Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Today I'm excited to announce a new partnership between myself and Game Exchange of Colorado.

Game Exchange of Colorado has a history of quality service and support, and I always strive to do the best work I possibly can. Together we plan to continue the tradition of exceptional service and support, and expand it into the future with a web based, and easy to use, mail in board repair service.

I will become the Service Manager, and over the next several months, an infrastructure to easily send in pinball boards for repair will be implemented. Our goal will be to cost effectively repair your boards and return them in a timely manner, and to be the premier board repair shop in the country.

To help reach this goal, Game Exchange is currently looking to hire a passionate pinball hobbiest that is interested in expanding their pinball knowledge and experience, which will include board repair.

If you or someone you know is passionate about pinball, and have a desire to expand your knowledge on repairing pinball machines and other amusement equipment, please contact JJ Babich at Game Exchange of Colorado at [email protected], 303-893-4300. You should be in the Denver area, or willing to relocate, and have a strong work ethic.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#2 2 years ago

Awesome to have this in our backyard!

#3 2 years ago

Congratulations Rob!

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Today I'm excited to announce a new partnership between myself and Game Exchange of Colorado.
    Game Exchange of Colorado has a history of quality service and support, and I always strive to do the best work I possibly can. Together we plan to continue the tradition of exceptional service and support, and expand it into the future with a web based, and easy to use, mail in board repair service.
    I will become the Service Manager, and over the next several months, an infrastructure to easily send in pinball boards for repair will be implemented. Our goal will be to cost effectively repair your boards and return them in a timely manner, and to be the premier board repair shop in the country.
    To help reach this goal, Game Exchange is currently looking to hire a passionate pinball hobbiest that is interested in expanding their pinball knowledge and experience, which will include board repair.
    If you or someone you know is passionate about pinball, and have a desire to expand your knowledge on repairing pinball machines and other amusement equipment, please contact JJ Babich at Game Exchange of Colorado at [email protected], 303-893-4300. You should be in the Denver area, or willing to relocate, and have a strong work ethic.

The dynamic duo! Another positive for pinball. Congratulations!

#5 2 years ago

Wish I was near Denver or willing to relocate.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Wish I was near Denver or willing to relocate.

...or had a strong work ethic.

#7 2 years ago

Congrats Rob and this couldn't happen to a better person. Not sure I would still be in this hobby if not for you walking me through fixing my Getaway over the phone years ago in the RGP days. Prior to that I had bad luck with locals being rude and ignorant since I was young and a newbie but you showed me there were good people in this hobby who were nice and cared about helping others in the community.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

...or had a strong work ethic.

OUCH! Have you been talking to my ex-wife?

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

OUCH! Have you been talking to my ex-wife?

I actually meant the comment to be directed at myself.

Those damn job qualifiers always get in the way.

1 month later
    #10 2 years ago

Rob-Any chance your coming to PAGG or cal extreme this year in Oct?
    Thanks
    Eric

#11 2 years ago

Borygard any update on the stern node board that I sent in July 19th? I know stuff still might be getting setup or up and running; but just looking for any status update. Sent a few pms asking as well, but never heard anything back.

#12 2 years ago

Rob hasn't been on Pinside in over a month, hope everything is going ok.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Rob hasn't been on Pinside in over a month, hope everything is going ok.

Yeah, I've seen that as well. Also agree, hope everything is alright on his end.

#14 2 years ago

Has anyone reached out to JJ to get an update?

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

eah, I've seen that as well. Also agree, hope everything is alright on his end.

I saw him walking into Game Ex today as I was leaving, waved hello. Seemed fine

#16 2 years ago

Rob is great! We just emailed each other several times.
    He is not on pinside that often.
    Email him directly.
    [email protected]

Update- He is to busy to make it to pin a go go this year.

#17 2 years ago

I just got a Pinbot board back from Rob . Very clean repair and fair price. Im sure he is getting settled in and will take a while for him to get caught up.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I saw him walking into Game Ex today as I was leaving, waved hello. Seemed fine

Nice. That may confirm he's relocating.

I'm jealous of Rob and have been for a years. Dude can fix virtually anything, doesn't charge you extra to watch, goes to all the cool shows and apparently has places to call home all over the country. Maybe someday I'll be a Rob.

#19 2 years ago

I emailed Rob at the address that Ericpinballfan posted above and he got back fairly quick. All is on track with the repair, sounds like it was just some confusion with another person of the same name, same game and same part sending their stuff in, too.

#20 2 years ago

Sorry guys for not updating in awhile, it's been a challenging couple of weeks.

Everything at Game Exchange is great. We're set up for most any pinball board system, and most videos as well. There's not much in the amusement industry that we can't fix.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Rob-Any chance your coming to PAGG or cal extreme this year in Oct?
    Thanks
    Eric

PaGG is out for me this year. I may still try and make CAX, but it would likely just be as an attendee. I can always grab boards from you and send them back though Eric.

Quoted from animesuperj:

Borygard any update on the stern node board that I sent in July 19th? I know stuff still might be getting setup or up and running; but just looking for any status update. Sent a few pms asking as well, but never heard anything back.

As we discussed through email, I'm working through SPIKE stuff now and coincidentally, someone else sent in SPIKE boards from Iron Maiden, and is also named Jason. I thought I had replied to your messages, but replied to him instead. So again, my apologies for my confusion.

Thanks everyone for the support. I think we're on the right track to make Game Exchange, *the* place to send in boards for repair.

Any questions, or want to send in your boards, you can contact me at Game Exchange at [email protected]

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#21 2 years ago

My two favorite vendors in pinball, working together. Love it. If I was in that area, I would hop on that opportunity so fast... I already have a good groundwork of repairing boards, but the chance to learn from these guys is not something I'd pass up if it didn't require ending my current career.

Hell, I may decide to send ya'll my Demo Man board here soon if I can't figure out WTH is going on with it. Replaced a chip for the switch matrix last week, was almost certain that was the issue, but it turned out to be wrong. At least now it's socketed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-anthony-game-exchange-board-repair-service?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.