2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 223.
#5101 7 years ago

In the video mode driving the car. It feels like the first few seconds of that song with just the organ need to be trimmed? Feels like an awkward silence with just the hum of the car, organ playing, and splatting after coming from the noise packed action of the regular gameplay. I feel like the video mode would be better if the music started where the beat kicks in. Or maybe a voice over there for a few seconds from Rob describing what to do like "Mow down as many monsters as you can!!!".

In this video flip to the 53 second mark. The beat of the song really then kicks in at 1:03. I don't suppose RZ would allow trimming the opening of the song?

#5102 7 years ago

In fact, the whole video mode sound looks like a fuckin DE midi tune.

#5103 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

In fact, the whole video mode sound looks like a fuckin DE midi tune.

It appears that video game sounding midi tune is the intent and I'm guessing after several mos, yrs of playing the game it's gonna be nice to have that little break from the actual rockin RZ songs. I like it.

#5104 7 years ago

Was there supposed to be 2 spotlights added? Do any of the delivered pins have this?

#5105 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

It appears that video game sounding midi tune is the intent and I'm guessing after several mos, yrs of playing the game it's gonna be nice to have that little break from the actual rockin RZ songs. I like it.

It just feels like a very awkward transition into the video mode (and out of for that matter.) A bit clunky. Also, I see the message "Use flippers to steer" but there is another message after that (directions I presume) that flash by way too quickly. So a call out from Rob would be really cool as I suggested above. Definitely needs a bit better song in there though IMO.

#5106 7 years ago

The song is Dragula, and it's meant to be retro and 8-bit sounding based on the loading screens and video. Sounds perfect to me.

#5107 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The song is Dragula, and it's meant to be retro and 8-bit sounding based on the loading screens and video. Sounds perfect to me.

How is "retro and 8-bit sounding" fit perfectly with the rest of the game and theme? It's really the transition into the mode that seems most awkward to me. You go from adrenaline action to awkward 8-10 seconds of relative quiet and no lights.

#5108 7 years ago

I don't think you've played much pinball if you are expecting smooth transitions between every mode or feature. Sometimes a little abruptness is welcome.

#5109 7 years ago

I'd rather go with the roar of metal guitars and the pounding of power drums at 11!

#5110 7 years ago

vidoe mode is cool, Retro 80's feel to it. Its cheesy fun all in one!

#5111 7 years ago

I love the video mode as well!

#5112 7 years ago

You can't please everyone. I'm not a fan of video modes, but this one looks fun, and I love the low res version of Dragula in this context.

#5113 7 years ago

Again. Not complaining. I love the video mode as well. It's not the mode. It's only the transition into the mode I'm referring to. Clunky IMO. Just suggesting things to polish.

#5114 7 years ago

The video mode is cool and is the retro intent. Alex Horley grave blades would look great on the inside of the pin.

#5115 7 years ago

i like the video mode

#5116 7 years ago

Dig the flashers on the PF that interact with roadkills...

#5117 7 years ago

Is there an option to turn off those fake dots to make the display look like a DMD? If there isn't, there should be.

#5118 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Again. Not complaining. I love the video mode as well. It's not the mode. It's only the transition into the mode I'm referring to. Clunky IMO. Just suggesting things to polish.

I tend to agree with this.

The issue is "8-bit" music needs to start as soon as the mode begins. Right now when the playfeld does it animation and show instructions, it still playing the normal music.

Adding this to V007 update, thinking by the time the mode really starts, the good part of the beat starts.

#5119 7 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Dig the flashers on the PF that interact with roadkills...

Not the flashers but the RGB, I can add flashers to the effect.. note added

#5120 7 years ago

#26 is ready on Saturday.

#5121 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Is there an option to turn off those fake dots to make the display look like a DMD? If there isn't, there should be.

There is a settings to change the shape of the dots.. one of them is a square setting.

#5122 7 years ago

Most likely picking up #29 on Tuesday.

#5123 7 years ago

Also, I stand corrected. "Tutti fucking fruity" is in fact in the game

#5124 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I have had this discussion before here and some disagree, but - there is no luck in pinball. The skill shot on RZ is entirely dependent on factors such as slope of game, speed of plunge, friction coefficient of playfield, etc, but not one element of "luck" or "randomness". Why do many relate difficult shots or complex algorithms to randomness or luck? There are no such things.

I'll start a new thread to discuss luck vs. skill in pro sports, so that you can being to see how other people might use the term "luck" in pinball. Perhaps the discussion will help you realize why some like the skill AND luck model to describe games.

-mof

#5125 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

How is "retro and 8-bit sounding" fit perfectly with the rest of the game and theme? It's really the transition into the mode that seems most awkward to me. You go from adrenaline action to awkward 8-10 seconds of relative quiet and no lights.

Because we can't get hi-def images on our display... so Ben Heck made the video mode look like a retro NES game. David & David put the effects and Dragula (8-bit version) music together... personally, when I saw it (I had no idea how it was going to be) I freakin' loved the Dragula NES sound! Ben did an awesome job on that mode, because Ben is awesome like that.

Game #36 is done and in the box for those keeping score. 5 more games from #24 to #31 are on the dock waiting for today's truck. The rest of the 50 LE's are on stands in final testing.

100_4413_(resized).JPG100_4413_(resized).JPG

100_4412_(resized).JPG100_4412_(resized).JPG

100_4411_(resized).JPG100_4411_(resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5126 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Game #36 is done and in the box for those keeping score. 5 more games from #24 to #31 are on the dock waiting for today's truck. The rest of the 50 LE's are on stands in final testing.

Wow! Busy little bees, you guys are.

#5127 7 years ago

Because we can't get hi-def images on our display... so Ben Heck made the video mode look like a retro NES game. David & David put the effects and Dragula (8-bit version) music together... personally, when I saw it (I had no idea how it was going to be) I freakin' loved the Dragula NES sound! Ben did an awesome job on that mode, because Ben is awesome like that.

Do you get a TFTC playfield with every order? I see a really nice one in the lower left corner of that pic.

#5128 7 years ago

Wow, I hope the next pin is well into development. Looks like RZ is going to be shipping a good amount ahead of schedule. Looking forward to getting my RZ and seeing what comes next!!

#5129 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Do you get a TFTC playfield with every order? I see a really nice one in the lower left corner of that pic.

Lol... no. But I do hope to see my son put that thing back together so we can play it again someday!!! Where's Bryan Kelly?! Get yer a** down here and help Bug out old dude!

#5130 7 years ago

Where's Bryan Kelly?! Get yer a** down here and help Bug out old dude!

He is right here at 4:11, but you know since you made sure he was in there:

- Brad

#5131 7 years ago

Lol... no. But I do hope to see my son put that thing back together so we can play it again someday!!! Where's Bryan Kelly?! Get yer a** down here and help Bug out old dude!

Listen, asshole, I've done a Creature and 2 TAFG's since I sent you that playfield. I can't help it if the bug has no attention span!!

#5132 7 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

He is right here at 4:11, but you know since you made sure he was in there:
» YouTube video
- Brad

I hadn't heard that one, Brad. I have to admit, I have been known to tilt a game or two.

#5133 7 years ago

I saw this in person when I picked up my game a month or 2 back.......it looks awesome...

Just listed on Pinball Life's website....

Screenshot_20160602-172408_(resized).pngScreenshot_20160602-172408_(resized).png

#5134 7 years ago

WoW you guys are kicking ass at that rate ill have mine end of summer

#5135 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I saw this in person when I picked up my game a month or 2 back.......it looks awesome...

Cool and its only 300.00 ......

#5136 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Ordered. About time the mods started rolling out. More than happy to support Dezwarte's along with Emery's.

Will I be able to get it powder coated later is the question...

#5137 7 years ago

Matt has some stuff in the works as well.......just a matter of time and the goods will be out I'd imagine.

Yeah them Emery's, Dezwarte's and Reisterer's are some nice peeps that's for sure....along with a few others.

#5138 7 years ago

Thought I'd offer a few thoughts and suggestions after a few weeks with the game. It's fun and I've noticed some improvements in build since the early days. Honestly I didn't expect to keep it very long, but right now I have no plans to sell it and it already sent another new game packing. The game has a good code set so far, it just needs some tweaks.

Suggestions/opportunities for mods:
1) it needs beefier drop target brackets - you can bend them down to reduce airballs and watch them bend back on the next shot. I intend on putting some bracing between the bracket and the hole in the PF to try to improve this.
2) There needs to be some more protection to keep balls on the ramp. For example, there are a couple places were something like the Metallica Habit Trail mod could really be of use, I just need to figure out exactly where (no body likes sneeze guards. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/met-mod-bye-bye-ugly-ramp-plastic
3) Ball sticks in the back of the orbit and inside the DR SATAN shot. These don't always come out without a tilt. I don't think these will be terrible to fix once they are figured out.

Software wishes/bugs - using v6:
1) progressive skill shot - since the shot is more of a "luck" shot, maybe giving a progressive reward would be nice - a few points for #1, more for #2, and lots for #3.
2) Extra ball - the only way I've gotten it lit is to make the skill shot. I don't think the skill shot should award that in the first place, but I hope there is another way.
3) I completed Dragula mode then opted for the video mode, but the insert did not light.
4) 1000 corpse multiball - after I went back to single ball play I couldn't start it again - the drop stayed down and could not get locks.
5) Scores need lots of balancing. You can do lots of hard work for virtually no points. Right now there seems to be no insentive to do anything but the Living Dead Girl add-a-ball.
6) Jackpots, and more scores in general, need to show up on the DMD. Without taking the glass off it's really hard to figure out how you are scoring!
7) more movement adjustment for spalding in the software to set the close and the open position would be nice.
_8) individual sling strength control would be good too - The bottom slings are too strong and create airballs but I don't want to dial back the others.

There may very well be some user error in my suggestions above.

Hope this didn't come across too negative, those waiting have something to look forward to, that's for sure.

#5139 7 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Software wishes/bugs:
1) progressive skill shot - since the shot is more of a "luck" shot, maybe giving a progressive reward would be nice - a few points for #1, more for #2, and lots for #3.

A couple people have suggested this and I like it. But maybe I'm not understanding the 3 bounces here. I thought #1 was no switch at all, it just bounces off the rubber back towards the sling on the right, no? How do you account for #1 without #2?

Happy to see all suggestions and hopefully Spooky considers them all.

#5140 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

A couple people have suggested this and I like it. But maybe I'm not understanding the 3 bounces here. I thought #1 was no switch at all, it just bounces off the rubber back towards the sling on the right, no? How do you account for #1 without #2?

#1 is a sling as well!

Speaking of skill shots, I've been meaning to pick up a lighter congo/TZ type shooter spring to see if that puts a little more skill in the skill:luck ratio.

#5141 7 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

#1 is a sling as well!
Speaking of skill shots, I've been meaning to pick up a lighter congo/TZ type shooter spring to see if that puts a little more skill in the skill:luck ratio.

Ahh, okay. So #1 is the big sling on the left side of the playfield? And where is #2 and #3? Where are the players directions to know what to shoot for? I don't recall any animation on the display or flashing lights on the playfield? It's not clear to me at all. Any suggestions for making this much clearer to a player?

#5142 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

Ahh, okay. So #1 is the big sling on the left side of the playfield? And where is #2 and #3? Where are the players directions to know what to shoot for? I don't recall any animation on the display or flashing lights on the playfield? It's not clear to me at all. Any suggestions for making this much clearer to a player?

Just listened to Charlie's explanation on the skill shot in a vid. Left sling, right sling, either pop bumper (although even during his explanation everyone seemed surprised what it was). Got it. But that is not clear at all to a player just stepping up to the game. Could there be a call out or an animation that better explains it? Also, does it still light "extra ball" if you make the skill shot? That does seem like a pretty hefty reward for a shot that is only so much "skill" as others have noted. Not very balanced there IMO.

#5143 7 years ago

1 - in the works
2 - i'll be adding another opportunity when you complete 3+ modes and or get a certain score
3 - Will fix
4 - currently you can only play this mode once per ball. I'll have to consider a way to re-qualify with the same ball.
5 - one solution then would be to reduce the score on LDG in this case. I do have plans for collecting things while in all modes, which will be presented during EOB.
6 - I'll look into this more.
7 - Already has open adjustments, will look into full close adjustments.
8 - I can add this in.

Quoted from btw75:

Software wishes/bugs - using v6:
2) Extra ball - the only way I've gotten it lit is to make the skill shot. I don't think the skill shot should award that in the first place, but I hope there is another way.
3) I completed Dragula mode then opted for the video mode, but the insert did not light.
4) 1000 corpse multiball - after I went back to single ball play I couldn't start it again - the drop stayed down and could not get locks.
5) Scores need lots of balancing. You can do lots of hard work for virtually no points. Right now there seems to be no insentive to do anything but the Living Dead Girl add-a-ball.
6) Jackpots, and more scores in general, need to show up on the DMD. Without taking the glass off it's really hard to figure out how you are scoring!
7) more movement adjustment for spalding in the software to set the close and the open position would be nice.
_8) individual sling strength control would be good too - The bottom slings are too strong and create airballs but I don't want to dial back the others.

#5144 7 years ago

Here's a topper for someones RZ Its one of the helmets from the "Well, Everybody's Fucking in a UFO" music video.

ebay.com link: itm

s-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(resized).jpg

s-l16_(resized).jpgs-l16_(resized).jpg

s-l162_(resized).jpgs-l162_(resized).jpg

#5145 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

4 - currently you can only play this mode once per ball. I'll have to consider a way to re-qualify with the same ball..

What about the standard way? It's hard enough, but you could make it harder if you want by increasing number of times to get drop down maybe.

Thanks for all your work / consideration of my comments.

#5146 7 years ago

LE #20 sitting in my garage, the painful wait until I have help to move it down tonight.

20160602_221331_(resized).jpg20160602_221331_(resized).jpg

#5147 7 years ago

This topper looks badass on my machine....

Available now from Laseriffic.com

FB_IMG_1464978426128_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1464978426128_(resized).jpg

#5148 7 years ago

I usually don't like his toppers, but this one's cool!

#5149 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

This topper looks badass on my machine....
Available now from Laseriffic.com

Do that topper blood red and that's a winner!

#5150 7 years ago

We already have someone selling a RZ machine on pinside and they dont even have it yet.
$ 9500

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanted
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.