Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

120308-texting-while-driving (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Whohoo.

I love driving. I have over a million miles under my belt over the last 20-something years. For fun. I can't tell you how many counties I've driven through, how many speeding laws I broke on small two-lane roads, and how many flat-tire changes I've have to do on a gravel county road surrounded by cornstalks.

So, soon, I have two trips coming up, one right after the other..

First, the second week in May I'll be heading out to Cedar Rapids, IA and back. I'll be driving through the center of Ohio and Indiana, heading through Wapakoneta, OH and Kokomo, IN. Then likely head west on US24 to Peoria, IL then up at an angle.

Then, the last week in May, I head out the same way - kind of - to Colorado Springs, CO. Then, I'll continue along US50 to Ely, Nevada, to Reno NV and then Willits, California. The drive back will likely be similar.

So, any road-side attractions anyone can suggest takin' a look at?

#2 4 years ago

Why didn't you plan your westerly road trip to coincide with Pin-a-Go Go? Seems like a no brainer to me! You could've even played my TZ!

Or do you like to keep your road trips as a separate hobby from pinball?

#3 4 years ago

I hate driving. And more than that, I hate driving on the freeway. The less time in the truck the better.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I hate driving. And more than that, I hate driving on the freeway. The less time in the truck the better.

Totally agree driving sucks and more importantly, the people around you driving suck. I'm from Boston area so it's probably worse here (massholes)

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Whohoo. I love driving. I have over a million miles under my belt over the last 20-something years. For fun.

I hope you were able to pickup at least one pin on every one of those road trips, or what's the point of going?

Quoted from Coyote:

So, any road-side attractions anyone can suggest takin' a look at?

Yes, lots and lots of houses filled with pinball's to take home with you.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Why didn't you plan your westerly road trip to coincide with Pin-a-Go Go? Seems like a no brainer to me! You could've even played my TZ!
    Or do you like to keep your road trips as a separate hobby from pinball?

I'm actually having to do to a industry conference on both trips. (One in Cedar Rapids, and one in Reno.) So, unfortunately, the dates were non-neogotiable. (I had hoped that MGC was going to be a little later, I would have stopped there, too..!)

Quoted from pinball4ever:

I hope you were able to pickup at least one pin on every one of those road trips, or what's the point of going? Yes, lots and lots of houses filled with pinball's to take home with you.

I've been on several trips, 8+ hours where the only reason was to get a game, yeah.

Note that I stay off the freeways as much as possible. The smaller roads, the less people - including cops. Scenery is better, locals know how to drive (at least, in rural areas..!) and there's a lot less of them..!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

the people around you driving suck.

You don't say...

120308-texting-while-driving (resized).jpg

#9 4 years ago

Waze app is a must for cops driving through Ohio. My god they have so many cops on the highways.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I'm actually having to do to a industry conference on both trips.

I kind of figured you were just making the best of a "forced" situation. I was just giving you a hard time.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I kind of figured you were just making the best of a "forced" situation. I was just giving you a hard time.

Now, depending on the trips' cost, I may be lookin' for something to bring home with me, so.. my eyes will be open while out there.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside