Topic Stats

• 10,472 posts
  • 598 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10472 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 210.
#5151 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Do that topper blood red and that's a winner!

Topper changes colors, fades, pulse and flashes. Comes with a remote. Here is a video of it cycling through some of the options

#5152 3 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

We already have someone selling a RZ machine on pinside and they dont even have it yet.
$ 9500

Where? I don't see it.

#5153 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Because we can't get hi-def images on our display... so Ben Heck made the video mode look like a retro NES game. David & David put the effects and Dragula (8-bit version) music together... personally, when I saw it (I had no idea how it was going to be) I freakin' loved the Dragula NES sound! Ben did an awesome job on that mode, because Ben is awesome like that.
Game #36 is done and in the box for those keeping score. 5 more games from #24 to #31 are on the dock waiting for today's truck. The rest of the 50 LE's are on stands in final testing.

Wow!!!!!! I'm so excited. First I was so lucky to get in, then to be so fortunate to move up to #90. I should be living the dream real soon. I just wish my father who has passed on could be here. He was such a fan of all Robs movies, always quoting lines. Good memories. Thank you to everyone who has helped me and helped make this all a reality.

#5155 3 years ago

Together at last! Man RZ is a brutal game, gotta tune it in some still but I got my a$$ handed to me I've yet to even break 20mil.....loving it!

20160604_103839_(resized).jpg

20160604_124047_(resized).jpg

#5156 3 years ago

I've got one Coming in late summer I picked up in a trade. LEDs and some back alley upgrades. Will be Looking for local trades. IM, SM or a few others on my list.

#5157 3 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

We already have someone selling a RZ machine on pinside and they dont even have it yet.
$ 9500

Well that's a discount from December then, when RZs will be going for $10k. (I hope not)

#5158 3 years ago

Would someone with the game be willing to measure the backglass? I'm considering a Swapbox for my translite, and it would be awesome if I could actually swap the two back and forth.

#5159 3 years ago

Piggybacking on that, should I store my translite rolled up as it came shipped or should I store it flat? I left it in the tube hoping to get it autographed at the RZ show but security guards and complacency conspired against me. I'll try harder next time but until then?

#5160 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Piggybacking on that, should I store my translite rolled up as it came shipped or should I store it flat? I left it in the tube hoping to get it autographed at the RZ show but security guards and complacency conspired against me. I'll try harder next time but until then?

Translites, cabinet decals, cabinet repainting stencils, and anything else of this nature should ideally be stored flat.

#5161 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Translites, cabinet decals, cabinet repainting stencils, and anything else of this nature should ideally be stored flat.

Thanks, I had a feeling that was the answer.

#5162 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Would someone with the game be willing to measure the backglass? I'm considering a Swapbox for my translite, and it would be awesome if I could actually swap the two back and forth.

The back glass is 27"x20" while the translites are 27 1/8" x 20 1/8". It might be necessary to trim 1/8" from the top and side of the translite for it to fit in the back box. I am trying to arrange to take the translites I have for RZSSI LE and standard to a friend who already has his LE pin to see if they will fit without any trimming.

Here are Swap Boxes that I have built. I went with color changing LED's just like in the real pin. They look really good slowly fading between different colors. For LE owners just grab a standard translite from Spooky, and a Swap Box from me to swap the translite between your wall and pin. For standard owners grab the LE translite, and do the same.

I can't wait to get my RZSSI!

for more info. on Swap Box:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swap-box-introducing-a-new-game-roompinball-led-light-box-display

DSC00930_(resized).JPG
DSC00924_(resized).JPG
IMG_4483_(resized).JPG
DSC00923_(resized).JPG

#5163 3 years ago

I had my friends RZ here and it was surprisingly fun. The game felt really solid and played well. The game was terribly dark with the lights off. We brightened it up a ton. Unfortunately my iPhone camera makes everything look like crap and pink (it does not really look that way) . Before and after photos taken in absolute dark room. You can at least see the center playfield and the ball.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#5164 3 years ago

When you said you brightened it up a ton. Did you mean you turned the brightness up on the game? Or added more lights to the game on your own? Thanks Dave

#5165 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I had my friends RZ here and it was surprisingly fun. The game felt really solid and played well. The game was terribly dark with the lights off. We brightened it up a ton. Unfortunately my iPhone camera makes everything look like crap and pink (it does not really look that way) . Before and after photos taken in absolute dark room. You can at least see the center playfield and the ball.

Wow nice job!

#5166 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

those appear to be the stock lights in the first photo, correct?

i.e. not the LED factory upgrade

#5167 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yup... looks like you'll need to put a PinballBulbs kit for RZ! Looks good.

#5168 3 years ago

Looks like a pair of spots was added at the near end of the right wireframe but they're not on in the first pic. Guessing maybe a strip of LEDs on the underside of the backbox above the playfield? I like to play in the dark and I love bright pins but I'm gonna go slowly on this one... too much light might take away from the spooky factor. I did pick up some spots just in case though.

#5169 3 years ago
#5170 3 years ago

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The top photo was the stock lights. The bottom photo is with mu lighting added. There are two light strips, two 12v spotlights with intense bulbs and a fused power connector for the board.

#5171 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The top photo was the stock lights. The bottom photo is with mu lighting added. There are two light strips, two 12v spotlights with intense bulbs and a fused power connector for the board.

cool customization Markmon. stock too dim and your take is too bright for my personal taste. I'll get somewhere in between when I get mine!

Finally get to play it again today or tomorrow at SFGE here in ATL! Hoping for two things: to be able to hear game and that the game is receiving enough voltage from convention/hotel! Both wishful thinking probably

#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hoping for two things: to be able to hear game and that the game is receiving enough voltage from convention/hotel!

How about wishing for short lines too ?

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about wishing for short lines too ?

I accept that simply won't happen

#5174 3 years ago

Are the ball save timer and chop ball save timer separate settings?

#5175 3 years ago

chop save uses the save timer setting in the menu system

#5176 3 years ago

Would it be possible to separate the two? I'd like for my game on route to be set with a generous ball save for new players, however I don't want the chop savers to be incredibly long as well, because game times would get too long.

#5177 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Would it be possible to separate the two? I'd like for my game on route to be set with a generous ball save for new players, however I don't want the chop savers to be incredibly long as well, because game times would get too long.

You want the initial ball save to be separate from chop, correct?

#5178 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I also think this is a good idea.

#5179 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Correct.

#5181 3 years ago

Most of the day for RZ... The ball and a half I was able to play was alright. Couldn't hear shit though. Is there a lot of weld splatter on the wire forms of production run games?

0610162039_(resized).jpg

#5182 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Most of the day for RZ... The ball and a half I was able to play was alright. Couldn't hear shit though. Is there a lot of weld splatter on the site forms of production run games?

Yeah it's hard to hear the music at shows but you really can't judge the game at a shows because you don't get anuff time on it.

#5183 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Most of the day for RZ... The ball and a half I was able to play was alright. Couldn't hear shit though. Is there a lot of weld splatter on the wire forms of production run games?

Yea seems to be the case most the time i go to play amh or rz at shows....

#5184 3 years ago

Got my Rob Zombie setup.....going to see what is out there for mods.

Is there way to get the volume better...i got it set to 100....do i need to get different speakers?

The one on right is the #150 Americas Most Haunted and i have another on far left. COOL game...Love playing it. Just maybe need some advise on queaking the game.

20160611_010314_(resized).jpg
20160611_010329_(resized).jpg
20160611_010301_001_(resized).jpg
20160611_010256_(resized).jpg

#5185 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Got my Rob Zombie setup.....going to see what is out there for mods.
Is there way to get the volume better...i got it set to 100....do i need to get different speakers?
The one on right is the #150 Americas Most Haunted and i have another on far left. COOL game...Love playing it. Just maybe need some advise on queaking the game.

You likely need to adjust the amp in the cabinet.

#5186 3 years ago

Currently at SFGE this weekend (6/10/2016) and played ROB ZOMBIE once so far.
To form a real opinion of this game (like any other game) you've got to see it,
play it and really give it a test drive.
It's refreshing to play for me because the shorts are makeable and the balls coming back to the flippers
can be calculated but don't come back to the flippers the same way all the damn time type of predictable.
The "randomizing" factor of the middle playfield side slingshots add a variation to play that I truly welcome.
It's a good balance of make the shots and let the game do it's part too.
I got the House of 1000 corpses mode and it was a good balanced launch flow of balls to the playfield,
instead of balls just falling down all at once. Adding balls was totally doable during this mode.
In the end I got 641 corpses and a #3 place high score (photo posted to high scores board of this site later).
I don't recall getting through any modes and I didn't get to the upper playfield, so I've got many more
achievements to shoot for on this game.
I'd love to see this game in a record store or two in the world, that'd be rad and will shoot for more high scores today.

#5187 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Currently at SFGE this weekend and placed ROB ZOMBIE once so far.
To form a real opinion of this game (like any other game) you've got to see it,
play it and really give it a test drive.
It's refreshing to play for me because the shorts are makeable
but not come back to the flippers the same day way all damn way type of predictable.
The "randomizing" factor of the middle playfield side slingshots add a variation to play
that I truly welcome. It's a good balance of make the shots and let the game do it's part to.
I got the House of 1000 corpses mode and it was a good balanced launch flow of balls to the playfield,
until like balls just falling down all at once and adding balls was totally doable during this mode,
and in the end I got 641 corpses and a #3 place high score (photo posted to high scores board of this site later).
I'd love to see this game in a record store or two in the world, that'd be rad and will shoot for more high scores today.

Did you use google translator for this post?

#5188 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Did you use google translator for this post?

Did you just wake up and have nothing better to do in your life?
I just woke up, just posted this, just edited it while you were trying to be funny, have a nice day!

#5189 3 years ago

I got #24 setup last night right next to my AMH. The game looks stunning in person. That cabinet art puts my other machines to shame.

#5190 3 years ago

What are the available options and prices available for a standard(from Spooky). I've been looking on Spooky's site and this thread, but not having any luck

Thanks

#5191 3 years ago

Saw and played RZ for the first time yesterday at the RMPS. First impression before playing, not really much going on in playfield, too many slings. After playing, pleasantly surprised. Fast, fun, good animations, good music, multiball frenzy and I liked it. Helped that I had a really good game but none the less, really fun to play.

#5192 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

What are the available options and prices available for a standard(from Spooky). I've been looking on Spooky's site and this thread, but not having any luck
Thanks

They have been sold out for a very long time unfortunately.

#5193 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

They have been sold out for a very long time unfortunately.

I know, picking one up from someone, just wanted to know total available options.

#5194 3 years ago

From this point forward RZSSI should be recognized as RZ$$. After playing a dozen games of RZ$$ this weekend I found it super fun. Everyone I spoke with afterwards either had a smile on their face or said they liked the pin. Probably the unique bouncy action, interesting modes, great music, art, toys, blah blah blah. It wasn't intuitive what to do, so hoping for more a/v cues to be programmed yet. RZ$$ is the real deal.

#5195 3 years ago

You can't play this game without the sound. This game has the best and most hilarious audio of any pin by far.

#5196 3 years ago

Thanks

A standard from Spooky would have been $6,000. Same price as AMH was.

#5197 3 years ago

I know, picking one up from someone, just wanted to know total available options.

Here is the message I got from Kayte regarding the available options:

Ghost Buster Premium LED Upgrade light kit $80
5 Piece Plastic Protector Kit $20

From Matt at Back Alley Creations

Set of 3 light up toys

Rob's Robot Mascot with Glowing Eyes
Light up Dead City Radio Boom Box
Captain Spaulding's Famous Fried Chicken, Freshly Fried and glowing!

Now available to be installed in your game at the factory for a limited time price of $200. That price is available till May9th, all orders after that will be at the full price of $240.

#5198 3 years ago

Played RZ and AMH this weekend at the Denver show. Have also played AMH many times at other places. I really like it a lot. I just really don't care for the RZ theme at all and wouldn't want to own one. However was glad to get to play it as always great to try a new game especially from a unique company. Will admit they've produced two very interesting games, but prefer the campy humor, playfield and many other things of AMH over RZ. That said for those who really like RZ and perhaps for some who are neutral I can see this being fun.

#5199 3 years ago

I got to play RZ this weekend, was overall pleased with the game. I'll go over several thoughts.

The whole game presentation is amazing. The sound effects are some of the best I've heard on a pinball game, and the sound system it has will fill the biggest room in the biggest house in the world, in perfect clarity. The color display animations are great as is the color changing translite, but both come across fairly dim in a well lit environment, particularly the LCD display.. I noticed it in videos and pics, and it's definitely no brighter in person. In a dark room, the translite and display may be just fine, but then the playfield brightness comes into play. Fortunately that's resolvable as many have shown with brighter LEDs and/or spotlights. AMH LCD is dim too, but it's a green display with ghosts, so one can certainly argue both games are suppose to be dark and spooky, but I would like to be able to turn up the display brightness more than I've seen so far.

My primary uncertainty focused on game play... particularly is it too random? Fortunately I do not feel it is a brutal game... ball times are medium length, lots of people were starting multiballs including 1000 corpses, and the upper slings don't do anything dangerous... all feeds back to the flippers are fully controllable. The way 1000 corpses feeds balls to the playfield is perfect... not too many too fast like every other game... nice touch. Iron Man is definitely more brutal than RZ. With that out of the way, the success and longevity of the game rests entirely in the rules, but with only a handful of plays I have little feedback in that area.

The particular game at the RMPS had issues every other time I walked up to the game over the weekend, primarily due to a bad flipper assembly. Considering the other flipper never had issues, we have to assume it's an isolated thing, as by the end of the show the game was playing perfect. Once a ball got stuck on a plastic in front of the robot, but that may have not been an issue if the robot moved during a ball search (The robot was not working in this game). Another time a ball went missing and the game was just stuck... and a glass off search never actually found the ball and after several minutes the game was ok again, so maybe a trough issue? The good news is that there were 2 AMH's at the show played non-stop the entire weekend without a single issue that I saw. I've seen both GB and TH down on location with various issues in their first week, so making a bulletproof location game out of the box is an industry wide issue.

Ultimately everyone I talked to really enjoyed looking at and playing the game.

#5200 3 years ago

The rules couldn't be in any better hands. Fawzma and Chuck, KT, all of Spooky are awesome, responsive, and receptive to all reasonable feedback. Spoke with team a fair amount this weekend in SFGE in Atlanta.

When Fawzma is done revising, I'm confident players will be thrilled. My early fav mode is Demonoid Phenomenon (hit every essentially every single switch on the table)

Note that this game with all of its slings and pops will play dramatically different with pitch adjustments. It was very steep (Chuck said it was about 8.0) at SFGE and in some ways a little easier because of it, there is less horizontal danger with that much steepness. Also skillshot was harder because ball was prone to falling down on its way to first sling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 10472 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside