RoadShow

By Tazmans

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I am in the market to buy a Roadshow, it will be my first pinball. What is a fair price I should be looking to pay.? I am located in Michigan. Thanks this site is really helpfull

#2 7 years ago

2200-3000 depending on condition. From the posts I can remember, I think it is averaging around 2500 right now. Make sure the heads are fully working, as they are a PITA to disassemble and fix. Look for fish wear, as it is the most common spot of wear on the playfield.

#3 7 years ago

Amazing game. Get it while the price is low.

Agree with items above to look at. Also suggest testing out driver board by playing some games and always pressing both flippers.

Many are missing "start city" sign.

#4 7 years ago

Check with vidgameseller he has one and might be interested.

#5 7 years ago

Yeah I paid $2500 for mine with both heads fully working. Great game! Every time I think of getting rid of it I play a game and instantly want to keep it again!! haha

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

2200-3000 depending on condition. From the posts I can remember, I think it is averaging around 2500 right now. Make sure the heads are fully working, as they are a PITA to disassemble and fix. Look for fish wear, as it is the most common spot of wear on the playfield.

Red is easy.

Ted is the PITA to get out.

Also make sure Ted's dozer works correctly and the eddy sensors are tripping.

#7 7 years ago

I've heard this about her

#8 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys

#9 7 years ago

Its crazy how much some people think these machines should sell for when checking the market..

#10 7 years ago

I just sold a solid players condition one in Michigan for 2600. It was fully shopped, everything working as it should, freshly powder coated apron with new stickers.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmans:

Its crazy how much some people think these machines should sell for when checking the market..

Wow i just checked the market those are CRAZY prices for RS on there! The one in Henderson NV (basically Las Vegas) at Billiards and More doesnt surprise me at all. Ive been in there just to poke around he specializes in high end pool tables and overpiced pinball machines. The problem with lots of these shops in Las Vegas like this one is they seem to cater to the random unknowing tourists with money to blow, and will hopefully purchase something on a whim. Ive also seen a TFTC at a memorabilia type place in the Caesars Forum Shops for a ridiculous amount of money. I wanna say it was around $4000 and it was pretty beat up. Anyway just keep searching the "normal" price RS's are out there. However this title does seem to be picking up a little steam.

#12 7 years ago

Most people on here don't pay retail except for NIB. Be patient and be ready to pounce when one comes available.

#13 7 years ago

I have a chance to get one for $3000, is that decent price?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmans:

All depends on the condition. Have you seen it in person and does everything work properly? How's the playfield/cabinet? Do you have any pictures you can post?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmans:

For that price, it should have a flawless playfield and be fully operational. I love this game and I own it, but I wouldn't pay $3000 unless it was in very, very good condition. IMHO, LEDs are a detractor. LED lighting is highly subjective as far what is considered tasteful and some of the lights are a PITA to get to. So, if you don't like a LED in a location, it might be too much of a hassle to change.

#16 7 years ago

3K does sound high for that game, like others have mentioned condition is everything and it would have to be in nearly perfect shape to sell for 3K. If its not in perfect shape I'd offer 2300 - 2700 depending on what I would have to do to make it perfect. If the game doesn't have all original boards in the head I start ticking off $100 for each board even if they work fine.

#17 7 years ago

I disagree strongly that original board comment. WPC board equals WPC board, to me.

Now, I think you can make an argument that a rottendog board is worth less. Again, just me

#18 7 years ago

ok thanks guys, I very much appreciate the help. I may have another Roadshow in the works, cant say anything yet. But I will keep you updated.

#19 7 years ago

You can always negotiate, but be prepared to walk away.

#20 7 years ago

I just made a deal on a Roadshow, I will tell more later. I have to finalize tomorrow

#21 7 years ago

Congratulations on your first pin!

#22 7 years ago

Thanks Pin Guy!!!I got a really good deal. Details later

#23 7 years ago

Enjoy!

(Had to remove my GIF as it wasn't playing right... but still Enjoy!)

#24 7 years ago

Congrats!

#25 7 years ago

Congrats! I think it's a very under-rated game.

Do you think it looks better with LEDs or incandescent bulbs?

Mine has legs that are only blue on the inner surfaces. I assume it originally had completely blue legs. Think I should paint them all blue? Powder coat perhaps?

#26 7 years ago

Looks great with blue powder coat legs and black leg protectors!

#27 7 years ago

Thanks for ll the input on here, I have 5 arcade games and a Ball Bowler. I just finalized the deal last night, I bought a Roadshow from an estate sale. From the Pictures the game, the side cabinet everything looks real good. The legs are actually blue also. the only issue is the score monitor does not work. I have a few friends that work on pinballs said they will come over and help me out. I got it for $1500. When it gets to my home I will shoot a couple pics and post.
Again guys, you were real helpful and very much appreciate it with all the knowledge!!! Pretty excited..

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmans:

Thanks for ll the input on here, I have 5 arcade games and a Ball Bowler. I just finalized the deal last night, I bought a Roadshow from an estate sale. From the Pictures the game, the side cabinet everything looks real good. The legs are actually blue also. the only issue is the score monitor does not work. I have a few friends that work on pinballs said they will come over and help me out. I got it for $1500. When it gets to my home I will shoot a couple pics and post.
Again guys, you were real helpful and very much appreciate it with all the knowledge!!! Pretty excited..

Wow! Great deal! Even if you have to throw a few hundred into it for a new DMD, you did really, really well. I just paid $2800 for a Roadshow in nice condition at MGC, and after I had bought it, the seller had others offering more $$$ for the machine. It is definitely an underrated machine and I enjoy it just as much as my LOTR and CV pins that I paid much, much more for.

#29 7 years ago

Thanks, all the posts and ads I have been seeing for this game. They ranged from $2800-$3600, I got blessed and found this. If I have to get a new DMD? I will spend the few extra dollars and get a color one...

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Congrats! I think it's a very under-rated game.
Do you think it looks better with LEDs or incandescent bulbs?
Mine has legs that are only blue on the inner surfaces. I assume it originally had completely blue legs. Think I should paint them all blue? Powder coat perhaps?

LEDs will help the colour pop. Mine looks much better with them.

#31 7 years ago

My first pin was a roadshow. still have it... and wouldnt sell it for 2x the going price.

#32 7 years ago

Yeah, LEDs really help this game pop. But its easy to overdo it. I would advise against all color in the GI, a few blue sprinked in looks a lot better mixed with cool white. The cool white compliments the color scheme of the playfield IMHO.

Since you got a great price, pop for a color DMD if yours is indeed shot, might just be unplugged.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmans:

the only issue is the score monitor does not work. I have a few friends that work on pinballs said they will come over and help me out. I got it for $1500.

Wow great deal, at that price I would be looking at installing a color DMD http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-road-show-pinball-machine/ and wouldn't even think twice about it.

#34 7 years ago

Thank you for all the help guys, now if you had to choose between a High Speed or a No Fear? What would you choose?

#35 7 years ago

Both are fun, No Fear is certainly much deeper, but a beautiful High Speed would probably last longer in my collection.

#36 7 years ago

Honestly...neither. Both are one-trick ponies to me (loop after loop after loop). Frankly, the best advice is to go play as many pins as you can and see which one resonates with you. Pin taste is a highly individualized thing.

#37 7 years ago

you are correct robotron, I really like both I like the speed and the ramps

#38 7 years ago

Another machine I really like, The Machine Bride of Pinbot!! What are your guys feelings on this game?

#39 7 years ago

BoP is a game that is

1) hard to find for under 2k now
2) hard to find not totally beat to crap

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmans:

Thank you for all the help guys, now if you had to choose between a High Speed or a No Fear? What would you choose?

High Speed is special to me. It was the first pin to really use multiball jackpots and tell a story on the way to the jackpot. Used to play it at a small deli called Sal & Annie's on the Jersey Shore (fugettaboutit) on vacation.

Awesome game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.