(Topic ID: 78297)

Roadshow pinball full restoration for Ohio show in 30 days !

By stephenshane237

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by exflexer
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
tmp_20140228_120304-748781375.jpg
DSCN1849.JPG
DSCN1848.JPG
DSCN1844.JPG
DSCN1847.JPG
DSCN1843.JPG
DSCN1832.JPG
DSCN1828.JPG
DSCN1826.JPG
image.jpg
DSCN1823.JPG
image.jpg
DSCN1821.JPG
DSCN1820.JPG
DSCN1819.JPG
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

Curious as I've always read that you should install the flipper coil diodes away from the stop and on yours you did one the other way. But I do see the bundle of wires would be right where the coil wires come out.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Curious as I've always read that you should install the flipper coil diodes away from the stop and on yours you did one the other way.

Ah yes, the two lower flippers and the left mini flipper do look backwards.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Wow! Pristine job SS! Looks awesome.
The PF looks like glass. Very, very nice. GL the rest of the way.

Thank You!

We did this playfield and I have to agree, it looks like glass and the game looks to be coming together nicely.

The shooter lane repair looks gorgeous! I really like the way those turn out the way we repair them.

It's nice to see some of our work in a game. You will have to LMK what everyone says about the pf at the show.

Thanks Again!

Chris Kruger

Ames Games

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

I do need some help from someone that owns a RS, the wires I show in the first photo come from the cabinet harness and should hook up in the backbox, they are for the shaker motor. I can't seem to find this connection but maybe its because I have been working on this since 7 a.m.. If someone can point me in the right direction for this one I would surely appreciate it.

Did you figure this out? If not, let me know and I'll take a pic of mine.

Chris

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Curious as I've always read that you should install the flipper coil diodes away from the stop and on yours you did one the other way. But I do see the bundle of wires would be right where the coil wires come out.

image.jpg 75 KB

That is actually how they were when I took the game apart. Also I checked some photos of the underneath of playfield from treasure cove and they were done the same way.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Did you figure this out? If not, let me know and I'll take a pic of mine.
Chris

Found the connection when I removed the playfield but thanks.

#107 10 years ago

I have to trace down a phantom row 4 switch issue, I thought it was the coin door from chesnut, so I swapped the harness hope its fine should know in an hour or two if it works.

#108 10 years ago

That is actually how they were when I took the game apart. Also I checked some photos of the underneath of playfield from treasure cove and they were done the same way.

probably incorrect from the factory or a previous owner? Per VID rebuild flipper thread, lugs/diode side should always be away form the stop as he has seen the coils/ plastic be damaged by the repeated pounding into the stop side. I think the plastic tab with the lugs breaks? I have seen it on games I have worked on before when coild were installed wrong.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

probably incorrect from the factory or a previous owner? Per VID rebuild flipper thread, lugs/diode side should always be away form the stop as he has seen the coils/ plastic be damaged by the repeated pounding into the stop side. I think the plastic tab with the lugs breaks? I have seen it on games I have worked on before when coild were installed wrong.

Got it never thought about it before, you learn something new everyday I will change them around for safety then.

#110 10 years ago

Whatever the admission into the show is, it's worth it, if only to play this.

#111 10 years ago

Per Vid's guide -
This is the correct installation of the Coil; Diodes safely away from the Coil Stop. It matters, do it right.

Some Coils were installed backwards at the factory, so you may have to pull a little slack wire from the harnesses to reach the proper position. Don't worry if you have to clip a few nylon Zip Ties to produce the slack you need.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#112 10 years ago

Ok playfield back in Row 4 issue solved no errors and plays great. I have to reverse the flipper coils, adjust 2 switch banks install 2 led flashers, and give it one final check I will take photos tomorrow in the daylight to do it justice. I also have to install the radio and bracket but I need a few bolts will finish that tomorrow night.

DSCN1823.JPGDSCN1823.JPG
#113 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Per Vid's guide -
This is the correct installation of the Coil; Diodes safely away from the Coil Stop. It matters, do it right.
Some Coils were installed backwards at the factory, so you may have to pull a little slack wire from the harnesses to reach the proper position. Don't worry if you have to clip a few nylon Zip Ties to produce the slack you need.

image.jpg 37 KB

Way ahead of you already started reversing them only takes a few minutes, but I was just putting the finishing touches on an AFM playfield that I have to deliver tomorrow. I did a MB for this individual as well a few months back wonder what he will have for me next. Then onto the final list and play adjustments for RS so I am 99.99% I am making it to the show.

DSCN1826.JPGDSCN1826.JPG DSCN1828.JPGDSCN1828.JPG DSCN1832.JPGDSCN1832.JPG
#114 10 years ago

Ok final pictures before loading it up to go to the show in about an hour. I hope it does not get damaged moving it I might cry if it does.

DSCN1843.JPGDSCN1843.JPG DSCN1844.JPGDSCN1844.JPG DSCN1847.JPGDSCN1847.JPG DSCN1848.JPGDSCN1848.JPG DSCN1849.JPGDSCN1849.JPG
#116 10 years ago

That is freaking beautiful! Congratz!

You got me wondering what chrome trim around the head would look like now though.

Chris

#117 10 years ago

Just got back from the show - by far the nicest Road Show there, maybe the nicest machine there too IMO.

#118 10 years ago

Hope it's still on the floor tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing it.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Hope it's still on the floor tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing it.

It will be there on Saturday all day as well

#120 10 years ago

Congrats on finishing the project Stephen. Have a great time tomorrow at the show. Awesome job buddy!

#121 10 years ago

Congrats on finishing on time, was great following your thread.. it really looks awesome.."Go wreck some road!!"

#122 10 years ago

Makes me wish I was in Ohio this weekend. Congrats on a job well done. It's been a pleasure following your progress.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#123 10 years ago

Love me some RS. Nice job!

#124 10 years ago

Put several games on this machine. Looks amazing and plays better than new. Great resto job.

#125 10 years ago

Great job. I got one game in on this on Friday. By far the best RS i have ever played.

tmp_20140228_120304-748781375.jpgtmp_20140228_120304-748781375.jpg

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from FirePower:

Great job. I got one game in on this on Friday. By far the best RS i have ever played.

tmp_20140228_120304-748781375.jp... 275 KB

Thanks glad I could bring it so people could play it, it sure did get a lot of play on it during the 2 days at the show

#127 10 years ago

I had a chance to play this game at the Ohio Show! One of the best looking and playing pins at the show. Amazing job beautiful example of a great game! Congrats!

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I had a chance to play this game at the Ohio Show! One of the best looking and playing pins at the show. Amazing job beautiful example of a great game! Congrats!

Thanks I had many great compliments on this game, next year I might bring my IJ, TOTAN, TZ, and Corvette they are all high end machines but people enjoyed RS so I will bring some A-listers next year ! glad you enjoyed it.

#129 10 years ago

It was a lot of fun to restore as well as play congratulations on all the good compliments dad.

#130 10 years ago

Beautiful Job on that RS ,looked amazing!

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from evanshane237:

It was a lot of fun to restore as well as play congratulations on all the good compliments dad.

Evan, when are you getting your first machine to restore in 30 days?

Rob

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from evanshane237:

That is so great to hear. Congrats on having such a great Dad Evan. Make sure you watch him closely and learn how to repair those machines champ.

Have fun playing that awesome Road Show.

#133 10 years ago

Great job on the beautiful restoration. Even though I had to wait because of the long line, I finally got my turn and really enjoyed playing probably the nicest game at the show. I wish I had your talent and craftsmanship.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Evan, when are you getting your first machine to restore in 30 days?
Rob

He is looking for a Funhouse to be his first restoration just need to find one now !

#135 10 years ago

I decided because at the Ohio show there is a few RS's there that play so badly I can understand why people think this game is terrible. I have decided to do a major restoration on this game and finish in time to take it to the Ohio show so people can play. The game will not be for sale as this is the 3rd time I have had this game and its not going anywhere. Please fell free to make any suggestions to this restoration as far as modding as such as you wish. I will be doing a new CC'd playfield, all chrome trim, new cabinet decals, LED's, airbrushing red and ted, polishing ball guides, and the list goes on and on. I have done many restorations a few of them are posted below and I will spend the most time on this one because everyone has MB, TZ, IJ, and AFM's that have had numerous restoration and threads on, I think this will be one of very few RS's that have had all the treatment and $ spent on it as the A-listers.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-high-end-restoration-thread-my-high-end
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-full-restoration-in-20-days
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-playfield-swap-restoration-photos

One of the nicest restorations I have ever seen! The line at the show to play it was never ending. I bought the Roadshow two down from this piece of Art. Enjoyed meeting you and thanks in advance for the lockdown bar for mine!

- Rich

DSCN1597.JPG 84 KB

DSCN1598.JPG 75 KB

DSCN1599.JPG 97 KB

DSCN1600.JPG 103 KB

DSCN1601.JPG 63 KB

#136 10 years ago

Got to play your road show today at the expo, thanks for bringing it, man that was the nicest pin I have ever seen! couldn't believe how bright and clean everything looks, plus the chrome looks awesome!

1 week later
#137 10 years ago

Here is the spot where the ball frequently is getting stuck. I put a skinny metal post there and so far it has worked. Wondering if others have an issue with the ball getting stuck here.image.jpgimage.jpg

2 years later
#138 8 years ago

I got to see this pin in person and its is a really nice pin. Somebody said a pinsider restored it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-pinball-full-restoration-for-ohio-show-in-30-days/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.