New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275636)

Road Show, Lamp screws up matrix and should be on GI and GI Lamp on matrix.

By DaveTheTrain

60 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by DaveTheTrain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200821_101810 (resized).jpg
20200821_101839 (resized).jpg

#1 60 days ago

Hi all,

I'm a novice and only had my first pins delivered yesterday. I've learnt a lot very quickly, because I've had to!

Ok so with Road Show I noticed multiple lamps would be illuminated that shouldn't be, for example extra ball, special, two cities, lots.

Also 'Bridge out R' was constantly illuminated when it shouldn't be.

To cut a long story short I studied the matrix and went through the tests, there seemed to be a pattern although atm not sure why.
I noticed the spotlight on Red was flashing dimmly a lot while going through the lamp tests and was bright during the bridge out R Lamp test.
Which made no sense at all.

So i took the bulb out.
Then all the lamps worked fine, no multiple lamps on with each other.
Tried a few other bulbs to see if it was dodgy but the problem came back each time.

Now I was confused by the Bridge out R lights, i tried swapping the board with the bridge out L and same issue.
Then I did a GI test and found Bridge out R was part of the GI.

So,
Reds spotlight and Bridge Out R are the wrong way round. The Spotlight should be on GI and Bridge out should be on the bridge out lamp matrix (86).

How is this achieved? I am a total novice.
And won't i end up with the same issue I had before where the matrix will get screwed up just with the bridge out light rather than the spot?

Cheers all
David

#2 60 days ago

You have two connectors swapped. Follow them down from the spotlight and the bridge out led connector. Swap em.

#3 60 days ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

You have two connectors swapped. Follow them down from the spotlight and the bridge out led connector. Swap em.

Under the playfield or further away?
The bridge out board has a connector but the spot is soldered.
I'm a total newbie only owning a pin for three days, have learnt a lot because I've had to but the chaos of cables underneath isn't something i understand.

#4 60 days ago

I checked the wires and the colours in the manual and the ones going to bridge out R match the ones going into the correct connector, same with the spot.

I'm clueless here

#5 60 days ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Under the playfield or further away?
The bridge out board has a connector but the spot is soldered.
I'm a total newbie only owning a pin for three days, have learnt a lot because I've had to but the chaos of cables underneath isn't something i understand.

Yes, under the pf.

Trust me, swap them. Years ago my dad bought a roadshow with the exact same issue. Connectors were swapped. It won't hurt or damage anything.

#6 60 days ago

These two connectors. Under the pf, almost directly under the right ramp. The connector that has 'F' on it should be connected to the spotlight. (Your connector won't have writing on it). The other connector goes to the bridge out leds.

20200821_101810 (resized).jpg20200821_101839 (resized).jpg
#7 58 days ago

Feel like such a noob! Someone else said check under playfield and i didn't realise there were connectors there for some silly reason!
That fixed it!

Thanks for the help

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 37.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside