2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 223.
#5651 7 years ago

#64 in the house! All is good but I think one coil keep firing. Will try to adjust when I get home. The artwork is unreal and I keep seeing new things every time I look at it.

#5652 7 years ago

Just a suggestion and it might already be being addressed.. While entering initials we need some sound effects for switching and picking letters and some music would in the background would also be great.

#5653 7 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

#64 in the house! All is good but I think one coil keep firing. Will try to adjust when I get home. The artwork is unreal and I keep seeing new things every time I look at it.

Wait until you take parts off the P/F...little easter egg surprises underneath.

#5654 7 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

While entering initials... some music would in the background would be great.

That's only the most important sound in all of all solid state pinball (1986-present) -- the "put your initials up" music. Must. be. epic.
-mof

#5655 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

with RGB strips in the backbox and over the back of the playfield.

Which I plan to tie/piggyback to if at all possible. ^_^

#5656 7 years ago

Rob Zombie's in the house picked it up this weekend still haven't had time to set it up.

#5657 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Rob Zombie's in the house picked it up this weekend still haven't had time to set it up.

Yea, I picked mine up at their open house. But, I was just starting a bathroom remodel so that takes priority. On the tail end of that now so RZ should be getting setup in the next week...

Jaz

#5658 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

You sound a little under the weather. I don't know if you can make it into work tomorrow.

#5659 7 years ago

This machine is best played in full adult mode. I can definitely see the need for family mode though!

#5660 7 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

This machine is best played in full adult mode. I can definitely see the need for family mode though!

Yep....although the jiggly boobies is a distraction and leads to ball drains. Wow....I just re-read that, and well....NSFW?

#5661 7 years ago

We have 10 Rob Zombie toppers left. We won't do another run till Spooky has them all out.

http://shop.laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-toppers/products/rob-zombie-topper

IMG_2129_(resized).JPGIMG_2129_(resized).JPG

IMG_2136_(resized).JPGIMG_2136_(resized).JPG

IMG_2135_(resized).JPGIMG_2135_(resized).JPG

#5662 7 years ago

Dynamic trio.

IMG_20160727_190018549_(resized).jpgIMG_20160727_190018549_(resized).jpg

#5663 7 years ago

homage to Byran Fing Kelly

#5664 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

homage to Byran Fing Kelly

I saw that, asshole!!!!

#5665 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I saw that, asshole!!!!

I love you old man.

#5666 7 years ago

After a few days of ownership here is my review of this pin.

"It plays like an R rated movie that if I played better would be full X. I need to play better!"

But we are loving it and it has that one more play factor. Hard to get away from and music rocks!

#5667 7 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

"It plays like an R rated movie that if I played better would be full X. I need to play better!"

Best review ever.

#5668 7 years ago

Just got my request from KT this week for the remainder balance on #79, and just sent out the check. She says my game is in playtest now, so I believe it should be ready for shipping in another week or two if all goes well. BTW, the shipper is listed on the invoice as R&L Carriers and the cost for shipping to Pennsylvania is $260.77. For $5, Charlie also remembered to add a wiring harness for a bill acceptor (thank you, Charlie!) because I mentioned to him that this game will be routed. I'm not suggesting how these details on my game will apply to yours, but I just figured I'd share the numbers in case they're useful to other pinsiders.

#5669 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Just got my request from KT this week for the remainder balance on #79, and just sent out the check. She says my game is in playtest now, so I believe it should be ready for shipping in another week or two if all goes well. BTW, the shipper is listed on the invoice as R&L Carriers and the cost for shipping to Pennsylvania is $260.77. For $5, Charlie also remembered to add a wiring harness for a bill acceptor (thank you, Charlie!) because I mentioned to him that this game will be routed. I'm not suggesting how these details on my game will apply to yours, but I just figured I'd share the numbers in case they're useful to other pinsiders.

Awesome Joe

#5670 7 years ago

Got a chance to play an LE version and had a blast. Although I know only 3 songs or so and saw one movie , reconized quite a bit. Lot more than you would think is going on in this game. That upper flipper is tough to keep the ball in play.

#5671 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

She says my game is in playtest now, so I believe it should be ready for shipping in another week or two if all goes well.

If you're putting it on location, I'm hoping it's there when I drop my kid off on 8/18.

#5672 7 years ago

Never mind.

#5673 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I realize that it's just the nature of limited items but the number of people flipping this game in the marketplace is shameful. Many other interested folks would have loved to have had your spots, guys. Lame.

They can have the spots ...for about $8k.

#5674 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

They can have the spots ...for about $8k.

Hopefully Spooky will someday be able to do unlimited runs.

#5675 7 years ago

Lol, i sent email i was interested and months later put in $1000 deposit. ANYONE could of done that and any of those people can flip them if they find a buyer.

I plan to take delivery and put on location though..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5676 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I realize that it's just the nature of limited items but the number of people flipping this game in the marketplace is shameful. Many other interested folks would have loved to have had your spots, guys. Lame.

I definitely get your sentiments it does kind of suck. However, the initial buyers put their money where their mouth is and put in a deposit right when spots opened up. It takes a long time for these new pins to come home nowadays if the initial buyers that put their money at risk with the initial deposit now want to sell it for a profit then more power to them IMO.

#5677 7 years ago

Ben Heck mentioned in an interview somewhere that the future runs would or should not be so limited. I would'nt call 8 for sale threads shameful.

#5678 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Lol, i sent email i was interested and months later put in $1000 deposit. ANYONE could of done that and any of those people can flip them if they find a buyer.
I plan to take delivery and put on location though..

#5679 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I had typed up something like this for those for-sale ads many times and didn't post because nothing good would come of it. You summed it up nicely. I'll be getting my RZ next year sometime and seeing this many for sale creates an initial fear that I bought a piece of junk.

Either the game sucks real bad or WAY too many people bought for speculation.

I thought myself lucky to be on the original list at #295. After the reveal I got bumped up to mid 240s, as others dropped out. It would be a shame if 40-50 games were bought for pure speculation, but even that doesn't explain the LE's for sale so quickly. Seeing the number for sale today is ridiculous.

One of the new ads has a ratcheting-upward price structure as time goes on...$9.2k for a $6.5k game that hasn't finished production is a vulgar display of greed. People should refuse paying more than list price and starve out the speculators. But they won't.

This behavior is a microcosm of why everything we buy is becoming so expensive.

I'm probably in the minority nowadays that thinks you should not buy something unless you intend to use it.
And after you use it, it should sell for less than when it was new.

#5680 7 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Ben Heck mentioned in an interview somewhere that the future runs would or should not be so limited. I would'nt call 8 for sale threads shameful.

Ben Heck is not the person that makes the business decisions. Aside from AMH, his involvement is limited in Spooky.

Only Charlie knows what the future holds for his business.

#5681 7 years ago

Everyone knows who owns and runs Spooky pinball, but im sure Ben has a little more knowledge about the company then you or I.

#5682 7 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I had typed up something like this for those for-sale ads many times and didn't post because nothing good would come of it. You summed it up nicely. I'll be getting my RZ next year sometime and seeing this many for sale creates an initial fear that I bought a piece of junk.
Either the game sucks real bad or WAY too many people bought for speculation.
I thought myself lucky to be on the original list at #295. After the reveal I got bumped up to mid 240s, as others dropped out. It would be a shame if 40-50 games were bought for pure speculation, but even that doesn't explain the LE's for sale so quickly. Seeing the number for sale today is ridiculous.
One of the new ads has a ratcheting-upward price structure as time goes on...$9.2k for a $6.5k game that hasn't finished production is a vulgar display of greed. People should refuse paying more than list price and starve out the speculators. But they won't.
This behavior is a microcosm of why everything we buy is becoming so expensive.
I'm probably in the minority nowadays that thinks you should not buy something unless you intend to use it.

We all new this was going to happen after what happened with AMH I'm sure bunch of RZ were sold to make $$ and you really can't blame them either. I also think there well be bunch that go up for sale because some won't like it. I personally like how plays and like the throw back feel from the 80s

#5683 7 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Your desire to be moral is commendable but you should accept that there are others who feel it's more important to make a buck. Chances are if you attend concerts and sporting events you have bought tickets on a similar secondary market, as tickets are no longer made available to fans in quantities that they used to be because the system has been hijacked by profiteers. It's unfortunate but where there's a buck to be made, there is someone trying to do it.

#5684 7 years ago

Opening #39 tomorrow. Can't wait! thx Charlie et al!

#5685 7 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I often wonder why old Sterns aren't cheaper. A lot of them hover at NIB rates even though they are 10 years or older. It's somewhat understandable on the one hand because they are no longer for sale NIB but it's still a little weird they aren't a tad cheaper after so long.

Sorry this was off topic. Continue with the Rob Zombie love.

#5686 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I definitely get your sentiments it does kind of suck. However, the initial buyers put their money where their mouth is and put in a deposit right when spots opened up. It takes a long time for these new pins to come home nowadays if the initial buyers that put their money at risk with the initial deposit now want to sell it for a profit then more power to them IMO.

I would guess that at least 25% of the games were bought with the intent to flip. I thought about it but honestly didn't want to order it just for that purpose, would feel kind of weird. You'll be able to buy RZ a bunch in the coming year as a good portion of them will come up for sale immediately, and since almost all the buyers are pinsiders, you're going to see all of them here. In this particular case, there wasn't much risk, and it was pretty obvious that you'd be able to make $1k to $2k flipping a NIB game if you were willing to wait a year or two.

#5687 7 years ago

Its a shame that so many were bought for speculation. However I don't see them flying out at 8k plus people are asking. The same ones are still for sale. In my opinion Pinside is the wrong audience to be trying to scalp these games. Rob Zombie hardcore fans should be the target audience. They're the ones that were shut out of buying as most games were spoken for by pinsiders by the time word got out to the masses.

#5688 7 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

If you're putting it on location, I'm hoping it's there when I drop my kid off on 8/18.

It will be on location in downtown State College (Penn State). The exact day it goes out will be up to the host business owner, but I'll post here once it's out and I'll let you know.

#5690 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

It will be on location in downtown State College (Penn State). The exact day it goes out will be up to the host business owner, but I'll post here once it's out and I'll let you know.

That's what I was hoping! Thanks!

#5691 7 years ago

Played a ton again in Joes booth at replay. Thanks again Joe for continuing to make spooky accessible for us in this region.

I struggle to find a desire to play the game. I had not kept up on recent changes on the game so I was going in "clean"

I found the chop ball save consuming as it was hard for the player to connect the events together on why they were getting a ball save.

The minipf.... A snore. Give me something to mix it up or prompt me more to get some "return" for success.

The kind of blurry style for the display doesn't resonate with me... And readability was challenging at times. We liked the bloody scores tho.

Modes in general and the progression... I didn't feel success for doing things. The most fun we had was with the video mode but there I was still trying to work out which targets scored better or if I needed to avoid anything

Maybe it's the audio? But I had trouble knowing if my modes were done, close, etc. maybe progress indicators on the mode select screen could help too

Unfortunately it's like hobbit for me right now... Pretty but uncompelling to play when I have other options at hand. I found myself queuing up for got or gb without guilt.... Or seeking out papa games that are fun in their specific challenges. I've yet to find that mode or objective or payout in RZ or hobbit that keeps me coming back to try again

That compelling objective that taunts you and has the big return is what I really want to discover in this game. That's the subconscious thing that keeps you trying and again

#5692 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Played a ton again in Joes booth at replay. Thanks again Joe for continuing to make spooky accessible for us in this region.
I struggle to find a desire to play the game. I had not kept up on recent changes on the game so I was going in "clean"
I found the chop ball save consuming as it was hard for the player to connect the events together on why they were getting a ball save.
The minipf.... A snore. Give me something to mix it up or prompt me more to get some "return" for success.
The kind of blurry style for the display doesn't resonate with me... And readability was challenging at times. We liked the bloody scores tho.
Modes in general and the progression... I didn't feel success for doing things. The most fun we had was with the video mode but there I was still trying to work out which targets scored better or if I needed to avoid anything
Maybe it's the audio? But I had trouble knowing if my modes were done, close, etc. maybe progress indicators on the mode select screen could help too
Unfortunately it's like hobbit for me right now... Pretty but uncompelling to play when I have other options at hand. I found myself queuing up for got or gb without guilt.... Or seeking out papa games that are fun in their specific challenges. I've yet to find that mode or objective or payout in RZ or hobbit that keeps me coming back to try again
That compelling objective that taunts you and has the big return is what I really want to discover in this game. That's the subconscious thing that keeps you trying and again

How dare you say that about the highly coveted and rare rz pin.

#5693 7 years ago

Anyone else running version 9 yet?

#5694 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sounds like you are looking for a storyline in the rules. Most games lack one but it's a good suggestion.

#5695 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone else running version 9 yet?

We are running v9.

no issues

#5696 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Sounds like you are looking for a storyline in the rules. Most games lack one but it's a good suggestion.

Not really... more about objectives+payouts. The classic arcade formula is to lead the player to a goal, reward them some for incremental progress, but keep them desiring the larger goal.. so when they miss it, they immediately want to try again. They can't help themselves but to keep trying over and over because they have been lured to want the objective.

Example... getting that multipler plus big song jackpot on AC/DC. Getting that multiball on blackhole.. getting that vacation jackpot on WhiteWater.. getting a jackpot on Whirlwind, etc

Many of the solid state games have these difficult, but rewarding objectives to do, and trying to complete them is what keeps drawing me back in casual play. They are rewarding when you finally do it and you feel 'that was a great game'

I wasn't feeling that with RZ. I would play modes, I would make progress, I would get the add-a-ball thing going.. I'd have what.. 30million points or so.. and I'd just hand the game off to someone else to keep playing. The chop ball save is way too generous.. games would just on and on...

#5697 7 years ago

currently the callout and direction is pretty rudimentary in RZ. I agree that it needs more intuitive and direct player feedback.

I have been playing it a bit on the local on we have on route and I find myself constantly confused on what to shoot for and what was a success vs failure. I try and glimpse what the display says when starting a mode but then I find I have no idea how things are going as I play.

#5699 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not really... more about objectives+payouts. The classic arcade formula is to lead the player to a goal, reward them some for incremental progress, but keep them desiring the larger goal.. so when they miss it, they immediately want to try again. They can't help themselves but to keep trying over and over because they have been lured to want the objective.
Example... getting that multipler plus big song jackpot on AC/DC. Getting that multiball on blackhole.. getting that vacation jackpot on WhiteWater.. getting a jackpot on Whirlwind, etc
Many of the solid state games have these difficult, but rewarding objectives to do, and trying to complete them is what keeps drawing me back in casual play. They are rewarding when you finally do it and you feel 'that was a great game'
I wasn't feeling that with RZ. I would play modes, I would make progress, I would get the add-a-ball thing going.. I'd have what.. 30million points or so.. and I'd just hand the game off to someone else to keep playing. The chop ball save is way too generous.. games would just on and on...

This is my worry. And an added factor why so many being flipped, apart from an easy profit is hard to turn down.

What I am not hearing from anyone really is comments like ' this is my favorite game ever' ( all NIB games get people saying this! ) , or 'this is easily top 3 or 5 in my collection' etc etc.

Now, I know games like TWD and Metallica only got good after big code updates.

This game has potential to be great but my gut tells me the code at the moment just isn't where I hope and want it to be.

Still plenty of time for it to come good but the next 12 months it's all about code, code and code.

Will continue to listen out to player's reviews and hope comments get more positive on the code.

#5700 7 years ago

The custom Spooky pingulps I painted are now available at pinballlife
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4373

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.