• Latest reply 11 years ago by Jetzxi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ebay.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I am thinking about buying a Road Show pinball for $2,700.. Any thoughts on this machine? Never played it, but it's got ton of good reviews online..

#3 11 years ago

that seems a bit on the high side but tough to say in today's pinflation market. for that price, i'd definitely want it to be 100% working and in very nice shape. the game doesn't get a lot of love from the pinball community but i like it. i think it's a fun game.

Dave

#4 11 years ago

some like, some don't, as most pins. RS first pin 12 years ago, still have it. Price? Condition, condition, condition.

#5 11 years ago

Play it (for like an hour, if the seller is nearby of course). You'll either like it or hate it. Seems to have little in between.

I'm an oddball with it. I like the theme and the music that most people hate. I think the game is annoying as heck. It goes with MB as the only two games that I cannot bring myself to complete games that I start.

#6 11 years ago

As a RS owner I think it's very deep with lots of side tasks via the bridge outs and souvenir stand and the blast zones

Then you have your USA map to explore the cities and states doing your normal modes

Then you have your wheel awards in front of bulldoze to collect

Then your multiball

Phew

But 2500-2600 seems more down to earth

Not much love for the country theme etc

But I like mine

#7 11 years ago

2200 is a solid price on a Road Show in good condition.

#8 11 years ago

I have a nice one and $2500 for a nice example is not out of line. Much over that is better be REALLY nice. It's an underrated title for sure. Not a deep game but a lot of fun and you either love it or hate it as others have mentioned. Look to see if the eyes work on both heads, wear by the kick out on the fish and take a good look at the ramps. I think RS ramps are similar to WCS94 ramps. They are both made of unobtanium.

#9 11 years ago

sub 2k would be a good price.
It's reaching new monetary heights with others in it's class ( FT, BSD, TS, WCS).

2.7k is high (for now).

#10 11 years ago

2,500 for one in great condition is in line. Mine was shopped by Shantastic then all incandescent lights replaced with LEDs , fun for all, fits well when you seek a diverse collection.

#11 11 years ago

Been looking. I am willing to pay $2,500 for VGC. Not paying more than that.

#12 11 years ago

$2500 for 100% working. Make sure both heads work. Most aprons are rusting out. Decals are available if you want to sandblast and repaint.

#13 11 years ago

100% working, decent condition, with likely a small amount of fish wear = $2300 TOPS

Super nice, 100% stripped and cleaned and put back together plus tweaked to play just right = $2700

Do not pay over $2300 for your typical/clean machine. If it is really nice then adjust your price to what you feel comfortable with. There is a nice one I know of that has been relisted for sale numerous times for 4-5 months at $2600 and has obviously not sold.

#14 11 years ago

There's a nice one on e-bay right now. No reserve and at $1800 with 6 days left.

Scott.

#15 11 years ago

I really like this game. A great wide body with plenty of toys and things to do plus a shaker. The build is fantastic Williams and would cost much more than the going rate for new sterns if built today. Its a fun game with many shots. Its in my opinion a slam dunk for the price and you can't go wrong. Play it and if its not for you, you won't have any trouble selling for what you are paying...$2300-$2.5k. We act like pinball snobs but this machine has all we ask for in todays machines, the bells and whistles. I like the theme better than TS and maybe that's why I never gave it a chance either and wouldn't rate higher due to it.

Look at posts previously on RS and with the responses of the owners. Mostly very positively reviewed by us.

GL

#16 11 years ago

$2200 good solid player

#17 11 years ago

Price on RS has been going up. It's alot of game for the money. I think $2,500 would get you a nice, fully working game and you could go down from there if not working -- working on Ted is a pain in the ass. Condition, of course, will increase the price.

I just got mine working thanks to alot of help from a friend and I love it. I've had it set up and playing for a couple of weeks. Multiball is not a gimmie which I like. Getting the first jackbot isn't too hard, but hitting Red while trying to keep the balls from draining is a good challenge. So far, I think my best is 4 or 5 Jackpots. I also love the multipliers. It's a great feeling to max out the multiplier and get a 400+M bonus!

Cheers,
Duane

#18 11 years ago

RS is one of those games that's heavily under-valued. It's three times the game Funhouse is, with a deeper ruleset, better animatronics, more humor and more stuff to shoot at. I've never understood why the game gets so little love. It's a lot of fun to play and the shaker motor is well-integrated into the gameplay. The country music really only comes out when you hit the jackpot and it's not that bad.

#19 11 years ago

Sold mine in awesome condition overall for $2400 about 6-8 months ago. I think 25-26 for a super nice example is about right.

#20 11 years ago

I think ~$2500 should get you a good one, but then I also think if I sold mine, I'd have a hard time replacing it with a comparable pin for $2500. It should go up in value and rightly so...

Chris

#21 11 years ago

At $2500, you should not have any fish wear and have it be fully working, including Red and Ted. I found one for $1600 about 2 months ago. Cabinet wasn't perfect and 2 of the city decals were cut off over their inserts. BAA has replacement decal sets for $59 if I remember correctly.

#22 11 years ago

Anybody know where to find a spare construction hat?

#23 11 years ago

try pinballdecals.com for the hat

#24 11 years ago

1800-2100 based on condition. Wear at the fish or on the map is what to look for. Also if both heads work 100%.
If you are ok with "modern" Country music you'll be ok. Cause you'll be hearing the same tune every time you hit multiball

#25 11 years ago

I'm no country music fan, but I love Road Show multiball. Great game overall, and worth every penny of 2,500 if the playfield is nice.

#26 11 years ago

Thread Jack!! Anyone have one spare decal from a Road Show? One of the small ovals that surrounds the map? If so I would love to get that from you somehow its the one blemish on my RS playfield which is otherwise very nice!

#27 11 years ago

Apparently a good price on this one was $2050.88 (and that was ebay)

ebay.com link: WILLIAMS ROADSHOW WIDE BODY MINT PINBALL classic arcade video game machine

did not sell because the sellers reserve was too high... but the potential buyers have spoken with their bids.

Just figured it was worth using this example of some HARD evidence on price.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ebay link
did not sell because the sellers reserve was too high... but the potential buyers have spoken with their bids.

Probably his pickup only stopped a lot of out of state people from bidding.

#29 11 years ago

His price stopped me from bidding.

Also, his location is a prime hotbed of pinball enthusiasts so pretty sure this provides a pretty accurate data point. At minimum it is accurate for the midwest.

#30 11 years ago

$2400.00 for a nice one.

$3000.00 for a super nice decked out near mint one

#31 11 years ago

Have any data to back that up hank?

Just asking because all evidence I have found shows that your prices are ~10% inflated over current market.

#32 11 years ago

I sold one about a month ago for $2000.00 with a full LED replacement. It was a nice player except for 2 switches that were out (Red and Ted worked perfectly). There were multiple cosmetic issues with the cabinet, as well as fish wear.

#33 11 years ago

$2500 would be my way high end on one and it's on my wishlist. Hoping to find one for the $2k-2200 range some day that's in nice shape.

#34 11 years ago

Just bought ours two days ago from a pinside member for $2400, we are happy!
Thanks Brian!!

#35 11 years ago

Bought mine in August for $2400. Playfield is almost perfect (post by the blast bunker is pushed back a little, but no wear by the fish. Cabinet is good, but faded.

#36 11 years ago

I sold a pretty nice one a couple of years ago for $1800. It had a perfect playfield and some cabinet fade.

I have a feeling it would take around $2400 to get it today.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ebay link

Partially correct.
You missed the "LOCAL PICK UP ONLY"

No shipping means limited market and likely why it did not sell.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Whysnow said:

Ebay link

Partially correct.
You missed the "LOCAL PICK UP ONLY"

No shipping means limited market and likely why it did not sell.

He states he will allow the buyer to have the game shipped and also gives NAVL's phone # in the ad, so I partially (mostly) disagree with that statement, cal50

#39 11 years ago

He states he will allow the buyer to have the game shipped and also gives NAVL's phone # in the ad, so I partially (mostly) disagree with that statement, cal50

I think the large red font size spells it out pretty clearly,

ebay.jpgebay.jpg

#40 11 years ago

I don't give 2 squirts about the local pickup in this case. Did you happen to look and see where he is located? It can't get more in the heart of pinball central. He is a half day drive from how many millions of people...

It is pretty telling when the game that appeared to be in pretty decent condition did not sell and had multiple bidders that sent it to the end price that was still almost 1k less that his BIN.

These are the facts. RS in nice condition is worth less than $2100 to the current pinball collector population in the tri-state area.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

I think the large red font size spells it out pretty clearly,

I think the font directly below it spells it our even more clearly >>>" UNLESS YOU SET UP SHIPPING YOURSELF"

#42 11 years ago

I just bought one today, Ted's not working, and a bunch of switches out

No fish wear, and looks to be in good shape other than a chip on the right ramp. Anyone know where you can buy RS ramps? I saw one on ebay, but no decals.

#43 11 years ago

I just bought one for $2500 in California, great condition with Led's. Playfield is perfect. I looked at one last year that was a disaster, had errors (menu buttons didn't work either), was beat up and the classic wear mark at the fish....he wanted $2K! California always seems a bit on the high side for pricing.

#44 11 years ago

Another vote for $2500. First working game we bought five years ago and it will likely be the last to leave our collection. Tons of depth for experienced players, and enough short term goals to keep newer players engaged.

#45 11 years ago

I sold a very, very nice example of a RS a couple of months ago for $1900. I had the game for 3 years. He got a good deal and I was OK with that...I knew him and worked several deals with him in the past on pins.

#46 11 years ago

I just bought a minty one for $2100 in Florida. (Thanks Guys! ....Pinfan4life in the post above me once removed)
I have had 6 offers...$2400 to $2600. So $2500 here in Florida for nice, $2000-$2200 for some degree of issue.

#47 11 years ago

A really nice early production model just sold for $3045 on Ebay in the midwest

ebay.com link: ROADSHOW PINBALL EARLY PRODUCTION NO RESERVE

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

A really nice early production model just sold for $3045 on Ebay in the midwest
Ebay link

He lives three blocks away from me and it is a very clean machine, I had a chance to buy that or his TZ at a discounted price but I decided to hold out for an IronMan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-whats-a-good-price-on-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.