(Topic ID: 8007)

Road Show Thoughts?

By mtp78

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 12 years ago

Excellent game, Lawlor's finest! This is a keeper for me... I like the way you have to go across the country to the West Coast, and then get like a mini wizard mode... but only get around 1/2 the city inserts... then you have to go again, but be careful when you shoot the start city scoop to try and start cities you haven't lit (they toggle between 2 cities as you hit stuff)... then get another west coast city... and I think you have to go a third time to get the final west coast city (picking off any un-lit cities on the way)... finally, when you get all the cities, you get some mega wizard mode... I don't think I ever managed that while I had the game set up... Some nice long shots, nice use if 2nd plunger... like the souvenir idea too, and I think I kind of fancy Red

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Does Red swallow balls?

Yes she does... that's part of the attraction

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

the satisfaction of hitting the left ramp bridge out, into the right ramp through the pops bridge out, into the blast zone shot from the mini flipper is just about as good as any combo I have ever come across, it never grows old...

I'm with you on that one! I also love how the jackpot is displayed, the 'bam bam bam' for each letter... little things please little minds

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

By the way 22 billion, that is one amazing score, that must have taken you forever!

It did take a while... the problem with the hi score charts is that the settings a person has on a game may differ slightly from the factory settings without the player realising... especially if played on location... I'm not sure how I had my extra ball settings for example, but I did have the game on 5 ball... I wanted to chage that when I entered the hi-score, but couldn't work out how to do it... I noticed that the way to get a big score on that game it to build sounenirs, especially from the skill shot... every time you plunge the ball, get a souvanir... with a load of souvanirs and the bonus multiplier maxed out, I seem to remember getting well over a billion in bonus...

8 billion with no extra balls is very impressive!

#32 12 years ago

By the way R16, I see you have two Spiderman's... want to sell one?? I'll be over your way (ish) just before Xmas!

Also, I notice your hi-scores don't end in '0'... that's a bit odd...

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

Hit the blast zone 3 times to light flying rocks, complete Miami or New York and then start Seattle. Shoot flying rocks. Shoot the 5x blast zone multi-plyer and nail the blast zone off the mini flipper, makes that 30-40 million point shot worth closer to 180 million quick points. Seems obvious now I have written it, but it took me 10 years!

Well, it certainly doesn't sound obvious to me, even though I'm reading it!!

Quoted from roadshow16:

I think i'm going to hold on to them both for now, unless you fancy trading for your MM?

Not even for both Spideys!!

I'll give you a Black Knight for it... it's almost the same as an MM... very similar theme... and I'll throw in a Jungle Lord as a sweetener!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 37.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-thoughts?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.