(Topic ID: 8007)

Road Show Thoughts?

By mtp78

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roadshow16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 12 years ago

In my opinion, the best game ever made. Had over a hundred machines over the years, RS is the only machine that I never ever bore of, it is simply, in my eyes at least, the closest to perfection ever created.

#18 12 years ago

good idea

#28 12 years ago

There are many many reasons why I think it is the best game ever. But the satisfaction of hitting the left ramp bridge out, into the right ramp through the pops bridge out, into the blast zone shot from the mini flipper is just about as good as any combo I have ever come across, it never grows old...

#30 12 years ago

Agreed Lee, awsome feeling when you manage to get into a routine of nailing Ted in the mouth then Red and repeating, that sequence really improved my control during multiball. By the way 22 billion, that is one amazing score, that must have taken you forever! I managed 8 billion with no extra balls the other day, that made me happy

#33 12 years ago

Absolutely, when playing a game with extra balls, the way to score big is get that bonus multi-plyer up to 6x, get the extra ball for your troubles and keep nailing that skill shot at every opportunity. I too have managed to break over a billion in bonus alone (wow, big points).

Also, worked something else out the other day which I thought was pretty cool (maybe it was obvious to others, but I have had the game for 10 years and have only just worked it out!). Hit the blast zone 3 times to light flying rocks, complete Miami or New York and then start Seattle. Shoot flying rocks. Shoot the 5x blast zone multi-plyer and nail the blast zone off the mini flipper, makes that 30-40 million point shot worth closer to 180 million quick points. Seems obvious now I have written it, but it took me 10 years!

I do have 2 spidey's Its a great game. I think i'm going to hold on to them both for now, unless you fancy trading for your MM?

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Also, I notice your hi-scores don't end in '0'... that's a bit odd...

Ha!!!! I thought it would be way longer than that before anyone noticed! I thought it was funny that it was even possible to change that last digit

4 months later
#63 12 years ago

Bang for buck........expensive.......cheap.........flowing.......stop start..........country......call it what you like, TZ should be holding RS's balls

#65 12 years ago

TZ is a good pin, it just lacks the joy that RS bestows in its players, TZ is good, RS is great IMO of course

#66 12 years ago

Also RobT, how would you compare RS to NGG? I don't have a lot of time spent on NGG but it is a machine that has always intrigued me, I put it in a similar bracket to RS, underrated Lawlor game because people aren't too keen on the theme. I certainly hope to own a NGG one day

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roadshow16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-thoughts?tu=roadshow16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.