7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PinFan4Life
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Played Road Show for the first time last nite, It was'nt in full working order.
I thought it was alot of fun. I liked the wide body layout and the shaker motor was really cool.
Can I get some feedback from you guys on the game? Might be in the market for one, Seems like a game alot of people would like. What is a nice condition one worth? Thanks

#2 7 years ago

RS is a good game for kids and adults. The humor in the game rivals MM.

#3 7 years ago

I've had one for a few months and am still playing it a lot. Some people don't like the country
music that plays. I don't mind personally.

Check the rating comments: http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/road-show-red-and-teds/ratings

#4 7 years ago

Love it. Would like one. Priced somewhat high for its year and popularity, though.

#6 7 years ago

It's a very "kitchen sink" kind of pin, as if Lawlor was just trying to throw every toy or idea into it, so to that end it feels a bit chaotic. The only thing it doesn't have is magnets, I think.

As for gameplay it has lots of shots and strategies. I don't seek it out but I always enjoy playing it.

#7 7 years ago

I agree with jonnyo. It is a pretty fun pin with some good shots but it does seem to have a bit too much going on and I am not a huge fan of the sound myself. Not my favorite but I can see why others like it.

#8 7 years ago

I think it is a very fun pin. Lots to do and plenty to keep you entertained! I know people complain regarding the fact that you have to go across country and do the modes "in order", and the other common complaint is the music (totally subjective). I think the music fits the theme quite well.

It's a very good wide-body pin by a great designer. Prices vary, but I'd say $2k for a nice one is about right, possibly more. Great bang for the buck. I think it is rated about right here on Pinside (#41), if not possibly a bit low. I want one!

#9 7 years ago

It's definitely one I play whenever I see it around. Other than music preference I don't know why anyone would bash it.

#10 7 years ago

RS is a Blast!!!! I really enjoyed mine, great game for all players, big bang for the buck Get one!

#11 7 years ago

Yes, I don't care for the music but the only time I notice is the country track that plays after a jackpot (?). So it's totally not a deal breaker.

#12 7 years ago

Extremely fun game and an example of why a great game does not need an expensive license. Plus, you get the best Shoot Again animation ever:

(at he 5:10 mark)!

#13 7 years ago

I really liked playing it at pinball expo this year, lots of shots lots to do and a classic Lawlor design. Was considering buying one that was there.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Extremely fun game and an example of why a great game does not need an expensive license. Plus, you get the best Shoot Again animation ever:

(at he 5:10 mark)!

has anyone opened that link yet? When I tried it, it crashed my computer and now I am scared to try again....

#15 7 years ago

The "youtu.be" doesn't seem right, unless they changed something and didn't tell me.

#16 7 years ago

In my opinion, the best game ever made. Had over a hundred machines over the years, RS is the only machine that I never ever bore of, it is simply, in my eyes at least, the closest to perfection ever created.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

the closest to perfection ever created.

Well, if you like it that much, why don't you incorporate it in your avatar?

#18 7 years ago

good idea

#19 7 years ago

I did not like road show the first time I played it. I have no idea why because I now think it's a really good game. A friend also went through the same dislike/like process. The shots are challenging but not impossible and the sounds and speech are good. As others above, I do not care for the country song but don't mind it really since it doesn't play that often.

Good pin for just under $2k if you can find it. Not too bad to shop either, despite the ramps.

Also, other than the heads, it really bears no resemblance to funhouse -- maybe I was expecting that the first time I played it.

#20 7 years ago

Im in some what of the same boat im picking up my ngg unshoped for 1400you and the guy im buying it from has a roadshow for 2400 im can't decide if I want to get it seems like a step price for a road show but I really want a wide body probably gonna hold out for twlight zone or addams family that's the 2hole most wanted pins on my list

#21 7 years ago

And yes I know addams family is not a wide body but thinking about road show bc there really seems to be a shortage of pins available in ga

#22 7 years ago

Excellent game, Lawlor's finest! This is a keeper for me... I like the way you have to go across the country to the West Coast, and then get like a mini wizard mode... but only get around 1/2 the city inserts... then you have to go again, but be careful when you shoot the start city scoop to try and start cities you haven't lit (they toggle between 2 cities as you hit stuff)... then get another west coast city... and I think you have to go a third time to get the final west coast city (picking off any un-lit cities on the way)... finally, when you get all the cities, you get some mega wizard mode... I don't think I ever managed that while I had the game set up... Some nice long shots, nice use if 2nd plunger... like the souvenir idea too, and I think I kind of fancy Red

#23 7 years ago

The game is really fun but I'm not a big fan of the audio. Still it is a good value that can be had for around $2k.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

and I think I kind of fancy Red []

Does Red swallow balls?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Does Red swallow balls?

Yes she does... that's part of the attraction

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

plus, you get the best Shoot Again animation ever:

+1 I love that Shoot Again sequence. Can't be better than that.

#27 7 years ago

played it more then a few times but never had the desire to want one

#28 7 years ago

There are many many reasons why I think it is the best game ever. But the satisfaction of hitting the left ramp bridge out, into the right ramp through the pops bridge out, into the blast zone shot from the mini flipper is just about as good as any combo I have ever come across, it never grows old...

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

the satisfaction of hitting the left ramp bridge out, into the right ramp through the pops bridge out, into the blast zone shot from the mini flipper is just about as good as any combo I have ever come across, it never grows old...

I'm with you on that one! I also love how the jackpot is displayed, the 'bam bam bam' for each letter... little things please little minds

#30 7 years ago

Agreed Lee, awsome feeling when you manage to get into a routine of nailing Ted in the mouth then Red and repeating, that sequence really improved my control during multiball. By the way 22 billion, that is one amazing score, that must have taken you forever! I managed 8 billion with no extra balls the other day, that made me happy

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

By the way 22 billion, that is one amazing score, that must have taken you forever!

It did take a while... the problem with the hi score charts is that the settings a person has on a game may differ slightly from the factory settings without the player realising... especially if played on location... I'm not sure how I had my extra ball settings for example, but I did have the game on 5 ball... I wanted to chage that when I entered the hi-score, but couldn't work out how to do it... I noticed that the way to get a big score on that game it to build sounenirs, especially from the skill shot... every time you plunge the ball, get a souvanir... with a load of souvanirs and the bonus multiplier maxed out, I seem to remember getting well over a billion in bonus...

8 billion with no extra balls is very impressive!

#32 7 years ago

By the way R16, I see you have two Spiderman's... want to sell one?? I'll be over your way (ish) just before Xmas!

Also, I notice your hi-scores don't end in '0'... that's a bit odd...

#33 7 years ago

Absolutely, when playing a game with extra balls, the way to score big is get that bonus multi-plyer up to 6x, get the extra ball for your troubles and keep nailing that skill shot at every opportunity. I too have managed to break over a billion in bonus alone (wow, big points).

Also, worked something else out the other day which I thought was pretty cool (maybe it was obvious to others, but I have had the game for 10 years and have only just worked it out!). Hit the blast zone 3 times to light flying rocks, complete Miami or New York and then start Seattle. Shoot flying rocks. Shoot the 5x blast zone multi-plyer and nail the blast zone off the mini flipper, makes that 30-40 million point shot worth closer to 180 million quick points. Seems obvious now I have written it, but it took me 10 years!

I do have 2 spidey's Its a great game. I think i'm going to hold on to them both for now, unless you fancy trading for your MM?

#34 7 years ago

Also, I notice your hi-scores don't end in '0'... that's a bit odd...

Ha!!!! I thought it would be way longer than that before anyone noticed! I thought it was funny that it was even possible to change that last digit

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from roadshow16:

Hit the blast zone 3 times to light flying rocks, complete Miami or New York and then start Seattle. Shoot flying rocks. Shoot the 5x blast zone multi-plyer and nail the blast zone off the mini flipper, makes that 30-40 million point shot worth closer to 180 million quick points. Seems obvious now I have written it, but it took me 10 years!

Well, it certainly doesn't sound obvious to me, even though I'm reading it!!

Quoted from roadshow16:

I think i'm going to hold on to them both for now, unless you fancy trading for your MM?

Not even for both Spideys!!

I'll give you a Black Knight for it... it's almost the same as an MM... very similar theme... and I'll throw in a Jungle Lord as a sweetener!

#36 7 years ago

I've played 25 games on the Road Show and my first few times I was a bit overwhelmed with how the game worked and what to shoot for, and after figuring out what to shoot for I was pleasantly surprised how much more there was to do on the pin. I think it's a nice game and would recommend you play it more(on a maintained pin if you can) and also ask yourself the following questions, do I enjoy just playing the machine and doesn't matter if I'm on a roll or rolling the ball off the plunger?, do I want to own the pin because of a certain theme and artwork or because of how the layout is on the playfield?, and finally; What options do I have changing settings on the machine as I become better or do I simply want to just have fun regardless of depth and difficulty? I myself was trying to figure some way of determining is this a pin for me?; and came up with those questions and it did help me and I hope it helps you also.

#37 7 years ago

Definitely one of the better "bang for the buck" pins out there.

2 weeks later
#38 7 years ago

I finally picked up my first game Road Show Last week. Had some issues with it, But I can say its a really fun game, cool dmd video and really fun multiball.

It came with no rules cards, Anyone know if you can still buy these?

#41 7 years ago

lol...

slow down TDA!!!!! ya got me by 9 seconds!!

#43 7 years ago
#44 7 years ago

A few thoughts on this pin...... I can't remember where or when I first played this game but knew I wanted one, it is great eyecandy and a pretty cool game to play too.

Roadshow has got a massive list of attractions, 2 ball swallowing talking heads, shaker motor, a shot through the bumpers, tis a widebody, ramps, diverters, twin plungers, fantastic art package and crazy blue cab, Carlene Carter(whoever she is), more modes than you can shake a stick at, 4 flippers, loops and combo shots, a ton of stand up targets, a spinner and theme is great too....

Who wouldn't want one??

Lucky old me got one last week in great shape too, I'm still learning how to play it and love that shot off the mini flipper to the blasting zone.

And what an easy theme to add your own mods to, I'm looking for some small bulldozers to add to the playfield.

#45 7 years ago

I played this at Expo and loved it. Out of all the pins there, that would be the one I'd want to take home. Keep in mind I only got the chance to play this about 7 or 8 times, so I think I'd need some more time. I don't think you'd be disappointed, seems to be plenty to do in the game.

4 months later
#46 7 years ago

I picked my RS up about six weeks ago from a fellow Pinsider (squeakman). I bought it based on playing it a couple times previously and really liking it. Honestly, for some reason the first several days I had it I was having a hard time remembering what I liked about it. Bottom line is that I simply wasn't hitting my shots and therefore was not advancing through the game at all. I was starting to think that I had made a mistake.

Kept at it, started hitting my shots, made it much deeper into the game, and low and behold...I feel that this pin has it all. Great shots, loops, ramps, diverters, two plungers, shaker, 4 flippers, great humor, and tons of modes. The modes aren't just quantity either, the quality is excellent as most of them are just great!

Getting across the country is satisfying, and getting Super Payday is a lot of fun. While six weeks isn't a long time and can still be considered the "honey moon" period, I can say that this pin continues to impress me more the longer I have it and play it.

I've been motivated by how much I love this pin to start pimping it out. Looks great with LEDs, PDI decals, etc. It's in great condition too. Thanks Squeakman!

Really a very cool, super fun and addicting pin!

#47 7 years ago

RobT said:Does Red swallow balls?
Yes she does... that's part of the attraction

She doesn't really because she spits them back out!

#48 7 years ago

I have always wanted a RS.. I had the choice a few years back between it and a DE JP.. I took the JP because it was $300 cheaper. I really wish I would have chosen RS today!

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from BillinIndiana:

I have always wanted a RS.. I had the choice a few years back between it and a DE JP.. I took the JP because it was $300 cheaper. I really wish I would have chosen RS today!

The good thing is that they do come up from time to time and shouldn't be that hard to get, especially if you are willing to ship.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

BillinIndiana said:I have always wanted a RS.. I had the choice a few years back between it and a DE JP.. I took the JP because it was $300 cheaper. I really wish I would have chosen RS today!
The good thing is that they do come up from time to time and shouldn't be that hard to get, especially if you are willing to ship.

True.. They're still around, but the RS price definitely has climbed faster and higher than the JP.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 47.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside