(Topic ID: 77220)

Road Show -- Trading Post Souvenirs -- What have you traded?

By OLDPINGUY

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Marten
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 21.10.46.png
wheel after.jpg
finished2.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have been enjoying Road Show for about a year now.
A lot to do, and when a game this age plays like new, I feel very lucky.

I recently have been trying to collect all of the Souvenirs from Bobs Trading Post.
Only recently have items come up like Gold Pinball, Zinc Pinball, Lead Pinball.

I never seem to get one....are they a tease? What are they worth in trade?
Does anyone know of a full list, and values? Do the values change or have a multiplier?

I hope no one minds the questions...drama free...I just really love this game and the goals!

A pic, to show off a little.

finished2.jpgfinished2.jpg wheel after.jpgwheel after.jpg
#2 10 years ago

http://pinball.org/rules/roadshow.html#Souvenirs

I have gotten one or two of them, they are real. You cannot trade them, the rewards are given right away. Kinda miss my road show.

#3 10 years ago

Been playing Roadshow for a month now and really enjoying it, super fun game with heaps to do, very unique to say the least, Yes zinc pinball has came up when I was visiting bobs to buy a souvenir and I got a extra ball instantly not sure how many points it costed me, but im sure I got a lead pinball as well once, cant remember what happened, but they are gettable, not just there to tease us. Great game glad you brought thread, love roadshow!!!

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the link....what a bunch of junk available!

A uranium Pinball?

So there is like 6 ways or more to get an extra ball.

Nice to know, whisper, theres love for RS, in Melbourne, Mate!

#5 10 years ago

Just spend a half hour reviewing the rules again. So much I haven't completed in this game. It's well-loved in our house.

#6 10 years ago

Don't forget to get Construction Mania when you hit The Souvenir Bunker and see the message "uranium ore $3/chunk." Quickly hit both flippers twice. It starts a timed secret mode where basically everything is 3,000,000 points.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Don't forget to get Construction Mania when you hit The Souvenir Bunker and see the message "uranium ore $3/chunk." Quickly hit both flippers twice. It starts a timed secret mode where basically everything is 3,000,000 points.

Always on the eye out for that one. I had no idea about the "Magic Switch" and all it's benefits. Good to read them rule sheets once in a while. There's a lot more going on with RS than most give it credit for.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

There's a lot more going on with RS than most give it credit for.

I still notice things that I have not seen before after a couple years of owning it. Of course, I'm a poor player, but still there is a lot going on in the game.

#9 10 years ago

You can sell your souvenirs in Albuquerque but it's usually only worth it if you have a high bonus multiplier at the time.
Otherwise keep the souvenirs because you can get super high end of ball bonuses with them.
Buying the pinball souvenirs (zinc, gold etc.) is also a good idea because with every extra ball you get an end of ball bonus off course.
For high end of ball bonuses you basically need to light as many cities and have as many souvenirs as you can. Top it off with a 6X multiplier and you're king. I've seen them as high as 6 billion.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

You can sell your souvenirs in Albuquerque but it's usually only worth it if you have a high bonus multiplier at the time.
Otherwise keep the souvenirs because you can get super high end of ball bonuses with them.
Buying the pinball souvenirs (zinc, gold etc.) is also a good idea because with every extra ball you get an end of ball bonus off course.
For high end of ball bonuses you basically need to light as many cities and have as many souvenirs as you can. Top it off with a 6X multiplier and you're king. I've seen them as high as 6 billion.

Good point. Hmmm ... need to play some RS tonight.

#11 10 years ago

Are there any souvenirs that are not worth buying? Are they worth picking up if you are in a game that most likely won't make it to Albuquerque?

#12 10 years ago

I have been loving my RS! I also have it int he extended part of the kitchen which is great for playing pinball while waiting on stuff to cook. Play a ball, check on the chicken, play a ball, stir the pot... ONly problem is good balls sometimes = over cooked meals.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Are there any souvenirs that are not worth buying?

Only souvenirs that have a city linked to them will give extra bonus if you have both the city and souvenir.
You may get money for the other ones if you sell them in Albuquerque but I'm not sure.

Here is the list that Pinballkim linked to:

Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 21.10.46.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-15 at 21.10.46.png

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ONly problem is good balls sometimes = over cooked meals.

Just use the 'pause function'. Shoot the ball in the start city hole and before it ejects open the coin door.
This will disable power to the coil that shoots it out and you can leave the game while you stir.

#15 10 years ago

Another key point about buying souvenirs is that Red's comment after you purchase or don't purchase is always random. i.e. she might say "What a waste of money" even if you just bought a souvenir from a city you've already completed which might payoff at the next ball drain even at 1X.

I just point that out because I used to think she was helpfully coaching me, but she's not. Just ignore her.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianMadden:

Another key point about buying souvenirs is that Red's comment after you purchase or don't purchase is always random. i.e. she might say "What a waste of money" even if you just bought a souvenir from a city you've already completed which might payoff at the next ball drain even at 1X.
I just point that out because I used to think she was helpfully coaching me, but she's not. Just ignore her.

Noted. I often thought that those "waste of money" souvenirs actually sold for less in Albuquerque. That bitch!

Incidentally I've been trying to get my balls in her mouth for some time.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

Just use the 'pause function'. Shoot the ball in the start city hole and before it ejects open the coin door.
This will disable power to the coil that shoots it out and you can leave the game while you stir.

Buy a slow cooker! A pinhead's best friend.

#18 10 years ago

Has anyone ever played the secret video mode? Apparently, the code shows up in Bob's bunker occasionally. Is it worth the effort, does anyone have video of it?

RS is my favorite pin!

#19 10 years ago

I was able to shot the ball in Red's mouth once, and you will love what she does with it! Spits it out and says "man... that tasted awful!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Has anyone ever played the secret video mode? Apparently, the code shows up in Bob's bunker occasionally. Is it worth the effort, does anyone have video of it?

Wait there's a secret video mode?
I've never seen this.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

RS is my favorite pin!

It's not a real video mode. If you get a high score after that shows up, enter that code in the high score screen and it shows the credits. It's a joke from Dwight Sullivan whose previous game was STTNG. The code in RS is a joke where he's "revealing" the secret video mode in STTNG which was way not secret by the time RS came out.

#22 10 years ago

So tonight I dug in and played a few games of RS. Was really enjoying things as is ... then I hit the Super Payday and had a good roll going - best one to date. Fun fun fun.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

I was able to shot the ball in Red's mouth once, and you will love what she does with it! Spits it out and says "man... that tasted awful!

Also you can get the quote "How do you eat those things?"

#24 10 years ago

So what are the advantages if you don't sell your souvenirs in Albuquerque??

#25 10 years ago

Thanx guys for posting about construction mania , hit bobs and saw uranium ore $3 bucks a chunk and remembered in the thread some one posting about hitting the flippers twice, and there we have it, learn something new every day. This game just gets better and better, "biggest bang for your buck baby"....

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

If you sell you get immediate pay offs, if you don't it goes towards your bonus. Selling will depend on what ball you are, what your bonus multiplier is and how confident you feel making the bonus multiplier shots if it's low.

Left/right ramp than blast zone combo is sweet and rewarding shot and provides great flow to a deep and funny game. Better gameplay than twilight zone in my humble opinion. Owned both.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Also you can get the quote "How do you eat those things?"

You only get this quote if you have previously started multiball.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Quoted from Marten:

If you are on your last ball in a tournament, sell, but if you've got some game left keep them for high bonuses later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-trading-post-souvenirs-what-have-you-traded-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.