Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TG-130316-24.JPG
TG-130316-21.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Can or does anyone have a picture of the middle left flipper wiring on a Roadshow. Installed a new coil, fuses started blowing so I sent the board out for repair but now I want to check to be sure its wired correctly before installing the board again. Currently it is wired exactly like the bottom left flipper. With play field up and coil lugs on left side its orange, yellow, red from top to bottom. I believe that correct? Any help?

#2 11 years ago

Hope this helps.

TG-130316-21.JPGTG-130316-21.JPG TG-130316-24.JPGTG-130316-24.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Exactly what I needed! I thought I had it correct, thanks for the reassurance!

#4 11 years ago

The photos aren't what you should go by. The positions if the wires relative to the bands on the diodes are. There's no guarantee that the diode positions aren't wrong on your new coil. You might compare those to the other flipper coils to be sure.

#5 11 years ago

How do you know what the diode postions are??? Also the coil that was on it was not the correct coil, it didnt work and the coil had no diodes on it. So i cant reference it for further use.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from slow1000rider03:

Can or does anyone have a picture of the middle left flipper wiring on a roadshow. Installed a new coil, fuses started blowing so I sent the board out for repair but now I want to check to be sure its wired correctly before installing the board again. Currently it is wired exactly like the bottom left flipper. With play field up and coil lugs on left side its orange, yellow, red from top to bottom. I believe that correct? Any help?

If you are swapping out coils instead of removing the wires from the old coil lugs just snip the wires and leave a small piece of the wire (insulation with color) attached. You can then see the correct placement when you put the new coil on.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

If you are swapping out coils instead of removing the wires from the old coil lugs just snip the wires and leave a small piece of the wire (insulation with color) attached. You can then see the correct placement when you put the new coil on.

The coil that was already on the machine and did not work was not the carrect coil and had no diodes. I installed according to the pics supplied above but want to make sure the new coil I received has the diodes in the correct order. How can you tell if it is correct? Anyone have a pi of the diodes on the coil with wires?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from slow1000rider03:

The coil that was already on the machine and did not work was not the carrect coil and had no diodes. I installed according to the pics supplied above but want to make sure the new coil I received has the diodes in the correct order. How can you tell if it is correct? Anyone have a pi of the diodes on the coil with wires?

Ah, that makes sense.

If someone does not post your answer I can take a picture or look at mine when I get home from work.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The photos aren't what you should go by. The positions if the wires relative to the bands on the diodes are. There's no guarantee that the diode positions aren't wrong on your new coil. You might compare those to the other flipper coils to be sure.

Mark has a very good point here. This mistake bit me in the ass not long ago. Don't assume the diode orientation is the same on all coils. Double-check it! Or it's board repair time...at least it was for me. Good luck!

Mike.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Mark has a very good point here. This mistake bit me in the ass not long ago. Don't assume the diode orientation is the same on all coils. Double-check it! Or it's board repair time...at least it was for me. Good luck!
Mike.

But how do you check it?

#11 11 years ago

You just need to learn how these are typically set up.

On RS, the 'power' wire is the yellow wire, and the 'hold' is the Orange wire. The wires are yellow or orange, and the color of the stripe indicates which flipper coil it goes to.

The yellow wire goes to the outside coil lug with a diode band facing it. This lug has 2 windings from the coil running to it.
The orange wire goes to the *other* outside coil lug - the one that is faced by a diodes unbanded end. This lug only has 1 winding from the coil attached to it.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

You just need to learn how these are typically set up.
On RS, the 'power' wire is the yellow wire, and the 'hold' is the Orange wire. The wires are yellow or orange, and the color of the stripe indicates which flipper coil it goes to.
The yellow wire goes to the outside coil lug with a diode band facing it. This lug has 2 windings from the coil running to it.The orange wire goes to the *other* outside coil lug - the one that is faced by a diodes unbanded end. This lug only has 1 winding from the coil attached to it.

Thank you. Great explanation. I will look into it as soon as I can home from work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 63.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-flipper-wiring-pics-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.