Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 211.
#4951 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think it's both. Most changes are his ideas and vision from the start but I know Lyman has taken suggestions from the Sharpe's and other tourney players regarding score balancing and tournament strategies . If he sees tourney players abusing a scoring strategy/exploit he will at least try to correct it. I know Dwight listens for feedback as well. He put KME's suggestion for switching the flippers back via the captive ball during mass hysteria multiball in GB.
Since David is new to the hobby and not a tourney player I hope he will at least listen to ideas from the community. I think the framework of the rules/general vision should be all him but suggestions to balance rules/reduce exploits should be considered. For example if 1000corpses MB is too valuable maybe try to reduce the scoring a bit and bring up scoring in other modes via multipliers. As long as the code is somewhat balanced and has some risk/reward I wll be happy!

Risk/reward is an element of addictive gameplay.

Also when in a mode and there is an opportunity for real big scoring due to multipliers and going deep into the mode. Means that chopping wood feeling is removed from a game.

Looking forward to some new videos.

#4952 3 years ago

Makes you wonder what other mods are coming, that may or may not be tied into game playRZ_Red_(resized).JPGRZ_Blue_(resized).JPGRZ_Green_(resized).JPGRZ_Off_(resized).JPG

#4953 3 years ago

From Gameroom Magazine Facebook page:

"Issue #4 In almost complete. It features and interview with Charlie Emery from Spooky Pinball!"

13267819_1739264352977385_7612129463782183035_n_(resized).jpg

#4954 3 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

From Gameroom Magazine Facebook page:
"Issue #4 In almost complete. It features and interview with Charlie Emery from Spooky Pinball!"

Just changed my cell phone wallpaper

#4955 3 years ago

Check out our latest Video of the Rob Zombie Spookshow International in Adult mode action. LE #18

GAP
www.greatamericanpinball.com

#4956 3 years ago

Thanks GAP!! Best video yet, looks awesome!

#4957 3 years ago

Yes, looks and sounds great

Hope with the modes that scoring increases as you go deep into the mode. Are there super jackpots at end of any modes or anything like that yet?

#4958 3 years ago

Yes there are Super jackpots. High score to date on this machine is 54 million. I would like to see an Extra ball incorporated into the game at a certain score or getting three modes completed.

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Yes there are Super jackpots. High score to date on this machine is 54 million. I would like to see an Extra ball incorporated into the game at a certain score or getting three modes completed.

Made a note of this.

#4960 3 years ago

Thanks fawza. Game is fun, but very hard, extra ball will help advance players deeper into the game. Stetn did it with Ghostbusters. They put an extra ball somewhere around 60 million. Can't Remember exactly . Still a few bugs in the software, I'll note them as I play.

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

please make it select-able for the user. i.e. user can set to 50, 60, 70, off, etc...

EB on ruined a few games also so best to have it as an option for the user with default as off. I assume there are other ways to earn an extra ball but not sure as I dont remember ever getting one in the times I have played. I like the complete 3 modes option also. Good suggestion.

#4962 3 years ago

What kind of Bryan Kelly crap is that... Love all the new sound quotes and game looks much more polished overall! Thanks for the video Mike!

#4963 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

please make it select-able for the user. i.e. user can set to 50, 60, 70, off, etc...
EB on ruined a few games also so best to have it as an option for the user with default as off. I assume there are other ways to earn an extra ball but not sure as I dont remember ever getting one in the times I have played. I like the complete 3 modes option also. Good suggestion.

Agree that any incremental scoring EB should be adjustable in settings. Maybe there could be a way to tie an EB in with the killer cards that are collected?

#4964 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Check out our latest Video of the Rob Zombie Spookshow International in Adult mode action.

Short, but sweet. It's great to be able to hear the audio. That right outlane looks like a SOB.

Quoted from MikeS:

What kind of Bryan Kelly crap is that

LOL.

#4965 3 years ago

with LE #18 delivered, I am suprised I have not gotten an email for final payment (I am #26 or 28 I think).

Do you just pay upon pick up now if getting it yourself in person?

#4966 3 years ago

Was at his show last night in Hershey, PA

image_(resized).jpeg

#4967 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#4968 3 years ago

Scheduling a launch party tournament at my location in Avon for June 24th. Got the okay from Spooky that my pin (#43) should be here by then.

After the tournament ends and the store closes, I'll leave the arcade open late and switch the game over to adult mode so everyone gets a chance to check that out too.

#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Check out our latest Video of the Rob Zombie Spookshow International in Adult mode action. LE #18
» YouTube video
GAP
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com

Thanks Gap! Definitely the best video I have seen yet. Game looks awesome!

#4970 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Short, but sweet.
LOL.

"That's not what your mama said last night!"

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Scheduling a launch party tournament at my location in Avon for June 24th. Got the okay from Spooky that my pin (#43) should be here by then.
After the tournament ends and the store closes, I'll leave the arcade open late and switch the game over to adult mode so everyone gets a chance to check that out too.

Wow, did not think they would be that far along one month from now. Great news!

#4972 3 years ago

Here is video #2 of Rob Zombie Play. You can see American Witch and Dead City Radio modes completed.

Enjoy

#4973 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

That would be great if they can do it. Using the data I've gathered to generate a trendline, I'd estimate yours at closer to 7/13. The trendline also shows #300 at 11/5/2017, which is close to 17.5 months from the date #1 was shipped. It's all speculation, but I'm a nerd, and I enjoy these things.

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That would be great if they can do it. Using the data I've gathered to generate a trendline, I'd estimate yours at closer to 7/13. The trendline also shows #300 at 11/5/2017, which is close to 17.5 months from the date #1 was shipped. It's all speculation, but I'm a nerd, and I enjoy these things.

Herg, how about #52? Thanks

#4975 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Herg, how about #52? Thanks

Swami sez, 7/31. But Kayte knows better than Swami.

#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

» YouTube video
GAP
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com

Are those standard or upgraded LEDs?

#4977 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

My birthday being 7/30 that sounds like a good date, thanks man!

#4978 3 years ago

Question, the Robot's arms. Are they capable of moving up and down? They appear to be separate from the Robot's body (separate pieces) but they don't appear to move on their own? Why? I feel like the robot should be moving more in general (slowly, with arms moving up and down slightly.) Even Spaulding ... I wish his hands were up and he moved back and forth a bit when the ball wasn't up on the upper playfield, almost taunting the player. Still looks awesome just thinking of the small stuff.

#4979 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Here is video #2 of Rob Zombie Play. You can see American Witch and Dead City Radio modes completed.
» YouTube video
Enjoy

What's wrong with your mini playfield flipper? Never moves when you hit the left flipper. Is there a separate button for it? If so that would suck.

#4980 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

What's wrong with your mini playfield flipper? Never moves when you hit the left flipper. Is there a separate button for it? If so that would suck.

Probably only fires when the ball's up there as to not wear out the coil unnecessarily.

#4981 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's not enabled every time you hit the VUK. Sometimes it's meant to just drop.

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

It's not enabled every time you hit the VUK. Sometimes it's meant to just drop.

OK awesome thanks. I guess they really emphasized the upper playfield flipper during the promo but when Dead Flip spent 2 hours playing the game I guess I never got a really good look up there like I did in the video posted here.

Excellent HUO game play video though.

#4983 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Was at his show last night in Hershey, PA

I was too... had a great time but did not manage to get my translite signed. Ran up a $90 beer tab though!

#4984 3 years ago

The upper playfield flipper becomes available when a ball shoots up from the VUK.

If you are up there after starting a mode and its NOT What! or Demon mode, the UPF is used to increase your jackpot multiplier. only goes up to 4x, after that the flipper is disabled to force you to continue with the mode.

If you are in What!, its used to complete the lanes for chicken and gas.

Demon mode, you'll need to hit both lane switches, this is the only time you can not roll those lanes with your flipper.

If you are up there and somehow get off the UPF (behind the flipper) the flipper will disable when you hit a switch on the lower PF.

#4985 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

So i'm #110 so i would think by oct/nov

#4986 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

So i'm #110 so i would think by oct/nov

11/16, but really it's too early to see an accurate trend.

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I don't understand your formula but it's definitely on the pessimistic side. Six months to produce the next roughly 100 games? You're banking on Spooky producing just 16-17 games a month on average? I think you have to be at roughly 6-7 games a week minimal to be a viable business, no?

Now, I will admit that I'm a bit concerned how the production of Domino's game (starting late summer) will impact RZ but Spooky says it won't. I'm not sure how it can't though.

#4988 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

yeah i figure by end of the year for sure but hope is sooner

#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

I don't understand your formula but it's definitely on the pessimistic side. Six months to produce the next roughly 100 games? You're banking on Spooky producing just 16-17 games a month on average? I think you have to be at roughly 6-7 games a week minimal to be a viable business, no?
Now, I will admit that I'm a bit concerned how the production of Domino's game (starting late summer) will impact RZ but Spooky says it won't. I'm not sure how it can't though.

AMH was at two a week for a long time and they remained viable. The new facility has room for a second assembly line I believe so just means more pinball for everyone, and limited to no impact on one title over another.

#4990 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

I remember Chuck saying that one of the advantages to building the Domino's game was that when it was done the resources that were allocated to it would then be available for RZ. Does anyone else remember that? Can't be sure what thread it was in, so hard to search for it.

I likened it in my head to what Heighway did with the Bacardi game. Do a commercial project as a way to seed your line; it's smart, even if you really don't care about a pizza company pin personally. Gives you a really safely leveraged way to build capacity.

#4991 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

A second production line will be added for the Domino's game and will not impact RZ. Take Chuck's word for it.

#4992 3 years ago

An ahm made it to my bar way faster than anyone expected.
I have high hopes RZ will do the same,
Thanks Spooky!

#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from HappyDayz:

I don't understand your formula but it's definitely on the pessimistic side.

Very simple.

1. Collect reports of games shipping and plot the date vs game number.
2. Generate a linear trendline.
3. Use the trendline to "predict" when other games may ship.

Here's a picture:
1-Fullscreen_capture_5252016_73820_AM_(resized).jpg

I'm not really "banking" on anything, and I'm hoping they can get them out faster, but Spooky's own estimate was 12-18 months for all of the games. We're still so early on that any single data point can cause wild swings in the trendline. Without GAP's point, the outlook was much more bleak, putting #300 at 3/7/2018. That's why I say it's too early for it to predict an accurate trend. There's too little data, and we have to extrapolate too far into the future, not to mention that production may not be linear at all.

#4994 3 years ago

I paid for #26 yesterday and was told possibly next week it will be ready (NO RUSH from this end; just providing info)

#4995 3 years ago

#20 and should be shipping out tomorrow I was told!

#4996 3 years ago

#1 went to pinsider ZERO around 4/20.
#20 is shipping to BEMMETT around 5/26.

Approx 20 built in approx 1st month.

Awesome!

If this pace continued, I think we'd all be thrilled including team Spooky. The halfway point of 150 would seemingly hit by end of year. The finish line would definitely fall in the 12-18 mos window and sometime along the way many of us will begin to focus on the pin that follows Domino's...

#4997 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Approx 20 built in approx 1st month.

you need to realize that the first 20 were in states of assembly for a while and they have just been waiting on Parker to finish testing and start shipping the new BenHeck Boards.

The real pace will be established form ~30-50 or more likely once they get into the standards so #51-80 will give a mroe accurate trajectory.

#4998 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you need to realize that the first 20 were in states of assembly for a while and they have just been waiting on Parker to finish testing and start shipping the new BenHeck Boards.
The real pace will be established form ~30-50 or more likely once they get into the standards so #51-80 will give a mroe accurate trajectory.

good point, still thrilled that people are getting their games and still think #300 gets his/her game 18 or less mos from now.

don't see how LE manufacturing is different from standard... screw different armor in, insert different backglass...?

#4999 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

don't see how LE manufacturing is different from standard...

I think what he's saying is that there were a bunch of games nearly finished, only waiting on boards and testing. That allowed them to ship at a more rapid pace than they would have normally.

#5000 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

don't see how LE manufacturing is different from standard... screw different armor in, insert different backglass...?

If the trajectory is similar to AMH (or really any small scale manufacturing of a complicated product/process) then the first 50 are when there will be starts/stops to make adjustments. By the time they get to the standards then things should be humming along nicely with process kinks worked out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside