Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2370 (resized).JPG
RSCrankarm.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2449 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Red on my Roadshow started to have eye problems yesterday. Her eyes quit moving left and right. I took her head off and found that the eye crank assembly (part A-19258) broke in half. I grabbed my iPad and searched for the part and every where I found it, the sites said "Out of stock". While I co timie to search for a replacement part (made from nylon). I decided to make a temporary replacement. Took me about an hour, I used my CAD software and digital calipers and made a close replica. Just installed it and played a couple games. Appears to be working great! Just thought I would share...

The one on the right is the OEM. Glued together so I could measure and build from it. You can see the line where it split in the photo.
The one on the left is the 3D prints part. I made the 3D part a little more durable than the OEM. Walls are thicker to help with lateral stress.

IMG_2449 (resized).JPGIMG_2449 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Here is a picture of the 3D image

IMG_2358 (resized).JPGIMG_2358 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Great work. This is really exciting.

#4 7 years ago

Nice work! That seems to be where those all break. Mine broke in the same spot.

#5 7 years ago

You really did a great work.

#6 7 years ago

Where are pinside members getting replacement parts from for this? As I mentioned I would like to get an original part but every place was out of stock.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Where are pinside members getting replacement parts from for this? As I mentioned I would like to get an original part but every place was out of stock.

Last time I purchased, it was either Bay Area or Pinballlife. I cannot recall which place had them

#8 7 years ago

Last time I purchased one of these (for Funhouse) was from Marco. It quickly failed. First it cracked lengthwise up to the pivot point. I glued it up with J.B. Weld. It then cracked diagonally in the section just ahead of the slot for the solenoid disc. I glued it again with J.B. Weld. Then the tab at the end with the two holes for the eyeball rods broke off. I then cut the tab off completely and fixed a small metal bracket with screws and more J.B. Weld. For the most part, it is now a block of J.B. Weld. But its working fine. Like the white plastic mouth gears that Marco was (maybe still is) selling, the plastic they are using for their crank arm just isn't strong enough. The body of your part looks nice and beefy - but I question whether and how long the tab with the two holes will hold up - any way to beef that part up a bit?

#9 7 years ago

You could have Shapeways print it in a more durable material.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I too was having problems finding a crank arm for Ted on my RS. All USA pinball vendors seem to be out of this part. I searched the internet and found this vendor in Germany. Took a little under 2 weeks to receive but it's the part A-19258 I needed. It appears to be a NOS/OEM part, so I'm happy!

RSCrankarm.pdfRSCrankarm.pdf

#11 7 years ago

Thanks for the German site. Seems like there is a market for this crazy little part!

#12 7 years ago

Nice job on the custom designed part!

Brought Rudy home a month or so ago and needed one of these to fix his eyes but couldn't find at any of the common sites.

I ended up buying one last week from a Swedish site...maybe I should've ordered a spare too.

http://www.free-play.se/produkter/spelplansdelar/figurer/funhouse-roadshow-head-crank-plastic-a-19258.html

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from ismiglif:

Nice job on the custom designed part!
Brought Rudy home a month or so ago and needed one of these to fix his eyes but couldn't find at any of the common sites.
I ended up buying one last week from a Swedish site...maybe I should've ordered a spare too.
http://www.free-play.se/produkter/spelplansdelar/figurer/funhouse-roadshow-head-crank-plastic-a-19258.html

Amazing that such a common trouble part is so difficult to find.

1 week later
#14 7 years ago

Thought I would show an update. Trying to reproduce the metal eyelets. Original plus two 3D printed ones with eyelets.

IMG_2370 (resized).JPGIMG_2370 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#15 5 years ago

Hello,

Sorry for raising a request on this old subject. I'm also struggling to get this part. Will it be possible for you to share the CAD file ?
Thanks in advance.

BR

\Xavier

3 months later
#16 5 years ago

I am needing one of these. Might you be interested in selling me one? Please send a PM id you can.
Thanks

1 year later
#17 3 years ago

Did he end up having more?

#18 3 years ago

I think I ended up finding these at Marco or action, but that was a good while back. Not sure of current inventory.

2 years later
#23 11 months ago

FYI this the link to this STL files remixed on thingverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3506561/remixes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 63.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-a-19258-crank-assembly-3-d-print?hl=nez02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.