Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a00d83453e66269e2017c32d548bc970b.jpg
    New-1.png
    kaneda.jpg
    jump_conclusions-600x356.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Charlie just posted this in the Rob Zombie thread, but it's buried on like page 55, and I thought most people would miss it, and that would be a shame, everyone should see what these guys are up to.

I just want to give Spooky huge props for creating a new pinball. It looks like it doesn't play like anything else, has a color DMD out of the gate, obviously a ton of time and effort put into it, and it shows.

They're almost done building AMH, the new building is being put together right now, and they deserve everyone's respect for accomplishing so much.

Also, we need this game in the list so I can add it to the thread! It's real!

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

SO the question is, Are you in or out. You said you wanted to see gameplay before a decision.

Honestly? Still not sure. I've watched the video several times already. If I had space and was in a better cash stage? Yeah, no brainer. Done.

But I'm at capacity (technically over, my Abra Ca Dabra is on "location" at my wife's office), and I've swapped several games for the better over the last year. I'm in a good space, good balance of old and new games.

I like all my titles. I have to give something up for anything I bring in. And, I already need to do that for my Alien some time next year too, quite possibly around when RZ would come, but I have no idea where on the RZ list I even am.

So adding a game, and putting down $1000 right now at Xmas shopping season? That's not a snap thing for me. I know it is for some people, but my big game purchases are luxury deals that I really only do when I have "play money" from client side work or selling mods and can justify a little treat for all my work.

All I'm saying is, the game could be good, but not enough to make a "sacrifice" for right now. That's my honest answer.

I admit though, I'm tempted still. I'm leaning out, but if something convinces me I'll admit that I switched and get in.

If the playfield and plastics better matched the rest of the game art I'd be all in, even with the above caveats. I'd give up something for that.

I'm picky, and I cannot help looking at my games through the eyes of being a designer, just as far as being really detail oriented, but also looking at the relationships between dimensions. Doesn't mean I'm "right" about everything, just that I know how it makes me feel personally. It's okay to have different opinions about graphic design and paintings.

What I can is that it looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could play it right now. The whole team should be proud of what we're seeing here, it's an accomplishment.

I hate to bring up something negative, but think about Predator. Now that we know the license was bullshit we know there was no studio slowing them down (believe me, approvals can drag if you don't have someone super cool like Rob Zombie personally okaying shit). Think how long Predator took to even get to "pretend done" stage.

Now look how fast Spooky did Rob Zombie in comparison. And it looks like a way better game too. Indie pinball is here, they're proving it.

These guys are just going to keep getting better IMHO. So if I don't buy this one I'm still going to look forward to each Spooky release.

Charlie, and Ben, and everyone else who's been working with them who either I do, or don't yet know, you guys are rockstars.

#16 8 years ago

One thing I'm curious about is from the video it feels like multiball is really available, most of that entire gameplay video seemed to be in multiball or add a ball modes.

Did we just happen to see all the multiballs back to back? Or are the modes pretty multiball / add a ball focused?

I think if I had the game I'd want to really turn down the timers on all my ball savers.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I agree, it couldn't have came at a worse possible time. It did surprise me the deadline was literally the same "pay period" as Christmas. Almost couldn't make it happen, which bummed me out. But found a way.

Yeah, it kinda sucks. I thought we were going to have a month, and it would be January. Frankly it would be a lot easier to say yes to then. Right now? I'm buying a Macbook Air for my older daughter, she really needs a good homework computer. I'm buying presents for people, not myself.

It's first world problems, I could sell a pin. We'll see.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I like Aurich and all of his helpful insights...... but why do we care If he's in or out?
    There's like 500 people in line behind him to buy this pin.

Yeah, I mean, I don't mind answering the question, but I feel a little bit like I'm on a forum reality show. It's my own fault for agonizing over it in public, but let's not turn it into some big event. THE DECISION.

#76 8 years ago

Did you know that if you click on someone's avatar you get a neat little dashboard for that user? All kinds of useful info. Down in the bottom right is an Ignore button. If you click it then you no longer see that person's posts. Try it. You can alway turn it off if you don't like it, it's easy to turn off, so just give it a try and see what happens.

How about we stop talking about other people, or if I'm buying a game or not, and just talk about the game itself?

Who's close to Spooky and wants to stop by and put in some games? Take one for the team!

Charlie, more video! I want to hear more callouts!

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from brundaged:

Not sure why everyone's so hard on Aurich.

6a00d83453e66269e2017c32d548bc970b.jpg6a00d83453e66269e2017c32d548bc970b.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-gameplay-video-first-look?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.