5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bohdi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Had a issue back in the Spring with my RS, the left side GI went out. Tinkered with it some, couldn't figure it out. Then I decided I'd just play a few games anyways with the GI out. Then the pin started restarting after 4 or 5 seconds of gameplay. Shutdown, then start back up. Then it just wouldn't power up at all anymore. Been a hectic spring/summer and then some, and haven't done anything with it since spring. Now I need money in the worst way due to a family issue, and need to get it running so I can sell it. Not sure where to start other than fuses as to why it no longer will even power up. All the LEDs in the backbox are on, MPU etc. Sounds like it's gonna fire up when I turn the power on, but nothing. Any good suggestions?

#2 5 years ago

So there's power? or no power?

as far as the left side of the GI, check the fuses with a DMM....but that is probably another issue. Describe what happens with you flip the power switch.

#3 5 years ago

No power. Turn the power on, sounds like it's turning on. But nothing works. Nothing on the PF nor backbox, except the Red LEDs on the boards are on. That's the only sign of life. No sound, lights, nothing.

#4 5 years ago

Try a different (known working) outlet first, then check the fuse in the box where the power switch is located with a DMM. Pull it and make sure it's not burnt or broken. Next follow up the line and check ALL connections to the boards. Re-seat everything, check all ribbon cables etc.

here's another place to start.
    http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm#poweron

#5 5 years ago

Similar issue happened to my brother in law, would turn on and cut the game out within a few seconds and then completely wouldn’t work.

kechlesurf

Ended up being one of the main larger capacitors was bad. The voltage wasn’t being regulated.

We just got t fixed this week, he may be able to tell you which one it was. I wasn’t there when it was fixed. Good luck

#6 5 years ago

never mind bad advice given LEDs work

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Try a different (known working) outlet first, then check the fuse in the box where the power switch is located with a DMM. Pull it and make sure it's not burnt or broken. Next follow up the line and check ALL connections to the boards. Re-seat everything, check all ribbon cables etc.
    here's another place to start.
    http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm#poweron

Checked that fuse too and it's fine. I'll try and do some more digging tonight, and reseat everything. Haven't yet checked what the LEDs do at attempted power-up. Just dove in last night for the 1st time in months. Appreciate the link to. Thanks Quy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-dead-won-t-power-up-?hl=collint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.