Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a00d83453e66269e2017c32d548bc970b.jpg
    New-1.png
    kaneda.jpg
    jump_conclusions-600x356.jpg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Money is on the table. Come on Aurich, what's it gonna be. This is the pin you wanted, make room!

If he was going to take you up on it, you would have received a PM by now. He will decide when he's ready....

#52 8 years ago

Come on Aurich, what's it gonna be? We know you on on pinside. Either take the pin or let someone on the list have it. Nothing's gonna change between now and Friday.

#53 8 years ago

Thanks Aurich for pointing out this video. I,for one, didn't know it existed and it was enjoyable to watch. I'm always up for any kind of new pinball gameplay video from Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc, so thanks!

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Come on Aurich, what's it gonna be? We know you on on pinside. Either take the pin or let someone on the list have it. Nothing's gonna change between now and Friday.

are you some kind a fuckin lunatic? leave the guy make his own choice all the way up to 12 midnight on dead line day.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

are you some kind a fuckin lunatic? leave the guy make his own choice all the way up to 12 midnight on dead line day.

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. Just offering a lifeline if $$$ is the issue.

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

No, only destroying another thread.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Seriously, the offer is on the table. I think Aurich might have me on "ignore" so if someone else could relay the offer, much appreciated.

Quoted from kaneda:

Money is on the table. Come on Aurich, what's it gonna be. This is the pin you wanted, make room!

Quoted from kaneda:

Quoted from kaneda:

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. Just offering a lifeline if $$$ is the issue.

I take it you are the patient type.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

read all he wrote.not just money issue....not just space issue...not just playfield art..........its about the timing...only he knows what this means.you should have sent him pm with your offer..if you are on ignore then you already have your answer about the money

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Oh Frolic, has it really been destroyed? Don't be so dramatic.

#60 8 years ago

I think the dots look awesome on the game. It does look better seeing it in action versus a picture.

#61 8 years ago

Back to the video itself. It does look fun. I have to admit, Stern can be really cookie cutter and it's nice to just have something different to play. The dots do look amazing and I think the mods community is going to have a FIELD DAY making this pin look amazing. A pair of black mirror blades along would make it look 10x better. Does anyone live near Spooky? Would love to hear a random persons opinion.

#62 8 years ago

I'm interested in the Zombie pin, but tired of the bad S/N ratio in these threads. This is about RZ, not Aurich. Could the "Find posts by pinsider" feature be tweaked so that a minus sign in front of the name will invert the results and show all posts except those matching said pinsider? I really don't want to toss him in the bozo bin completely...
    New-1.pngNew-1.png

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I think the mods community is going to have a FIELD DAY making this pin look amazing

Yeah...look at that guy making custom 3D plastics! Cool stuff!!

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

He told me via a PM that you should send the money to my Paypal account and I will forward it on to him.

I will also take bitcoin and JJP redemption tickets.

#65 8 years ago

Someone want to pay my deposit? I can't guarantee I'd want to sell it, but I could promise a reach around. Let me clear ... you would be "gifting" the funds and I would be keeping them. If it sounds like I'm pimpin and ho'in myself out, well, those are just labels.. They don't really define me.

#66 8 years ago

When your wife or girlfriend leaves you for a dude who ownes a Rob Zombie pinball machine............Don't say I didn't warn you. Just buy it and thank me later!

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I'm interested in the Zombie pin, but tired of the bad S/N ratio in these threads. This is about RZ, not Aurich. Could the "Find posts by pinsider" feature be tweaked so that a minus sign in front of the name will invert the results and show all posts except those matching said pinsider? I really don't want to toss him in the bozo bin completely...

You know what would be a great feature...The ability to block certain users from posting in threads you started. For example, if you have 3 people on "ignore", those individuals couldn't post in a thread you started and vice versa. I think threads would be missing a lot of BS posts.

Oh, and I'm in. Even before I saw the gameplay video....Why? Because I own an AMH. Yes AMH is very lacking in the "art" and voice over department. But I was kinda of expecting that from a start up company. The game is an absolute blast to play, which more than makes up for it's flaws (and it does have them). Now game #2 is out, and it is already a vast improvement in the art, music, and voice department. I like and trust Spooky's ability to make a fun game. Anyway you slice it, game #2 is an improvement from game #1. And game #1 is a ton of fun. Game #2 is a no-brainer for people who love AMH.

#68 8 years ago

Another reason I'm in is due to playing AMH. I played it at MGC this year and was blown away, it was just so much fun! I played 2 player with another guy who had never played the game before either and we had a blast. I'm thinking RZ will be even more fun to play.

#69 8 years ago

The game looks like a modernized version of mid- 80s Solid States.
    The video confirmed my belief.

I love that era.

My deposit has been sent and I am in.

Marcus

#70 8 years ago

With these small unit runs and obvious design talent, if ever I was going to pick a pinball for appreciation potential, it would be Spookys first few games. I predict in ten years these pins will be highly collectible - maybe double their price today.

#71 8 years ago

I hope I am at the front of the list since I paid up on Friday

#72 8 years ago

Payment date has no effect on your spot in line. Charlie has said multiple times that your spot is dependent on when you signed up for the list.

#73 8 years ago

dupe

#74 8 years ago

Wow, no gameplay comments? I just found my limit for down votes for Kaneda. He normally doesn't bother me, but this lending money shit is fucked up.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Payment date has no effect on your spot in line. Charlie has said multiple times that your spot is dependent on when you signed up for the list.

Wonder where I am right when they announced the game I asked for a spot on the list. KT said only amh owners try back in July. So I emailed Charlie as other said they were on the list he got me to email KT back then I was put on the list so I'm hoping I should be near the front.

#76 8 years ago

Did you know that if you click on someone's avatar you get a neat little dashboard for that user? All kinds of useful info. Down in the bottom right is an Ignore button. If you click it then you no longer see that person's posts. Try it. You can alway turn it off if you don't like it, it's easy to turn off, so just give it a try and see what happens.

How about we stop talking about other people, or if I'm buying a game or not, and just talk about the game itself?

Who's close to Spooky and wants to stop by and put in some games? Take one for the team!

Charlie, more video! I want to hear more callouts!

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Who's close to Spooky and wants to stop by and put in some games? Take one for the team!

I would love to stop by as soon as the door are open for a visit.

#78 8 years ago

i am on the list of 300 with joe at pinballstar so i am going to go for it. i feel i can't go wrong. do we know if there is any thought to modifying the playfield and putting game name on the side art or is it done the way it is? either way, i am in

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

i am on the list of 300 with joe at pinballstar so i am going to go for it. i feel i can't go wrong. do we know if there is any thought to modifying the playfield and putting game name on the side art or is it done the way it is? either way, i am in

It's done. Artwork will not change.

#80 8 years ago

It's done. Artwork will not change.

ok. thanks. i think it does look good from a player's view. that angle makes a difference. overhead views tend to show the gaps in the art more. i am cool with it

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from vilant:

Yes AMH is very lacking in the "art" and voice over department. But I was kinda of expecting that from a start up company. The game is an absolute blast to play, which more than makes up for it's flaws (and it does have them).

Here's the thing, at least for me... The voices and art on AMH actually really matches the theme to me. We've got a group of not overly professional ghost hunters that are trying to make a show. As one of the quotes says, we're here to prove that ghosts are real... Unless they're not.

If a random group of four friends without editing experience was going to make a show like this, the package AMH has I think actually completely matches it. It wouldn't be polished. They would sometimes say dumb or awkward things.

Its definitely not normal, but as a theme about amateur ghost hunters trying to make a show about their adventures, I have grown to absolutely love it.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

How about we stop talking about other people, or if I'm buying a game or not, and just talk about the game itself?

I think that anyone who trudged through the other thread wants to know if you're getting the game in large part because you made a whole bunch of seemingly stream of consciousness posts about what you didn't like about it, yet you remain on the fence.

I already know my answer, and probably about two people in the world care. But you put yourself out there, and now I'm curious too. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I just don't need to post about it every ten minutes.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Here's the thing, at least for me... The voices and art on AMH actually really matches the theme to me. We've got a group of not overly professional ghost hunters that are trying to make a show. As one of the quotes says, we're here to prove that ghosts are real... Unless they're not.
    If a random group of four friends without editing experience was going to make a show like this, the package AMH has I think actually completely matches it. It wouldn't be polished. They would sometimes say dumb or awkward things.
    Its definitely not normal, but as a theme about amateur ghost hunters trying to make a show about their adventures, I have grown to absolutely love it.

100% agree. It's so nice to have a game with humor opposed to the super serious games that have been coming out lately.

-c

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I think that anyone who trudged through the other thread wants to know if you're getting the game in large part because you made a whole bunch of seemingly stream of consciousness posts about what you didn't like about it, yet you remain on the fence.

Not sure why everyone's so hard on Aurich. I'm in the same situation and agree with him. I also haven't decided yet. I appreciate his comments and concerns--it all needed to be said, and it did lead to a response from Charlie that helped clarify the situation. Aurich's not alone.

The main points for me:

-The game looks fun and quirky
    -It's unique in so many ways
    -Cabinet art is amazing
    -It's another Spooky pin, with the promise of more AMH greatness

But:

-Theme is a major negative (slasher movies not my taste at all)
    -Playfield is good, but lacks something
    -There are other great pins on the horizon with themes I can get excited about

If the playfield art and design knocked it out of the park it would be hard to resist--that's why it was focused on.

I can't blame Aurich for still being on the fence. We all love pinball, and no one wants to pass up the only chance at a unique pin. So for those of us still undecided, of course we want to see more. We want to be persuaded to go for it.

For my part I'm probably going to pass, but I'll think of RZ wistfully in years to come.

#85 8 years ago

I am possibly going to play on Tuesday. Have to confirm with Charlie yet. What's a 7 hour round trip when pinball is involved?

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am possibly going to play on Tuesday. Have to confirm with Charlie yet. What's a 7 hour round trip when pinball is involved?

Very cool... we'll be waiting for your review, if you do.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from brundaged:

Not sure why everyone's so hard on Aurich.

6a00d83453e66269e2017c32d548bc970b.jpg6a00d83453e66269e2017c32d548bc970b.jpg

#88 8 years ago

because you're hard on pinball [artwork]

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from brundaged:

But:

That alone should steer you away from the title, I understand you don't want to miss out but this has body parts been cut for random awards.

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from brundaged:

Not sure why everyone's so hard on Aurich. I'm in the same situation and agree with him. I also haven't decided yet. I appreciate his comments and concerns--it all needed to be said, and it did lead to a response from Charlie that helped clarify the situation. Aurich's not alone.
    The main points for me:
    -The game looks fun and quirky
    -It's unique in so many ways
    -Cabinet art is amazing
    -It's another Spooky pin, with the promise of more AMH greatness
    But:
    If the playfield art and design knocked it out of the park it would be hard to resist--that's why it was focused on.
    I can't blame Aurich for still being on the fence. We all love pinball, and no one wants to pass up the only chance at a unique pin. So for those of us still undecided, of course we want to see more. We want to be persuaded to go for it.
    For my part I'm probably going to pass, but I'll think of RZ wistfully in years to come.

I don't care for slasher movies but this pin seems to be a watered down version in that tons of humor, cartoon type graphics, cool artwork and adrenalin inducing music.

I don't like it when I read that it's a no brainer. No it isn't - any new pinball company is a high risk venture so yes, the game might go up in value but don't buy in if you can't tolerate losing $1000 deposit. Spooky have shown they can deliver so hoping for great things but go in with eyes open.

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from brundaged:

Theme is a major negative (slasher movies not my taste at all) <<<<<<MAJOR POSITIVE FOR ME

It's the other two I'm trying to figure out.

Pretty difficult to get a feel of the layout, and how its going to play, with 7 minutes of video.

Especially the upper play field that Charlie made look simple. Will that be a plus or get really boring? It's definitely different.

Jump in and see how it plays out on the Jack Danger stream? That's where I'm at now. Such a great theme!

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It's the other two I'm trying to figure out.
    Pretty difficult to get a feel of the layout, and how its going to play, with 7 minutes of video.
    Especially the upper play field that Charlie made look simple. Will that be a plus or get really boring? It's definitely different.
    Jump in and see how it plays out on the Jack Danger stream? That's where I'm at now. Such a great theme!

Maybe the upper playfield needs to be on a short timer so you feel rushed to complete?

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Maybe the upper playfield needs to be on a short timer so you feel rushed to complete?

Something like that, and maybe Spaulding yelling and cursing at you the whole time.

#94 8 years ago

UP you need 3 rollovers of each lane, then Spaulding is lit 3 Bashes to open him final shot past him to complete.

Unlike AMH you can restart completed modes in RZ. Spaulding for example takes more hits to open and hit every time.

#95 8 years ago

I don't think this is accurate. I originally got in line as soon as I heard the rumors this summer (June 13 was the exact date I emailed, which is before the Rob Zombie thread was even started here on pinside). But I didn't pay my deposit until last night, as I wanted to see gameplay before making a final decision. I asked KT what number my machine is and she told me "you are way towards the back." So unless several hundred people signed up before the official announcement showed up on pinside, I am assuming machine number is based on when you sent your deposit.

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from wonderpuddle:

So unless several hundred people signed up before the official announcement was showed up on pinside, I am assuming machine number is based on when you sent your deposit.

That's really strange. I thought payment date had no effect on spot in line either.

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from brundaged:

Not sure why everyone's so hard on Aurich.

For the record, I wasn't trying to be hard on him. My last line where I said "I just don't need to post about it every 10 minutes." was NOT supposed to be directed at him, although I can see how people may have mistook that it was. I was saying that I don't need to post every 10 minutes to ask him what his decision is / was, like seemingly a few others do need to do.

Having said that, I did mean what I said that his posts made me curious on his decision. I read through enough of his posts that I do want to know the conclusion of his story. I hope he shares it.

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That's really strange. I thought payment date had no effect on spot in line either.

I was never all that clear on it. The email says "Once you reply and commit, Kayte will give you your game number...". I didn't receive a number when I committed, but I was sending a check, so I thought it might be once they received it.

I could have sworn Charlie posted something here, but I couldn't find it in a quick search.

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

UP you need 3 rollovers of each lane, then Spaulding is lit 3 Bashes to open him final shot past him to complete.
    Unlike AMH you can restart completed modes in RZ. Spaulding for example takes more hits to open and hit every time.

This is mostly true, but you better be sure you want to do that or you'll pay for it

#100 8 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

F-

Pinside won't let me give Keneda any more thumbs down? Is anyone else having this problem as well?

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-gameplay-video-first-look/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.