2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 223.
#5051 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I 2nd that and tons of electronics are made in china anyway. Yeah they could go out and put in a $$$ amp but if they did things like that get ready for hobbit pricing

At the end of the day, that amp is all a pinball machine needs. You could go put a $5000 Class A valve amp in there if you want, but what's the point?

Sorta like putting fancy $300 speakers in a Stern pin and having them being driven by the standard 4w Stern amp.

rd

#5052 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I've played around with a number of those "cheap Chinese" amps and they're really impressive for what they are. I intend to try adding a CMOY amp for a headphone jack in my RZ so I can drive some decent cans and I've used the Lepai amps for various projects in the past few years. The audio quality they're capable of is significantly higher than you're ever going to be able to appreciate considering you're using a pinball cabinet as a driver enclosure. You could spend a lot more than the $20-ish these amps go for but unless you were going to put a lot more thought into the cabinet construction, I'd be surprised if you'd ever hear an improvement.
Would be interesting to try though... if the trend of music-themed pins continues, I could totally see a side market for the high-fi audio equivalent of Pinball Refinery's services. The Clair Brothers of pinball, anyone?

Yeah, I have used several of them over the years. They do pretty good. Wife banned all of them from the kitchen setup, though, due to tinny sound and they weren't quite able to drive anything above very small speakers. Driving the sub in the pinball machine is probably having overconfidence in it.

/Nicholas

#5053 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Tweaked in it is fast and furious. There is nothing to really slow the ball down anywhere.

The ultimate flow game?

#5054 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The ultimate flow game?

The ultimate reaction based gameplay.

#5055 7 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

The ultimate reaction based gameplay.

Just what we need, another undefinable game play term!

#5056 7 years ago

#12 arrives today, any tips on set up to feel the full RZ love?

#5057 7 years ago

Small gaps between pop and sling switches. Adjust the VUK coil power to the upper playfield as need to get it to hit the little flipper. Take it out of family mode obviously. You can turn up the brightness on the display, it didn't help much but I did it anyway. I would check the connections in the backbox and make sure nothing came loose during shipping. The game will come with a sheet of mylar, I didn't apply any to the main playfield, but I cut a piece and added it to the shooter lane where the balls kick out. The other thing you can do, cut a piece of mylar for under the lock down bar on the sides where it comes into contact of the rails, the rubbing can make that looks bad over time.

Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

#12 arrives today, any tips on set up to feel the full RZ love?

#5058 7 years ago

Oh Yeah I want to tell you about Dead City Radio man and the New Gods of Supertown......

20160531_130640_(resized).jpg20160531_130640_(resized).jpg

#5059 7 years ago

First few games good so far!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5060 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

First few games good so far!

1)
yo Fawzmagames, suggestion, I don't know for sure from my handful of games on an earlier version of code, but glancing at pic above, may I suggest anywhere where there is scores, use comma formatting.

###### vs ###,###

Thanks... this wait isn't getting any easier!

#5061 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

1)
yo Fawzmagames, suggestion, I don't know for sure from my handful of games on an earlier version of code, but glancing at pic above, may I suggest anywhere where there is scores, use comma formatting.
###### vs ###,###

Good observation and I agree. FYI, for those with games Fawzma announced this morning V 006 of code is now available:

V006
added extra protection to servo driver routine to prevent positions going beyond limits
What! mode total score resets to zero when mode starts.
Demon Multiball changed to eject 3, you can still add a ball
SuperBeast Multiball changed to eject 2
Removed multiball settings from menu (they didn't set anything anyway)
What! skeeball game removed for the time being. Needs more stop post testing and graphics.

#5062 7 years ago

Where do we go to get the update?

#5063 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

1)
###### vs ###,###

I'll add this to the wish list.

#5064 7 years ago

Team Spooky is getting it done. I applaud your steady and consistent ability to deliver RZSSI LE games to date. As you begin to jack the manufacturing speed, don't worry about going too fast. Bad stuff almost never happens.

edit** watching full scene explains why Lucy is doing what she does and also shows her boss to be petty and demanding. She's kind of a douchebag

#5065 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Team Spooky is getting it done. I applaud your steady and consistent ability to deliver RZSSI LE games to date. As you begin to jack the manufactuing speed, don't worry about going too fast. Bad stuff almost never happens. » YouTube video

Silly question but, is RZSSI really going to be the official acronym of this game? Is just plain RZ already taken? I haven't seen this noted before.

#5066 7 years ago

Call it what you want. To me it's RZ.

#5067 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think it's both. Most changes are his ideas and vision from the start but I know Lyman has taken suggestions from the Sharpe's and other tourney players regarding score balancing and tournament strategies .

David took tons of feedback on Zombie - he was there watching play for most of the MGC time - every time I walked by he was there talking to players or those who just played. He is very open, and has learned a ton about what people are using as strategies and what complaints or feedback, both from newbies and experienced players alike.

David comes from a gaming background, and Charlie knows a good game of pinball rules - I'm impressed with David's quick learning on how pinball players think. No worries about depth, or glitches - bugs or scoring exploits won't last long

#5068 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Very simple.
1. Collect reports of games shipping and plot the date vs game number.
2. Generate a linear trendline.
3. Use the trendline to "predict" when other games may ship.
Here's a picture:

I'm not really "banking" on anything, and I'm hoping they can get them out faster, but Spooky's own estimate was 12-18 months for all of the games. We're still so early on that any single data point can cause wild swings in the trendline. Without GAP's point, the outlook was much more bleak, putting #300 at 3/7/2018. That's why I say it's too early for it to predict an accurate trend. There's too little data, and we have to extrapolate too far into the future, not to mention that production may not be linear at all.

I'm a numbers guy too. Did the same graph with AMH, and its not linear - the first 75 were at 2-3 per week, the last 75 were hitting 5 a week. The original estimate was shortened by at least 3 months.

RZ will probably start at much higher per week than AMH, and I expect will only go up in the weekly rate as they optimize the new space.

#5069 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Very simple.
1. Collect reports of games shipping and plot the date vs game number.
2. Generate a linear trendline.
3. Use the trendline to "predict" when other games may ship.
Here's a picture:

I'm not really "banking" on anything, and I'm hoping they can get them out faster, but Spooky's own estimate was 12-18 months for all of the games. We're still so early on that any single data point can cause wild swings in the trendline. Without GAP's point, the outlook was much more bleak, putting #300 at 3/7/2018. That's why I say it's too early for it to predict an accurate trend. There's too little data, and we have to extrapolate too far into the future, not to mention that production may not be linear at all.

I'm #42 and KT said this week or next. That will bend the line some!

#5070 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm #42 and KT said this week or next. That will bend the line some!

Holy Smoley! What week of production will end of next week be?

#5071 7 years ago

Is there a way to turn off the automatic launch feature from the shooter lane during a multiplayer game?

We had a few balls launched while we were waiting for the player to return to the game for their turn.

#5072 7 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Is there a way to turn off the automatic launch feature from the shooter lane during a multiplayer game?
We had a few balls launched while we were waiting for the player to return to the game for their turn.

Check your lane switch. I actually have code that prevents any auto launching from happening until the skillshot is a success/fail (3 tries).

And are you talking about when a new ball is loaded and waiting?

Also, what version are you at?

#5073 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

RZ tweaked in is amazing.
I set ball save to 6 seconds and tweaked in slings and pops. Also dialed sound in by lowering sub woofer and putting music up to 92.
We probably put 50 games on it yesterday.

Did you get the skill shot possible?
I haven't figured out the right set up. I've haven't even been able to get it with the glass off rolling the ball into the sling.

#5074 7 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I haven't figured out the right set up. I've haven't even been able to get it with the glass off rolling the ball into the sling.

You usually get when you aren't trying

#5075 7 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

skillshot shoudl be called "random luck shot" no real skill from what I can tell and pretty silly just random factor. I guess it is supposed to feel cool when you randomly get it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5076 7 years ago

I have had this discussion before here and some disagree, but - there is no luck in pinball. The skill shot on RZ is entirely dependent on factors such as slope of game, speed of plunge, friction coefficient of playfield, etc, but not one element of "luck" or "randomness". Why do many relate difficult shots or complex algorithms to randomness or luck? There are no such things.

#5077 7 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I can pull off two hits on the skill shot with the factory settings. I haven't managed 3 yet!

#5078 7 years ago

I think the skill shot needs to be made easier, Ive played 100 games and still have not gotten it. The more the game breaks in the slower the game gets, make it even harder. I try to get the skill shot on every plunge and no success. There is skill involved, because you have to plunge the ball perfectly, but more luck than skill as I see it. Love the game. Just needs code tweaks

#5079 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Check your lane switch. I actually have code that prevents any auto launching from happening until the skillshot is a success/fail (3 tries).
And are you talking about when a new ball is loaded and waiting?
Also, what version are you at?

Will do when I get back home. Yes, I am talking about when a ball is loaded into the shooter lane. To confirm, you are talking about shooter lane switch, correct? If so, I do know it seems to be working correctly because I get sound fx when the ball clears the switch.

Version? I am not exactly sure as I am not with the game. I have whatever version shipped with the game and I am number 13.

Thank you for the assistance.....Loren

#5080 7 years ago

Is anyone one having an issue with a ball getting stuck behind the drop target and it not being able to clear during the ball search?

#5081 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I have had this discussion before here and some disagree, but - there is no luck in pinball. The skill shot on RZ is entirely dependent on factors such as slope of game, speed of plunge, friction coefficient of playfield, etc, but not one element of "luck" or "randomness". Why do many relate difficult shots or complex algorithms to randomness or luck? There are no such things.

I try to refrain from this but I can't resist:

lol- cmon dude- no matter what you think, the luck is in the MINUTIA of details
at an atomic level. Now Is luck a big part? not typically, depends on the game! Magnets in modern pinball operate on chaos theory, not a player's control or understanding of the table. Sparky, Magneto, Tron disc, etc can throw the ball wherever and whenever it wants. Avoid magnets? sure, just not fun and fun is the point.

The gravity, weather patterns, tectonic plate activity, etc etc are all impacting the slope, friction, character of the wood or coating, impacting the switches, impacting the springs etc etc. Pro's do a better job of maximizing accuracy and control on varying games and in varying environments. They adapt quicker and are able to repeat the portions of play which are "controllable". But no game I've ever seen has allowed the player to have 100% control, otherwise I believe some pro would still be playing the same game they started a couple years ago. The ball is designed to go in the drain.

#5082 7 years ago

I don't have my game yet, so maybe RZ already does this, but...it could be programmed to have a skill shot much akin to The Hobbit rollover skill shot, which awards partial points for hitting "some" of the shot. Which is to say, if you hit the 1 it is 1 million points, if you hit 1-2 then its 3 million points and if you hit 1-2-3 its 10 millions points (or whatever scoring as I have no idea yet what the scoring is like on RZ - my only point being that the point award is exponential).

#5083 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I don't have my game yet, so maybe RZ already does this, but...it could be programmed to have a skill shot much akin to The Hobbit rollover skill shot, which awards partial points for hitting "some" of the shot. Which is to say, if you hit the 1 it is 1 million points, if you hit 1-2 then its 3 million points and if you hit 1-2-3 its 10 millions points (or whatever scoring as I have no idea yet what the scoring is like on RZ - my only point being that the point award is exponential).

I did have this on an earlier version and has since been changed to its original design (what we have today). It's all or nothing with this skillshot.

#5084 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

skill shot on RZ is entirely dependent on factors such as slope of game, speed of plunge, friction coefficient of playfield, etc, but not one element of "luck" or "randomness".

when the physical mechanisims combine to the point where skill is so small, that is luck.

If it is skill then you should be able to practice on a game and after a reaosnable amount of time start to increase the number of times you make the shot in total attempts. Reality is the current skillshot is more luck than skill. Toss on that the factors impacting this particular skillshot have large variability that impacts trajectory and speed greatly from minor environmental changes (i.e. the tolerance of required skill is too tight for realistic environmental settings) so a simple thing like nudging between balls may ever so slightly change the physical factors impacting the skillshot = more luck than skill.

Nothing wrong with making a luck shot because it is still sweet and fun when you do get it. However, it is also not much fun when 100 games in you have not hit it once.

#5085 7 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Is anyone one having an issue with a ball getting stuck behind the drop target and it not being able to clear during the ball search?

I put the drop target in the search routine anyway even though it won't clear it. Give it a nudge.

#5086 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I try to refrain from this but I can't resist:
lol- cmon dude- no matter what you think, the luck is in the MINUTIA of details
at an atomic level. Now Is luck a big part? not typically, depends on the game! Magnets in modern pinball operate on chaos theory, not a player's control or understanding of the table. Sparky, Magneto, Tron disc, etc can throw the ball wherever and whenever it wants. Avoid magnets? sure, just not fun and fun is the point.
The gravity, weather patterns, tectonic plate activity, etc etc are all impacting the slope, friction, character of the wood or coating, impacting the switches, impacting the springs etc etc. Pro's do a better job of maximizing accuracy and control on varying games and in varying environments. They adapt quicker and are able to repeat the portions of play which are "controllable". But no game I've ever seen has allowed the player to have 100% control, otherwise I believe some pro would still be playing the same game they started a couple years ago. The ball is designed to go in the drain.

I'll agree with you on the magnets since they are computer programmed to be random. But the rest, again, it is all science. That is not to say that pinball is easy - just because its all skill or that supercomputers could figure out the ball trajectory if given all the requisite info is not the same as "easy." The best billiards players in the world miss shots too, or do you think that game is also luck?

#5087 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I have had this discussion before here and some disagree, but - there is no luck in pinball. The skill shot on RZ is entirely dependent on factors such as slope of game, speed of plunge, friction coefficient of playfield, etc, but not one element of "luck" or "randomness".

While I understand what you are saying there are most definitely elements of randomness in pinball... for example when a magnet flings a ball the player has no control of the direction, which could result in STDM or outlane drain. If there is no magnet your argument becomes more valid as most behaviors can be attributed to aim... "You know, if you didn't flip the flipper at that instant, hitting the ball 1/2 inch up on the middle right bumper at 3.97 mph it wouldn't have bounced off the right ramp standup, hit the top of the sling, and into the outlane. Now if it had been waxed 10 games prior you would have been fine!"

RZ skill shot is definitely a step up from the common (and lazy) top lane selector design which requires no skill to achieve in 99% of ball plunges.

#5088 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I think the skill shot needs to be made easier, Ive played 100 games and still have not gotten it. The more the game breaks in the slower the game gets, make it even harder. I try to get the skill shot on every plunge and no success. There is skill involved, because you have to plunge the ball perfectly, but more luck than skill as I see it. Love the game. Just needs code tweaks

How could the skill shot be made easier at this point? Just curious if you have an idea in mind. And do you have suggestions for other "code tweaks" that you think the game needs? I like hearing people's ideas and seeing them get worked into the code.

#5089 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

when the physical mechanisims combine to the point where skill is so small, that is luck.

Is there any chance at all that you might be over thinking something like this? I've hit the skill shot half a dozen times. I can hit the first goal (upper left sling) about 1 in 10. It's a skill shot... with a little luck.

Let's look at it this way... the odds of that one sperm in millions hitting the egg, and ending up as Hilton (or any of us) is PURE LUCK. That doesn't mean that we can't enjoy life right? That doesn't make living and playing pinball any less fun does it?.

Oh, I'm about to walk over and final test your game Hilton. Feel free to come pick it up whenever!

#5090 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I'll agree with you on the magnets since they are computer programmed to be random. But the rest, again, it is all science. That is not to say that pinball is easy - just because its all skill or that supercomputers could figure out the ball trajectory if given all the requisite info is not the same as "easy." The best billiards players in the world miss shots too, or do you think that game is also luck?

correct, it is mostly science- however, does the player have the time or ability to measure the ongoing wear of the switches, pops, rubbers, Gravity, etc.

billiards is almost no luck, no pops, no switches, no magnets, not as much wear as a pb machine..., just tiny amount from physical conditions

#5091 7 years ago

I personally like how hard it is to make the skill shot. It forces you to try it every time and put some effort into it!

As for the drop target, it can get back there fairly easily, but mine has only hung up there once that I remember. A small nudge should fix it or maybe adjust the game angle?

#5092 7 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

How could the skill shot be made easier at this point? Just curious if you have an idea in mind. And do you have suggestions for other "code tweaks" that you think the game needs? I like hearing people's ideas and seeing them get worked into the code.

I like the idea of partial point reward for hitting 1, more for 2, and more for 3.

I think also the damage to the robot shuodl carry over between balls.

Hitting 1 is skill, 1+2 takes more skill with more luck, 1+2+3 takes heaps of skill or more likely luck.

Altering code to provide some reward for partial skillshot completion would be cool and help level out the game play of that feature. I would likely also make a robot "kill" be either 1+2+3 in a single ball or 4 hits in total over the game.

For example 1 = 1 mil
1+2 = 3 mil
1+2+3 = 6 mil plus defeat the robot for a bonus 4 mil.

Ball 1 you get 1+2 = 3 mil
Ball 2 you get 1 = 1 mil
Ball 3 you get 1 = 1 mil plus you got the 4th needed hot for the 4 mil bonus kill.

points and # may need some tweaking over time but this is how I would improve upon the current idea.

#5093 7 years ago

I have about 30 games in, I've hit all three shots three or four times. Non pinball people hit it a couple times. Really guys, it's not that hard.

#5094 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Oh, I'm about to walk over and final test your game Hilton. Feel free to come pick it up whenever!

Can I give a swift kick first.

#5095 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Feel free to come pick it up whenever!

#26 for those thacking trajectory of build.

#5096 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#26 for those thacking trajectory of build.

What week in production are we? They started around May 1, right???

#5097 7 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Once I leveled the game that mostly went away - now in the rare time it sticks a slight nudge will send it down. It's really a non-issue for me now. I get most sticks from behind - either in the center back of the orbit in a flat spot that I hope to modify somehow, or somewhere under the upper PF but I haven't figured out where exactly yet, but most of those can be recovered with a slap to the backside of the cab.

#5098 7 years ago

I got the notice that #24 ships tomorrow.

#5099 7 years ago

Curious-
How many and where are the game's flasher bulbs? I see a dome in back left corner.

#5100 7 years ago

Does anyone else wish for more GI on this baby?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 210.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.