2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 223.
#5251 7 years ago

Still excited about this game. Any updates on numbers shipped?

#5252 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The electrical tape comment is likely from my post, where I asked if other's had tape on a particular switch that keeps it from shorting against an upper P/F screw. Charlie has since responded that it was put there during wiring/testing to keep from shorting out and to keep it from rubbing during shipping, but once the game is in place it could be removed and to be extra safe bend the wire/diode down away from the switch.

That was the switch I was talking about. Glad to hear that it was just for shipping. Still I was mainly using it as an example. Still a fun game, just some stuff that needs improvement, but what game doesn't?

#5253 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I still have yet to play a RZ yet. Is there going to be one at the Pintastic show in July?
I have played AMH on location....no complaints... whoever did the audio on that game REALLY knocked it out of the park. Sound quality and effects are top notch.

I'm kind of the opposite. I just played RZ for the first time at SFGE and was impressed. It was overall quite fun to play and had some great audio and callouts. I've never played an AMH before and now want to make it a point to seek one out after playing RZ.

Also, I spoke with Charlie for awhile at the show and he struck me as a good guy who cares a lot about his product and pinball as a whole. As with any industry, its refreshing to meet people like that. While I didn't have any plans to get a Spooky machine before the show, it's something I'm going to seriously consider going forward.

Quoted from spfxted:

We've lost a lot of great "industry" people this way. Spooky, please don't ever leave us....

This, exactly. It's bad for the site and everyone else on it to run off those who so directly contribute to the pinball industry. Hopefully the people from these companies realize that for every one guy that constantly berates them, there are at least 50 more that really look forward to hearing what they have to say. The more info available, the better.

#5254 7 years ago

Well, it's easier for Stern or JJP to abandon Pinside - 90% of their customers come from elsewhere.

90% of Spooky's customers originate here.

#5255 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well, it's easier for Stern or JJP to abandon Pinside - 90% of their customers come from elsewhere.

IMO, at this point they could travel to a few shows a year and make sales that way. RZ was sold out by the time RZ himself put out the word on FB. As long as you are on FB, you are getting Spooky info in the moment. Everything that Pinside would find interesting makes its way on here.

That said, I like that Spooky is here and hope it stays that way.

#5256 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm assuming these statistics came from "Goat Research Inc?"

#5257 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Hopefully the people from these companies realize that for every one guy that constantly berates them, there are at least 50 more that really look forward to hearing what they have to say. The more info available, the better.

I just want to say that as much as those 50 people can be really awesome, the ones that constantly wear you down can be a real drag and weigh down their side of the scales disproportionately. It's hard to have thick skin about everything, all the time, without it eventually getting to you. Pinball is a ridiculous amount of work, and no one is ever going to appreciate that if they haven't done it.

Chuck is a classy guy, and handles it all really well, but it's a pity it has to be that way. I took a couple months off from Pinside just to get away from all the garbage, and that helped, but I don't post nearly as much as I used to now that I'm "back", simply because it's not enjoyable with all the instant shit attitudes.

Just my two cents, don't want to speak for Spooky, but if you enjoy having alternative pinball companies around here I'd keep that in mind. There are way easier ways to make a living. If the joy gets sucked out of it by assholes then it's hard to see why anyone would even bother. If nothing else it's not worth posting here if it's going to just generate grief and headaches.

#5258 7 years ago

Chuck is the man!!
I love him

#5259 7 years ago

I love him long time.

#5260 7 years ago

my apologies chuck.

I want the best for you, your family, and your business.

I will continue to provide you my feedback in person where I am less of a dick and refrain from sharing of my opinion in public. I want to help you and your company and never hurt it.

#5261 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my apologies chuck.

Hey... no worries Hilton. You are a genuinely good guy off here in person, and you do a lot of good in the community. I don't mind that you post on line about what you like or don't. I can take a "hey... maybe Spooky could make this better" every day of the week. We do listen... maybe we can't get every request, but we do our best to be user friendly. Take your lovely wife out to dinner and forget about pinball for a few hours. A wise man from up north (clearly NOT Bryan Kelly) tells me these things are important, and he's RIGHT.

And Banger Jay... you are one sexy bitch. Love you too you throbbing hunk of man love! Was that too far?!

What happened to Aurich?! Lol... he's the total voice of reason now. Much respect sir! You're in this soup now... and I KNOW you understand how tough this is.

#5262 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Our build quality has been increased across the board from AMH to RZ. Yes, we have more improvements to make and we know this... and we will get there. If you guys seriously want to keep the open communication lines between Spooky and Pinside going, try not bashing us like a pinata... we WANT constructive advice and welcome it openly. Alternative is we just work hard and never come here like all the other companies do.
Yeah... I know I need thicker skin.

Charlie,

We have mutual friends coast to coast, that run or operate your games so far.

AMH, was, well...let's just hope you are focusing on improving build quality like you say. No doubt it's a tall task, even for Stern, who has been doing it in great quantities for many years.

RZ is being operated in an arcade, not a remote location, so I can keep an eye on it and make repairs/tweaks when necessary. The observations I reported are based on day 1 out of the box, and maybe 20 plays on it.

I will check again on getting the coin box to fit...a couple of us looked at it quickly, and couldn't get a couple of different coin boxes to fit, and didn't want to disturb the amp or risk smashing it.

Yep, you need thicker skin. It's one thing I knew when transitioning from a hobbyist to an operator and then arcade owner/operator.

Like it or not, Pinside is currently your primary audience/customer base, which can make things tough on you. However, to disconnect yourself from it would not be in your interest. The other manufacturers are all here, and often. They generally are just lurkers, though.

No bashing from me. I'm just trying to give a report/opinion that differs from some of the others.

I have no doubt things will improve for you down the road.

-Mark

#5263 7 years ago

Charlie keep up good work we all know building pinball is not easy and did you see the new trailer for 31 it looks awesome

FawzmaGames does RZ let you put a custom messages on the dmd like a stern or wpc ? I think that would be a good add

#5264 7 years ago

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Spooky. I've noticed while Pinsiders can be a great crowd, they also can be so critical and harsh at times. To be on this forum and part of the discussion is incredible and speaks volumes for the company and its products. I don't know if any of you have put yourselves out there for public feedback on a business you run or product you've been involved in creating, but its really tough. I'm a big fan of the game, and I can't wait to get mine!

#5265 7 years ago

I love my AMH and have had zero issues with it since I picked it up in October of last year from a fellow pinsider. It's a great game with very fun code.

Thanks for all the hard work Charlie. Your, and everyone at Spooky's contributions to this hobby are greatly appreciated. I look forward to buying many Spooky games in the future.

#5266 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pinball is a ridiculous amount of work, and no one is ever going to appreciate that if they haven't done it.

Amen to that, not that i know, but good lord it sure seems like you have to walk through a mountain of shit to make a pinball machine.

I'd say Spooky is doing a great job. Along with Aurich and the Heighway guys!

#5267 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my apologies chuck.
I will continue to provide you my feedback in person where I am less of a dick and refrain from sharing of my opinion in public. I want to help you and your company and never hurt it.

Hey... no worries Hilton. You are a genuinely good guy off here in person, and you do a lot of good in the community. I don't mind that you post on line about what you like or don't. I can take a "hey... maybe Spooky could make this better" every day of the week. We do listen... maybe we can't get every request, but we do our best to be user friendly. Take your lovely wife out to dinner and forget about pinball for a few hours. A wise man from up north (clearly NOT Bryan Kelly) tells me these things are important, and he's RIGHT.
And Banger Jay... you are one sexy bitch. Love you too you throbbing hunk of man love! Was that too far?!
What happened to Aurich?! Lol... he's the total voice of reason now. Much respect sir! You're in this soup now... and I KNOW you understand how tough this is.

#5268 7 years ago

wow, i missed a lot... because i was too busy PLAYING my AMH and then my RZ to come here and see what all the fuss is about. As a JJP distributor and a Spooky pinball customer i can tell you that not every game is perfect, but i have never been turned away from either company when i had something on my mind. Thanks for all the hard work Team Spooky. While there are some bugs to work on (and things can always be better, from any company), please continue to keep the Pinside lines of communication open. They are important to new people that come in and want to talk to the "People in the know."

alright, back to some more "Is this your first time playing pinabll?" lines from RZ.

#5269 7 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

RZ is being operated in an arcade, not a remote location, so I can keep an eye on it and make repairs/tweaks when necessary.

Appreciate that sir! We learn tons from folks operating our games and get regular reports to help us improve basically everything. We need that.

I just had no idea that Hilton's game was going to you or going to be in an arcade anywhere... if we had a heads up, we could have gotten you the coin mechs & cash box. You've got the 2nd RZ route game that we are aware of. Yep, we did have a coin mech wire issue that has since been corrected thanks to report we got back from your game... we're human, it happens.

Pinball in the wild is a great thing!

#5270 7 years ago

I just had no idea that Hilton's game was going to you or going to be in an arcade anywhere... if we had a heads up, we could have gotten you the coin mechs & cash box.

we help each other out Actually I gave the LE to Rob as he really wanted the LE. Rob loaned it to Mark to use at his arcade for a bit. That Rob is a swell dude!

As a heads up #54 (I think that is the number) will be going on route in Madison at AltBrew when it is ready. I will be maintaining it and will be happy to provide personal feedback to you chuck so you can continue to make improvements.

#5271 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That Rob is a swell dude!

Nice man! And I totally agree... Rob IS AWESOME! Although I personally think Taro is the brains behind that operation.

Email me if you need anything in regards to the door on #54 Hilton. Chris from Kingpin is helping us sort out validator wiring for the various types (and there are LOTS).

#5272 7 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

The other manufacturers are all here, and often. They generally are just lurkers, though.

Hehe... guess who are the "just lurkers": https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious

#5273 7 years ago

Future proofing question.

Is the plastic panel/window replaceable in front of the LCD display? B/W and Stern games can be replaced as they get scratched to bits over the years!

#5274 7 years ago

I would like to ask if anybody (Spooky or a third party) has any plans or progress made on a headphone jack? I would love to jam out late at night without waking the fam!

#5275 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I would like to ask if anybody (Spooky or a third party) has any plans or progress made on a headphone jack? I would love to jam out late at night without waking the fam!

When I get my game I'll most likely design one. I'm in the 150s... Only thing that makes it harder is the door has no dba acceptor plates. Might have to do a undermount like my PinPac 3... Or a swap out coin door service..

#5276 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

When I get my game I'll most likely design one. I'm in the 150s... Only thing that makes it harder is the door has no dba acceptor plates. Might have to do a undermount like my PinPac 3... Or a swap out coin door service..

Awesome! I wouldn't mind an undermount. I'd rather have that than need to swap out the entire coin door.

#5277 7 years ago

A wise man from up north (clearly NOT Bryan Kelly) tells me these things are important, and he's RIGHT.

I heard that, ASSHOLE!!!!!

#5278 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I heard that, ASSHOLE!!!!!

Always love your colorful words Spooky needs you on there podcast more offen

#5279 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Always love your colorful words Spooky needs you on there podcast more offen

Totally agree!!!!!! Bug needs you old man get off your ass & help him out with the podcast.

#5280 7 years ago

I operate AMH on location.
A Williams or Stern cash box will both fit no problem at all. I've moved the amp to sit on the cabinet floor, just behind where it comes mounted from the factory. I think the reason it's in that position is for ease of adjustment, but where I've put it is just as easy to access and out of the way.
Been onsite for three months now, no major issues and beating STLE, TSPP and Shrek consistently.

#5281 7 years ago

I operate an AMH on location, but I'm a savage being and don't use a cashbox, instead just let the coins fall onto the bottom of the cabinet

Anyways, my Rob Zombie (#43) will be shipping out on the next truck! I really, really hope it comes in time for the scheduled launch party next Friday, it's pushing it close.

#5282 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I operate an AMH on location, but I'm a savage being and don't use a cashbox, instead just let the coins fall onto the bottom of the cabinet
Anyways, my Rob Zombie (#43) will be shipping out on the next truck! I really, really hope it comes in time for the scheduled launch party next Friday, it's pushing it close.

I thought I was the only one who operated without coin boxes! Awesome, my RZ should be built next week and also plans to go on location as well! Cool so many are getting out in the wild.

#5283 7 years ago

Had a chance to play RZSSI a few times at SFGE and I absolutely loved it. Tried to buy it off them more than once! Great meeting the Spooky Pinball peeps as well. Anyone in on this pin is going to be delighted. Enjoy!

#5284 7 years ago

I doubt mine will ever go on location but I've been thinking it would be cool to put it in the local indie music store that raised me for the week around Record Store Day each year...

#5285 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm 44. Your sibling will be heading to Australia.

#5286 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Quoted from Tsskinne:

I thought I was the only one who operated without coin boxes! Awesome, my RZ should be built next week and also plans to go on location as well! Cool so many are getting out in the wild.

I use these, seriously. Great for lots of things, but fit the spacing for standard coin doors so both mechs feed into the container.

2YVXV_jpg_(resized).jpg2YVXV_jpg_(resized).jpg

#5287 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I use these, seriously. Great for lots of things, but fit the spacing for standard coin doors so both mechs feed into the container.

Don't forget the Shasta!

#5288 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Was actually just thinking last night about getting a little plastic tub like that for coin boxes.

#5289 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I doubt mine will ever go on location but I've been thinking it would be cool to put it in the local indie music store that raised me for the week around Record Store Day each year...

Cool idea. My RZ will be on location at a record store/hookah lounge a few hours from you in State College, PA. Looking forward to it!

#5290 7 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

Like it or not, Pinside is currently your primary audience/customer base, which can make things tough on you. However, to disconnect yourself from it would not be in your interest.

Hey man, this isn't freaking Good Fellas. Also, Pinside doesn't hang on your every thought or whim. Now, shoo along. We have good games to enjoy without you!

#5291 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

It's only the transition into the mode I'm referring to. Clunky IMO. Just suggesting things to polish.

Video mode's got Spooky's personality, and that suits me fine . A pause for " loading.... " has Ben Heck written all over it, and if he could have had a nintendo controller pop out of the coin door and used instead of the flippers, that would be there (A BackAlley / Matt mod?) For me, its hilarious to have a throwback to Pole Position, with gore. The Dragula video back in the day probably would have started the video-game rating system way before Mortal Kombat.

Just suggesting things to NOT polish.

#5292 7 years ago

I received my game a week ago and I haven't had time to post my experience. I wanted to give a big shout out to the spooky pinball team Charlie, KT and Mr. Fawzma you are the man! I had an update issue well more of an operator error issue on my part. He was able to fix it through emails and phone calls late at night. I really feel he went above and beyond to get me what I needed to play my game, thank you David! I don't really want to give a full game review now because I have less then 31 games on it but a few things right out of the gate:

Besides the game kicking ass and being totally brutal, what is the GEIN cards and what do they do when you collect them?

I know it has been mentioned earlier, I agree, the house of 1000 corpses should have a sneaky award if the target is up and you sneak your ball around or at least a call out from Sid saying, "you sneaky bastard" or something. Also, regarding the house of 1000 course's target, I will hit it and then a second later it pops back up it doesn't seem to stay down very long.

Mentioned before as well but the highest scores displayed should have commas inbetween the zeros, i,e, 100,000,000, if those could be added would be sweet. When you get a high score, is there any way to have that creepy music with the laughing play louder? It sounds cool but it's just so quiet it would make it more enjoyable.

The game set up well and I've had no issues, no air balls, living dead girl is amazing, and captain Spaulding has great detail. The whole game is one bad ass package with incredible art. I will be adding some lighting to brighten it up a notch. I can't wait to figure out what else this game can do and see how the modes progress.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5293 7 years ago
Quoted from M055781:

I received my game a week ago and I haven't had time to post my experience. I wanted to give a big shout out to the spooky pinball team Charlie, KT and Mr. Fawzma you are the man! I had an update issue well more of an operator error issue on my part. He was able to fix it through emails and phone calls late at night. I really feel he went above and beyond to get me what I needed to play my game, thank you David! I don't really want to give a full game review now because I have less then 31 games on it but a few things right out of the gate:
Besides the game kicking ass and being totally brutal, what is the GEIN cards and what do they do when you collect them?
I know it has been mentioned earlier, I agree, the house of 1000 corpses should have a sneaky award if the target is up and you sneak your ball around or at least a call out from Sid saying, "you sneaky bastard" or something. Also, regarding the house of 1000 course's target, I will hit it and then a second later it pops back up it doesn't seem to stay down very long.
Mentioned before as well but the highest scores displayed should have commas inbetween the zeros, i,e, 100,000,000, if those could be added would be sweet. When you get a high score, is there any way to have that creepy music with the laughing play louder? It sounds cool but it's just so quiet it would make it more enjoyable.
The game set up well and I've had no issues, no air balls, living dead girl is amazing, and captain Spaulding has great detail. The whole game is one bad ass package with incredible art. I will be adding some lighting to brighten it up a notch. I can't wait to figure out what else this game can do and see how the modes progress.

What a nice trio

#5294 7 years ago
Quoted from M055781:

Looks awesome you need get the topper for RZ

#5295 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Looks awesome you need get the topper for RZ

I like the topper he has above it now

#5296 7 years ago

Everyone that contacted me on these is going to get a pm in the next few days . 14 ready in this pic the others in progress yhe first batch will be ready soon .

20160620_211627.jpg20160620_211627.jpg

#5297 7 years ago

First time seeing these,very nice.

#5298 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Everyone that contacted me on these is going to get a pm in the next few days . 14 ready in this pic the others in progress yhe first batch will be ready soon .

I gotta say you are a regular Jackson Pollock with the blood spatter. Kudos on it.

#5299 7 years ago

Lookin' awesome, Doug!

#5300 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Can I move in with you, Doug?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/106?hl=vilant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.