7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Ecw0930
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 months ago

I was fortunate to be able to visit the Roanoke Pinball Museum awhile back and meet the infamous Director Mr. Volta (Fans will know his real name). Nick was extremely busy running everywhere but took time to play a game with me and explain the finer points of EM logic. The selection of machines was excellent, ranging from EM classics like Surf Side to Indiana Jones, with my favorite Fun House, all in great playing condition. I discovered several like Wheel of Fortune and High Speed 2 that were really nice players (yeah, there are a lot of common Titles I don't remember playing "Back in the day"). Several rows of late-model Bally/Williams and Gottlieb SS also to choose from so spent my time hopping back and forth, didn't want to miss anything. Best 12 dollars spent in a long time (ever?).
    While there I noticed several Techs servicing/repairing machines and only found a few games with Out of Order signs. I played for 4-plus hours until sore feet set in and reluctantly left, with some thicker soles I would have stayed till closing!
    The next day I went to Boxcar and played most of the new Sterns out now and frankly, even though it was fun I prefer the healthy mix of old and new Roanoke offers. Easy parking access a short ways from the Museum, all the good restaurants you could ask for within walking distance and Roanoke is a pretty town.
    Highly recommended and looking forward to a return trip (2 hours from my house).

1 week later
    #2 7 months ago

Hey Phil... thanks for the shout-out! My goal is to have our collection in the best shape possible for an all-you-can-play venue. We're WAY stronger than we were 18 months ago. Give me another 18 months and it'll be legendary.

C'mon back and see us anytime & don't forget our late night "Get Tilted" weekends. Those are turning out to be pretty special with the new game show format.

2 months later
    #3 4 months ago

I'm coming thru Roanoke this Thursday, and back thru on Friday.

I will try my best to stop by!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8.99
    Electronics
    Dr. Dave's Pinball Parts
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 14.95
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 64.99
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside