20180406_233410 (resized).jpg
RZ Spine Instructions (resized).jpg
spinex (resized).jpg
20180405_035415 (resized).jpg
20180405_002503 (resized).jpg
20180404_232239 (resized).jpg
run1 (resized).jpg
20180329_205524 (resized).jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Order Page: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01557-rob-zombie-interactive-spine-tunnel-mod-medisinyl-mods

[Designed to simply clip onto the habit-trail with power being sourced from the box at the back left of the cabinet--installed in minutes with no permanent modification]

This mod uses a strip of 15 LEDs underneath the Spine Tunnel, triggered by a custom integrated switch (modified rollover), with a fade out powered by a 4700uf capacitor. As this custom trigger is housed in the arch, the timing is always perfect regardless of how the ball travels through the ramp (this can be observed around 25 seconds into the video clip below as the ball hesitates through that ramp shot, but still times the tunnel interaction appropriately).

I'll update later on with additional video once I have more variations to show (namely pink to red and white to red). Pink to Red and White to Red will have a brighter initial flash of light when triggered. Other colors could potentially be requested, but the nature of the mod is best suited to a red (blood splatter) finish

20180329_205555 (resized).jpg20180329_205555 (resized).jpg
teaser 1 (resized).jpgteaser 1 (resized).jpg
Teaser 3 (resized).jpgTeaser 3 (resized).jpg
20180320_221519 (resized).jpg20180320_221519 (resized).jpg
20180329_205524 (resized).jpg20180329_205524 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Looks really cool

#3 6 years ago

You've done it again, your RZ mods are the best mods of the year.....in my opinion.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

You've done it again, your RZ mods are the best mods of the year.....in my opinion.

Well that's a heck of a compliment Thank you.

#5 6 years ago

Bro count me in again. So far ive gotten all your stuff. Now just need to find time to install of it.

#6 6 years ago

any chance you would have a suggestion on how to fix my dead city radio prop. It broke off from a air ball. Now its just held on with a black zip tie

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

any chance you would have a suggestion on how to fix my dead city radio prop. It broke off from a air ball. Now its just held on with a black zip tie

I'm currently away from the machine, so I can't see what may have been the breaking point, but I can take a look when I'm at home.

I'm glad you like the mods, and I appreciate the order

EDIT: I've looked at mine and can't assume how yours may have broken, and I haven't removed mine to see what those screws/bolts look like, but I imagine some sort of adhesive (perhaps a strong epoxy, though I've found Loctite Ultragel Control to be superior in the super glue category [for general reference]) and/or longer screws could potentially be a fix (only if longer screws could hold a break together, with possible need of drilling, which I don't expect most would want to do [again, blind suggestions here]. I'm also not sure if there's any variation in how the lighted and non-lighted radios are mounted.

I used to have lots of airballs on RZ, but putting those padded target decals on seemed to remove them almost completely. If your targets are bare, perhaps such decals could be one step toward reducing the chance of other damage (I know it may be hard to avoid on this game with crazy pop/sling action).

#9 6 years ago

Awesome!

#10 6 years ago

Okay, I may need all of your mods but is there any way you can make a fake invoice in case my wife sees it?

Very nice work.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I would first contact Charlie. Then Mstt at backalley. He might be able to make you one of Charlie doesn't have any.

Magicchiz

#12 6 years ago

The first two runs are now sold out and new orders will be for run #3. I'll have a better timing idea once I complete the first run, but for now I'm quoting one run a week (also gives me some time to build non-Spine orders as they come in or get bundled with Spine orders).

Waiting list order will be posted here later today. Thanks again to everyone that has ordered thus far. I'll be trying to get a "white to red" video up tomorrow night (should that change anyone's decision when it's up, no problem, just let me know ).

#13 6 years ago

Current waitlist (likely being done in runs of 5):

1-3) Magicchiz and friends.
4) jeffspinballpalace
5) wcbu
6) bgwilly31
7) Racerx61
8 ) NEOZATZY
9) trevorm
10) SilverballNut

#14 6 years ago

I currently have 6 of the main bodies assembled, painted, and cleared (I over-promised run #1 slots, so it will be 6 this run, but I'm still waiting on confirmation from one--if that falls through, I'll bump the next person in line [bgwilly31] to run #1 and open a slot in run #2). Photo shows the 6 after clear with one of the unpainted pieces in the middle. Still planning to get more video as soon as one of these is wired up.

run1 (resized).jpgrun1 (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

Which color option are people picking? Which one is in the video?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Which color option are people picking? Which one is in the video?

Solid red is in the video, but "white to red" and "solid red" have had fairly equal orders (I'll video "white to red" soon). None yet for Pink to red. One customer made a good point about the "white to red" likely being a better choice in a bright (stadium lights, etc.) machine to help draw attention to the mod as a significantly brighter machine may wash solid red out.

Otherwise, still not sure about the status on the sixth run #1 slot. It was reserved by a repeat customer, so I'll wait another day before shifting the list up.

Current list:

4) jeffspinballpalace
5) wcbu
?
6) bgwilly31
7) Racerx61
8 ) NEOZATZY
9) trevorm
10) SilverballNut
11) mamawaldee

#17 6 years ago

Here are some steps and photos for those that may be interested to know how the mirrors are being made for this mod (again, different than what I use for my other mirrored mods as this makes it easier to cut into a non-rectangle shape).

They're made from Framemaster flexible plastic sheeting (intended for posters, etc.) that has a protective film on both sides. I cut that to shape, remove one side of the film, and spray 5 coats of Rustoleum Mirror Effect (I was skeptical, but very impressed with the result, and expect real glass would be near indistinguishable from a real mirror [with this plastic, it's a good result, but somewhat foggy, very much resembling antique/oxidized mirrors, which works perfect for this mod IMO]). To seal it, I use plastidip for a soft protective coating and additional mask (couple of the mirrors are flipped in the photo to show this coating). Then of course remove the opposing film.

20180404_232239 (resized).jpg20180404_232239 (resized).jpg
20180405_002503 (resized).jpg20180405_002503 (resized).jpg
20180405_035415 (resized).jpg20180405_035415 (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago

Here's a bench test of the "white to red." Not as good as an in-game clip, but should help decide on color choice while I get a couple other mods I've been working on finished and shipped out today (again, if this changes anyone's mind on color choice, let me know by tonight [for run #1]).

And a photo of the underside. The LED strip is in a recessed channel and the underside is unpainted (the parts touching the habit-trail are clean plastic). This also better shows the notches that snap onto the habit-trail.

spinex (resized).jpgspinex (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

Boy that is hard to say. I still think it needs to be in the game or show us s red only in this condition. To see difference.
Magicchiz

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Boy that is hard to say. I still think it needs to be in the game or show us s red only in this condition. To see difference.
Magicchiz

I agree. I still want to get one done in game to show as well. I didn't want to hold it up any longer. Between all the drying stages and other mods (and non-mod responsibilities), it's been taking longer to get to that point than I hoped (tends to be the case that I underestimate some of the timing on first runs). I'll work toward that today after I get some other things shipped.

#21 6 years ago

Some clips of "White to Red" (the first with a bright light on it). EDIT: showing 1080p now.

Again, if this changes anyone's mind, just send me a PM with your new choice by tonight if possible. In my opinion, this and the solid red are the best looking options (with white to red reminding me of a haunted house with that strobe-like flash).

NOTE: I've now duplicated an experience I had the first time I installed my prototype, which reset my screen on only the first use of this mod (with affected audio), but never again on any other play (played 100% in all respects afterward). This time again, on the first install with my other mods (and apron mod), I got the same result, and like before, haven't been able to get any reset issue after the first (I'll note to power cycle after the initial install in the instructions). Perhaps someone that knows more could explain this result (I question if the machine learns to adapt to the change somehow).

#22 6 years ago

These six will ship today (bgwilly31 was bumped up to run #1). The customer that reserved a spot in run #1 has been MIA from Pinside (good customer and long-standing Pinsider, so hopefully all is well). If that customer contacts me soon, I will get them in on run #2 instead--if not, mamawaldee will be bumped up to run #2.

4) jeffspinballpalace
5) wcbu
6) bgwilly31

That will leave this as the current list:

1) Racerx61
2) NEOZATZY
3) trevorm
4) SilverballNut
5) mamawaldee

6) emkay

These are the instructions that will ship with this mod. As usual, I'll be looking for any feedback/suggestions on how to improve them from the customer perspective, and I'll also be hoping that everyone can confirm proper function after the initial reset/power-cycle (or if others get any reset at all).

RZ Spine Instructions (resized).jpgRZ Spine Instructions (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago

Some photos from run #1. Can better see the platform I made to mount the switch (the arch is notched out for this to always fit in the same place).

20180406_233410 (resized).jpg20180406_233410 (resized).jpg
20180407_061118 (resized).jpg20180407_061118 (resized).jpg
20180407_061339 (resized).jpg20180407_061339 (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

Run #1 has shipped. All tracking numbers can be found on the order pages

#25 6 years ago

Still waiting for feedback to come in from run #1 if possible before shipping run #2 (not sure if any have been delivered yet, but should be soon if not). I understand people may be busy during the week. I just want to make sure the mod is stable for others before getting too deep in shipments. As long as that all goes well, I plan to ship run #2 early next week (I'll be away this weekend for the Celebration car event).

#26 6 years ago

If this mod is only sourcing power from the machine, there is no reason for instability other than power supply overload.
I'd suggest contacting Spooky or Ben Heck to determine if the stock game can handle all these mods or if an auxiliary supply is needed. I noticed similar weird behavior right after installing the laseriffic topper which never returned after that first power cycle. I had the shaker installed from the factory.

I have the living dead girl and a few other mods waiting to be installed on the machine but have not gotten to it yet.

Maybe the game just needs more power?

#27 6 years ago

White to red received. Had the same display issue as described. Hooked up. First hit on switch. Game locked, after reboot. Everything is working.
Love the white to red.
Magicchiz

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

If this mod is only sourcing power from the machine, there is no reason for instability other than power supply overload.
I'd suggest contacting Spooky or Ben Heck to determine if the stock game can handle all these mods or if an auxiliary supply is needed. I noticed similar weird behavior right after installing the laseriffic topper which never returned after that first power cycle. I had the shaker installed from the factory.
I have the living dead girl and a few other mods waiting to be installed on the machine but have not gotten to it yet.
Maybe the game just needs more power?

Seems to work flawless for me after getting over that first weird reset (odd that your topper would cause such an issue, but interesting to know). Initially I thought it was the Apron Mod as I had some slightly odd behavior after installing that, and I suppose I'm still not certain if that could have any effect (if anyone doesn't get a reset on the first use of the spine mod, it would be interesting to know if they have an Apron mod or not).

My other mods never gave me any such weird behavior, and I expect something like Pinstadium would draw more power than my mods combined.

Quoted from Magicchiz:

White to red received. Had the same display issue as described. Hooked up. First hit on switch. Game locked, after reboot. Everything is working.
Love the white to red.
Magicchiz

Thank you for getting it installed so quickly and for the feedback. That is excellent news, and builds my confidence on stability for others.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

(I'll be away this weekend for the Celebration car event).

The real Dragula is here this weekend Actor that played Eddie is here as well. Too bad there isn't a Munsters pin yet (missed opportunity for a signed translite ). EDIT: Both cars are replicas owned by Butch Patrick (Eddie).

20180414_102012 (resized).jpg20180414_102012 (resized).jpg
20180414_101942 (resized).jpg20180414_101942 (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago

To keep everyone updated, I'm back home and got the last of the parts together for run #2 last night. I recently had all 3 of my printers dead at the same time and managed to fix one. UPS claims they delivered my new printer fans yesterday to fix the other machines, but nothing came in (one of my printer fans disintegrated [somehow lost a fan blade and stopped spinning] leading to filament jams/overheating). EDIT: UPS delivered to the wrong house (guy brought it to me a little while ago).
EDIT #2: Back up to two printers running great Should be three soon (the broken fan had managed to get jammed up with a chunk of stringy filament)
I also have parts ready for 3 Awning/Gas mods that are spoken for and I'll be working on painting those today and getting all of the Spine run #2 parts built and drying (adhesive) to paint either tonight or tomorrow morning.
I also have 2 LDGs nearly complete (one is spoken for).
Sorry for the delay, and thanks to everyone for their patience (as I've participated in that car event for the last 13+ years or so, I hardly remembered it was coming up when quoting the run #2 shipping window ).
Current list:
Run #2:
1) Racerx61 (solid red)
2) NEOZATZY (solid red)
3) trevorm (solid red)
4) SilverballNut (solid red)
5) mamawaldee (changed to white to red)
Run #3:
6) emkay (white to red)
7) Volkdrive (white to red)
Still time to change color preference.
As long as I don't get many new orders, run #3 will be a smaller run to get it out quicker.

Added over 6 years ago: 8 ) Paddy-o (solid red)

#31 6 years ago

Should be shipping at least the first four of run #2 tomorrow (including SilverballNut's gas set). mamawaldee's should ship by Saturday (to finish the rest of that gas set).

Current list:

Run #2:

1) Racerx61 (solid red)
2) NEOZATZY (solid red)
3) trevorm (solid red)
4) SilverballNut (solid red)
5) mamawaldee (changed to white to red)

Run #3:

6) emkay (white to red)
8 ) Paddy-o (solid red)

Looking like I'll be planning to do a full run of 5 for #3, so there should be a couple spots left.

#32 6 years ago

I will be needing one just need so more time.

#33 6 years ago

Run #3 is at the painting stage (just making the three). Any new orders will be for run #4, or made to order.

Run #3:

6) emkay (white to red)
8 ) Paddy-o (solid red)

Quoted from Twilight1:

I will be needing one just need so more time.

I'll be offering these for a fair while, so no rush I appreciate the interest.

#34 5 years ago

Run #3 is complete. Volkdrive and Paddy-o will ship today (boxing right now). Emkay's should ship tomorrow with the rest of his order (all other mods nearly complete).

#35 5 years ago

A little feedback, nice mod, 1st run, worked right out of the box, no issues. I have pinstadiums, the lighting is much more dramatic without the pinstadium on obviously , but white to red is perfect. Thanks, great quality!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

A little feedback, nice mod, 1st run, worked right out of the box, no issues. I have pinstadiums, the lighting is much more dramatic without the pinstadium on obviously , but white to red is perfect. Thanks, great quality!

Thank you for the feedback and confirming proper function . Glad to know it went well and met expections.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Run #3 is complete. Volkdrive and Paddy-o will ship today (boxing right now). Emkay's should ship tomorrow with the rest of his order (all other mods nearly complete).

Awesome. Make sure there's no incriminating paperwork, I got a decent bonus this year but she'll still shit if she figures out how much I spent and there's a good chance she'll open the box while I'm at work.

This game is my jam, I've already thrown good money after bad. I'll do a quality video when I've got it all sorted.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Awesome. Make sure there's no incriminating paperwork, I got a decent bonus this year but she'll still shit if she figures out how much I spent and there's a good chance she'll open the box while I'm at work.
This game is my jam, I've already thrown good money after bad. I'll do a quality video when I've got it all sorted.

Ha ha, I only include instructions with my mods, so you're safe on that front

Pictures are always appreciated, but a video would be awesome Thank you.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Pictures are always appreciated, but a video would be awesome Thank you.

I have some pretty fast lenses, we'll see how it comes out but more than happy to oblige.

6 months later
1 year later
#41 4 years ago

Just updating this thread as I've had several requests for this spine since silently discontinuing it a couple months ago in December.

This mod is permanently discontinued.

Other RZ mods are still available for now (have been progressively discontinuing many of my older mods), but I do have the Mausoleum temporarily removed from the shop as I'm backordered for many weeks on other work and the LDG mod takes up nearly 24 hours of printer time on its own.

Thanks again to everyone that made this mod, and all of the early RZ mods a success.

2 weeks later
#42 4 years ago

If anyone has one of these awesome spine tunnel mods sitting in a box please let me know. If all goes well I'll be picking up a RZ tomorrow.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

If anyone has one of these awesome spine tunnel mods sitting in a box please let me know. If all goes well I'll be picking up a RZ tomorrow.

Bump to give you some visibility.

Good luck in your search.

While most customers seem to have kept their games, I have seen at least one RZ sold by a customer that didn't install the mods in the game (not sure if they were sold elsewhere), so there may be one out there. Perhaps someone on the fence about selling their game will come along and be willing to part with theirs.

#44 4 years ago

PM sent...I have a spine I would sell.

#45 4 years ago

I too would be interested in potentially buying some of these mods that folks didn’t use.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

PM sent...I have a spine I would sell.

PM sent back. Thanks for reaching out.

2 months later
#47 3 years ago

Hi, if there are any other spine tunnels about I would be interested thanks!

#48 3 years ago

Also interested if anyone has one they never got around to installing.

1 week later
#49 3 years ago

Add me to the list... I would like to purchase this MOD if anyone has it. I would be willing to overpay, but not get raped on the deal. Please PM me if anyone has one that they would be willing to sell. I just got my machine at a Sheriff's auction so I am just joining the hunt late.

#50 3 years ago

Not to undermine this mod, but if you don't have Medisinyl's other mods, I would definitely prioritize those over the spine mod. The Living Dead Girl mausoleum and the gas station are MUST ADDS if you ask me. I think his Pussy Liquor sign is super dope too. I have all of those and they really transform the game. I got the spine mod as well, but ended up selling it to another Pinsider, it just didn't fit the way the others did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
8,000 (OBO)
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-interactive-spine-tunnel-medisinyl-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.