• 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3401_(450_x_336).jpg
Roadshow_Topper_Manual.pdf (PDF preview)
Roadshow_Topper_Manual.pdf (PDF preview)
CIMG3415.JPG
CIMG3416.JPG
5_toppers.jpg
Farfalla.png
RS_topper.jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Yep...it's a topper

#52 11 years ago

I had the same issue as others with the brackets because you can't get the screws to go straight into the top of the backbox. Other than that very happy with this interactive topper!

#53 11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I never thought about the side mounts being difficult since I've had mine mounted for some time now and just don't remember having the issue. I think I marked the mount holes and did a little pre-drilling now that I think about it and that made screwing in pretty easy. Aside from that, I'm glad to hear that everyone's topper is working great. Being my first mod I was a bit nervous. I tested on 3 different Road Shows just to be sure.

I love the pics there callmesteam. It's a pretty good feeling seing something I created being used. Thanks.

#54 11 years ago

I predrilled holes too. The screws alllllmost fit without removing the brackets, but even then, removing the brackets only took an extra moment. No big deal. And the unit self-tests when you turn the game on, and I like that feature. It made me feel better when I was trying to hook it up! Thanks for a great mod, Supadave!

#55 11 years ago

Any chance you'll make more of these toppers? I just received my RoadShow 2 weeks ago and would love to have this on my game as well.

#56 11 years ago

Swiftfur, due to the amount of people that have asked. I'll probably do 5 or so more. I just have to get through this first run first.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

Swiftfur, due to the amount of people that have asked. I'll probably do 5 or so more. I just have to get through this first run first.

add me to the list por favor

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

Yay, thank you very much! I'll take one too, let me know how to contact you for the info.

#59 11 years ago

(Update 6/27) - Decided to take the number of Toppers from 25 to 30 as I had some more requests. Dang near sold out of those already! Thanks everyone.. I tried to send emails and pms to those interested. If I missed you then you can hit me up with an email to [email protected]

Thanks
David

#60 11 years ago

Thanks Dave! Looking forward to my topper. Anybody that was on the fence about ordering one, do so now because he only has a few left.

#61 11 years ago

All 30 are now sold. You guys are keeping me busy. Will be shipping 5 more on Friday and those getting one will be notified of ship confirmation and tracking. Thanks. David

#62 11 years ago

I'm not surprised that you are selling a lot of these. Very cool mod, love mine!

#63 11 years ago

I got a few questions on installation. Someone asked if it was solderless, or if they needed a drill or can an amature install it. Here is the install manual in PDF form. This should answer any questions. The biggest thing so far has been the side mount issue. Apparently it can be difficult to screw them in due to the fact they are located under the overhanging lights on the outer edges. They are optional since there are two also in the back that are very easy to install. The best way would be to mark your holes with a marker then take the mounts off the light itself and mount them onto the head first and then screw them back into the side of the light.

#64 11 years ago

awesome mod! great job!

#65 11 years ago

I used a drill to start pilot holes, and I'm glad I did. The wood proved to be much harder than I expected. I think an amateur could install it though, it was pretty easy and only took about 20 minutes, even with the drilling and marking holes.

#66 11 years ago

(Update 7/2) - Another shipment went out today. Those receiving a topper in this shipment have been notified. Thanks for being patient. Target for next shipment is next Monday.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

(Update 7/2) - Another shipment went out today. Those receiving a topper in this shipment have been notified. Thanks for being patient. Target for next shipment is next Monday.

I came home and there was my RS topper!
It feels well built and the scale is perfect,everybody
likes it as much as I do It really looks at home on this pin
Dave is one of the good guys in pinball!
Rick in Indiana

#68 11 years ago

Just received my topper today. Easy to install, and it works great! I drilled pilot holes and then used an offset screw driver - piece of cake. Awesome addition to my RS - thanks Dave!
Jim G. in Colorado

#69 11 years ago

This is cool if i had a roadshow I would want one

#70 11 years ago

(Update 7/11) - Another shipment out the door today. I'm starting to see the end in sight. Those receiving theirs in this shipment have been notified. Thank you again to everyone that has ordered and for all of the nice replies. I'm glad that everyone is happy with their toppers.

David

#71 11 years ago

Got my topper and this thing is great, the construction of it is anything but cheap. i have seen some overpriced cheap products and this isn't one of them. Installation was a breeze. Thanks Dave

#72 11 years ago

(Update 7/15) Decided to build another 5 toppers due to the amount of requests. I have SOLD OUT for purchase. If you are interested in purchasing a topper then hit me up at [email protected] with your address and I'll get you a quote with shipping. Thanks.

1 week later
#73 11 years ago

(Update 7/23) Shipped a batch today. Those receiving one have been notified. One more shipment left to go and I'll be caught up. If I didn't send you an email today then you are on the next shipment to go out which should be later next week.

1 week later
#74 11 years ago

I have one extra Roadshow Topper available if anyone is interested. The final shipments will be going out tomorrow and Thursday for those who already ordered.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

if anyone is interested

PM sent.

#76 11 years ago

The spare topper has been sold. I'll be making a few more in the near future. I'll post when they are ready. I'm just now getting caught up with all the prepaid folks.

#77 11 years ago

Rats!
Sorry I missed it, but my own fault for waiting so long............
Thanks for the update.

#78 11 years ago

Crap! I want one too!

#79 11 years ago

(Update 8/1) Had a pretty good amount of interest for one more batch. Therefore, one more batch is in the works. Making 5 more toppers. PM if interested.

#80 11 years ago

Thanks! That sounds Supa!
PM sent.

#81 11 years ago

I will be ordering one.

#82 11 years ago

Got mine and installed it right away. Excellent quality, works great. RS is a keeper!

Thanks Dave.

#83 11 years ago

Quality topper looks great and works great!!! Thanks Dave.

2 weeks later
#84 11 years ago

Shameless Bump.. Wanted to let folks know that www.pinballtoppers.com has a special offer going on right now. Order any topper and recieve a handy little Ready Ratchet for free. It's not much but I wanted to have something to give as a bonus to those buying.

#85 11 years ago

(Update 8/25) Phew, shipped another load today. I got a few more to go and I'll be cought up again. I sent an email to everyone on the ship list today. Thank you everyone for the wonderful support.

David

IMG_3401_(450_x_336).jpgIMG_3401_(450_x_336).jpg

#86 11 years ago

GUYS. SupaDave has flown around the earth counter-clockwise to tell us he shipped a load today....FROM THE FUTURE.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

GUYS. SupaDave has flown around the earth counter-clockwise to tell us he shipped a load today....FROM THE FUTURE.

Hahaha, Well, my mind has been so focused on these and the Johnny Mnemonic futuristic topper that I do feel as if I could and have performed time travel. Who would like tomorrows lottery numbers?

#88 11 years ago

Better to be ahead than to be behind.

#89 11 years ago

Got mine Saturday.
Installed easy, great instructions, no soldering, no muss, no fuss.

Looks great, like it should have been there originally, shouldn't have waited this long to get it.

Thanks Dave!

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Got mine Saturday.
Installed easy, great instructions, no soldering, no muss, no fuss.
Looks great, like it should have been there originally, shouldn't have waited this long to get it.
Thanks Dave!

Wow, kudos to Fedex. I shipped that on Friday and they delivered it Saturday. Glad you like it.

David
www.pinballtoppers.com

#91 11 years ago

I want one bad!! I'll be ordering one soon. I'll post a pic of it installed.

#92 11 years ago

I want one too, but it wont fit with my current ceilings. I might get one in case I ever move though.

#93 11 years ago

Yeah, had your email Friday saying you sent it, so I was somewhat shocked when it arrived Saturady. Fedex did manage to break open the packing tape seal on the bottom of the box, so the packing peanuts were spilling out a little. Fedex guy was very apologetic and waited while I checked the box, and also gave me a number to call if any problems found afterwards. All contents were there, including the free rachet set (Thanks!), and everything was in great shape and works fine.

#94 11 years ago

Just ordered one. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#95 11 years ago

(Update 9/17) Sent another batch last Wednesday. Got some feedback already from some that received. Thanks.. If you didn't get your ship notice then you will be on the next shipment targeted for this weekend. Thanks.

#96 11 years ago

Got mine and think this topper is great. Was easy to hook up though I redid the connector to the auxiliary power board. Was really impressed with the quality of this one.

It's really cool in multi ball and of course it comes on briefly when you start the game. Overall I think it's a must have for Road Show owners

1 month later
#97 11 years ago

Can someone give me a height of the machine with topper installed?

#98 11 years ago

The topper is 8 inches tall. Depending on how high your legs are set it can determine the overall height. Measure your machine and add 8 inches.

David

10 months later
4 months later
#100 10 years ago

how many watts are these leds?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-topper-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.