• 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3401_(450_x_336).jpg
Roadshow_Topper_Manual.pdf (PDF preview)
Roadshow_Topper_Manual.pdf (PDF preview)
CIMG3415.JPG
CIMG3416.JPG
5_toppers.jpg
Farfalla.png
RS_topper.jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

(Update 9/17) Sent another batch last Wednesday. Got some feedback already from some that received. Thanks.. If you didn't get your ship notice then you will be on the next shipment targeted for this weekend. Thanks David

(Update 8/25) Phew, shipped another load today. I got a few more to go and I'll be cought up again. I sent an email to everyone on the ship list today. Thank you everyone for the wonderful support.

(Update 8/22) I can still be reached through [email protected] or through my new site www.pinballtoppers.com. Thanks David.

(Update 8/1) Had a pretty good amount of interest for one more batch. Therefore, one more batch is in the works. Making 5 more toppers. PM if interested. (Sold Out)

(Update 7/23) Shipped a batch today. Those receiving one have been notified. One more shipment left to go and I'll be caught up. If I didn't send you an email today then you are on the next shipment to go out which should be later next week.

(Update 7/15) Decided to build another 5 toppers due to the amount of requests. I have SOLD OUT for purchase at this time. If you are interested in purchasing a topper then hit me up at [email protected] with your address and I'll get you a quote with shipping. Thanks.

(Update 7/11) - Another shipment out the door today. I'm starting to see the end in sight. Those receiving theirs in this shipment have been notified. Thank you again to everyone that has ordered and for all of the nice replies. I'm glad that everyone is happy with their toppers. David

(Update 7/2) - Another shipment went out today. Those receiving a topper in this shipment have been notified. Thanks for being patient. Target for next shipment is next Monday.

(Update 6/28) - Added install manual in PDF to help answer the install questions. See Attachments Below.

(Update 6/27) - Decided to take the number of Toppers from 25 to 30 as I had some more requests. I've sold out of those already! Thanks everyone.. I tried to send emails and pms to those interested. If I missed you then you can hit me up with an email to [email protected]

(Update 6/20) - 10 toppers have been shipped since last week. Will prepare more this weekend for another round of shipping next week. Thanks and I hope everyone is happy with their topper.

(Update 6/9) - All 25 toppers sold. Thank you everyone. Shipping will begin on Monday. Will have 5 to ship out this week to those that prepaid first! Your payments helped the project and you shall be rewarded first. Thank you. I will email everyone with a tracking number when I ship your topper.

(Update 5/28) - I wanted to share a little update with those who have purchased. The building is coming along great!

5_toppers.jpg5_toppers.jpg

(Original)
I wanted to share some info on a Topper Mod i've been working on for Road Show owners. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thank you, Dave

http://roadshowtopper.blogspot.com/

#2 11 years ago

nice, that's awesome. I like toppers that are animated.

#3 11 years ago

That's friggin' sweet!

Email sent, definitely interested!

#4 11 years ago

It's excellent, great work!! PM sent to put me on the list!!

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

It's excellent, great work!! PM sent to put me on the list!!

That's two of us.

I hope a lot of RS owners see this and get on the list.

Dave, have you posted on RGP?

#6 11 years ago

I don't have a road show, but this is a really nice topper, congrats!

Robert

#7 11 years ago

E-mail sent, I'd take one!

#8 11 years ago

I'm on the list, looks cool

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

I wanted to share some info on a Topper Mod i've been working on for Road Show owners. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thank you, Dave
http://roadshowtopper.blogspot.com/

Friggin sweet, I want one!

#10 11 years ago

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty proud of it and I'm happy to see that there is interest. Judging by the amount of emails i've got in the last hour and the pm's I'd say way more interest than I thought it would. I've got everyone that sent a message on a list. I will build some up and try to reply to everyone when they are ready. Dave

#11 11 years ago

Extremely cool, super excited for this, a well integrated topper that looks great to make an amazing game even better

#12 11 years ago

Price is very reasonable considering all the work that you have to put into these.

If I had a roadshow I would sure place a order with you, Great Work !!!

#13 11 years ago

Very Nice.. I like that.

#14 11 years ago

Email sent. My Roadshow and I are in a love/hate relationship. I love it but it seems to hate me. Maybe some jewelery like this will help smooth things out with Red.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty proud of it and I'm happy to see that there is interest. Judging by the amount of emails i've got in the last hour and the pm's I'd say way more interest than I thought it would. I've got everyone that sent a message on a list. I will build some up and try to reply to everyone when they are ready. Dave

I'm not surprised that you've received such a positive response as it looks great and fits the theme perfectly.

I just hope you send these out in the order you received the emails!

#16 11 years ago

Awesome!!!!!!!

#17 11 years ago

If I didn't already make my own Roadshow topper for $10 bucks or have such low ceilings in my game room I would be all over this Dave! Lights on top are tied into the GI and flasher inside my reflector tied into the Blast Zone insert. Good luck and hope you sell a lot of these and will tell my friend in Ottawa who loves his Roadshow as much as me about your topper.

RS_topper.jpgRS_topper.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Very nice looking toppers guys. It's stuff like this I wish I was creative enough to come up with and help out the community. I'd love creating something like these, shipping them out, and then getting feedback on them. Gotta feel good.

Edit: By the way, just watching your video makes me want to own a road show. I had the opportunity to buy one a few years ago for $1500 (after playing it I loved it), but at that time I thought that was a lot of money to spend on a pin. Now look at my collection. Doh!

#19 11 years ago

Nice work again SupaDave. I know you're still in the preliminary stages of this, but do you have the height or dimensions of the topper? Pretty sure anyone with a Roadshow, the head room, and the spare cash will be interested in one of these

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

Nice work again SupaDave. I know you're still in the preliminary stages of this, but do you have the height or dimensions of the topper? Pretty sure anyone with a roadshow, the head room, and the spare cash will be interested in one of these

I have a pretty good idea but I will measure when I get home and post the exact dimensions here and update the blog as well. That would be some nice information to put out there. Thanks for the tip.

#21 11 years ago

Dave, any ETA on when the first ones will be ready to ship?

<yes, I'm anxious for this!>

#22 11 years ago

Dimensions are as follows. 20.5 inches wide by 8 inches tall at the tallest point of the light domes.

Rob, as for an ETA I'm thinking June 11th. I don't want to over promise and that will give me plenty of time to get things orderd, made and tested.

#23 11 years ago

Great, thanks for the response Dave. Looking forward to this one!

#24 11 years ago

Very creative, Dave! Well done!

#25 11 years ago

Email sent!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

wanted to share some info on a Topper Mod i've been working on for Road Show owners.

As I said previously, this is really nice. It seems that toppers are now the new bling item on machines, and for me a better option than playfield toys.

Would be nice to see more for ther machines made.

Good job.

Robert

#27 11 years ago

Wow! Killer work dude! I'll take one for sure .

#28 11 years ago

The response for the topper has been incredible. I have a huge list of people interested. I kept everyone in order they came in through on my email and pms. I hope to send out 5-10 the week of June 11th just to get things rolling and another 5-10 in a couple weeks after that. If you want to know where you fall on the list you're more than welcome to shoot me a pm or email.

On a side note, I've been asked if I will be creating toppers for other machines that would be interactive like the Roadshow topper. Well, as I wait for parts to be delivered I had time to think about it. I visited another collector in the area to browse possible candidates and one definetly came up. So yes, I see another strong candidate but it will have to wait until the rush of the Roadshows is completed before I put any focus into it.

#29 11 years ago

HEHEHHEHEHHE!!!

I think I know 1 candidate...but

I'm not tellin'!!! Nahnananahna!!!

Phoebe

#31 11 years ago

HEHEHHEHEHHE!!!
Phoebe

NO Phoebe, I'm not doing a Farfalla. It would look too much like this..

Farfalla.pngFarfalla.png

#32 11 years ago

Great lookin' mod! I'd be in if I owned RS.

Todd

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Supadave:

HEHEHHEHEHHE!!!
Phoebe

NO Phoebe, I'm not doing a Farfalla. It would look too much like this..

Attachments Farfalla.png (123.3 KB, 0 downloads) 7 hours old

Nah!!! Those are covered!! You can see more than that on Farfalla!!

Phoebe

#34 11 years ago

I want to say thanks and let everyone know that the eta is right on target for the week of june 11th to start shipments to those that have prepaid. Shipments will continue each week afterwards until everyone has their order. The plan is to ship 5-10 each week. I created a ship list based on those that prepaid first and will go from there. If you have prepaid and you want to see where you are on the shiplist just send me an email at [email protected].

Prepay eligibility will continue until june 8th or until all 25 are sold. Currently I have less than 10 left. It's been exciting and I want to thank everyone again that has shown interest.

Thank you
David

#35 11 years ago

(Update 5/28) - I wanted to share a little update with those who have purchased. The building is coming along great!

// Error: Image 29248 not found //

#36 11 years ago

Dave, that pic is great except for one major thing: there are 5 of them and you told me I was number 7 in line!

#37 11 years ago

They look real nice, professionally done and fit the theme perfectly.

#38 11 years ago

Really cool!

1 week later
#39 11 years ago

(Update 6/9) - All 25 toppers sold. Thank you everyone. Shipping will begin on Monday. Will have 5 to ship out this week to those that prepaid first! Your payments helped the project and you shall be rewarded first. Thank you. I will email everyone with a tracking number when I ship your topper.

#40 11 years ago

Can't wait!

#41 11 years ago

Sweet!!!

#42 11 years ago

I just received the topper. It has some nice detailed instructions and looks great as it was built with high quality components. Hopefully, I can get it installed in the next couple of days.

Great communication throughout the process, thanks David!

#43 11 years ago

I'd take one like that but blue for my Demo man

#44 11 years ago

Very nice topper. Wish I had a RS.

1 week later
#45 11 years ago

(Update 6/20) - 10 toppers have been shipped since last week. Will prepair more this weekend for another round of shipping next week. Thanks and I hope everyone is happy with their topper.

#46 11 years ago

I'd pick one up when/if you make another batch.

#47 11 years ago

Will be restoring one soon with NOS Bill Davis cleared playfield. Put me down if you build more. (Unless somebody wants to make an obscene offer on game and playfield.)

#48 11 years ago

Installed mine yesterday! My only advice is that you remove the side brackets to ease with mounting. They are under the beacons, so they are difficult to install as is. I left them on to measure the holes, then removed them to mount and it was a lot easier. I nearly stripped a screw trying to do it while they were attached.

Looks awesome though! Very nice quality! Just make sure you put the clip on the dozer blade motor, and not Ted's mouth motor like I did! haha...

// Error: Image 32285 not found // CIMG3416.JPGCIMG3416.JPG CIMG3415.JPGCIMG3415.JPG

#49 11 years ago

Very nice looking topper. Great work.
I do not have RS or I would be on the list.

Best of luck with sales.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

My only advice is that you remove the side brackets to ease with mounting. They are under the beacons, so they are difficult to install as is

Got mine installed too and removed the side brackets so it went on pretty easy. My young boys (and I) really enjoy the multiball -- great topper!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-topper-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.