You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 11 years ago

After almost two years of trying I finally picked up a Road Show! I am stopped for gas half way on my return trip home. I think this makes a full collection for me for awhile.

And thank you to the seller too - a fellow pinsider.

#2 11 years ago

Congratulations, its a keeper!

#3 11 years ago

When peiple complain about roadshow it is often about the country song.
I hate country but this game is fantastic, lots of strategy and a keeper for sure.

#4 11 years ago

Congrats, truly one of the very best bang for the buck pins you can buy!

#5 11 years ago

I just bought one about a month ago and i love it...... Wide body with alot of strategy!!! It will be a keeper in my collection for sure. Now if only i could find a BSD~!

#6 11 years ago

Nice I had a similar line up as yours but couldn't do that much upper flipper action (pat) games and sold roadshow, I miss TAF more then RS but its a sweet ass pin that is for sure. It drained too much for my visitors was the end story.

#7 11 years ago

I am selling NGG next weekend. Friends circulated a petition to block the sale. My house does not recognize petitions though.

Why is the drive home always "longer?" I had to stop for Full Throtte.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Chuckie:

When peiple complain about roadshow it is often about the country song.
I hate country but this game is fantastic, lots of strategy and a keeper for sure.

I live in the part of the country where Country Music is very popular.

#9 11 years ago

Home! Waiting for unloading help. It's going in my gym/shop so I can work on it. RS will go in the house next weekend.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Looks like it will be right at home. * Jealous of your easy access to your game room!

#11 11 years ago

Congrats think I'm going to have to find another one some day soon !!

#12 11 years ago

Your both from GA just go to his house and play it!

#13 11 years ago

Three switches out in the ball lock area. Well technically they work but the metal parts are all bent incorrectly. I messed with them for a bit but I am exhausted now. I will probably just order three new ones.

#14 11 years ago

Sorry to hear im sure you will have it up and running in no time.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

Sorry to hear im sure you will have it up and running in no time.

It's perfectly okay. I knew I was buying a small project. It is the best way for me to learn. I think I am on top of switches. So you shouldn't see a 150 post count on this one.

#16 11 years ago

congrats! I also have one. I got it 1-2 years ago but the eyes broke (they won't blink). If you read this, please respond. I'm asking if yours had this same problem. Thanks.

#17 11 years ago

The heads work fine on mine. There is a paper with repair history inside of it. All repairs have been related to multiball and heads.

#18 11 years ago

the heads often need repair and from what i have experienced check the linkage and gears inside the heads if they wont blink.

#19 11 years ago

Very fun pin. You'll love it.
I'm not a country fan, but I think the music is a good change of pace for pinball.

#20 11 years ago

Congratulations on your new machine!

Mike.

#21 11 years ago

It would be the last one to leave my collection. I've played it a lot over the last year, and I still find new things to appreciate about it. Way under appreciated game in my opinion. Even at its current rank of 30 on Pinside it deserves better. Get her fixed up and enjoy. Congrats!

#22 11 years ago

Just bought mine a month ago! Congrats & enjoy!!

#23 11 years ago

If the flippers are at all weak, rebuild them. Played it with weak flippers for about 1 year, then finally rebuilt them. What a difference!

Chris

#24 11 years ago

Still waiting to get mine back from my buddy who is pimping it out for me Cant wait super fun game.

#25 11 years ago

Love this game, congrats! Takes a bit to figure out with so much going on, but that is what keeps it interesting.

#27 11 years ago

Thanks. I am still working on a slew of minor issues. I may just push it into a corner and get back to it in 2014. I spent about four hours working on it last night and again tonight.

#28 11 years ago

Really fun pin, built in shaker, 4 flippers, 2 animatronic heads, one of the best jackpot callouts in pinball, and the Sound/DMD/Light show really kicks up a notch once you get to the west coast.

#29 11 years ago

Congrats on your RS pickup!

#30 11 years ago

My RS was the one pin that gave me a run for the money troubleshooting but I declare victory in the end. I purchased mine with a known reset issue. The standard attack fix did not nail it. The remaining culprit was the a thermistor in the incoming power supply box and the "Z" connector. Mine has been bullet proof since....(tapping head / knocking wood).

#31 11 years ago

I can't figure out how to fix the eddy sensor for "hit Ted." The bulldozer and Red ones work fine. I swapped the boards (Ted and Bulldozer) and then neither worked. Swapped them back and the Bulldozer worked again.

After the radio targets all show up as closed. I can unplug them and plug them back in and it registers a single hit. The contacts on the switches do not appear to be touching. So I am confused there too.

The roll over switch underneath Ted works in test but is not bent correctly to register a ball. I have spent a few hours bending it and trying again but I can't seem to get it.

Both roll through switches (not the gates but the other ones) on the ramps need to be replaced. The little springs for the buttons seem worn out.

There are about 15 light sockets that don't work. I replaced the bulbs and they don't come on. I think this is a matter of removing the light boards and reflowing joints.

I have about eight hours of labor in the game already. STTNG took right at 20 hours to get working 100%. I still need to finish cleaning that one and put a new ramp in.

I think I am simply worn out.

#33 11 years ago

I have it just about ready now. Fixed everything other than one switch. I am simply out of replacement switches. Then there I normal stuff - rebuild flippers, change rubbers, some lights. I but a lot of LEDs in. Yeah, I like those.

#34 11 years ago

Hope with the work your putting into it you got it for a decent price.

#35 11 years ago

$2,000. Cheapest I found. Cleaned up pretty well. Could use a new translite and side art on one side. Oh and I need to paint the legs.

It is playing now and error free. It took a lot of hours but not much in parts. I did almost give up and pass RS along. Instead it worked out as planned. Bought RS, sold NGG.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-finally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.