Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tompallc
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-513.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I didn't see any posts for this, I'm visiting my brother and found a new Roanoke Pinball Museum. It's opening in July and should have about 30 machines. I apologize if this is a repeat thread. I took a couple of sneaky pics.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-513.jpgimage-513.jpg
    #2 8 years ago

I've been following them on Facebook. Roanoke is only an hour away from my parent's house so I'm really excited to check it out.

#3 8 years ago

Looks like a few EMs now but there should be a few more. I'm really surprised I'm the first to post this on Pinside? Anytime we have a pinball opening it should be celebrated.

#4 8 years ago

Opens on June 19. 40 machines now, may reach 50 by the opening!

#5 8 years ago

Low-key marketing so far (Facebook, etc.) but will start rolling stuff out to the public in about a week

#6 8 years ago

I live 45 minutes from here so I'll definitely be heading up. Can we get a list of games, preview pics, prices to play???

#7 8 years ago

Great news. Can't wait to check it out. I miss Lakeside.

#8 8 years ago

I'll post a complete listing soon. So far, we have one 40's machine, four 50's, eleven 60's, twenty 70's and four machine from the 80's and later. We're in the process of adding 6-7 more recent games. Clearly, the emphasis is on the 60's and 70's, as that's the period of time we're trying to capture.

#9 8 years ago

You guys nearby, we're looking for pictures of pinball machines that were in prominent Roanoke Valley locations, like Lakeside

#10 8 years ago

Sweet! I live an hour and half away, so it will be nice to have a good place to play pinball if we ever take a day trip down to Roanoke. Just so you know, Whitewater is my favorite game, hint hint!

#11 8 years ago

Excellent! I'll have to make a road trip!

Thank you for doing this!

#12 8 years ago

Great to see some EMs

#13 8 years ago

Awesome news - can't wait to check it out!

#14 8 years ago

This will be awesome. The only things I seem to do in Roanoke is visit the star, the hot dog shop, and the railway museum.

#15 8 years ago

I think we have a solid collection, and the facility is terrific. Center in the Square just went through a $30 million renovation, so the 3,500 square feet we have is brand new. It is a true museum with a gift shop and other amenities. In addition to our Facebook page, take a look at centerinthesquare.org.
    My favorite machines are Fireball, Melody, Haunted House, Williams World Series and Kings & Queens.

#16 8 years ago

I didn't want to take any thunder from any big announcement you would have made. We can have the mods close this thread if you want to do an official one. I just got so excited when I saw it was coming I felt like I had to tell everyone!! I really can't wait, just did the science museum and the rooftop is amazing!!!

Gift Shop!!! This is gonna be awesome.

#17 8 years ago

Dang Buddy, that's OLD SKOOL. I remember the commercials on tv when I was a kid but they closed her down before I was old enough to drive. Seems like all the cool stuff is gone.

#18 8 years ago

We're good - doing grass roots marketing to pinball guys now and plan to start the big launch to the public in about a week, which will include a morning TV show telecasting from the museum, big article in the Roanoke Times, etc.
    Give me a call at 540-353-8021 if you're in the area, and I'll give you a quick tour. Steve

#19 8 years ago

Are you planning on running tournaments in the future? Looks like a great spot to do it.

#20 8 years ago

We do, and we have a big record board for all-time best scores. Will have tourneys one night a week during the summer

#21 8 years ago

And what time is your opening on June 19? I'm hoping to make it down.

#22 8 years ago

Sweet. I live in Lexington, VA, about an hour away. Looking forward to it.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from lhammer610:

Sweet. I live in Lexington, VA, about an hour away. Looking forward to it.

I live in Lexington as well, had not heard a thing about this!

#24 8 years ago

I'm from Lexington. I always enjoy going to The Antique Mall and playing the pins whenever I'm back.

#25 8 years ago

Look forward to coming up to see you from high point nc , after seeing the web site I would consider different hours because those are some odd hours to come to the place.

#26 8 years ago

We're still unsure what schedule is best, but we'll start with this one, and can always adjust. What schedule do you suggest?

#27 8 years ago

We're at 50 machines now; just added a few newer ones like Funhouse and Indiana Jones

#28 8 years ago

These are your hours
    Monday: closed
    Tuesday: 11 am – 8 pm*
    Wednesday: 11 am – 5 pm
    Thursday: 11 am – 5 pm
    Friday: 11 am – 8 pm
    Saturday 10 am – 8 pm
    Sunday 1 pm – 6 pm

Being closed on Monday is good to get ready for the week. I don't see much action being open at 11 am on Tuesday through Friday unless you are going to have schools in area come to visit . I would have a noon opening on Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday but stay open till 8 or 9 pm . Having it closed at 5 pm on Wednesday and Thursday would be hard for anyone after work to get by to play some pinball. Your biggest days will be on weekend Friday Saturday and Sunday. Sunday hours are good but I would extend the Friday and Saturday hours to go from noon till 10 or 11 at night those will be where you can get plenty of visitors in area and out of town. Just a thought, look forward to coming by the place.

Here is asheville pinball museum hours
    Our operating hours are as follows…

Monday & Tuesday we are Closed for repairs and deliveries

Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 2 p.m.-9 p.m.

Saturday 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.

Sunday 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.

#29 8 years ago

Thanks Triadwatch. I passed your suggestions on to the project manager. A couple of us went to Asheville about a month ago to get some ideas. By the way, I went to Wake Forest and spent some time in the big G afterwards. Come on up and visit!

#30 8 years ago

aaah asheville. nice place, we stopped in while hiking the appalachian trail. good to hear there is a pin museum down there too!

2 weeks later
    #31 8 years ago

I am going to be there on Saturday the 27th. Visiting family and we all love pinball. My cousin said its only $10 for free play.... I laughed and said "young buck, I only need a quarter..." Haha

See you there!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roanoke-pinball-museum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.