Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I'd like to offer up my Rob Zombie SE spot #178 for an LE spot. If you are interested, PM me with how much $ you would like in order to make the swap.

I simply like the backglass art more on the LE than the SE (and would like to have the game sooner in the production cycle).

I checked with Charlie to make sure he was cool with this before throwing the offer out...and he was.

#3 8 years ago

I realize it's utterly none of my business, but I won't lie, I'm curious how much it would take to make someone swap like that.

#4 8 years ago

Did the LE cost more?

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Did the LE cost more?

$500 more I believe

Marcus

#7 8 years ago

I know it's been said before, but Spooky definitely had an opportunity to sell a lot more LE's. The whole project is LE.

Offer 2 options - option a) $5995, option b)$6495. We win, spooky wins.

#8 8 years ago

I'm also interested in whether he OP gets any takers.

#9 8 years ago

So does no one realize that the LE translite may be available (pending approval) for purchase from Spooky?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

So does no one realize that the LE translite will be available for purchase from Spooky?

No, I've never heard this.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

So does no one realize that the LE translite will be available for purchase from Spooky?

Is this true fact?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

No. It's a false fact.

I sure would think so

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Isn't the LE an actual backglass vs. A translite or am I wrong on that?

I could see someone taking the OP up on this if they want more time to save funds or prefer a later run which has potential for fewer bugs/quirks.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'd like to offer up my Rob Zombie SE spot #178 for an LE spot.

When you asked if it was ok to trade your SE for an LE, you never used the word "spot" and I assumed you meant on your own after the games have shipped.

WE ARE NOT ALLOWING SPOT / TRADES / NUMBERS MOVED / SPECIFIC NUMBERS... period. I'm tired of my wife being abused by angry emails & calls on who gets what, when, and why can't I have an LE or this specific number. Spot trading is only going to make it worse, and upset more people.

We are doing our absolute best to take care of the AMH customers who helped get us off the ground and keep sales fair for everyone. We are doing our best to go down the sales list IN ORDER. That's how they sell, that's how they will ship.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I sure would think so

EDIT: Read what Charlie wrote below. I guess I was wrong, or at least potentially wrong.

Here's why I'm sure maddog14 is wrong:

1) Charlie has stated that the $500 upcharge multiplied by the number of LEs was used to pay for this artwork to be reproduced.

2) If Spooky was going to make these available...
A) Does anyone really think he wouldn't have mentioned it to Damonator when Damonator asked him about this SE/LE swap idea?
B) They would have to charge >$500 for the LE translight, or else they're hurting the very people they wanted to thank by making an LE.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm tired of my wife being abused by angry emails & calls on who gets what, when, and why can't I have an LE or this specific number.

Seriously? Reality check needed.

#18 8 years ago

When you asked if it was ok to trade your SE for an LE, you never used the word "spot" and I assumed you meant on your own after the games have shipped.
WE ARE NOT ALLOWING SPOT / TRADES / NUMBERS MOVED / SPECIFIC NUMBERS... period. I'm tired of my wife being abused by angry emails & calls on who gets what, when, and why can't I have an LE or this specific number. Spot trading is only going to make it worse, and upset more people.
We are doing our absolute best to take care of the AMH customers who helped get us off the ground and keep sales fair for everyone. We are doing our best to go down the sales list IN ORDER. That's how they sell, that's how they will ship.

Ah - ok. My email to you was very polite fwiw - and I would have never posted without asking you first - sorry if the email wasn't clear. I guess my offer still stands for swapping after the fact.

Whoever is sending angry emails should simply be denied a game!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You have no idea.... non stop, even on Sundays.

The LE's will have a printed backglass, different armor & powdercoat, and numbered plaques. Translites may be available at a later date pending approvals. WE WILL NOT sell LE backglasses or armor.

#20 8 years ago

I'm tired of my wife being abused by angry emails & calls on who gets what, when, and why can't I have an LE or this specific number.

WTF, how about using a little class people. That's a joke, quit being the usual "whiny little bitches" that think you are entitled to crap on and complain about everything.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with some of you D bag's.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously, wtf is wrong with some of you

Sadly, that is part of pinball manufacturing. Happens to Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc. etc.

I've even heard stories of having them removed from the building and banned.

LTG

#22 8 years ago

In fairness, we get as many nice as we do cranky... it's all part of it, and we understand that.

It's an expensive toy, and people are passionate about them. I am too or we wouldn't be here. First world problems...

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sadly, that is part of pinball manufacturing. Happens to Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc. etc.
LTG

Believe me Lloyd, I know, been around here long enough now to see some pathetic BS.

I honestly don't know how any of you guys even put up with some of the nonsense. Being critical is one thing, but there are some major A holes in pinball that don't seem to respect much of anybody or anything.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

#25 8 years ago

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I honestly don't know how any of you guys even put up with some of the nonsense.

Tech support. It isn't a job. It's an adventure.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Only real surprise that I didn't expect is that some people will try to get you fired.

#27 8 years ago

You have no idea.... non stop, even on Sundays.
The LE's will have a printed backglass, different armor & powdercoat, and numbered plaques. Translites may be available at a later date pending approvals. WE WILL NOT sell LE backglasses or armor.

Sounds to me like you need some good PR services. I know a guy in MN. Forward your emails to me, Chuckster, and I'll take care of them.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

100% with ya! I'm so pumped just to be able to get on the list and be one of the lucky 300. I purchased AMH and appreciated the fact Spooky made spots available for us. To expect any more than that ... There are only 300 to go around just be grateful your getting one.

#29 8 years ago

Translites may be available at a later date pending approvals. WE WILL NOT sell LE backglasses or armor.

Charlie, do you mean the standard translites may be available later or do you mean a translite version of the LE artwork (vs printed backglass)? Does the standard machine come with a translite instead of a printed backglass like the LE? Sorry, I'm just confused about what exactly comes with each edition and what might be made available later. Thanks!

#30 8 years ago

I'd like to buy a translite of the LE to put in a light box. I think that would be awesome. Thanks KT! (Oh, and thank you Charlie as well.

#31 8 years ago

I'm tired of my wife being abused by angry emails & calls on who gets what, when, and why can't I have an LE or this specific number. Spot trading is only going to make it worse, and upset more people

I realize as a fairly new company just getting it's legs under it will be very hard to do what I'm about to suggest. However, it's made a world of difference long term in the companies I've been involved with and I've insisted on for a very long time, even when it hurt to do so.

Here it is:

Ask problem clients/customers/etc to behave appropriately ONCE. Explain, in a polite and courteous manner what is acceptable behavior and what isn't, and let them know it may be best if you just went separate ways if the gap in communication styles is just too wide.

Second occurrence: Fire them. Politely, courteously and while fulfilling any contractual obligations you're already bound to. But blacklist them as customers from that point forward. Block their email, phone, etc. and keep a running spreadsheet of people/companies etc you won't do business with.

This is certainly easier to type out then it is to execute. And the practice has it's detractors. But after a couple of decades running businesses I firmly believe it's the best route long term if you want to keep your sanity while growing a young business.

#32 8 years ago

I'm tired of my wife being abused by angry emails & calls on who gets what, when, and why can't I have an LE or this specific number. .

Some people need to get a f**king grip.

They have a locked in order on one of 300 ever made games, and they bitch about not getting an LE? Its a f**king pinball machine people. Not a heart defribulator.

If I had received any abusive emails or phone calls, I would have politely given them their money back and cancelled their order. Plenty of other takers.

See what Limited Edition does to some people? I saw a post from someone the other day that said he wasn't buying a RZ at all, because he couldn't get an LE. Someone better call the Waaaaaaaaaamulance quick!

There sure are some cocks around, that's for sure. That's one of the main reasons I quit retail a few years back.

rd

#33 8 years ago

Spooky! You'll love me. I could care less about numbers and haven't made a single inquiry to anyone. All I did was send Joe at pinballstar a check for a grand. I know you'll do your best with this game and thanks in advance for what you do and the effort you make! Ant.

#34 8 years ago

LE translites might be available? I don't know if that makes me feel weird because it's the main distinguishing feature of the LE or makes me excited because I want one for my wall. I'll take a SE translite if I'm misreading that though, both are awesome.

#35 8 years ago

Make the LE translites a bigger size that wont fit the back box of the pinball machine.

People get the artwork and LE owners still have the only back glasses that fit the machines.

Win for LE owners, retains the exclusivity
Win for fans, able to purchase the artwork
Win for Spooky, more money generated

#36 8 years ago

The LE are having proper glass backglass I think? So there will always be only 50 LE.

If they have a plaque like say TAF Gold then surely that will be enough?

Does it matter if people put LE translite in regular game?? The 50 LE are always going to be mega exclusive.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sounds to me like you need some good PR services. I know a guy in MN. Forward your emails to me, Chuckster, and I'll take care of them.

OH BOY
Someone rattled the old mans chain!!!
Sick the BK police on them Charlie & KT, He'll straiten them out. Perfect PR person just add BEER LOL!!!!!

I agree with the others Lighten Up, be happy you got a spot.

Pincades
JT

#38 8 years ago

Le or SE there s only 300 made

#39 8 years ago

Charlie, I love you to death, but this is a business and you are thinking about this all wrong. You should allow your customers to do whatever they want, just charge them. You are in this business to support your family and make money, while satisfying customers. If someone wants to change their spot, "sure no problem, that will be $50 please.".....or whatever you need to make it worthwhile. Relax, there is money to be made, you just need to think outside of the box. Don't forget mods, toppers, armor, translates, custom playfield upgrades....blah, blah. The way you take care of your customers is by spelling it out once.......This will require a well thought out plan where you anticipate what's to come.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

OH BOY
Someone rattled the old mans chain!!!
Sick the BK police on them Charlie & KT, He'll straiten them out. Perfect PR person just add BEER LOL!!!!!
I agree with the others Lighten Up, be happy you got a spot.
Pincades
JT

As an electrical contractor, I can tell you, the customer is NOT always right. I've been doing this for about forty years and while there are only a handful, there are some I have refused to work for again. You know the type. Nothing you do is quite good enough. No matter how good of a deal you give them, it's still too much. The worst are the ones who treat you like a blue collar worker. They turn their nose up at you as soon as you walk in the door. They don't ask you to do something, they tell you what to do.

No one should have to deal with assholes like that. No one. Especially Charlie. I have done exactly what Trevorm recommended early and it works like a charm. Some understand, while others don't. If you don't, I'm done dealing with you.

#41 8 years ago

Charlie, I love you to death, but this is a business and you are thinking about this all wrong. You should allow your customers to do whatever they want, just charge them.

Maybe he doesn't have time for that $hit. All the games are sold or close to it, already. If he charges a fee to swap spots, people will bitch about that, too.

Pinball collectors can be really demanding and unreasonable.

#42 8 years ago

People need to remember the pinball world is different than shopping at Amazon. In most cases, when you place an order, you are asking someone to custom build you the needed part, accessory, or machine from scratch. Most likely after work, in his garage/workshop. It takes longer, and more care is taken. When you ask someone to do custom work for you, it takes some time. Keep in mind as well, it's a hobby, these makers do it because they enjoy it. Not because they have to, and no one should have to put up with abuse.

#43 8 years ago

It's already a bitch to manage the deposits and places let alone a swapadoodle game.
Smart move , deposit and number go where they go . After delivered do what you want.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

If he charges a fee to swap spots, people will bitch about that, too.

Just tell them the fee to swap spots is $1000 paid up front. $500 to charlie for dealing with the BS and $500 to the person that is willing to swap their spot

Guessing most people will stop right there when they hear the cost.

Also guessing for $500 it would be worth it to do the swap.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from trevorm:

I realize as a fairly new company just getting it's legs under it will be very hard to do what I'm about to suggest. However, it's made a world of difference long term in the companies I've been involved with and I've insisted on for a very long time, even when it hurt to do so.
Here it is:
Ask problem clients/customers/etc to behave appropriately ONCE. Explain, in a polite and courteous manner what is acceptable behavior and what isn't, and let them know it may be best if you just went separate ways if the gap in communication styles is just too wide.
Second occurrence: Fire them. Politely, courteously and while fulfilling any contractual obligations you're already bound to. But blacklist them as customers from that point forward. Block their email, phone, etc. and keep a running spreadsheet of people/companies etc you won't do business with.
This is certainly easier to type out then it is to execute. And the practice has it's detractors. But after a couple of decades running businesses I firmly believe it's the best route long term if you want to keep your sanity while growing a young business.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

As an electrical contractor, I can tell you, the customer is NOT always right. I've been doing this for about forty years and while there are only a handful, there are some I have refused to work for again. You know the type. Nothing you do is quite good enough. No matter how good of a deal you give them, it's still too much. The worst are the ones who treat you like a blue collar worker. They turn their nose up at you as soon as you walk in the door. They don't ask you to do something, they tell you what to do.
No one should have to deal with assholes like that. No one. Especially Charlie. I have done exactly what Trevorm recommended early and it works like a charm. Some understand, while others don't. If you don't, I'm done dealing with you.

Great advice. When you are running a business you really feel like you want to please everyone and it's hard to say no sometimes. You do not want to be the hot head that fires clients at any complaint but at the same time if someone is unreasonable, aggressive, or just obviously has a different expectation then what you business model is the best thing you can do is let them go. Out of about 3000 people I generally fire 2 a year or so. They are always shocked and can't comprehend how I can do this. The other 3000 might have some people that complain a lot and are pains in the butt, but they are not bad clients, special needs maybe, but you can deal with them. Life is to short to deal with a bunch of assbags. Find clients that appreciate what you do and try to work out any issues as they come up. Anyone that crosses the line or is just completely unreasonable gets to take a hike. Someone else can deal with that crap. They usually are the ones that nickel and dime you for everything anyway and the time spent trying to make them happy is just wasted time of you life.

#46 8 years ago

better this happen with now on second machine build...now Charlie can think about policy on this so no one has to ask on his next 37 machine builds

#47 8 years ago

In fairness, we get as many nice as we do cranky

Wow, that is sad that the 2 sides are even comparable at all.

#48 8 years ago

Charlie, I love you to death, but this is a business and you are thinking about this all wrong.

He's thinking about it just the way he wants. AMH Sold Out. RZ Sold Out with waiting list. He MUST be thinking about it All Wrong.

#49 8 years ago

Charlie, I love you to death, but this is a business and you are thinking about this all wrong. You should allow your customers to do whatever they want, just charge them. You are in this business to support your family and make money, while satisfying customers. If someone wants to change their spot, "sure no problem, that will be $50 please.".....or whatever you need to make it worthwhile. Relax, there is money to be made, you just need to think outside of the box. Don't forget mods, toppers, armor, translates, custom playfield upgrades....blah, blah. The way you take care of your customers is by spelling it out once.......This will require a well thought out plan where you anticipate what's to come.

He's not running an airline company man, he's making 300 pinball machines that have all SOLD OUT. And Spooky's reputation comes exactly from MOVES LIKE THIS. Yes, it may seem counter intuitive to Business 101's desire to put profit above all else, but how many companies do you love because of their practices?

Here's what I think. Both Translites are 10000x nicer than anything else out there in pinball. So either way, you're getting something stunning. In fact, the non LE actually has more detail in it. When it comes to the translite being glass or not...percentage of people who will notice / care is .000000000001%. It will still look stunning.

I agree that having the LE turns us all into bitches. But seriously, on a title with only 300 being made how is there ANY bitching. JJP's making 1,500 LE's and 1,5000 SE's. Think about that.

Charlie's only issue was making 50 LE's when 150 AMH's were sold. But if you remember, it was the first 50 sold that helped keep them alive. It took him A LONG time to sell the remaining 100, so happy to see him saying thanks to those early adopters.

Here's a suggestion for all of you guys feeling like you didn't get something LE. Just send your standard RZ to pinball refinery and have them go to town on it. It's a pin that's just dying for cool mods and such.

#50 8 years ago

Right now game is done, BOM probably done.

Yes, any small improvements will be appreciated ( metal apron

But, everyone has paid a deposit based on what has been seen.

Where we can offer input and hopefully have influence, is the continued coding of the games's rules.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 20.00
Wanted
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-se-for-le-swap-offer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.