2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 223.
#5001 7 years ago

You guys are hilarious. Even if you could compute exactly when you'll get your game, then what? I'll get mine when I get it.

#5002 7 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You guys are hilarious. Even if you could compute exactly when you'll get your game, then what? I'll get mine when I get it.

just having some fun. Some dorky guys around here that like to do things like graph out trajectory of botique pinball manufacturing.

#5003 7 years ago

I got my email for #24 the other day.

#5004 7 years ago

Do we know if RZSI will be at SFGE? I see that Charlie will be there, but see nothing certain on any Spooky games.

#5005 7 years ago

At least no one is complaining. A refreshing change from other threads.

#5006 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

At least no one is complaining. A refreshing change from other threads.

It's amazing how that works when you have a company with great customer service that's actually shipping games!

Jaz

#5007 7 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

It's amazing how that works when you have a company with great customer service that's actually shipping games!
Jaz

pretty much the gold standard.

Design games
Take only minimal preorder deposit
deliver games and only then take rest of payment
answer questions and be nice to your customers

amazing how it all seems so simple...

Of course it does not hurt that Ben Heck got the ball rolling years ago and is a stand up dude.

#5008 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Do we know if RZSI will be at SFGE? I see that Charlie will be there, but see nothing certain on any Spooky games.

yes- at least one RZ will be at SFGE. You'll see me standing in line to play it.

#5009 7 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No harm in asking folks to post their number when they get it.......Worst case is everyone should have them within 18 months but a couple have posted that they had to back out or swap for a later spot because they were not prepared for the final payment of their game. I am in the middle at 159 and before they even started shipping I guestimated mine could be as early as Oct or as late as Jan which is fine. But I asked Spooky how the timeline was looking.......the response I got was earliest could be end of summer.........No way am I taking that as gospel that it is going to happen that quick but if it does that means production will be ramping up.........

The "then what" is some folks need to come up with the cash LOL!!!! I assure you there are several still figuring that out.......but there are plenty in line ready to buy if someone cannot.

#5010 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

No harm in asking folks to post their number when they get it.......Worst case is everyone should have them within 18 months but a couple have posted that they had to back out or swap for a later spot because they were not prepared for the final payment of their game. I am in the middle at 159 and before they even started shipping I guestimated mine could be as early as Oct or as late as Jan which is fine. But I asked Spooky how the timeline was looking.......the response I got was earliest could be end of summer.........No way am I taking that as gospel that it is going to happen that quick but if it does that means production will be ramping up.........
The "then what" is some folks need to come up with the cash LOL!!!! I assure you there are several still figuring that out.......but there are plenty in line ready to buy if someone cannot.

That would be awesome if there coming out faster but well see once they get close to 100 out the door then ill start to make funds are ready asap.

#5011 7 years ago

Ben Heck Show on the road in Berlin!

Anybody know if there's any pinball in this town?

IMG_20160526_122059008_HDR_(resized).jpgIMG_20160526_122059008_HDR_(resized).jpg

#5012 7 years ago

This seems right up your alley Ben.......

Screenshot_20160526-150758_(resized).pngScreenshot_20160526-150758_(resized).png

#5013 7 years ago

I will be picking up #13 tomorrow from R&L Carriers in Northern CA.

Looks like Memorial Day weekend will be a blast. Time for beers, bbq and some hard core RZ pinball...Thank you Team Spooky

#5014 7 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I will be picking up #13 tomorrow from R&L Carriers in Northern CA.
Looks like Memorial Day weekend will be a blast. Time for beers, bbq and some hard core RZ pinball...Thank you Team Spooky

Deal me in! I want to see what I'm in for 165 games built later.

#5015 7 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Deal me in! I want to see what I'm in for 165 games built later.

Would Sunday work? I am checking the route games tomorrow and picking up RZ in afternoon. Hoping to have it setup by end of Saturday. If not, we can pick another time that works better.

Loren

#5016 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ben Heck Show on the road in Berlin!
Anybody know if there's any pinball in this town?

I think they need to clear those trees off the train track ...

rd

#5017 7 years ago

I got word that my #25 is ready next week. I was not expecting that....But i will take it...So this and GBLE......I need a small break away. I need to have an open house when the GBLE comes and invite all to new office to come by and play some of the newest games. I will make an invite for that ahead of time in the next few weeks.

20160430_132502_(resized).jpg20160430_132502_(resized).jpg

20160430_132445_(resized).jpg20160430_132445_(resized).jpg

20160430_132339_(resized).jpg20160430_132339_(resized).jpg

20160320_125835_(resized).jpg20160320_125835_(resized).jpg

20160320_125814_(resized).jpg20160320_125814_(resized).jpg

#5018 7 years ago

Mine is here. Pics to follow

#5019 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I got word that my #25 is ready next week. I was not expecting that....But i will take it...So this and GBLE......I need a small break away. I need to have an open house when the GBLE comes and invite all to new office to come by and play some of the newest games. I will make an invite for that ahead of time in the next few weeks.

I have to ask.......What is your business??? Plumbing??? Great office!

#5020 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Dude, post some more close-ups of your games here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/132#post-3172051

Please!!!

#5021 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have to ask.......What is your business??? Plumbing??? Great office!

Yes - plumbing. I rented this place and I put alot into it. It's my get away place. The open area is my showroom. Who cares about toilet and faucet displays....lol. I thought this would make a nice place for some of my clients to come over and Enjoy the Games. It's not open yet officially and I would like to have a Pinside Night for those in the area to come by and enjoy the games and make some new friends and visit with current ones. it's a cool place...got more games going in....almost done

#5022 7 years ago

That's really neat. Especially for customers who end up bringing their kids along too!

#5023 7 years ago

"We must save the Brandenburger Tor!"

IMG_20160527_153209171_HDR_(resized).jpgIMG_20160527_153209171_HDR_(resized).jpg

#5024 7 years ago

Hi Ben, you will find pins under www.pinballz.de Standortliste. And if you like to have some beers with me tomorrow shoot me a PM. Jens

#5025 7 years ago

Pics. Now they are together.

20160527_152211_(resized).jpg20160527_152211_(resized).jpg

20160527_152036_(resized).jpg20160527_152036_(resized).jpg

#5026 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Pics. Now they are together.

Can't wait to unite my RZLE and AMH next week as well!

#5027 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

RZ tweaked in is amazing.

I set ball save to 6 seconds and tweaked in slings and pops. Also dialed sound in by lowering sub woofer and putting music up to 92.

We probably put 50 games on it yesterday.

#5028 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Is that legal in your state yet?

#5029 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Is that legal in your state yet?

Everything is legal is CO, land of opportunity and equality....................and weed.

#5030 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I set ball save to 6 seconds and tweaked in slings and pops. Also dialed sound in by lowering sub woofer and putting music up to 92.

A review of the current code would be cool

#5031 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What is most amazing about it? Favorite aspects?

How does it compare to AMH?

#5032 7 years ago

Felix confronts Hilton's German doppelganger.

"Why doesn't your game take Euros? "

IMG_20160528_203755203_(resized).jpgIMG_20160528_203755203_(resized).jpg

#5033 7 years ago

Lol

#5034 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What is most amazing about it? Favorite aspects?
How does it compare to AMH?

Tweaked in it is fast and furious. There is nothing to really slow the ball down anywhere. The modes are cool and the code is reasonably good.

I must say I just was not loving it on factory.

#5035 7 years ago

Has anyone posted any pics of the inside?

IMG_1055_(resized).JPGIMG_1055_(resized).JPG

IMG_1056_(resized).JPGIMG_1056_(resized).JPG

IMG_1057_(resized).JPGIMG_1057_(resized).JPG

IMG_1058_(resized).JPGIMG_1058_(resized).JPG

IMG_1059_(resized).JPGIMG_1059_(resized).JPG

IMG_1060_(resized).JPGIMG_1060_(resized).JPG

IMG_1061_(resized).JPGIMG_1061_(resized).JPG

IMG_1062_(resized).JPGIMG_1062_(resized).JPG

IMG_1063_(resized).JPGIMG_1063_(resized).JPG

IMG_1064_(resized).JPGIMG_1064_(resized).JPG

IMG_1065_(resized).JPGIMG_1065_(resized).JPG

#5036 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Thanks. I've been waiting to see these.

#5037 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You have a bulb socket out by the one pop bumper.....other than that not much to see under there and surprisingly not many mechs

#5038 7 years ago

Yah, it's a bad socket. I was working on that when I took the pics.

It's snapped back into place.

Quoted from bigd1979:

You have a bulb socket out by the one pop bumper....

#5039 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Thanks for the pics. A bass amp!

Quoted from bigd1979:

not much to see under there and surprisingly not many mechs

Yea, not as much wiring as I'm used to seeing, looks clean... and only one service rail. Stern should take note of this... costs of the playfield support are cut in half, and much better than the pegs.

#5040 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Metal:

Makes you wonder what other mods are coming, that may or may not be tied into game play

What's this all aboot?

#5041 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yea, not as much wiring as I'm used to seeing, looks clean... and only one service rail. Stern should take note of this... costs of the playfield support are cut in half, and much better than the pegs.

I 2nd that the stern pegs suck

#5042 7 years ago

Single rail can be better than the post system.
Two rails are best

My America's most Haunted rail broke first time I used it . Sense it was only fasting with a small wood screw .that all ready had been glued and tooth pick repaired ..Really should been attached with a threw bolt or bracket. I was hoping spooky would have seen this and made changes to RZ .
We'll see but it looks just like the same (as before . I thought they were looking for crap like this to improve on !!

#5043 7 years ago

I have about 30 games on this, and there is a lot to be excited about. I'm not going to give a full review, I haven't played enough, but here are some of my initial impressions, however I'm not a fanboy of anything:

-I love Rob Zombie's movies, I do not like his music. I was worried about this, but his music is excellent to play pinball to. This isn't like AC/DC, with AC/DC the music was first and foremost. In this game, sure you have his music, but you have very excellent funny callouts that make this game hilarious. Though, one missed opportunity, I haven't heard a single, "tooty fucking fruity."

-We can debate art all day, and while I respect everyone's opinion, the art is awesome. The play field is awesome, it looks great. The side art is cool, the backless is cool.

-A lot of modes are really good, I think a couple could use work. For example, there is one mode where you have to hit certain shots without hitting slings and pops. This game is loaded with slings and pops, cringing because you might have to have to hit the reactivate shot as the ball is throw around the play field is fun as hell. On the other side of the spectrum, we only have 6 modes, we don't need two that just hit the ramp over and over. Also, there is another mode in which you have to hit every switch on the play field, it feels like this mode lasts forever. Progress is saved to restart when you drain, but it's a bit tedious. Maybe, you can end the mode by hitting the VUK and you get either awarded or penalized by how far you get?

-This game has a bunch of other intangibles, the just one more game feeling is strong on this one. It plays great.

Would buy again, for sure.

#5044 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

"tooty fucking fruity."

Keeping play

#5045 7 years ago

Just got to spend the day with LE #13 at a buddies house. Hats off the the spooky team. This game is loads of fun.

It's definitely a more ish game as it tends to kick your ass. Repeatedly.

I'm so excited to be able to have one of my own in the future. It is quite a refreshing experience, complete reaction based gameplay. It's a players machine through and through. I'd feel sorry for anyone new to pinball stepping up to this machine. It's intimidating, for sure.

#5046 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's just a dirt cheap china amplifier

#5047 7 years ago
Quoted from Elf-Six:

It's just a dirt cheap china amplifier

Please engage your brain before posting on the Internet.

#5048 7 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

He is right it is a cheap China amp but most amps are these days. Still It's probably better then no amp.

http://www.oldschoolstereo.com/2012/01/lepai-lp-168ha-mini-amp-tested-and.html?m=1

#5049 7 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I 2nd that and tons of electronics are made in china anyway. Yeah they could go out and put in a $$$ amp but if they did things like that get ready for hobbit pricing

#5050 7 years ago

I've played around with a number of those "cheap Chinese" amps and they're really impressive for what they are. I intend to try adding a CMOY amp for a headphone jack in my RZ so I can drive some decent cans and I've used the Lepai amps for various projects in the past few years. The audio quality they're capable of is significantly higher than you're ever going to be able to appreciate considering you're using a pinball cabinet as a driver enclosure. You could spend a lot more than the $20-ish these amps go for but unless you were going to put a lot more thought into the cabinet construction, I'd be surprised if you'd ever hear an improvement.

Would be interesting to try though... if the trend of music-themed pins continues, I could totally see a side market for the high-fi audio equivalent of Pinball Refinery's services. The Clair Brothers of pinball, anyone?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.