102_5253 (resized).JPG
102_5250 (resized).JPG
102_5249 (resized).JPG
102_5247 (resized).JPG
102_5245 (resized).JPG
102_5246 (resized).JPG
102_5239 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

Please help spread the word on this unique charity game... for those of you who might not know, with America's Most Haunted #150, we raised $11,000 for Juvenile Diabetes Research in the name of Bryan Kelly's grandson Gordon. This means it helps ALL children afflicted with this disease, and someone gets a VERY special game in the process!

This one of a kind, bad ass machine is all decked out in custom stainless that will NEVER BE MADE AGAIN for any reason.
RGB stainless speaker grills, RGB stainless lock bar, custom side rails, hinges, legs LE backglass, Back Alley Creations lighted toys, knocker, shaker motor, premium LED's, plastic protectors... all donated by Pinball Life, Pinball Metal, Back Alley Creations, and Spooky Pinball LLC.

This game will be at the Midwest Gaming Classic this Saturday night, and will be auctioned off for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation by Svengoolie himself. Bidding begins at $4,995... every dime over that goes to JDRF!!! Winner CAN take this home, right then and there... if you can't be there and would still like to bid, please email [email protected] ... please spread the word, and let's make some money for a GREAT cause!!!

Big thanks to everyone who bought a Rob Zombie game to push us to this game as well... Life is good, let's see if we can't make it even better for some little ones out there!

102_5239 (resized).JPG102_5239 (resized).JPG

102_5246 (resized).JPG102_5246 (resized).JPG

102_5245 (resized).JPG102_5245 (resized).JPG

102_5247 (resized).JPG102_5247 (resized).JPG

102_5249 (resized).JPG102_5249 (resized).JPG

102_5250 (resized).JPG102_5250 (resized).JPG

102_5253 (resized).JPG102_5253 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Awesome job Spooky and congrats on nearing this milestone!

Lets hope a ton of money is raised for a great cause!

#3 6 years ago

Badass! Congrats for making it over the finish line!

#4 6 years ago

Congrats and a worthy cause. My 13yo son was diagnosed with type 1 juvenile diabetes at 7 years old.

#5 6 years ago

It's a lot of good people coming together to make this happen... AGAIN! Just proud to be a part of all this, and do something positive with #300 to help some kids that don't understand what's happening to them.

See you at MGC this Saturday night!

#6 6 years ago

Great cause. Our 17 year old was diagnosed at 13.

#7 6 years ago

And don't forget the hand made 1 of a kind custom Doug LIONManly Pingulp!!!

Clearly worth the 16k AMH #150 drew alone.

Resized952017033195200014 (resized).jpgResized952017033195200014 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

This thread should be tacked to the top of page one . This game looks awesome and has the ability to raise a lot of money for juvenile diabetes research .

#9 6 years ago

And people ask me all the time why I like you, Chuck. Now they know.

That is one BADASS looking game. Nicely done by all who helped!!

#10 6 years ago

Shared on three Facebook pages. Thank you Charlie and all who made this possible.

LTG : )

#11 6 years ago

And this is why Charlie and Kayte have picked JDRF for their donation. This is my grandson, Gordon, at 15 months old after being admitted to the emergency room on a Sunday night with blood sugar levels around 650. I will NEVER forget that evening.

He's now 4 and has been using an insulin pump since he was 18 months old and has been using a Dexcom monitor for the last couple of years. He even knows how to test himself now. If you were to ask me who in my life I admire most, it would be Gordon, along with his parents. It is incredible to me what they go through every single day, all day long, 24 hours a day.

Because of Charlie's donations, along with many, many others, I diabetic's life may soon become so much easier.

http://onedrop.today/blog/2016/05/03/3-weeks-on-a-bionic-pancreas/

THANK YOU, Charlie and Kayte. You guys are THE BEST!!!!

IMG_0029 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPG

IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG

IMG_0027 (resized).JPGIMG_0027 (resized).JPG

IMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPG

IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG

#12 6 years ago

Wow, incredible machine for an awesome cause. I won't be at the show but will email Kayte to place some bids.

Congrats to Spooky for making it to the finish line, what a great achievement!

#13 6 years ago

Well done

Great gesture.

#14 6 years ago

Is there a place to donate along with or outside of bidding on the machine? Anyone with children and the thought of going thru that or any affliction tears at your heart. I'd be happy to donate as part of this whole cause.

#15 6 years ago

looks great and GREAT cause!

Thanks for all you do team SPOOKY!

#16 6 years ago

Stickied to the front. This game looks amazing!

Quoted from bemmett:

Is there a place to donate along with or outside of bidding on the machine? Anyone with children and the thought of going thru that or any affliction tears at your heart. I'd be happy to donate as part of this whole cause.

I think you can send a donation through this link:
http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Walk/MinnesotaChapter4316?team_id=217162&pg=team&fr_id=6409

(Edited: I changed the link to the one Bryan suggested below)

#17 6 years ago

The spooky team is simply amazing. Good people all around. My wife and I are proud supporters. The RZ machine looks amazing. I love my game. Very challenging yet a blast to play. Keep up the good work.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Great to see you in Texas, and thanks Robin!

And by all means yes, if anyone would just like to make a donation to JDRF you can ABSOLUTELY do so! Really you don't need us for that, but if you want to send a check to KT, we'll just add it to the game sale total in the name of Team Gordon!

[email protected]
Spooky Pinball LLC
184 Ridge Ave
Benton WI, 53803

Make out to JDRF, not Spooky

Happy to help when we can, where we can, and this is a 100% TEAM effort! Someone is going to get the single nicest game we've ever made... and help a great cause in return.

#19 6 years ago

Really Cool! The custom metal work puts it over the top! Its a beautiful super limited edition ---- limited edition!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I think you can send a donation through this link:
https://www2.jdrf.org/site/Donation2?2376.donation=form1&df_id=2376&s_src=jdrf.org&s_subsrc=siteMenuButton

You can also do it here, so Team G gets credit for it.

http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Walk/MinnesotaChapter4316?team_id=217162&pg=team&fr_id=6409

Last year, largely because of the sale of AMH #150, Team G raised a little over $16,000!!

#21 6 years ago

It would be sweet if we could get a PDF cut sheet, something to post up here and there where pockets might be found.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You can also do it here, so Team G gets credit for it.

Done, best wishes to your family

#23 6 years ago

And if I am not mistaken, the winning bid will be able to be written off as a tax-deduction. Or at least anything above $4995, since all proceeds beyond that will be going to JDRF. A fantastic company supporting a great cause with a wonderful machine! Does it get any better than a triple-play?

Brad

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

And if I am not mistaken, the winning bid will be able to be written off as a tax-deduction. Or at least anything above $4995, since all proceeds beyond that will be going to JDRF. A fantastic company supporting a great cause with a wonderful machine! Does it get any better than a triple-play?
Brad

It depends on how much you make. Some might not get any write off.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

It depends on how much you make. Some might not get any write off.

Yes and my terminology was probably incorrect as well, I imagine it would be defined as a charitable contribution.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/substantiating-charitable-contributions

I didn't mean to present a blanket statement that everyone could get a write-off, as I have no idea of anyone's situation outside my own. I appreciate you mentioning that as I don't want to provide misinformation to others.

Brad

#26 6 years ago

If it's ok.. We would like to donate a set of our Creeping Death PowerBladez towards the machine. Even though they were designed for MET..they also look great on RZ ,TAF and TFTC and will work fine.

Unfortunately, my family is no stranger to this disease both on my side and my wife's side. We would love to do whatever we can to help.

As a matter of fact.. our very own PINUPGIRL1975 is heavily involved with he JDRF foundation. She has been on Cable TV several times and has been asked to speak at many seminars.

When she is not helping out with PinGraffix she is doing her thing for the JDRF which is mostly voluntarily.

Sending good thoughts!

#27 6 years ago

PinGraffix Thank you so much for the donation. That will look fantastic in the game.

#28 6 years ago

If you want to bid but can't be there email me [email protected] what your starting bid is & how high you want to bid. I will have a "minion" be you at the auction & bid for you

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

If you want to bid but can't be there email me [email protected] what your starting bid is & how high you want to bid. I will have a "minion" be you at the auction & bid for you

Is there a minion line up for us to pick our stand in from

#30 6 years ago

The blades look sweet. So nice. Will look cool on the game.

#31 6 years ago

J Gentry had current high bid of $5000

#32 6 years ago

Russ S is now high bidder at $5200

#33 6 years ago

Game looks amazing! I can't wait to receive mine. Reading this makes me that much more of a Spooky fan! Keep grinding away guys you're knocking it out of the park thus far.

#34 6 years ago

Dino N is highbid at $8000

#35 6 years ago

Remember... KT will take email bids until 7:45 pm tonight on this. Just give her your max bid, and we'll only bump you the required amount needed for you to win. (Like ebay)

Live auction will end about 8:00.

#36 6 years ago

Good luck bidders.. almost hammer time!

#37 6 years ago

BUMP for last 5 minutes to get those email bids in to KT. Good luck to Spooky and the winning bidder!

Brad

#38 6 years ago

Any update what the final bid was?
Magicchiz

#41 6 years ago

$10,000

#42 6 years ago

I think a live auction would have gotten it up higher , silent auction was
Done to not break any WI laws . Still a nice amount of money raised for a good cause .

20170409_102853 (resized).jpg20170409_102853 (resized).jpg

#43 6 years ago

If the winning bidder is not local PinballSTAR will pay the shipping... Others have done this for our winners when we run our children's hospital raffle, so I'm returning the favor to my friends at Spooky and whoever won to support them. Love and admiration to Spooky and Bryan... : )
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#44 6 years ago

Wow!! That's amazing!!! Excellent showing last night Spooky and all for a fantastic cause! Congrats to the winner and everyone involved!

#45 6 years ago

Excellent. The machine looks awesome. Kind of wish I didn't have one already!! Congrats to the new owner and Spooky for doing a good thing for charity.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

If the winning bidder is not local PinballSTAR will pay the shipping... Others have done this for our winners when we run our children's hospital raffle, so I'm returning the favor to my friends at Spooky and whoever won to support them. Love and admiration to Spooky and Bryan... : )
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

It's awesome of you to offer that for this cause Joe!!
PinballStar is a great asset to Spooky Pinball and everything pinball! He really goes above and beyond with customers!
Great person to deal with!

#47 6 years ago

Wow,I read this too late! I would have gone to 12K!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-custom-300-auction-for-jdrf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.