Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a00d83453e66269e2017c32d548bc970b.jpg
    New-1.png
    kaneda.jpg
    jump_conclusions-600x356.jpg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Charlie just posted this in the Rob Zombie thread, but it's buried on like page 55, and I thought most people would miss it, and that would be a shame, everyone should see what these guys are up to.

I just want to give Spooky huge props for creating a new pinball. It looks like it doesn't play like anything else, has a color DMD out of the gate, obviously a ton of time and effort put into it, and it shows.

They're almost done building AMH, the new building is being put together right now, and they deserve everyone's respect for accomplishing so much.

Also, we need this game in the list so I can add it to the thread! It's real!

#2 8 years ago

its awesome love the modes so far. That 7 muilty ball is crazy

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Charlie just posted this in the Rob Zombie thread, but it's buried on like page 55, and I thought most people would miss it, and that would be a shame, everyone should see what these guys are up to.
    I just want to give Spooky huge props for creating a new pinball. It looks like it doesn't play like anything else, has a color DMD out of the gate, obviously a ton of time and effort put into it, and it shows.
    They're almost done building AMH, the new building is being put together right now, and they deserve everyone's respect for accomplishing so much.
    » YouTube video
    Also, we need this game in the list so I can add it to the thread! It's real!

SO the question is, Are you in or out. You said you wanted to see gameplay before a decision.

#4 8 years ago

Inquiring minds want to know!

#5 8 years ago

I guess we're just all too dumb to go to the original thread to view the video.

#6 8 years ago

I'd say he is in

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

I'd say he is in

Sure but he wont say so yet. He'll pester the programmer to post a full ruleset and then at the last minute he'll say it was a tough decision but he just barely decided to send his deposit.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

SO the question is, Are you in or out. You said you wanted to see gameplay before a decision.

he said he was going to watch it more and deiced later

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Honestly? Still not sure. I've watched the video several times already. If I had space and was in a better cash stage? Yeah, no brainer. Done.

But I'm at capacity (technically over, my Abra Ca Dabra is on "location" at my wife's office), and I've swapped several games for the better over the last year. I'm in a good space, good balance of old and new games.

I like all my titles. I have to give something up for anything I bring in. And, I already need to do that for my Alien some time next year too, quite possibly around when RZ would come, but I have no idea where on the RZ list I even am.

So adding a game, and putting down $1000 right now at Xmas shopping season? That's not a snap thing for me. I know it is for some people, but my big game purchases are luxury deals that I really only do when I have "play money" from client side work or selling mods and can justify a little treat for all my work.

All I'm saying is, the game could be good, but not enough to make a "sacrifice" for right now. That's my honest answer.

I admit though, I'm tempted still. I'm leaning out, but if something convinces me I'll admit that I switched and get in.

If the playfield and plastics better matched the rest of the game art I'd be all in, even with the above caveats. I'd give up something for that.

I'm picky, and I cannot help looking at my games through the eyes of being a designer, just as far as being really detail oriented, but also looking at the relationships between dimensions. Doesn't mean I'm "right" about everything, just that I know how it makes me feel personally. It's okay to have different opinions about graphic design and paintings.

What I can is that it looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could play it right now. The whole team should be proud of what we're seeing here, it's an accomplishment.

I hate to bring up something negative, but think about Predator. Now that we know the license was bullshit we know there was no studio slowing them down (believe me, approvals can drag if you don't have someone super cool like Rob Zombie personally okaying shit). Think how long Predator took to even get to "pretend done" stage.

Now look how fast Spooky did Rob Zombie in comparison. And it looks like a way better game too. Indie pinball is here, they're proving it.

These guys are just going to keep getting better IMHO. So if I don't buy this one I'm still going to look forward to each Spooky release.

Charlie, and Ben, and everyone else who's been working with them who either I do, or don't yet know, you guys are rockstars.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I guess we're just all too dumb to go to the original thread to view the video.

...Or it gets buried so quickly that it isn't easy to find. Oh, and lighten up Francis.

#11 8 years ago

Game looks great and the display looks awesome too

#12 8 years ago

Not since BSD and Harbody have I heard so many female moans in a pinball machine. Hope there is a mode with all moans. Funny/Spooky stuff.

#13 8 years ago

I am in, figure why not. Seems to be a safe bet. If it's not for me I am sure someone will want it. But I am an RZ fan and the art is very nice.

#14 8 years ago

the display is wicked.

Game looks much improved over pinball zombies. Congrats to everyone.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

putting down $1000 right now at Xmas shopping season? That's not a snap thing for me. I know it is for some people, but my big game purchases are luxury deals that I really only do when I have "play money" from client side work or selling mods

I agree, it couldn't have came at a worse possible time. It did surprise me the deadline was literally the same "pay period" as Christmas. Almost couldn't make it happen, which bummed me out. But found a way.

#16 8 years ago

One thing I'm curious about is from the video it feels like multiball is really available, most of that entire gameplay video seemed to be in multiball or add a ball modes.

Did we just happen to see all the multiballs back to back? Or are the modes pretty multiball / add a ball focused?

I think if I had the game I'd want to really turn down the timers on all my ball savers.

#17 8 years ago

I was in with 1st vid and seeing the game play makes me even more happy.

#18 8 years ago

i think it looks great! i am a big fan of what Spooky are pulling off thru old fashioned hard work!

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I agree, it couldn't have came at a worse possible time. It did surprise me the deadline was literally the same "pay period" as Christmas. Almost couldn't make it happen, which bummed me out. But found a way.

Yeah, it kinda sucks. I thought we were going to have a month, and it would be January. Frankly it would be a lot easier to say yes to then. Right now? I'm buying a Macbook Air for my older daughter, she really needs a good homework computer. I'm buying presents for people, not myself.

It's first world problems, I could sell a pin. We'll see.

#20 8 years ago

Love the display and graphics and gameplay is ok . Lots of mb modes like demo man . Most of the action is in the lower half and some air balls off the back targets by inner loop. Looks like the left loop goes to upper play field most the time and ones that go threw get redirected by the upper right sling into one of the pops . I think with some fine tuning of the switches and game level it cld be a decent player. It wont be for everyone but will be fun to shoot when you come across one bc its different.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

One thing I'm curious about is from the video it feels like multiball is really available, most of that entire gameplay video seemed to be in multiball or add a ball modes.
    Did we just happen to see all the multiballs back to back? Or are the modes pretty multiball / add a ball focused?
    I think if I had the game I'd want to really turn down the timers on all my ball savers.

I'm sure my post in the other thread is buried already, so at the risk of being redundant, I think it's a lot like Stargate. Multiball/add-a-ball lover's delight. I liked Stargate and would still own it, but someone really wanted it and made an offer I couldn't refuse. Sometimes you want a fast game with lots of control and sometimes, you just need a chaotic table full of steel to go apeshit on!

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

There are a couple 2-ball multis, a 5 ball, a 7 ball, maybe more? It reminds me of GnR, which has about 5 mult-ball modes from 2-6 balls each.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

There is a setting to change the save time. Keep in mind, Chuck got lucky on what mode. It's not as easy as he made it look. He also got lucky on the RHPL shot that added the EB, you only get that after beating What!. Chuck also cheated to get 1000 corpse mode started.

LDG mode is fun to start, and tough to complete. You can only attempt it once a ball, unless you figure out how to reset it.

Believe me, you won't be able to just start up What! whenever you want to get MB

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Keep in mind, Chuck got lucky on what mode.

Speaking of modes, are you released to talk about them now?

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Speaking of modes, are you released to talk about them now?

Let me find out how Chuck wants to do it. He may want to show more video.

#26 8 years ago

Man, I think this game looks pretty bad-ass. Congrats to those who are in on this machine. Love the sling action and animations (and obviously the music).
    Just curious, there seemed to be a lot of air-balls from the coffin targets - is there anything that can be done to prevent that? Maybe a piece of plastic extending a little over the area kind of like the Megatron fix on Transformers?

#27 8 years ago

A full draft of the ruleset would be VERY nice to see.

The short gameplay video was nice but I still have absolutely no idea how this game really plays or feels from the video. It seems to have a nice amount of flow vs randomness, still lots of good lateral movement, a few short and a few long shots, and seems to be very frantic and I like that.

An idea of rules, objectives, mini-wiz, and wiz modes woudl help to get a better feel for the game.

I am really hoping to get the opportuntiy to go pick up an AMH soon and lay my hands on RZ to check it out myself. If not, then it is going to feel like and eternity till deadflip shows up to stream.

Current gameplay video is enough to convince me the game looks fun to play and refined since PZfbtG, but I would still like more just normal gameplay.

Put the golden boy on the game and live stream it for a few hours of him playing for fun. No need for ball in hand, just regular old play.

#28 8 years ago

I think it looks great! Finally a layout that is not standard. I for one love all the multiballs. Wish I had the cash to get a game like this.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly? Still not sure. I've watched the video several times already. If I had space and was in a better cash stage? Yeah, no brainer. Done.
    But I'm at capacity (technically over, my Abra Ca Dabra is on "location" at my wife's office), and I've swapped several games for the better over the last year. I'm in a good space, good balance of old and new games.
    I like all my titles. I have to give something up for anything I bring in. And, I already need to do that for my Alien some time next year too, quite possibly around when RZ would come, but I have no idea where on the RZ list I even am.
    So adding a game, and putting down $1000 right now at Xmas shopping season? That's not a snap thing for me. I know it is for some people, but my big game purchases are luxury deals that I really only do when I have "play money" from client side work or selling mods and can justify a little treat for all my work.
    All I'm saying is, the game could be good, but not enough to make a "sacrifice" for right now. That's my honest answer.
    I admit though, I'm tempted still. I'm leaning out, but if something convinces me I'll admit that I switched and get in.
    If the playfield and plastics better matched the rest of the game art I'd be all in, even with the above caveats. I'd give up something for that.
    I'm picky, and I cannot help looking at my games through the eyes of being a designer, just as far as being really detail oriented, but also looking at the relationships between dimensions. Doesn't mean I'm "right" about everything, just that I know how it makes me feel personally. It's okay to have different opinions about graphic design and paintings.
    What I can is that it looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could play it right now. The whole team should be proud of what we're seeing here, it's an accomplishment.
    I hate to bring up something negative, but think about Predator. Now that we know the license was bullshit we know there was no studio slowing them down (believe me, approvals can drag if you don't have someone super cool like Rob Zombie personally okaying shit). Think how long Predator took to even get to "pretend done" stage.
    Now look how fast Spooky did Rob Zombie in comparison. And it looks like a way better game too. Indie pinball is here, they're proving it.
    These guys are just going to keep getting better IMHO. So if I don't buy this one I'm still going to look forward to each Spooky release.
    Charlie, and Ben, and everyone else who's been working with them who either I do, or don't yet know, you guys are rockstars.

If you don't want it, you have a standing offer for someone to buy it off you and take it off your hands

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Space is going to be a deciding factor for a lot of us in the next few years. After 2016 I will realistically only have 1 more space left unless I sell a game and right now I really like everything that I have. So I'm going to have to start being really selective also real soon.

With that said you obviously like the theme and music. Plus with you also seem to really like brutal games with short ball times like Flash Gordon. Add in the color screen, might be worth taking a chance on.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

I'd say he is in

I'd say he's out.

#32 8 years ago

It is a bit old school, which i like and many will. But i am more of a new shit pin fan.

Somehow this video reminds me of an elvira pin gameplay.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Somehow this video reminds me of an Elvira pin gameplay

Er, no.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm in the same place. Either my collector quality BSD or cq WH2O would have to be sold to make physical space. I've flip-flopped a dozen times in my head. Four more days to decide! Colossal achievement by Spooky either way.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, it kinda sucks. I thought we were going to have a month, and it would be January. Frankly it would be a lot easier to say yes to then. Right now? I'm buying a Macbook Air for my older daughter, she really needs a good homework computer. I'm buying presents for people, not myself.
    It's first world problems, I could sell a pin. We'll see.

The timing is probably related to taxes. Spooky had a lot of expenses this year, which may offset the deposit income. If he took the money in next year, the taxes would be harder to deal with.

#36 8 years ago

He's out. You clearly stated how you feel about the art/plastics and they sound like deal breakers for you.

This burns Aurich up to no end because he basically pitched Charlie on the idea of a Rob Zombie pin and now that it's real he is devastated because the art that came back on the playfield has made it almost impossible for him to buy. Must suck to see the theme you wanted so bad come out and fail at the one thing you stand for - AMAZING ART. Aurich is a student of design and the entire art package needs to be cohesive or it would drive him nuts.

So for these reasons, he's out. Aurich, if it's really about the holiday money crunch, I've got an offer for you!

I'll lend you $1,000 to secure your deposit, but you have to pay me back when your pin ships. This will get you by the holidays and for many many months to come. I won't even charge you interest. How about it?

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I've got an offer for you!
    I'll lend you $1,000 to secure your deposit, but you have to pay me back when your pin ships. This will get you by the holidays and for many many months to come. I won't even charge you interest. How about it?

I'm sure the devil is in the details.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I could sell a pin. We'll see.

Please let me know if you want to move Scared Stiff or Tron.

#39 8 years ago

Wow, the game looks cool! I'm impressed with the number of mechanical toys. The display looks sharp too, but there's a LOT of Feast of Flesh/Angry Birds font going on, there.

#40 8 years ago

Aurich what's for sale ?

#41 8 years ago

Seriously, the offer is on the table. I think Aurich might have me on "ignore" so if someone else could relay the offer, much appreciated.

#42 8 years ago

I would say that if you are not totally loving it, I wouldn't get one. No reason to stress about it. Any new pin is serious money so if it doesn't check off all the boxes then save your money until one does. Maybe you could make money by keeping it nib and selling it down the road but that's not pinball.

#43 8 years ago

I like Aurich and all of his helpful insights...... but why do we care If he's in or out?

There's like 500 people in line behind him to buy this pin.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I like Aurich and all of his helpful insights...... but why do we care If he's in or out?
    There's like 500 people in line behind him to by this pin.

I know how much he loves this theme and I think he should have one. Look space might be the issue, but if money during the holidays is, now it's not.

#45 8 years ago

Kudos to Charlie for the mix of old-school, SS features and modern ones.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

There's like 500 people in line behind him to buy this pin.

Yeah, I mean, I don't mind answering the question, but I feel a little bit like I'm on a forum reality show. It's my own fault for agonizing over it in public, but let's not turn it into some big event. THE DECISION.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

I'm sure the devil is in the details.

People may dislike Kaneda's controversial topics and posts, but I don't think anyone could find an issue with his honesty, because he always seems to come through.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

People may dislike Kaneda's controversial topics and posts, but I don't think anyone could find an issue with his honesty, because he always seems to come through.

I think you might be confusing honesty with delusion.

#49 8 years ago

Money is on the table. Come on Aurich, what's it gonna be. This is the pin you wanted, make room!

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

He's out. You clearly stated how you feel about the art/plastics and they sound like deal breakers for you.
    This burns Aurich up to no end because he basically pitched Charlie on the idea of a Rob Zombie pin and now that it's real he is devastated because the art that came back on the playfield has made it almost impossible for him to buy. Must suck to see the theme you wanted so bad come out and fail at the one thing you stand for - AMAZING ART. Aurich is a student of design and the entire art package needs to be cohesive or it would drive him nuts.
    So for these reasons, he's out. Aurich, if it's really about the holiday money crunch, I've got an offer for you!

jump_conclusions-600x356.jpgjump_conclusions-600x356.jpg

kaneda.jpgkaneda.jpg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-gameplay-video-first-look/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.