Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 211.
#5451 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Okay, I was bored and put up a market ad. Please don't kill me
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36510

Lady Kaneda would be proud.

rd

#5452 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Really surprised by this, I think it's one of the most fun, original machines I've ever played.

I've gotta say it's a very solid shooting game. I love the playfield and the shots are incredibly satisfying to hit.

I'll write up a full review eventually to explain my thoughts and why I'm kind of meh about it overall.

#5453 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Really surprised by this, I think it's one of the most fun, original machines I've ever played.

All just opinion tho.... i actually didn't care for amh or rz but if i had to choose it be amh bc the gameplay and rules are better imo. Love the rz theme/ band / movies tho but the gameplay just isn't for me and many others i know agree. I highly doubt anyone will pay 13 k for one as there are many better games sitting at 8-9 k not selling .I really hope people dont start selling them with these crazy price tags ... its a real shame the hobby has turned this way ... i for one wld just sell it for around what i had in it but people can do as they choose .

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I've gotta say it's a very solid shooting game. I love the playfield and the shots are incredibly satisfying to hit.
I'll write up a full review eventually to explain my thoughts and why I'm kind of meh about it overall.

I think it's too early let it go as the code well get much better

Quoted from bigd1979:

All just opinion tho.... i actually didn't care for amh or rz but if i had to choose it be amh bc the gameplay and rules are better imo. Love the rz theme/ band / movies tho but the gameplay just isn't for me and many others i know agree. I highly doubt anyone will pay 13 k for one as there are many better games sitting at 8-9 k not selling .I really hope people dont start selling them with these crazy price tags ... its a real shame the hobby has turned this way ... i for one wld just sell it for around what i had in it but people can do as they choose .

I agree on the crazy prices but some are paying it too. I'm the other way i like RZ better than AMH But again i'm a horror fan and rob zombie fan.

#5455 3 years ago

Nobody should sell or review this game until they release 8.0 fixing the wonky switch detection. There is some code to reject switch hits due to vibration etc, but it's tuned extremely conservatively. I've been playing the beta with the switch detection logic turned way down or not in there at all and it's an entirely new game.

The whole shtick of the game is exciting and crazy sling and pop action. This doesn't work when every third or forth hit to a pop or sling is a dead bounce.

If everything goes well, 8.0 will make this game come alive.

Also, this game isn't worth $13,000. It's not worth $11,000. Would someone pay $9,000? I doubt it.

#5456 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, this game isn't worth $13,000. It's not worth $11,000. Would someone pay $9,000? I doubt it.

So what, you are thinking $15K?

Rob Zombie rocks and Jalpert is spot on with comments on 8.0 code and the switch detection Game plays on a new level and ball is whizzing around playfield now. Way more fun!!

#5457 3 years ago

Version 8 is going on all the games on the line starting today. We did find a bug related to the gate which was fixed, as I knew why it did what it did.
I'll start moving official download stuff over to spooky side, and start working on version 9. Version 9 will be mostly content and game play tweaks.

as Jalpert said there was a change in the way pops and slings react. The reaction will be quicker now, but not full bore. This is to limit too many false switch hits on unadjusted switches. When you are ready, you can go into the MAIN SETTINGS and and change POP-SLING SPD to fast, then readjust your switches.

#5458 3 years ago

already seen the 13k RZ in other topics

#5460 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I've got a business to run, and want to get people in playing these machines. Selling this game and putting the money into say, marketing, will help bring in more players than having the game just sitting around not getting played much.

Two weeks? Need more sample time. The code isn't even complete yet. Have you checked audits, is the game too hard? Lots of reasons it might not be earning...

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Exactly. I'd love to sell this game to cheap for someone out of principle, but I just can't do that. To go back to the BBB example, if someone bought one for $4,500 and then resold it for $5,000, they would probably feel a little snake bit when the person who bought it off them for $5,000 goes and sells it for $20,000.
I've got a business to run, and want to get people in playing these machines. Selling this game and putting the money into say, marketing, will help bring in more players than having the game just sitting around not getting played much.

Stop making excuses and just call it what it is. It's a game you never wanted but hoped to be able to flip for a huge profit so you bought it anyway. Nothing wrong with that. The market will show you that you are way out of line on the price, I guess it doesn't hurt to fish for a sucker though.

#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Exactly. I'd love to sell this game to cheap for someone out of principle, but I just can't do that. To go back to the BBB example, if someone bought one for $4,500 and then resold it for $5,000, they would probably feel a little snake bit when the person who bought it off them for $5,000 goes and sells it for $20,000.

#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

This seems pretty bogus and goes against what Charlie asked customers to do when getting into the queue - if you decide you don't want the game, tell Spooky and get the $1k deposit back, and they will go to #301 in the queue. 2 weeks of earnings - that's your sample size? I think this way more about opportunistic profit for you than the pinball community where your profit will go to "marketing ... to bring in more players"?

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

This seems pretty bogus and goes against what Charlie asked customers to do when getting into the queue - if you decide you don't want the game, tell Spooky and get the $1k deposit back, and they will go to #301 in the queue. 2 weeks of earnings - that's your sample size? I think this way more about opportunistic profit for you than the pinball community where your profit will go to "marketing ... to bring in more players"?

He's peeing in the microscopic (pinball community) pool he swims in.

#5465 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Stop making excuses and just call it what it is. It's a game you never wanted but hoped to be able to flip for a huge profit so you bought it anyway. Nothing wrong with that. The market will show you that you are way out of line on the price, I guess it doesn't hurt to fish for a sucker though.

100% false. Ask anyone in my local pinball community. I've been hyping up this game for ages. I watched the Dead Flip broadcast many times, I was every bit hyped for this game.

If my overwhelmingly positive reputation is not enough to speak on this then I guess you guys just won't believe anything.

Quoted from metallik:Two weeks? Need more sample time. The code isn't even complete yet. Have you checked audits, is the game too hard? Lots of reasons it might not be earning...

I'm in here every second it's open, so I can see how everyone reacts to the games. Casual players just look at it and don't care, never even dropping money in unless they know the theme. Very few people from the pinball community have come out to even give it a shot. The local Ghostbusters launch party had a turnout of 50 or so people, the Rob Zombie launch party had a turnout of 7.

Quoted from dgarrett:

I did want the game, so I was absolutely going to wait it through and buy it. I had every intention of keeping this game forever just like my AMH. Of course, this was just going off of what I could see in pictures and videos, and now that I've played it, eh, I don't really like it.

Yeah, marketing is important. Most people in my city don't even know this business is here, let alone surrounding cities. People come in and are like, "Woah I had no idea this was here, when did you guys open?". Stuff like that. If I had the money to run some ads and get the word out I'd probably see much higher traffic.

#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

100% false. Ask anyone in my local pinball community. I've been hyping up this game for ages. I watched the Dead Flip broadcast many times, I was every bit hyped for this game.
If my overwhelmingly positive reputation is not enough to speak on this then I guess you guys just won't believe anything.

I'm in here every second it's open, so I can see how everyone reacts to the games. Casual players just look at it and don't care, never even dropping money in unless they know the theme. Very few people from the pinball community have come out to even give it a shot. The local Ghostbusters launch party had a turnout of 50 or so people, the Rob Zombie launch party had a turnout of 7.

I did want the game, so I was absolutely going to wait it through and buy it. I had every intention of keeping this game forever just like my AMH. Of course, this was just going off of what I could see in pictures and videos, and now that I've played it, eh, I don't really like it.
Yeah, marketing is important. Most people in my city don't even know this business is here, let alone surrounding cities. People come in and are like, "Woah I had no idea this was here, when did you guys open?". Stuff like that. If I had the money to run some ads and get the word out I'd probably see much higher traffic.

It's your game, you can do whatever you want with it. Don't expect a lot of positive feedback when you are trying to stick it to some idiot though. There's a reason you didn't make a forum topic and are apologizing in the add, even you are ashamed of your price

Good luck with your business and I hope you do get top dollar for the game if it's going to help grow location pinball.

#5467 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's your game, you can do whatever you want with it. Don't expect a lot of positive feedback when you are trying to stick it to some idiot though. There's a reason you didn't make a forum topic and are apologizing in the add, even you are ashamed of your price
Good luck with your business and I hope you do get top dollar for the game if it's going to help grow location pinball.

Not trying to stick it to anyone, just anticipating what these will be sold for in the future. I'm going off the evidence of games such as BBB and Tron LE to judge the price. If someone wants to offer less they're more than free to. There's no pricing data available for this game, so I had to base it off something similar, and games of that rarity and desirability were the most similar ones I could find.

It's just a pinball machine, if you don't like it then look away. I see ads for games I think are overpriced every single day, and I just let them be and move on.

#5468 3 years ago

Waddle, why don't you allow posting in your ad and take it out of this thread..

#5469 3 years ago

Give waddle a break. he's bought both spooky games.

he just opened his place not too long ago and needs more people to stop in. As a person that has started a company, The first few months are tough just to get established let alone get people to know who the hell you are. The extra money could help, but IMO word of mouth will go further than any marketing will.

I don't want to see one less RZ on location, but if he wants to get rid of it he can. 13k no way but more than the 6.5k for sure.

I do wish him the best of luck, being self employed is a scary thing but one of the best decision I have ever made. Maybe not money wise, but I am happier than I have ever been.

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Give waddle a break.

I don't get it either. $6,500 is NOT a life changing amount of money.However, in this case it would definitely benefit the OP's business. I'm always fascinated about the opinions that guys like Waddle should have backed out and gotten their deposit back. It's not like he's just flipping it the day he got it NIB. He played it, didn't like it, and is now selling it.

There will be a thread 2 years from now saying: "Man, I should have jumped on that $13K RZ while I had the chance."

#5471 3 years ago

I don't have a problem with what waddle is doing but how he is doing it is the issue. He is using this thread to advertise the flipping of his pin because he is a wimp and doesn't want to allow feedback on his FS post. Its disrespectful to Charlie and other folks waiting on the pin here.

#5472 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Waddle, why don't you allow posting in your ad and take it out of this thread..

Just tossed it in the thread for anyone genuinely interested. I'll happily work with people through PM if they want the game. Only responded to posts in here because people were falsely representing my intentions.

Again, if anyone wants to talk I'll happily take it up in a message, I don't want this thread to become dominated with posts about this, and would much rather the discussions be private, and have the thread be general chatter about the game.

Quoted from timtim:

Give waddle a break. he's bought both spooky games.
he just opened his place not too long ago and needs more people to stop in. As a person that has started a company, The first few months are tough just to get established let alone get people to know who the hell you are. The extra money could help, but IMO word of mouth will go further than any marketing will.
I don't want to see one less RZ on location, but if he wants to get rid of it he can. 13k no way but more than the 6.5k for sure.
I do wish him the best of luck, being self employed is a scary thing but one of the best decision I have ever made. Maybe not money wise, but I am happier than I have ever been.

Thanks. Tim is an excellent guy and I'm very happy to see him come in and play. 13k is a shot in the dark, once others come up for sale maybe we'll have a better idea of the pricing and I'll adjust if necessary. I'd love to keep this game out on route just for the sake of having one around for play, but when I look at the game and it's earning less, in addition to have more problems, than NBA Fastbreak, it makes me think that I could instead use the money for something else. Of course, I'm also in no big rush to sell either, I'm happy to have it here because I'm not losing money by having it here, and it sure does look badass

Anyways, I'll stop responding to posts on this thread about the for sale posting unless I see it absolutely necessary.

Edit: Oh just remembered another reason that this game might be doing poorly. This is a family friendly location, and a decent chunk of the play does come from young children and their parents.

#5473 3 years ago

also waddle thanks for the zombie's ate my neighbors my wife loved playing it the other day

#5474 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

also waddle thanks for the zombie's ate my neighbors my wife loved playing it the other day

Maybe it's time for someone to do a reboot of that game and call it Rob Zombie Ate My Neighbors

#5475 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Oh just remembered another reason that this game might be doing poorly. This is a family friendly location, and a decent chunk of the play does come from young children and their parents.

ahh, you JUUUST now realized what kind of business you're trying to run, got it!

#5476 3 years ago

Baby steps I guess. I've been running "full bore" with nothing but fun and excitement. But, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't want even one person installing the update and then having all their switches freak out.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The reaction will be quicker now, but not full bore.

#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Give me a break. You were trying to buy up multiple AMH not long ago. Guessing you wanted multiples just for fun

Like you have room to be talking of opportunistic profit. You also were jpops best buddy and assisting with the cover story for quite some time, so not much credibility from you.

#5478 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Marketing is a business decision - has nothing to do with selling a game - unless you are saying this is your only source of raising capital. For best coin drop, ask LTG, after all these years, and he's had several Sterns - MM still is his best earning game. I operated too - the location wanted the space back for driving games - so I took them all back to my basement (his drivers earn little if anything BTW, he said he spent $100k - and almost $0 return).

Kudos for operating any location though - its tough, and I'm glad people still try.

This is not about coin drop or locations earnings then - you just don't like it. Trying to double your $, only 2 weeks after getting it, while Spooky is up to #55 or so in deliveries, just seems wrong to me on several levels.

As owner of #42, it just rubs me the wrong way. Since the code is only 0.8, I think its way too early to put a final judgment on it and sell it off, IMO.

#5479 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Give me a break. You were trying to buy up multiple AMH not long ago. Guessing you wanted multiples just for fun
Like you have room to be talking of opportunistic profit. You also were jpops best buddy and assisting with the cover story for quite some time, so not much credibility from you.

Hilton - you are wrong on so many levels.

Since you are falsely accusing me of several things, I will set the record straight - I'll respond - once.
I don't even know you - read my PM and we can hash out whatever you want outside this thread.

Not true on trying to buy up multiple AMH - I have one. A friend wants one, and I tried to find one - no dice.
Jpop in this thread? Don't even. I helped MG get to the NW show - that's it. PDX and I busted our ass, to help those who had $ at risk and for Bill to make a go/no go decision. Cover story? What does that even mean?

I took you off ignore for a total of 4 hours. My mistake.

#5480 3 years ago

can we please not ruin this thread with bunch of BS

Quoted from jalpert:

Baby steps I guess. I've been running "full bore" with nothing but fun and excitement. But, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't want even one person installing the update and then having all their switches freak out.

So should switches be adjusted when you 1st get the game b4 you turn up the power I'm guessing by time i get mine it might be ver 9 or 10

#5482 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

can we please not ruin this thread with bunch of BS

So should switches be adjusted when you 1st get the game b4 you turn up the power I'm guessing by time i get mine it might be ver 9 or 10

The game will come preadjusted to the default setting, meaning we make sure pops aren't firing when another pop is going off.

You can change the setting then see how things react. You may or may not need the widen the leaf spring gaps.

I do my best to not change too much for those that have older games that haven't updated, so when they do; they aren't like WTF, it was working before.

#5483 3 years ago

Ok guys I think each party in this debate has expressed their view point. Please stop from here on out.

#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Ok guys I think each party in this debate has expressed their view point. Please stop from here on out.

#5485 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The game will come preadjusted to the default setting, meaning we make sure pops aren't firing when another pop is going off.
You can change the setting then see how things react. You may or may not need the widen the leaf spring gaps.
I do my best to not change too much for those that have older games that haven't updated, so when they do; they aren't like WTF, it was working before.

Aright thx dude

#5486 3 years ago

Picking up #52 Thursday. Excited. Will be on location at Main Street Amusemens in Lafayette, IN. I also ordered a spare translite as a prize for a launch tournament with info to follow in near future for anyone interested in playingin it.

Waddle good luck with sale. I only know of 1 RZ physically selling at this point and it was a deal between friends at close to cost.

As someone who has a location that I've recently started also I understand using a game to bring in some revenue to open options. Make sense to me as well. Would I pay $13k, no. Doesn't mean someone else won't. Market will decide.

Back to more important things...version 8 for code public release close?

#5487 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Agreed

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What were the pop strengths v.7 compared to 8?

#5489 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

What were the pop strengths v.7 compared to 8?

Strength is a user preference. I am referring to rampdebounce or switch reaction time.

Before if a ball hit a pop too fast, there was a chance the code wouldn't fire because the pop switch wasn't on long enough (16 micro seconds)

Default now is 5 or 6 micro (slow) or 1 micro (fast)

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Strength is a user preference. I am referring to rampdebounce or switch reaction time.
Before if a ball hit a pop too fast, there was a chance the code wouldn't fire because the pop switch wasn't on long enough (16 micro seconds)
Default now is 5 or 6 micro (slow) or 1 micro (fast)

Awesome that this is user selectable and adjustable. For those of us that don't mind fine tuning switch gaps I'll go with the fast mode

#5491 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Awesome that this is user selectable and adjustable. For those of us that don't mind fine tuning switch gaps I'll go with the fast mode

If I get too many complaints about the change, I'll make an original, slow, fast setting

#5492 3 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

+2. Great idea!

Well, I think there are so many cool ideas that would work - just be nice to have something after starting all the modes.

Here's another.

Game goes black, all lights off and there is a massive roar of engines. Car starts and…...

The mini-wizard mode would be driving to the gates of hellbound in the Dragula car with Dragula track.

#5493 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I think there are so many cool ideas that would work - just be nice to have something after starting all the modes.
Here's another.
Game goes black, all lights off and there is a massive roar of engines. Car starts and…...
The mini-wizard mode would be driving to the gates of hellbound in the Dragula car with Dragula track.

like a video mode and multiball at the same time?
WPT has a really cool mode where you have to look at the DMD to see who's bluffing and then hit the corresponding shot. I think it's cool to make the player look at the screen to figure out what to shoot, making it different each time.

#5494 3 years ago

Speaking of video mode, is there any strategy or goal to the current mode other than just hitting as much as possible? I see no penalty for not doing something, and the length of time given seems to change.

#5495 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Speaking of video mode, is there any strategy or goal to the current mode other than just hitting as much as possible? I see no penalty for not doing something, and the length of time given seems to change.

actaully. depending on who you hit, you get more time added.

Max out your jackpot multiplier at the beginning of the mode (upper playfield) and your video mode points are multiplied by that.

#5496 3 years ago

Jeez people. If you have the game and like the game, keep it. If you have the game and don't like the game, sell it. How is RZ different than any other pin we all (presumably) own? We buy when we want something and we sell when we don't.

These are just high prices toys. Some people collect cars. Some collect coins. We collect pin games. Chill out and have some fun!

Jaz

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Jeez people. If you have the game and like the game, keep it. If you have the game and don't like the game, sell it. How is RZ different than any other pin we all (presumably) own? We buy when we want something and we sell when we don't.
These are just high prices toys. Some people collect cars. Some collect coins. We collect pin games. Chill out and have some fun!
Jaz

Amen brother.

#5498 3 years ago

I see this as a break fix issue. There is code in the game that is affecting it negatively and should be fixed. It's still the very early in the run, I'd like to see this fixed once and for all. Even if it means a few tech support calls. Once 200+ games are out there it's going to be a lot harder.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If I get too many complaints about the change, I'll make an original, slow, fast setting

#5499 3 years ago

Spooky here I come!

image_(resized).jpeg

#5500 3 years ago

Pingulps RZ splatter and AMH, awesome stuff
Thanks, Doug.

IMG_9545_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside