6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by LargemouthAss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190521_180844 (resized).jpg
    20190521_180826 (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

I have a Road Show that has been resetting mid game, I bought the kahr pro daughterboard so it would tell me if the problem was the 5v or the 12v. I put it in and it shows that the 5v is getting too high AND too low and that the 12v is dropping below 9v. After asking around I realized that I might be dealing with a different problem entirely as the game does not fully reset, rather the display gets diagonal lines, the flippers stop, and the game goes back to attract mode. So the game is not resetting rather it is slam tilting.

I noticed that this is happening whenever I hit the white stand up target (81) during normal game play. I went in to test mode (with the door closed for full power) and the stand up target registers and does not slam tilt. I tried the T4 solenoid test and let it run while pushing on the target, all solenoids fired and the game did not slam tilt. During normal gameplay the stand up target causes a slam tilt every single time it is hit.

I have re-seated all the connectors on the boards and there is no battery corrosion or obvious wear on the boards. They look great.

I have ordered a new stand up target just to be sure and I will install it when it arrives. Should I be concerned about the kahr daughterboard voltage issues or is that typical with a slam tilt? Will replacing the target resolve this issue? What else should I check? Any and all help is appreciated.

Here are pictures of the wiring for the switch:
    20190521_180826 (resized).jpg20190521_180844 (resized).jpg

#2 6 months ago

Slam tilt is on your switch matrix.

Sounds like a normal switch matrix issue. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring.

If it just started - go over what you did last. If it's been doing it for awhile, go over all your switches and wiring.

LTG : )

#3 6 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Slam tilt is on your switch matrix.
    Sounds like a normal switch matrix issue. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring.
    If it just started - go over what you did last. If it's been doing it for awhile, go over all your switches and wiring.

I have had the game since February and all I have done is add a colorDMD and replace switch 72 which is on a different column and row on the matrix. Could that be the problem?

#4 6 months ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

replace switch 72 which is on a different column and row on the matrix. Could that be the problem?

Did you wire it in right ? Same as all your other switches. White wire and black end of diode to a lug, green wire to a lug, silver band end of diode to a lug.

Easy to check and compare to other switches.

#5 6 months ago

That is how I wired it! I will look around the playfield again tonight and see if I can find any switch issues. Thanks!

#6 6 months ago

I haven't got any ideas. Just wanted to say I really like your user name. Made me laugh!
    Anyway, listen to LTG, he's greatly knowledgable and invaluable around here.

#7 5 months ago

Turns out there was a short on the red "magic" target. Got it up and working fine thanks to Pinball Paul! (I looked everywhere for a short but did not know exactly what to look for, won't make that mistake again)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside