Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hello everyone. Recently I picked up a Road Show that definitely has a lot of issues. However, the one issue that’s really stumped me is with the playfield. For some reason, regardless of if I move the wires in the back, or if I try to adjust anything underneath it, will not sit flush with the receiver. I should also note that it seems to be oddly tight within the cabinet, and makes a screeching noise when being pulled out or pushed in. It also appears to be catching on the left plunger rod, therefore damaging it unless you pull it back when pulled up (which does not seem right at all). I have talked to some people, and all seem to be lost on what the issue could be, or have never experienced it themselves. Has anybody else experienced this issue before, and if so, how do you handle this situation? Attached below are some pictures of positions I’ve gotten the playfield into. Thank you guys.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Looks like the playfield is off centered a hair, it takes a little shimmy side to side pushing it back to get it in slots, mine does the same thing too, but eventually the hooks fall into the slots.

#3 1 year ago

It looks like it is crooked in the cabinet....did someone drop the machine or do something to make the cabinet not rectangular? Try pushing the cabinet's lower left corner towards the upper right corner....see if the playfield drops in.

#4 1 year ago

Playfield hangers bent and not straight up and down ?

LTG : )

#5 1 year ago

Check the pivot bolts, they can become loose and get cocked, throwing the pivot point off.

#6 1 year ago

Cabinet is out of square.

#7 1 year ago

Thank you all for your support. I have tried shimmying back and forth while pushing it in, and it does not seem to do the trick. The hangers are definitely messed up, but there is more to the issue as well. Also, I am worried about the cabinet, as the game has been moved multiple times. However, there appears to be no structural damage on the cabinet, it’s all cosmetic. The game was previously in a finished basement, so I don’t think it’s warped. I’m thinking it might be the pivot bolts, as the right side seems to be a little weird locking in, and seems like the pivoting in general is off. Thank you guys for your recommendations.

#8 1 year ago

Look at where the apron meets the lockdown bar receiver. The cabinet is not square with the playfield. If u took a ratchet strap from the corner of the cabinet with the shooter to the opposite corner at backbox, and tightened it a bit, playfield would fit correctly.
Getting it to stay in that position is the hard part.
Moving pivot points will not help this

1 week later
#9 1 year ago

Jjsmooth thank you for your input, but I have looked at the game itself, and the cabinet is fine structurally. It is definitely the way the game is locking in, as I have forgotten to not that I was able to get it in correctly once. The issue is that the bracket that is holding the playfield on the right side is extremely loose and needs to be tightened up. However, I see your concern, and if this does not work out, this will be the next step I’ll take.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 63.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-playfield-not-sitting-in-game-right and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.