(Topic ID: 97585)

Roadtrip: Philly, NYC (Time Square), Albany, Buffalo: any great pinstops?

By lowepg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Heading out on a 10-day cross-country lacrosse tournament.

Stops include:
    Philadelphia (staying in Exton, PA) 2 nights
    NYC (staying right on time square) 2 nights
    Albany, 1 night
    Potsdam, 1 night
    Buffalo, 2 nights

Any "can't-miss" pinball joints I can check out (while my wife and daughters shop)??

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

NYC Modern Pinball in Manhattan is a must stop.

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinFun:

NYC Modern Pinball in Manhattan is a must stop.

nice... looks like 1.5 miles away, so 30 min walk or a $10 cab ride...

Thank you!

#4 9 years ago

Pinball Gallery in Downingtown, Pa is real close to Exton.

#5 9 years ago

NYC reciprocal skate board, check it out.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Pinball Gallery in Downingtown, Pa is real close to Exton.

Nice! Actually our hotel is in Exton, the tournament is actually in Downington as well! Like 5 min from that arcade- awesome thank you!

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Heading out on a 10-day cross-country lacrosse tournament.
    Stops include:
    Philadelphia (staying in Exton, PA) 2 nights
    NYC (staying right on time square) 2 nights
    Albany, 1 night
    Potsdam, 1 night
    Buffalo, 2 nights
    Any "can't-miss" pinball joints I can check out (while my wife and daughters shop)??
    Thanks!

My daughter played for potsdam a few years ago. She says there is no place to play up there.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Nice! Actually our hotel is in Exton, the tournament is actually in Downington as well! Like 5 min from that arcade- awesome thank you!

Enjoy! It's pretty bad I'm close and haven't gone but know it's a decent spot.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

nice... looks like 1.5 miles away, so 30 min walk or a $10 cab ride...
    Thank you!

I was just in times sq over the 4th. I went to modern on two separate days. Can't say enough about how nice of a place it is. We were in the Marriott Marquis. We took a cab once and the metro once. The metro was a straight shot and two blocks on foot. They have a pretty cool t shirt to buy as well.

#10 9 years ago

In Buffalo, Pocketeer Billiards and Bar has the best lineup in the area. If you're here on 7/26 we're having a tournament there: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/summer-pinball-tournament-series-2-buffalo-ny-2014

Their current lineup:

Wizard of Oz
    Star Trek Pro
    AC/DC Pro
    Avengers Premium
    Simpsons Pinball Party
    Sopranos
    Gillgan’s Island
    Breakshot
    NASCAR
    Space Shuttle
    World Poker Tour
    Terminator 2
    Roller Coaster Tycoon

Post edited by K3V: Just added RCT

#11 9 years ago

Not a whole lot going on in Albany. I'd say you're better off going across the river to Troy and checking out Brown's Brewing and the Flying Chicken, both good food joints that have a pin each.

#12 9 years ago

Are you driving, or going on a bus? If you're the man behind the wheel, do yourself a favor when you're driving between Philly and NYC and stop at Silverball Museum in Asbury Park. Just shoot across NJ to the Parkway, then head north towards NYC, stopping at the Silverball. Biggest collection outside of the PHOF in Vegas, and worth the few extra miles. You can thank me later.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadtrip-philly-nyc-time-square-albany-buffalo-any-great-pinstops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.