Topic Stats

• 10,478 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10478 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 210.
#5401 3 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Just list it for sale like normal. What kind of BS are you expecting? And if people lowball you, just say, no thanks. It's just a pinball machine for sale, not king tut's sarcophagus.

The kind of messages this seller quoted as "nasty and scathing" - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-americas-most-haunted-spooky-pinball-2014-2018

Pinside can be a very unpleasant place to sell games, I personally try to keep my sales as low key as possible. I anticipate the first game listed for sale of something incredibly rare to quickly go viral and spawn the hate of many toxic community members.

#5402 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

The kind of messages this seller quoted as "nasty and scathing" - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-americas-most-haunted-spooky-pinball-2014-2018
Pinside can be a very unpleasant place to sell games, I personally try to keep my sales as low key as possible. I anticipate the first game listed for sale of something incredibly rare to quickly go viral and spawn the hate of many toxic community members.

You can just not tick the box to make it a thread ... So there will be no discussion. It'll just be a marketplace ad.

If you get a PM you don't like, just delete it. No need to even respond.

Or just do a Lady Kaneda Slingshot and stick it on EBay for $13,000 or best offer.

Nice one!

For others information, WaddleJrJr is like 18 years old, #300 ranked pinball player on IFPA, and runs his own arcade. Props!

rd

#5403 3 years ago

Wow, that FS thread was a complete shit show. Totally understand where you're coming from, WaddleJrJr.

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Wow, that FS thread was a complete shit show.

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

The kind of messages this seller quoted as "nasty and scathing" ... toxic community members.

Just took a closer look at this FS thread.... funny how I could identify the same ol' group of shit-heads!

#5405 3 years ago

Was working on that switch and unfortunantly had to take the ramp off to get enough access to remove it.

Found a couple little hidden easter eggs in the process! And hot dang that clearcoat is so shiny you can see my reflection!
IMG_20160701_171756_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160701_171510_(resized).jpg

#5406 3 years ago

That's awesome

and don't get rid of your RZ Till I get mine.

#5407 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

That's awesome
and don't get rid of your RZ Till I get mine.

I'll hold it until the Cleveland Show at least (unless someone gives me an offer I can't refuse).

#5408 3 years ago

Rob Zombie #55 in the house! I must say, I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm absolutely blown away. This is a super fun game and glad I did not sell. Thanks to Khabbi for helping with the set up. We did have one small problem after playing a few games that other owners may encounter. The ball kickout underneath the mini playfield stopped working after a while. We went and checked the mechanism and all seemed fine. Then we looked at the fuses and sure enough one was blown. Luckily Walmart had a pack of 3 amp fuses and now she works perfectly. Notice the Pinball Life Knocker installed in the head. Now on to the photos...

IMG_4903_(resized).jpg
IMG_4902_(resized).jpg
IMG_4901_(resized).jpg
IMG_4900_(resized).jpg
IMG_4899_(resized).jpg
IMG_4898_(resized).jpg
IMG_4897_(resized).jpg
IMG_4896_(resized).jpg
IMG_4894_(resized).jpg
IMG_4892_(resized).jpg
IMG_4891_(resized).jpg
IMG_4889_(resized).jpg
IMG_4888_(resized).jpg
IMG_4887_(resized).jpg
IMG_4886_(resized).jpg
IMG_4885_(resized).jpg
IMG_4884_(resized).jpg
IMG_4883_(resized).jpg
IMG_4882_(resized).jpg
IMG_4881_(resized).jpg
IMG_4880_(resized).jpg

#5409 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Rob Zombie #55 in the house! I must say, I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm absolutely blown away. This is a super fun game and glad I did not sell. Thanks to Khabbi for helping with the set up. We did have one small problem after playing a few games that other owners may encounter. The ball kickout underneath the mini playfield stopped working after a while. We went and checked the mechanism and all seemed fine. Then we looked at the fuses and sure enough one was blown. Luckily Walmart had a pack of 3 amp fuses and now she works perfectly. Notice the Pinball Life Kicker installed in the head. Now on to the photos...

Can you take a photo of both RZ and TH with raised playfields next to each other? Just curious to see the sheer difference in stuff under both. And you are the only one who has both side by side. Thanks!

#5410 3 years ago

Sweet! Thanks for photos.

#5411 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Rob Zombie #55 in the house! I must say, I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm absolutely blown away. This is a super fun game and glad I did not sell. Thanks to Khabbi for helping with the set up. We did have one small problem after playing a few games that other owners may encounter. The ball kickout underneath the mini playfield stopped working after a while. We went and checked the mechanism and all seemed fine. Then we looked at the fuses and sure enough one was blown. Luckily Walmart had a pack of 3 amp fuses and now she works perfectly. Notice the Pinball Life Kicker installed in the head. Now on to the photos...

Hmm, which version of the software does your game have on it? Is it version 8? I'm curious if this is still a software issue in regards to blowing a fuse. Looks gorgeous though!

#5412 3 years ago

I had fun unboxing Egg's RZ, playing the game itself was a pleasant surprise! I wasn't sure I was going to like this title, but man, it's a super fun title to play and I liked everything about it!

The audio quality is outstanding, and the music keeps you pumped when you're playing. The code was very fun to play IMO, and this game is fast, fun to shoot, and very satisfying to play. All of the shots felt good, no bricks, nothing too easy or too hard, I couldn't stop playing it! The 7 ball multi-ball is insane also. I also liked the "adult" insults and call-outs, they were more funny than insulting. Went home wanting one.

#5413 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Notice the Pinball Life Kicker installed in the head.

Looks good!
Was the knocker factory installed, or did you install it after delivery?
Also, did the game come with any sort of manual with schematics and such?

#5414 3 years ago

Yes, Charlie installed it just before shipping. It really adds to the game and is REALLY loud. LOL

#5415 3 years ago

Good to know! I'll add it to my build list. I may be old-school, but I think physical knockers are essential to the pinball experience.

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I had fun unboxing Egg's RZ, playing the game itself was a pleasant surprise! I wasn't sure I was going to like this title, but man, it's a super fun title to play and I liked everything about it!
The audio quality is outstanding, and the music keeps you pumped when you're playing. The code was very fun to play IMO, and this game is fast, fun to shoot, and very satisfying to play. All of the shots felt good, no bricks, nothing too easy or two hard, I couldn't stop playing it! The 7 ball multi-ball is insane also. I also liked the "adult" insults and call-outs, they were more funny than insulting. Went home wanting one.

Holy shit, after reading this and those unboxing photos I'm so pumped to get mine

#5417 3 years ago

RZLE 42 has 25 plays already. Direct from Spooky in Benton to Geneva IL.

IMG_9528_(resized).JPG

IMG_9524_(resized).JPG

#5418 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Hmm, which version of the software does your game have on it? Is it version 8? I'm curious if this is still a software issue in regards to blowing a fuse. Looks gorgeous though!

You know, for some reason I want to say it's still on 7. I'll go to the website right now and see if 8 is available. I just hate updating on Spooky machines because then I have to drag out my laptop.

#5419 3 years ago

I think version 8 is still in beta.

#5420 3 years ago

Thanks Waddle, I looked for it and I couldn't find it. Going back to Khabbi's comment, I totally agree that this game sucks when watching the video. I had a few things to do this morning and as I was getting my haircut all I could think of was coming back to my house and playing another game.

#5422 3 years ago

Takes me 5 minutes or less to update code on Rob Zombie. It's a snap.

#5423 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Thanks Waddle, I looked for it and I couldn't find it. Going back to Khabbi's comment, I totally agree that this game sucks when watching the video. I had a few things to do this morning and as I was getting my haircut all I could think of was coming back to my house and playing another game.

Yea, pinball has to be a hands-on experience, and game play videos are not all that useful outside of player reactions. Thinking about the last few Dead Flip videos on new game releases, I thought the group had a little more fun playing RZ than they did GB or GOT.

#5424 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You know, for some reason I want to say it's still on 7. I'll go to the website right now and see if 8 is available. I just hate updating on Spooky machines because then I have to drag out my laptop.

Your picture shows you have rev 7

#5425 3 years ago

v008 beta is only supported through my site till its ready for general use, then it goes to spookys site.

fawzma.com upper right corner for v008 support

#5426 3 years ago

Have a few more of these if anybodys interested just pm me

image_(resized).jpeg

#5427 3 years ago

So, the code, rules are now so important for long term reputation for this game.

Am I right in thinking that if all modes are completed the wizard mode is activated? Hell Bound.

Is there a mini wizard mode for starting all the modes? Kind of like sea of simulation and portal in Tron?

If not can a mini wizard mode be implemented? Need to reward player for starting all modes.

Maybe for wizard mode Hellbound can be lit solid and for mini wizard mode, just flash? And mini wizard mode can be some sort of preview/introduction to Hellbound?

Maybe a 'welcome to the gates of Hellbound? '

And maybe some big points on offer during the mini wizard mode/countdown jackpots etc?

Interested to hear feedback. Feel this is real important to take the game up a notch and give it longevity in the home

#5428 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, the code, rules are now so important for long term reputation for this game.
Am I right in thinking that if all modes are completed the wizard mode is activated? Hell Bound.
Is there a mini wizard mode for starting all the modes? Kind of like sea of simulation and portal in Tron?
If not can a mini wizard mode be implemented? Need to reward player for starting all modes.
Maybe for wizard mode Hellbound can be lit solid and for mini wizard mode, just flash? And mini wizard mode can be some sort of preview/introduction to Hellbound?
Maybe a 'welcome to the gates of Hellbound? '
And maybe some big points on offer during the mini wizard mode/countdown jackpots etc?
Interested to hear feedback. Feel this is real important to take the game up a notch and give it longevity in the home

Super duper agree with all of this. All of my fav games have mini-wizard-esque modes, it really adds to the total package and longetivity! I think a mini-wizard mode in RZSI may benefit from single ball like sea of simulation, crank it up, rather than multi-ball such as battle royale since RZSI seems heavy on LDG and H1KC multiball already.

#5429 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Super duper agree with all of this. All of my fav games have mini-wizard-esque modes, it really adds to the total package and longetivity! I think a mini-wizard mode in RZSI may benefit from single ball like sea of simulation, crank it up, rather than multi-ball such as battle royale since RZSI seems heavy on LDG and H1KC multiball already.

And if you hit a target, it adds a ball into your existing one ball multiball. Target can be reactivated with another hit after 2nd ball drains, bringing you back to two ball multiball.

Having only one ball possible during multiball sounded kind of sad and lonely, so allowing user to add a ball with targeted shot would be very current thinking.

#5430 3 years ago

All sorts of ideas possible for a mini-wizard mode for starting all the modes

The absence of mini-wizard mode means playing the modes and then a super hard task of getting all modes completed to get to Hellbound. And that is going to be mega tough.

Having the mini-wizard mode will add massively to the ' just gotta play one more game' as there should be many games that player feels they got close to starting all the modes.

Completing - there won't be so many games players get close, which is fine for long term use.

#5431 3 years ago

I know Ben is adding mini wizard modes to AMH, so I have to believe Spooky is well aware of the importance of this type of play, and will implement in RZ in time.

#5432 3 years ago

Maybe people could give David sub wizard mode ideas at the open house?

#5433 3 years ago

Lol thx Ben, I'm trying not to work 7 days a week.

I was hoping to squash as many bugs in v008 before I start adding new content. It's already at about 50 changes with this update.

#5434 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Lol thx Ben, I'm trying not to work 7 days a week.
I was hoping to squash as many bugs in v008 before I start adding new content. It's already at about 50 changes with this update.

New beta version 8 is awesome, also the high performance makes the game come alive, my pops were working flawlessly(never did before), slings are a little much but powered them down a little and worked best for me. Keep up the good work and can't say enough about Fawzma contacting me even on the 4th to fix my code install issue. You all rock at Spooky top to bottom, can't say enough how happy I am with my games, both AMH and RZ. Oh and I had to get the pinball life lock down bar as well cause it looks cool! Happy 4th all!

20160704_091629_(resized).jpg

#5435 3 years ago

Read the notes about the Spaulding gate. If it seems like the ball is getting hung up in the gate while in close position, there is a setting to close that gap now.

#5436 3 years ago

Wow! RZ$$I could turn out to be the greatest game ever Like most here, I am LFtS (Looking Forward to Submodes).

#5437 3 years ago

I don't get Fawzma's directions on his site. I don't want to right click and format the existing SD card in the machine do I? If not, why does it not make it more clear to NOT do that. These directions are much clearer:

http://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/PinHeck-Code-Update-Instructions..jpg

No where in the Spooky instructions does it say I have to format my SD card. So why would I want to do it now? Why can't I just add the beta code to my SD card per the instructions?

I'm not messing with this until it's on Spooky's site.

#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe people could give David sub wizard mode ideas at the open house?

Here's an idea.

At some point after starting the last mode, so that all inserts are solid or flashing, the machine goes dead. Complete blackness followed by say, manic laughter or a scream.

Then all inserts are lit solid. Have to then get them to go to flashing and then off. So, 2 shots for each. 12 shots.

And then hit ramp once or twice for a countdown or mega jackpot. ( Hellbound jackpot ).

The whole mini-wizard mode could be timed and could be one or two balls.

Just an idea but this would get me buzzing as a player

#5439 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I don't get Fawzma's directions on his site. I don't want to right click and format the existing SD card in the machine do I? If not, why does it not make it more clear to NOT do that. These directions are much clearer:
http://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/PinHeck-Code-Update-Instructions..jpg
No where in the Spooky instructions does it say I have to format my SD card. So why would I want to do it now? Why can't I just add the beta code to my SD card per the instructions?
I'm not messing with this until it's on Spooky's site.

Yes, you do want to format the card.

Download Fawzma's zip file, quick format your card, and then extract the contents of the zip file to your card. Then put the card in your game, hold down the second little blue button from the right, and then power on the game while holding down that button. Once the update countdown starts you just wait for it finish and then bam, done.

#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Yes, you do want to format the card.
Download Fawzma's zip file, quick format your card, and then extract the contents of the zip file to your card. Then put the card in your game, hold down the second little blue button from the right, and then power on the game while holding down that button. Once the update countdown starts you just wait for it finish and then bam, done.

OK perfect thanks. Maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks again for letting me and others know how easy it is.

#5441 3 years ago

Here's an idea.
At some point after starting the last mode, so that all inserts are solid or flashing, the machine goes dead. Complete blackness followed by say, manic laughter or a scream.
Then all inserts are lit solid. Have to then get them to go to flashing and then off. So, 2 shots for each. 12 shots.
And then hit ramp once or twice for a countdown or mega jackpot. ( Hellbound jackpot ).

that's a fantastic idea

#5442 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK perfect thanks. Maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks again for letting me and others know how easy it is.

You have to format the Sd cards, deleting or overwriting files on them will cause problems.

If the spooky site doesn't say to format, and I think it does (there is a format screenshot). I'll update the spooky site to stress the format process. This could explain some odd behavior that's been reported recently.

#5443 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

You have to format the Sd cards, deleting or overwriting files on them will cause problems.
If the spooky site doesn't say to format, and I think it does (there is a format screenshot). I'll update the spooky site to stress the format process. This could explain some odd behavior that's been reported recently.

OK makes total sense. It wasn't you, it's just that both seem to contradict what you do. I was pretty concerned because I didn't want to brick my board.

OK, now back to see if I can blow this fuse again. It hasn't blown in at least 30 games with probably 40-50 trips into the VUK.

#5444 3 years ago

Here's an idea.

+2. Great idea!

#5445 3 years ago

Okay, I was bored and put up a market ad. Please don't kill me

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36510

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

hysterical. If I was Chuck I wouldn't sell to you ever again on principle. Logic and free capitalistic economy be damned, this is just wrong... nobody will kill you, we will just laugh and be confused.

I'm also up voting you, because you did at least make an ad!

just funny to say this out loud:
"I don't like the theme, it's not a theme for everyone, still I was early in list so I bought it anyways but now, since it's not a theme for everyone, it isn't earning in a two week sample size, so I'm gonna list it... FOR BASICALLY DOUBLE WHAT I PAID!!"

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

It's the next BBB so hopefully no one flames you. After playing it and knowing the quantities, it's definitely in that $12-13K range.

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

hysterical. If I was Chuck I wouldn't sell to you ever again on principle. Logic and free capitalistic economy be damned, this is just wrong... nobody will kill you, we will just laugh and be confused.
I'm also up voting you, because you did at least make an ad!
just funny to say this out loud:
"I don't like the theme, it's not a theme for everyone, still I was early in list so I bought it anyways but now, since it's not a theme for everyone, it isn't earning in a two week sample size, so I'm gonna list it... FOR BASICALLY DOUBLE WHAT I PAID!!"

Yup! And if I didn't list it for that I'd have people from the other side insulting me for "leaving money on the table". There's no way to win, so whatever.

I absolutely love AMH and will never sell it, even if it were going for $20,000. Rob Zombie I'm really not loving, and will sell for whatever the market demands.

Also by your logic Gene Cunningham must be PISSED at everyone buying and selling Big Bang Bar. He'll never sell to those jerks again!

#5449 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's the next BBB so hopefully no one flames you. After playing it and knowing the quantities, it's definitely in that $12-13K range.

Exactly. I'd love to sell this game to cheap for someone out of principle, but I just can't do that. To go back to the BBB example, if someone bought one for $4,500 and then resold it for $5,000, they would probably feel a little snake bit when the person who bought it off them for $5,000 goes and sells it for $20,000.

I've got a business to run, and want to get people in playing these machines. Selling this game and putting the money into say, marketing, will help bring in more players than having the game just sitting around not getting played much.

#5450 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Rob Zombie I'm really not loving,

Really surprised by this, I think it's one of the most fun, original machines I've ever played.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
There are 10478 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside