Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Ferret
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have one error message on my Road Show---switch 37 Hit Red. Is this an eddy switch that is part of a circuit board with a red light? If so, do I adjust the switch by carefully turning the eddy switch? Should the red light be on or off? Or is switch 37 corrected some other way?

#2 6 years ago

Manual can tell you, probably an eddy.

The tiny potentiometer. Turn it until the LED goes on, then turn back just until the LED goes out.

Check in Tests - Switch Edge - roll a ball to it.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Yes, it's an adjustable eddy switch. There's a little potentiometer on the circuit board there... to adjust, turn the pot tab until the red light just turns on, then turn it the other way until the red light just turns off. It is VERY sensitive, so these motions are just like a degree or two of rotating on the pot tab. The red light should be off unless a ball is detected, when it should be on. On my game, I have to tweak these boards every few months or so.

#4 6 years ago

Made adjustment and error message went away. However, nothing happens when the arrow leading to Red's mouth lights up and a ball rolls up to it and hits her mouth. I did notice that another eddy switch that connects to a small strip playfield circuit board is lit up. This is not the eddy that services the moving gate in front of Ted's mouth. Should that red light be out also? And what's supposed to happen when the ball hits Red's mouth when it is lit?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from redgoat:

ball rolls up to it and hits her mouth.

Did you check with a ball in switch edge test ?

Quoted from redgoat:

Should that red light be out also?

If it looks like the other eddy board, adjust it the same.

#6 6 years ago

On the roadshow I used to have the Eddy boards that you would logically think belong to each head didn’t line up. Meaning the board for Ted was closer to Red, and the board for Red was closer to Ted. So make sure you are adjusting the correct one. I was adjusting Teds eddy board for quite some time before I realized I was actually adjusting the wrong one. Just a thought.

#7 6 years ago

If the Test Report error went away, sounds like you adjusted the correct eddy, but perhaps went too far in the "insensitive" direction. IMHO the easiest way to adjust is to go into Switch Edges, raise the playfield, adjust the pot, test with a ball (while the playfield is still raised), both watching the LED and listening for the "bong!" of Switch Edges. And did I mention that the pot adjustment is REALLY sensitive?

And there are a total of three eddy sensors: one in front of Red's mouth, and TWO in front of Ted's mouth, one on either side of the dozer blade. All three use the same kind of eddy boards with the same adjustment procedure. Might as well tune them all while the playfield is up.

To your other question: when you're in a game and the ball hits Red's mouth, she'll generally shout in surprise and/or yell at you angrily... if the "Big Millions" arrow was lit, the DMD will show an award like "BIG MILLIONS 6,000,000".

#8 6 years ago

Yes what ferret said haha. I completely forgot about the 3rd eddy board haha. Been a while

#9 6 years ago

Carefully adjusted Red's eddy and now she works as she should. Red now speaks when hit and jackpot is rewarded when millions is lit. I see what you mean by a very sensitive eddy switch. I still have one question. What does the eddy on the circuit board that sends wires to a smaller green printed circuit board that is behind the larger green printed circuit? This red light was on earlier and I adjusted it out. But what does it do? Is it somehow connected to the larger eddy board that makes a sound when the ball hits the lift gate? BTW, I had to adjust the lift gate eddy several days ago as it was not registering "hits" as it should. I think this is a fairly common issue with this eddy.
Thanks to all you contributors for your help.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from redgoat:

I see what you mean by a very sensitive eddy switch.

If they constantly need adjusting. Put a drop of finger nail polish on the potentiometer once it's adjusted, so it stays put.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from redgoat:

What does the eddy on the circuit board that sends wires to a smaller green printed circuit board that is behind the larger green printed circuit? This red light was on earlier and I adjusted it out. But what does it do? Is it somehow connected to the larger eddy board that makes a sound when the ball hits the lift gate?

Sorry, I can't interpret that question. If you're asking why there are two eddy sensors in front of Ted: the front one is used to detect hits on the bulldozer, the back one is used to detect if a ball gets trapped behind the dozer blade.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-switch-37-hit-red and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.