20171231_004634 (resized).jpg
20171231_004337 (resized).jpg
20171231_004604 (resized).jpg
20171231_004546 (resized).jpg
20171231_004331 (resized).jpg
20171230_234638 (resized).jpg
20171230_234806 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01437-rob-zombie-ball-stop-mod-fix

This is a fix for the issue of balls falling into the cabinet during play. It installs quickly with no permanent modification (hooks around the lower apron and uses the factory bolt). Credit to "jeffspinballpalace" for the suggestion to tackle this fix

Shipping will begin Thursday once boxes arrive (or on the 2nd if you're in run #2 of the LDG mod).

20171230_234806 (resized).jpg20171230_234806 (resized).jpg

20171230_234638 (resized).jpg20171230_234638 (resized).jpg

20171231_004331 (resized).jpg20171231_004331 (resized).jpg

20171231_004546 (resized).jpg20171231_004546 (resized).jpg

20171231_004604 (resized).jpg20171231_004604 (resized).jpg

20171231_004337 (resized).jpg20171231_004337 (resized).jpg

20171231_004634 (resized).jpg20171231_004634 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

You're the man!

#3 6 years ago

Ordered, now I don't have to rig something up. Thanks for making this.
-Mike

#4 6 years ago

I've added a lifetime guarantee to the sale page. As noted there, I expect these ball-stops to last the life of the machine, but will send another out at no charge should anything happen (including if the dog ate it ...or in my experience, the significant other throwing it in the trash...bye bye Sparky air-ball shield [fortunately caught it before trash went out ]).

Shipping a batch of these tomorrow and have a few extra in case I get orders by noon or so tomorrow. Next shipping day is likely Saturday.

#5 6 years ago

Just got all of these shipped out today (aside from those shipping with LDG mods). Everyone should have a tracking update on the order page

If anyone on a future LDG run wants one of these included with free/combined shipping, just send me a PM.

While it's somewhat obvious how this installs, the ones that shipped out earlier this week with LDG mods didn't include instructions, so here they are just in case

RZ ball stop (resized).pngRZ ball stop (resized).png

#6 6 years ago

It's been brought to my attention that one of my customers on this mod had a different clearance than my machine, leading to the auto-plunger hitting the base of the ball-stop. He was able to fix this issue on his machine with some washers under the lower apron area, but I don't expect anyone to have to do that.

Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue, or perhaps chime in to confirm fitment on your machine.

I'll be re-working a slimmer version, so future orders will have more clearance. Thus, I can either send a new one out at no charge or offer a refund to anyone with a clearance issue (I did worry that my machine wouldn't be 100% the same as others). Sorry to anyone this may affect.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's been brought to my attention that one of my customers on this mod had a different clearance than my machine, leading to the auto-plunger hitting the base of the ball-stop. He was able to fix this issue on his machine with some washers under the lower apron area, but I don't expect anyone to have to do that.
Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue, or perhaps chime in to confirm fitment on your machine.
I'll be re-working a slimmer version, so future orders will have more clearance. Thus, I can either send a new one out at no charge or offer a refund to anyone with a clearance issue (I did worry that my machine wouldn't be 100% the same as others). Sorry to anyone this may affect.

Mine fit fine, and wonder if the guy with problem tried adjusting it. After putting screw through ball-lock then the plastic guide and then the side of the vertical clear plastic, you add a nut and tighten. Now to tighten you screw clockwise and this tends to push the front edge of the ball-lock down about 1/8 inch and you now have a clearance issue like described. To resolve this you grab top edge of ball-lock and push it up higher on the edge (to the top). This will rotate the whole ball-lock backwards (counter clockwise) and now you should have the clearance needed.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Mine fit fine, and wonder if the guy with problem tried adjusting it. After putting screw through ball-lock then the plastic guide and then the side of the vertical clear plastic, you add a nut and tighten. Now to tighten you screw clockwise and this tends to push the front edge of the ball-lock down about 1/8 inch and you now have a clearance issue like described. To resolve this you grab top edge of ball-lock and push it up higher on the edge (to the top). This will rotate the whole ball-lock backwards (counter clockwise) and now you should have the clearance needed.

Thanks for the fit confirmation and additional information. Future orders (including earlier orders that will ship with the LDG mod) will get the slimmer version just in case. It's only a slight difference. As long as the original version is fitting from the first run, there's no need for the slimmer one.

4 months later
#9 5 years ago

As it's been brought to my attention that Spooky may have had another design of their shooter lane/plunger cover (with two tabs/screws instead of one), I'm posting this here to better show what yours should look for this mod to fit. As this is the first such difference I've heard, my presumption is that the vast majority of machines were made similar to mine.

20180515_194757 (resized).jpg20180515_194757 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-ball-stop-modfix-medisinyl-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.