(Topic ID: 90703)

Road show help please...I am a complete noob at this!!

By BigT

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

This past weekend I bought a Road Show at an auction, pretty much sight unseen. It was turned off until the auctioneer came around then they plugged it in for a few minutes and voila I am the proud owner of a Road Show. I get it back to the house and now I do not know where to begin on the problems.

So I am going to start with the diagnostic test, the solinoids do not fire during the test, but most of them work when ball is in play. How do I troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in advance.

#2 9 years ago

Press the safety pins switch at the bottom left of the door on the frame. They deactivate the voltage circuits to some of the test including solenoids when the door is open.

#3 9 years ago

Good luck with the project!

#4 9 years ago

Make sure the coin door is closed during the tests, otherwise they will not fire as the high voltage is deactivated. So activate the test with the door open and then close and observe.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks guys...that worked!! Now time to replace 2 flippers. Captain any suggestions when it comes time to rebuild Red and Ted. The only thing that works is teds mouth.

#6 9 years ago

Getting Ted out to work on him is half the challenge. You need to remove several different parts from under the playfield in order to get enough room to pull him out from the bottom.

I don't think you can work on him while he's on the playfield, but I could be wrong.

#7 9 years ago

You are going to need to remove the ramps, left diverter, wire ramps, dozer, etc on the top of the playfield and the subway on the bottom of teds mouth on the underside.. I had to loosen and reposition a thing or two to be able to slide ted out from the bottom if memory serves me correctly. Make sure you take lots of pictures for easy reassembly. Once the heads are out check all the wires, etc... (In my case reds eye coil stops were crooked because one of the screws had fallen out causing the eyes not to open). Not too difficult but pretty time consuming.

#8 9 years ago

Or at least that was my method of removing red and ted... Perhaps there is an easier way but I kinda doubt it.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Tilter:

Make sure you take lots of pictures for easy reassembly. Once the heads are out check all the wires, etc... Not too difficult but pretty time consuming.

+1

Definitely check, recheck and test the head before you put it back in; you don't want to have to pull it back out again!

Definitely not a difficult job but you'll need some patience.

1 month later
#10 9 years ago

You get it figured out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-help-pleasei-am-a-complete-noob-at-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.