(Topic ID: 146479)

Rob Zombie's pinball best art on a pinball ?

By 2Kaulitz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is Rob Zombie's Spook Show International Pinball Have Best Art Work Ever ?”

• YES 58 votes
      27%
    • NO 158 votes
      73%

(216 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

b30.jpg
    playfield1.jpg
    rz_pf.jpg
    RobZombieFlyer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago

Its also seemingly sparse on inserts. More inserts with more keylining / text to go with it I think would help a lot IMHO. Or at least scoot them down ? I dunno, not an artist.

At any rate, not a theme for me so don't want to be too negative as it was never going to be my thing.

#63 8 years ago

It's tough cause there are a lot of parallels here to how AMH looked somewhat unprofessional. They seemed to acknowledge it but looking at this, it's like they really didnt take those criticisms seriously.. Or thought getting a really good artist to do the playfield backdrop was going to fix all that.

As we've seen with Aurich and other professionals tearing apart TH in detail and other stuff, theres a lot more to it than that.

I'm hoping to own a Spooky product if they do a theme I like, but probably would still wait till they are doing the fit and finish as polished as it should be.

Aside: In a a perfect imaginary boutique pinball world.. DP and Spooky would be one.. DP with the 'Williams' fit and finish and Spooky with knowing how to stay communicative and be a company you have alot of confidence in.

Aside 2: This is also kind of like Multimorphic's problem. I think they are too 'engineer' oriented over there and have let the art lag.. And are wondering why people aren't excited. Sex sells.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Sell out 300 units as is and start production in January?
    Or...
    Rework a bunch of things based on suggestions, delay production, wait for approval from Rob Zombie again, display updates to public, and then hear the next round of suggestions, and repeat? And then sell out same 300 units.

Right, the ship has sailed on this one. But as they grow and want to sell a lot more games where the number exceeds people that are die hard fans of whatever the theme is and those the buy it cause its rare or out of boutique charity 'for the love of pinball'.. They will have to get serious about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-pinball-best-art-on-a-pinball?tu=sd_tom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.