Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by djsolzs
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

No noise, no hum, no buzz no nuttin.

Checked connections at board and at head...All are secure.

Ideas?

(rest of red works [blinks/mouth opens,closes])

Thanks

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Have you done a coil test?

yeah, no dice. Nuttin...

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Probably have bad coil(s). Very common. Also could have a broken plastic linkage which makes the eyes go back and forth. Also common. Or maybe broken wire to the coil. The parts if needed are available. You will have to take the head off and look.

Yeah, PIA for sure!!

I dont recall, I think there are two coils (one right one left)? Neither coil is firing...Would it be likely that both coils died at once?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Your coils are probably not dead (As that is not very common, unless the transistors that control them locked). Have you tested the transistors that control the coils yet? If not that is your first step. If they test OK, your next step is to verify you still have the wires connected to the coils. These do break off inside the heads fairly regularly. I have a Roadshow apart right now, and both heads had at least 2 wires broken off on one of the coils in there (Same thing on my FH when I first got it.)
Luckily Red is FAR easier to remove than Ted. Get yourself a right angle screwdriver to remove the front and back covers, and you shouldnt have to disassemble the back half of the game (Like you have to with Ted.)

thanks. I'm not sure how to test the transistors...Would it make sense first to test at the coil to see if power is going to it?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Yes! Do a test first. Testing transistors is easy, and more info can be found here:
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Transistor_.22Quick_Check.22
The tranistors that contol those coils should be listed in the manual.

Well, first things first...I unplugged TED and plugged in RED...Red worked just as if she was plugged into her own connector. Everything except eyes 'right and left' worked flawlessly...Seems there must be something wrong with the coils or connection at the coils since TED works fine...

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I would bet that at least one wire is broken off then. You are gonna have to pull the head to do any sort of work on it. It really isn't that bad.
If it was a broken flange you would at least hear the coils fire, as they are pretty noisy.

Yep, will pull tonight. Are they in serial? Meaning, if one wire is off will neither fire? Thanks again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-red-eyes-not-moving-leftright?tu=Pinfactory2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.