Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a00d83453e66269e2017c32d548bc970b.jpg
    New-1.png
    kaneda.jpg
    jump_conclusions-600x356.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly? Still not sure. I've watched the video several times already. If I had space and was in a better cash stage? Yeah, no brainer. Done.
    But I'm at capacity (technically over, my Abra Ca Dabra is on "location" at my wife's office), and I've swapped several games for the better over the last year. I'm in a good space, good balance of old and new games.
    I like all my titles. I have to give something up for anything I bring in. And, I already need to do that for my Alien some time next year too, quite possibly around when RZ would come, but I have no idea where on the RZ list I even am.
    So adding a game, and putting down $1000 right now at Xmas shopping season? That's not a snap thing for me. I know it is for some people, but my big game purchases are luxury deals that I really only do when I have "play money" from client side work or selling mods and can justify a little treat for all my work.
    All I'm saying is, the game could be good, but not enough to make a "sacrifice" for right now. That's my honest answer.
    I admit though, I'm tempted still. I'm leaning out, but if something convinces me I'll admit that I switched and get in.
    If the playfield and plastics better matched the rest of the game art I'd be all in, even with the above caveats. I'd give up something for that.
    I'm picky, and I cannot help looking at my games through the eyes of being a designer, just as far as being really detail oriented, but also looking at the relationships between dimensions. Doesn't mean I'm "right" about everything, just that I know how it makes me feel personally. It's okay to have different opinions about graphic design and paintings.
    What I can is that it looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could play it right now. The whole team should be proud of what we're seeing here, it's an accomplishment.
    I hate to bring up something negative, but think about Predator. Now that we know the license was bullshit we know there was no studio slowing them down (believe me, approvals can drag if you don't have someone super cool like Rob Zombie personally okaying shit). Think how long Predator took to even get to "pretend done" stage.
    Now look how fast Spooky did Rob Zombie in comparison. And it looks like a way better game too. Indie pinball is here, they're proving it.
    These guys are just going to keep getting better IMHO. So if I don't buy this one I'm still going to look forward to each Spooky release.
    Charlie, and Ben, and everyone else who's been working with them who either I do, or don't yet know, you guys are rockstars.

Space is going to be a deciding factor for a lot of us in the next few years. After 2016 I will realistically only have 1 more space left unless I sell a game and right now I really like everything that I have. So I'm going to have to start being really selective also real soon.

With that said you obviously like the theme and music. Plus with you also seem to really like brutal games with short ball times like Flash Gordon. Add in the color screen, might be worth taking a chance on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-gameplay-video-first-look?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.