IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 223.
#5501 7 years ago

Loaded and headed to Main Street Amusements! Will be available for play tonight 7-11, and most likely being streamed live from location!

#5502 7 years ago

I've never played the game in person but I have watched Dead_Flip's live stream of it, and I was pretty much hooked right then and there.

I think my favorite part of the whole game is how creative the programming is here. The whole "Infected" mode idea, the skill shot, and other features and mechanics are truly unique and make the game stand out. Makes me want to play it or potentially own it someday, but I have no idea when.

Just throwing out some ideas off the top of my head (sorry for being long):

*"Dirty Pool" award: I've seen balls make it past the drop target when it's still up during the streams. Perhaps you can get some kind of animation (maybe a literal/Rob Zombie take on the phrase "Dirty Pool", which I can only imagine how disgusting it could be...), speech/sound and some points. This could also give a free hit to the drop target or instantly light lock, whatever seems more balanced or enjoyable for players.
--
*Sub wizard mode: I liked the ideas that some people had for this, mirroring Sea of Simulation from Tron. Perhaps the premise could be that, with each mode completed, you progress deeper and deeper beneath Earth's crust on your journey to Hell. If you reach a mode that was incomplete, you'd have to complete some sort of task in order to continue through the ladder of modes. For instance, with Dead City Radio you'll be forced to hit the "1, 2, 3" targets to advance. Don't know what this sub wizard mode could be called, though. "Great American Nightmare"?

Perhaps also if you reach the mode, any incomplete modes will go off and you'd have to collect them again, while completed ones stay on, again like Sea of Simulation? Or there's a special bonus if you manage to complete everything in one go to reach Hell Bound?
--
*Shot Multipliers: Doubles one shot on the playfield that has an arrow insert in front of it for the rest of the ball. Perhaps this could be lit up by bashing Spauling, completing the top lanes on his upper playfield or some other task?

Additionally, if you collect all the shot multipliers on the same ball, a flashing arrow worth triple scoring could rove across the playfield (like Transformers).
--
Keep up the great work as always! Congrats on doing such a fantastic job with this game already! Looking forward to playing this game sometime in the future!

#5503 7 years ago

I forget...was the secret handshake mode ever implemented for changing between Adult/Family mode. I have to change it quite often, and it would be nice to do without going into the service menu. Also, has anyone else noticed that the Video Adult portion is semi-broken. If you change it to Sound/Video off, and then back to Sound/Video on, only the sound reverts back to Adult mode. The only way I can get it to go back to Adult Video is to specifically select Sound No, Video Yes. Then Sound Yes, Video Yes.

#5504 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I forget...was the secret handshake mode ever implemented for changing between Adult/Family mode. I have to change it quite often, and it would be nice to do without going into the service menu. Also, has anyone else noticed that the Video Adult portion is semi-broken. If you change it to Sound/Video off, and then back to Sound/Video on, only the sound reverts back to Adult mode. The only way I can get it to go back to Adult Video is to specifically select Sound No, Video Yes. Then Sound Yes, Video Yes.

I'll be looking at the adult mode stuff., not sure how or why that changed. And flipper code was removed as it was buggy as hell. I'll rework that solution.

#5505 7 years ago

Maybe implement a power on sequence instead.....Probably don't want a random flipper sequence enabling adult mode, as for those on location or permanently on, there always a chance someone gets lucky. What if you powered game on with the left flipper button held in until after boot....then you get a confirmation prompt to hit credit button to change to adult mode. And of course a menu item that enables/disables this feature for those that never want it to turn on.

#5506 7 years ago

If we're talking about a sub wizard mode or mini wIzard mode (whatever you call it) imo it should be based on something different from the modes. A player is already trying to progress through the modes so having a mini wizard mode tied to the same actions that lead to the main wizard mode is bland. Having a mini wizard mode contingent on some other, different aspect of the game requires the player to make a choice on how they want to play the game, i.e. it varies the game play more.

So, for example, have a mini wizard mode for collecting so many of the murderer cards, spelling CHOP a bazillion times, completing so many levels of the dragula video mode (yes, I know there are no "levels" currently), completing so many sets of the mini playfield rollovers, etc. Just my two cents, of course, but one of the major flaws with Monster Bash, which is otherwise a really cool game but it's wizard and mini wizard modes seem similar to what a being suggested for RZ, is that the differentiation from its wizard and mini wizard modes is not much at all other than a bit more points. That's uninspired to me.

For a better example, compare MB to WOZ (not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but the code is excellent). There you have basically mini wizard modes for completing haunted forest, melting the witch, finishing the munchkin modes, completing the crystal ball multi balls, etc. instead of having mini wizard modes for each of those things, they could easily just have had one wizard mode for completing all of them and one mini for just having played one of each.

#5508 7 years ago

Is it safe to install the rev8 code now?

#5509 7 years ago

I'm going to say no. Unless you want to beta test, whatever version is current on the Spooking Pinball page is the current stable version. Version 7 right now still.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

#5510 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I installed version 8, that is what the stream is. Only noticed a few small bugs.

#5511 7 years ago

Cool, I wasn't sure if it was 'final' beta for rev8 yet.

#5512 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have no idea but had no major issues. I'm sure waiting won't hurt haha.

#5513 7 years ago

Looking forward to #90, hoping it's going to be an RZ summer

#5514 7 years ago

Another idea-- what if they had a thing for home owners where you could hold both flipper buttons and get the "radio" to listen to music tracks, like ACDC?

#5515 7 years ago

There is such a feature although I don't know how to start it. Mr Fazwa can tell us.

#5516 7 years ago

The Spooky Pinball open house was the first ever pinball type of function I have ever attended. The 10 hours of driving yesterday was well worth the couple hours of wonderful hospitality, free food, drinks and games. To be able to see the people and facility that will be making #244 sometime next year was pretty cool. Our WI neighbors are some good people. Thanks Charlie, Kayte, and everyone else that put it all together. It was greatly appreciated.

#5517 7 years ago

Only 4 left if anybody is interested pm me

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5518 7 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

The Spooky Pinball open house was the first ever pinball type of function I have ever attended. The 10 hours of driving yesterday was well worth the couple hours of wonderful hospitality, free food, drinks and games. To be able to see the people and facility that will be making #244 sometime next year was pretty cool. Our WI neighbors are some good people. Thanks Charlie, Kayte, and everyone else that put it all together. It was greatly appreciated.

wish I was closer to Wisconsin.

sorry if I missed it, are we into the 60's yet?

#5519 7 years ago

Picked up #57 yesterday at the Spooky open house! Had a great time chatting with Charlie, KT and a bunch of others! Such a cool bunch, and quite a party! Hey....they had pinball! And beer. They had beer.

Unfortunately, I needed to leave early. But it was for good cause! Managed to get RZ setup out at Alt Brew in Madison, WI where it will be available to play for a bit! Included in the 8 game lineup is also an AMH, so Spooky is well represented.

Looking forward to getting some game time in on this one soon!

RZ3_(resized).JPGRZ3_(resized).JPG

#5520 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Another idea-- what if they had a thing for home owners where you could hold both flipper buttons and get the "radio" to listen to music tracks, like ACDC?

Already in, holding the flipper for 5 seconds starts it, keep holding it to skip through. After letting go and holding again stops it

#5521 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

V8 is being shipped. I'm moving it over to spooky

#5522 7 years ago

Had left flipper fuse blow. Anyone else had same issue?

#5523 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've had that right-most 3 amp solenoid fuse blow a few times.

#5524 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have thread open about it see link. I think there still trying figure out the issue. Some amh's also have had this issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-blowing-3amp-fuse

#5525 7 years ago

It seems my upper flipper was sticking. I had upper Playfield off last night to fix a shorted switch and apparently didn't put flipper back perfectly. All is good and fixed now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5526 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It seems my upper flipper was sticking. I had upper Playfield off last night to fix a shorted switch and apparently didn't put flipper back perfectly. All is good and fixed now.

Awesome mine seemed to stop with eos adjustment on the amh

#5527 7 years ago

I called Kayte today about getting a LE trans and asked what # they are on. She said they are closing in on the late #70's this week. I think it pretty cool that they are right on track with 17 games a month.

#5528 7 years ago

Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

#5529 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I called Kayte today about getting a LE trans and asked what # they are on. She said they are closing in on the late #70's this week. I think it pretty cool that they are right on track with 17 games a month.

That rate would mean #150 in early November, which would be great.

#5530 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Yeah there really cranking them out pretty fast I'm guessing mine in September guess i need get the $$ fast....

#5531 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

She said they are closing in on the late #70's this week.

I had been wondering how far along they were. It has been a while since I've seen any info on shipped games.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That rate would mean #150 in early November, which would be great.

My estimate actually shows it a little earlier than than, on 10/15, and that's before I figure in hAbO's report. Based on what Kayte said, I guessed #76 on 7/15, and that bumps #150 to 10/2.

Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I'm guessing mine in September guess i need get the $$ fast....

Yeah, by my estimate, 9/2 or as early as 8/24.

#5532 7 years ago

Fingers crossed for mine by Halloween! =)

#5533 7 years ago

I'm 150. Funds are set aside, I'm good with October/November. Figured November, so any earlier is a bonus.

#5534 7 years ago

I probably played about 50 games of RZ in Benton over the weekend. I freakin' love this pin. It helped a lot that David (the Australian Dots dude from Houston) was standing next to me explaining modes in the beginning. I put up over 90 million on one game.
The modes are fun and challenging. The call outs are great (only 1 pin was set to Adult mode during party). Ben's video mode is killer...literally! I usually got living dead girl going right away with the add-a-ball. I got to house of 1000 corpses a few times, and ended up with close to 600 switch hits. The drop target is harder to hit then I thought, and a lot of times I would shoot the orbit without even dropping the target! I usually picked the Dragula or Superbeast modes, because I could repeat the main ramp shot pretty consistently.
This game is lightning fast, but with the c-h-o-p feature for ball save made it forgiving. I'm sure most people won't agree, but I actually think my AMH is a much harder game with shorter ball times.
I really like both backglasses, and thought I preferred the LE for the orange glow. However, when I saw the original lit up I was stunned how 3/D it looks. Especially in a line up of other games....very impressive.

#5535 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I'm 150. Funds are set aside, I'm good with October/November. Figured November, so any earlier is a bonus.

So you got my spot! Congrats! We will probably be moving into our new house in Oct/Nov. I'm jealous of you but glad that I requested a later number. Buying a new game will be much more popular next summer, lol.

#5536 7 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

This game is lightning fast, but with the c-h-o-p feature for ball save made it forgiving.

thx for feedback Hooch,

Fawzma- any word on our CHOP talks from SFGE on this? I know you got a ton to do, just wondering.

I suggested to him to make your 2nd, 3rd etc CHOP ball save harder to achieve so you can't "abuse" it.
first time spelling it should get you a 3-5 second ball save, then the second time you try to get a CHOP ball save, you should have to spell it twice and have even less seconds 2-4 of save time, then the third time you should have to spell it three times and get 1-3 seconds of save time, etc.
Decent+ players like myself will learn to "abuse" CHOP quite a bit otherwise.

#5537 7 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I probably played about 50 games of RZ in Benton over the weekend. I freakin' love this pin. It helped a lot that David (the Australian Dots dude from Houston) was standing next to me explaining modes in the beginning. I put up over 90 million on one game.
The modes are fun and challenging. The call outs are great (only 1 pin was set to Adult mode during party). Ben's video mode is killer...literally! I usually got living dead girl going right away with the add-a-ball. I got to house of 1000 corpses a few times, and ended up with close to 600 switch hits. The drop target is harder to hit then I thought, and a lot of times I would shoot the orbit without even dropping the target! I usually picked the Dragula or Superbeast modes, because I could repeat the main ramp shot pretty consistently.
This game is lightning fast, but with the c-h-o-p feature for ball save made it forgiving. I'm sure most people won't agree, but I actually think my AMH is a much harder game with shorter ball times.
I really like both backglasses, and thought I preferred the LE for the orange glow. However, when I saw the original lit up I was stunned how 3/D it looks. Especially in a line up of other games....very impressive.

Nice feedback.

I guess at this stage the only question to Fawzma that it would be nice to have answer to is, 'will there be anything, at some point in time, for at least starting all modes'?

Doesn't matter when or what, just be nice to know if that will be coded one day?

Thanks

#5538 7 years ago

I would like more cues on what to actually do on the game. I know for the most part, but watching people play it on route, there are not enough cues to tell you what to do.

Maybe it is not intended for route play and that is fine if the desire, but initial feedback after a few days on route is cues are unclear what to shoot for.

Fawzma > is there a general idea of how you think for "cues" on what are options to shot for?
Do you have generalized rule cards yet?

I would like to print something up to help new players understand what to go for.

#5539 7 years ago

Happy 77th Birthday to #SidHaig! (July 14, 1939)
Bone Tomahawk (2015), Rob Zombie's #Halloween (2007), #LordsofSalem (2012), and Devil in My Ride (2013), House of a 1000 Corpses (2003), The Devils Rejects (2005)
CnUOjl8XgAAgsgD_(resized).jpgCnUOjl8XgAAgsgD_(resized).jpg

#5540 7 years ago

Happy birthday, and a tutti fuckin' fruity to Sid!

I'm also very happy to hear that Spooky is about 25% of the way through production on RZ.

Parker, or David, or anybody else - Any mods currently in the works or planned to use the new expansion port on the new Pinheck board?

#5541 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

thx for feedback Hooch,
Fawzma- any word on our CHOP talks from SFGE on this? I know you got a ton to do, just wondering.
I suggested to him to make your 2nd, 3rd etc CHOP ball save harder to achieve so you can't "abuse" it.
first time spelling it should get you a 3-5 second ball save, then the second time you try to get a CHOP ball save, you should have to spell it twice and have even less seconds 2-4 of save time, then the third time you should have to spell it three times and get 1-3 seconds of save time, etc.
Decent+ players like myself will learn to "abuse" CHOP quite a bit otherwise.

I'm not in favor of this. I like CHOP the way it is, just my opinion. There's a certain strategy to stage your inlane/outlanes to have a ball save at the ready. The only tweaks I could see is do something different with it during multi-ball. With CHOP enabled during multiball, there's almost always a ball going down the inlane/outlanes and it's pretty easy to have a constant ball save.

#5542 7 years ago

I am hoping that the positioning and geometry of the sling shots and inlanes/outlanes will be changed slightly for Spooky's next game so that a fix like CHOP isn't needed to progress through the game.

#5543 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I am hoping that the positioning and geometry of the sling shots and inlanes/outlanes will be changed slightly for Spooky's next game so that a fix like CHOP isn't needed to progress through the game.

I disagree that CHOP is a "fix" and I don't have any complaints about the sling or lane geometry.

#5544 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm not in favor of this. I like CHOP the way it is, just my opinion. There's a certain strategy to stage your inlane/outlanes to have a ball save at the ready. The only tweaks I could see is do something different with it during multi-ball. With CHOP enabled during multiball, there's almost always a ball going down the inlane/outlanes and it's pretty easy to have a constant ball save.

I feel the way I do because a good player is nearly always going to have 3 letters lit, and save the fourth for a ball going down the outlane. Essentially nullifying the danger of the outlane.

#5545 7 years ago

How many plays do you have on this game? It would take a top tier player to be able to manipulate the CHOP saves at will like you are describing.

Quoted from ATLpb:

I feel the way I do because a good player is nearly always going to have 3 letters lit, and save the fourth for a ball going down the outlane. Essentially nullifying the danger of the outlane.

#5546 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:I suggested to him to make your 2nd, 3rd etc CHOP ball save harder to achieve so you can't "abuse" it.

I think what I'm going to do instead will be after the 3rd or so, when you hit the lane, if the light is on, it will go out, if off, it goes on. This will force you to think a bit more about how you work the system. Another trick would be to have left and right flippers only control those sides.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

for at least starting all modes'?

I can come up with something.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Fawzma > is there a general idea of how you think for "cues" on what are options to shot for?
Do you have generalized rule cards yet?

I have learned a ton between RZ and Dominos. I am planning on making it much more obvious as to what you need to do. I think Charlie has some cards that can be printed, but don't quote me on that.

As for the save, I've watched as people play, and CHOP is working as intended. Players have learned to load up the save in order to take a dangerous shot. As for changing geometry, it's not needed. I learned long ago when I started that a ball save was needed in RZ due to the open pops and sling action. Way to many times you get SDTM or in an outlane. I figured this was a nice alternative. If someone doesn't like it, change the save time to 2,1, or disabled and you no longer have to worry about ballsaves Dominos has the same geometry, and ball times are quite long since you don't have pops in the middle the playfield and an extra pair of slings.

#5547 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think Charlie has some cards that can be printed, but don't quote me on that.

thx

#5548 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I am planning on making it much more obvious as to what you need to do.

awesome

#5549 7 years ago

I noticed that after the final ball drains, they player is allowed to immediately cycle the DMD screens through/ over the match sequence.

Maybe program in a delay before the player can cycle screens? It is odd to have frames overlapping.

#5550 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think what I'm going to do instead will be after the 3rd or so, when you hit the lane, if the light is on, it will go out, if off, it goes on. This will force you to think a bit more about how you work the system

Fantastic idea! But, instead of after the third time, just have this happen during multiball. That way it will be much harder to get ball saves with all the flipping going on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.