Road Show versus Fun House.....

By iceman44

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Red and Ted versus Rudy, which do you like better!

#2 12 years ago

Owned both, enjoyed Funhouse, but ultimately (in my opinion of course!) it doesn't compare to the depth, beauty, originality and sheer brilliance of Roadshow

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

Owned both, enjoyed Funhouse, but ultimately (in my opinion of course!) it doesn't compare to the depth, beauty, originality and sheer brilliance of roadshow

You have a great lineup of pins, where do you rank Roadshow amongst SM, LOTR, WH20 etc...

#4 12 years ago

Hmmm, good question.

They are all my favourites in one way or another.

For flow, I think that SM is the best game out there. For rules/depth I think that LOTR is the best. For fun/sheer enjoyment in making shots I think that White Water kills virtually any game. But Roadshow, for me, combines all of the above. The flow of the left ramp to right ramp through the pops followed by the mini flipper into the blast zone, incredible. The depth of the rules, so so many modes, crossing the country 3 times to complete! And I just love all of the dots, the theme, the 2 heads, second plunger. It would be the last game to leave my collection.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

It would be the last game to leave my collection.

That's impressive..so Roadshow would go great with my SM and LOTR...thx

#6 12 years ago

I think that it would perfectly compliment them 2 games. When I first purchase my games they go into the garage, only when I am sure they are going to stick around for a while do they come in the house. I have 4 games in the house. SM and LOTR have been there for about 2 years. Roadshow and Creature have made it past the 10 year mark.

#7 12 years ago

the only real similarities between the two are the heads and the designer. i have a ton of time in on funhouse and only a little on roadshow but i must say that the entire playfield layout on roadshow is just bizarre. There really isn't anything else like it. I like it, would buy one if priced fairly, that's for sure.

#8 12 years ago

Roadshow is another great Plaw title, I loved mine, another one I would love to have back someday!

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

When I first purchase my games they go into the garage, only when I am sure they are going to stick around for a while do they come in the house.

I do the same thing, when the pins are in the garage, we are "just dating".

I had both and like RS much more than FH. In a small collection, there is a lot of staying power and depth. The theme is a bit quirky and I think that holds the value down along with the linear play.

#10 12 years ago

I like RS more than FH IMHO. I can't say no to widebodies.

#11 12 years ago

Having both of the games, but only playing FH a little before I dismantled it to restore, I would say without a doubt Road Show is the winner to me. The depth of RS is crazy, in this case two heads are better than one, the only thing that game doesn't have is magnets. The funny thing is I paid less for my excellent shape RS than I did for a beatup FH. Just goes to show price isn't dependant on gameplay.

#13 12 years ago

so why isn't Road Show rated higher?

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

Annoying country music

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

+1 The real question is why is FH ranked #14 on the top 100?

#16 12 years ago

FUNHOUSE! It's a classic, will never get old. Road Show isn't a far off 2nd but different games overall and really can't be compared IMO. Different times, different games.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

docscott said:so why isn't Road Show rated higher?

Because it's awesome

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

I think that the current ranking of RS is just about right on the mark.

I've had one for a couple of weeks, and while it isn't my favorite pin, I am enjoying it. Lots of cool shots.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Annoying country music

Right down my alley then....

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

kwiKimart said:docscott said:so why isn't Road Show rated higher?
Because it's awesome

'nuff said

#21 12 years ago

Funhouse is more accessible. More people have good memories of it, more people are motivated to write a review for it.

Road Show is really ambitious. Cross-playfield shots, lots to do, good flow and you need quick reflexes for when the ball comes near the upper flippers. Funhouse is a stop and go pin. Road Show is more fun i think

#22 12 years ago

RS has more to offer, but FH is a great classic because it's a ton of fun. Beating on Rudy is just hilarious. Many moons ago though I would have said just get a RS, but now that I have both it's plain to see you can't go wrong with either.

#23 12 years ago

I think I enjoy playing Red and Ted more... But would probably rather own a Rudy.

...I don't understand me either.

#24 12 years ago

I had each for about a year, and would give the nod to RS. The biggest downfall to Roadshow is going to be it's linear ruleset. It is a really fun game, and has a ton of different shots and features, but having to make your way to the west with only a handful of options will start to wear on your after awhile. If you don't mind linear rulesets, then RS is great.

Lots of people bag on the music, I HATE country music, and not once did the music bother me. Again, a lot more to shoot at on RS as opposed to FH, but FH is great System 11 fun. If I had room for either of them, I would give the nod to RS, but only in a bigger collection where I would have to be in the mood to play it.

#25 12 years ago

I own both pins and would have to say RS is more fun to play than FH. Don't get me wrong, I love Rudy and the theme, but RS has more to shoot for and I think the TED shots to get multiball is more of a blast to play than Rudy's shot.

#26 12 years ago

I had roadshow for about 6 years and traded it. Funhouse will never leave. Well, I hope not! Roadshow was fun, but very linear. Both are fun games, but no matter how many hads you stick in a game, you cant touch Rudy!

#27 12 years ago

So even though Rudy and FH was my first pin love back in the early 90's I'm going with RS for the country music!

#28 12 years ago

Funhouse is a classic and everybody knows it and that can't be said for Roadshow. I think that's the main reason FH is rated higher.
They are both cool but I wouldn't trade my RS for a FH.

#29 12 years ago

Thats like a Father VS Son & Daughter match.
Errrrr....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-versus-fun-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.