Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Sammy31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I recently picked up a roadshow, everything seems to be working except the eyelids on both Ted and Red are a bit wacky. When I play a few games, Reds eyelids begin to function normally and open and close when they should. When I shut it off and turn it back on, it takes a few games for her eyelids to start closing again. I'm thinking it's a coil in her head bu tI just wanted to check and see if anyone else has gone through this and maybe could give me some pointers. On Ted, the eyelids are half open and get wide, but never close. When I took his face apart, the spring on the back coil was off, and the bottom coil was not going in unless I jiggled it for a while. Are coils supposed to move freely? Also, does Roadshow have an auto plunge? Mine isn't doing it, but there are no errors at start up. Thanks in advance for any help!
-Tom

#2 7 years ago

maybe the centering flange is missing?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

I recently picked up a roadshow, everything seems to be working except the eyelids on both Ted and Red are a bit wacky. When I play a few games, Reds eyelids begin to function normally and open and close when they should. When I shut it off and turn it back on, it takes a few games for her eyelids to start closing again. I'm thinking it's a coil in her head bu tI just wanted to check and see if anyone else has gone through this and maybe could give me some pointers. On Ted, the eyelids are half open and get wide, but never close. When I took his face apart, the spring on the back coil was off, and the bottom coil was not going in unless I jiggled it for a while. Are coils supposed to move freely? Also, does Roadshow have an auto plunge? Mine isn't doing it, but there are no errors at start up. Thanks in advance for any help!
-Tom

No autoplunge on RS.
If the eyes are sticking it could be because the coil sleaves are dirty
The only problem i have had with the heads was with the wire on the tiny coils... the coil wire itself was broken from the terminal, just had to resolder them back on.
See if you can make the eyes move the way you want manually. If you can't then there is probably a broken part in there somewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 63.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-question-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.