. The callouts in adult mode are great, its kind of nice to hear someone cussing at me for playing pinball besides my wife.

Congratulations! That looks freaking awesome!

#5749 3 years ago

Almost halfway to mine. One day I'd love an amh to go with it

#5750 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Almost halfway to mine. One day I'd love an amh to go with it

Whysnow is a great seller. He has a NIB AMH for sale.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside