Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by cal50
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Recently my RS had an EOS switch issue. Wire broke off a flipper. Resoldered it. Good stuff. Broke my record at 6 Billion+!

Now it's resetting when I hit both flippers at the same time.

I know there's a bit on this, but figured someone could steer me in the right direction if they've had this before.

Thanks guys.

#2 8 years ago

Reseat your ribbon cables first along with the molex connections on driver board

#3 8 years ago

There is a guide that covers WPC resets at pinwiki... I suggest you take a look.

It could be several things.

As bigd1979 said, you could try ribbon cable reseating.

I had to do a lot more to get my RS working. But even after that, it is sensitive to line voltage... You might also want to check how many volts are coming out of your outlet.

#5 8 years ago

Clay's guide is an amazing source of info (which appears to be referenced above). However, in the case of resets I'd follow pinwiki

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

It has you checking things in a different order and may well end up saving you from replacing a bridge rectifier or cap.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Clay's guide is an amazing source of info (which appears to be referenced above). However, in the case of resets I'd follow pinwiki
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets
It has you checking things in a different order and may well end up saving you from replacing a bridge rectifier or cap.

Agreed

#7 8 years ago

Start in the middle right of the WPC board. There's a connector there with gray and black wires. Follow those wires. If they lead to an "inline splice" connector, reseat both sides of it. See if that fixes it.

#8 8 years ago

Have had this issue with several BW pins. Sofar always the solution has been to replace the rectifier.

Careful when removing it, don't wanna destroy the pcbtracks

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Start in the middle right of the WPC board. There's a connector there with gray and black wires. Follow those wires. If they lead to an "inline splice" connector, reseat both sides of it. See if that fixes it.

Yep check the Z connector that goes between the CPU and driver board. Voltage leaks there because it goes through to many connectors.

#10 8 years ago

Thanks guys. I reseated most connection as described and that did the trick. Not sure exactly which on it was, but I find that the shaker on RS shakes things loose once in a while and that must be what happened.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yep check the Z connector that goes between the CPU and driver board. Voltage leaks there because it goes through to many connectors.

Whether this is the problem or not, the Z connector needs to go. Cut the wires one at a time on either side of the connector, strip, twist, solder and heat shrink until the whole connector is gone and replaced by solder splices. Those connectors are nothing but a liability.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Whether this is the problem or not, the Z connector needs to go. Cut the wires one at a time on either side of the connector, strip, twist, solder and heat shrink until the whole connector is gone and replaced by solder splices. Those connectors are nothing but a liability.

Very true.

#13 8 years ago

The "Z" connector is a voltage drop waiting to happen......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 63.95
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-press-both-flippers-and-game-resets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.