IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4037.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4038.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Did a search and did not see any threads. Looking for some pics of a roadshow with LEDs added

#2 10 years ago

I am finishing one this week...and will post pics on the weekend.....looking good so far....

#3 10 years ago

Here is a few of one I did.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Thanks jwwhite Looks great. Full led? Kit?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thanks jwwhite Looks great. Full led? Kit?

Np, yes full LEDs and no not a kit. I used mostly frosted cool whites for the GI and then premium 2-LEDs in inserts from CT.

#7 10 years ago

Wait until next week when mine is done. I did some great things I think. I removed all the stupid blue plastics at the back that have no art and basically obstruct light getting to the yellow ramps (4 in total). You can't even see them from under the ramps anyway- I took them out.

I added a 5 HP cool GI under the right ramps (the 5 super LED kind - the whole GI and inserts are LED'd), and installed a socket under the left entrance with another 5 HP, and a socket in the narrow section just behind the left ramp diverter shaft with a single cool LED. This lights up both ramps a vibrant yellow, and it looks like it should in my opinion now. You can barely tell there are yellow ramps with the plastics in the back, even with LEDs.

#8 10 years ago

Sorry for the bad pictures that make it looked washed out, but it was a nice improvement.

Color matched inserts with yellows and oranges getting warm whites and clear getting cool whites. I usually don’t do LED flashers much anymore but went with red’s in the lower clear domes, and warm white’s in the back clear and yellow domes with red’s in the red domes. Used PBL color changers in the radio light and Bob’s.

The back box was a mix of warm and cools with some blues.

Mainly PBL’s in back box and CT’s in the rest of the machine.

IMG_4038.jpgIMG_4038.jpg IMG_4040.jpgIMG_4040.jpg IMG_4037.jpgIMG_4037.jpg IMG_4040.jpgIMG_4040.jpg IMG_4036.jpgIMG_4036.jpg

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#10 10 years ago

Was just messing around and wanted to see if a flex led would reach over the "Start City Event" sign. Lights it up nicely and splashes the playfield a bit too, might experiment with other colors and keep it for awhile.

RS-LED.jpgRS-LED.jpg

3 weeks later
#11 10 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Was just messing around and wanted to see if a flex led would reach over the "Start City Event" sign. Lights it up nicely and splashes the playfield a bit too, might experiment with other colors and keep it for awhile.

RS-LED.jpg 551 KB

Pretty cool idea. Any other pics from players perspective?

2 years later
#12 8 years ago

Bump...any others have pics to share. Just got RS and plan to make some changes.

#13 8 years ago

finished1_(resized).jpgfinished1_(resized).jpg

finished3_(resized).jpgfinished3_(resized).jpg

finished2_(resized).jpgfinished2_(resized).jpg

#14 8 years ago

I used several comet LED strips in places to add extra light in places and happy with the effects. I like to play with the lights off so it needed a few updates.

I put a orange strip in the blast zone hole, which is pretty dark. A green one in the start city hole and 2 in the center drain. I really like the way it came out. I also added 2 spots on the slightshots, but I am not 100% happy with them, but they are an improvement.

I also swapped the blast zone flasher for a red cap and red LED. I found the yellow too annoying and like the red better.

I also put Blue LED flashers in the back panel under the white caps, I think it looks better than the stock white.

IMG_20151005_191025_(resized).jpgIMG_20151005_191025_(resized).jpg

IMG_20150912_190646_(resized).jpgIMG_20150912_190646_(resized).jpg

#15 8 years ago

Nice look! And again one reason I repeat.....we are all different...way to much fun to create a unique game to your own taste!

How sad that some just want the "answer" to LEDs, and to all look the same..kinda like if every house had the exact same Christmas tree lights...boring!!!

Awesome to see all the neat ways this game can light up!

Mine is Op Max in the back, and 2 SMD Faceted in the GI...but Ill step it up on the scoops, and test some new stuff....

To me, one of the best Classic Games....way too much fun with Every Game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-led-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.